Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doddsy

Dorgesh-kaan City Guide

There is actually some mistakes with that map. If you want, I can fix the mistake and add the two floors together. Then I can use my font which you asked me about in the PM you sent me.

EDIT: Heres the new Map!

mapofgoblincitykm9.png

Edited by Warren

What I meant in the PM is that you spelled the city's name wrong. It is spelled Dorgesh-Kaan, and you spelled it Dorgesh-Kann. And go ahead and fix whatever is wrong.

There is actually some mistakes with that map. If you want, I can fix the mistake and add the two floors together. Then I can use my font which you asked me about in the PM you sent me.

EDIT: Heres the new Map!

mapofgoblincitykm9.png

That's great, I can go ahead and add the numbers tonight :P

- Audio -

:yay:

Make sure you spell the city's name right...

Edited by Hawk

Guest Worminator10

gr8 map

its awesome that you guys put in so much effort to make these guides and maps when they're just released in the game.

WELL DONE :unsure::unsure: ^_^ ^_^ :crying:

Durgok - He sells frogburgers for 10gp, they heal 2 hp
I think you should change the 2 hp to 2hp like the other foods underneath, it would look neater.
Mernik: She runs the Dorgesh-kaan nursery, shows cave goblins have a good union. She tries to introduce to the children but they do not seen to care. She is honoured to meet you once she realizes who you are.
Also in the sentence above you need change seen to seem. Edited by high priest of saradomin

Durgok - He sells frogburgers for 10gp, they heal 2 hp
I think you should change the 2 hp to 2hp like the other foods underneath, it would look neater.
Mernik: She runs the Dorgesh-kaan nursery, shows cave goblins have a good union. She tries to introduce to the children but they do not seen to care. She is honoured to meet you once she realizes who you are.
Also in the sentence above you need change seen to seem.

Will do!

Dorgesh-kaan is a small underground town, reached by going through Lumbridge Swamp Cave; it's inhabited by many Dorgeshuun Goblins and can be accessed upon completion of the Death To The Dorgeshuun quest. It was released in March 2007, and was before then disclosed to the public.

Dorgesh-Kaan is a small underground town, reached by going through Lumbridge Swamp Cave. It is inhabited by many Dorgeshuun Goblins and can be accessed upon completion of the Death To The Dorgeshuun quest. Dorgesh-Kaan was disclosed to the public before it’s release date in March 2007.

Method 1: Use the Home Teleport to get to Lumbridge center, then walk downstairs of the Kitchen and then go through the Cave entrance, it is recommended you have a light source, then talk to the cave goblin who is just through the cave. He will take you to the mines and there you should walk south to the bone gates which lead to Dorgesh-Kaan. This method requires no Magic Level or Runes

Method 1: Use the Home Teleport to reach the courtyard of Lumbridge Castle. Walk into the castle and direct your character into the castle kitchen. Climb down the trapdoor and walk toward the southeast corner. You will notice a hole that leads into the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. It is recommended you have a light source to further navigate your way through the caves. Climb through the hole and located the goblin named Kazgar. Speak with him and he will take you to the Dorgeshuun mines. Upon your arrival, work your way south to a set of bone gates. Open the gates to enter Dorgesh-Kaan. This method requires no Magic Level or Runes.

Method 2: Use the Lumbridge Teleport to get to Lumbrigde center, then walk downstairs of the Kitchen and then go through the Cave entrance, it is recommended you have a light source, then talk to the cave goblin who is just through the cave. He will take you to the mines and there you should walk south to the bone gates which lead to Dorgesh-Kaan. Requires Level 31 Magic and 1 Law, 3 Airs and 1 Earth rune to cast.

Method 2: Use the Lumbridge Teleport spell to reach the courtyard of Lumbridge Castle. Follow the same steps as explained in method one to reach the town. This method requires level-31 Magic, three air runes, one law rune, and one earth rune.

Method 3: You can use Fairy Rings to get to Dorgeshuun-Kaan, the code is AJQ. This will put you in the Dorgeshun mines. You need a light source to navigate the mines. Speak to the cave goblin just into the cave to be taken to the other end of the mine. Then just walk south to the gates of Dorgesh-Kaan. This requires you to have started Fairy Tales II and to have gained permission from the Fairy Godfather.

Method 3: This method will only work for those who have started A Fairy Tale Part 2: Cure A Queen. You can use Fairy Rings to teleport to the southern caves of Dorgeshuun-Kaan. The code to use is AJQ. You will need a light source to navigate the caves. Once you arrive, work your way north to a set of stairs. These steps will lead you into Dorgesh-Kaan.

Method 4: If you take 1 molten glass and 2 law runes to Orlak he will make you a 'moving-place-device'. This is basically an orb that when broken teleports you into a random place within Dorgesh-kaan. Orlak will make as many as you want as long as you supply all the materials

Method 4: If you take one molten glass and two law runes to Orlak, who is a goblin in the city, he will make you a 'moving-place-device'. Basically, this is an orb that, when broken, teleports you into a random place within Dorgesh-Kaan. Orlak will make as many as you want as long as you supply all the materials.

1. The Gate

This is the way in and out of the city if you are going to use the Dorgeshuun mine root. There is a level 26 Goblin Guard here as well if you feel like killing one of the cave goblins

1. The Gate

This is the way in and out of the city if you are going to use the Dorgeshuun mine route. There is a level 26 Goblin Guard here if you feel like killing one of the cave goblins.

This is where you come to get your special Dorgesh-kaan teleport made. If you bring two law runes and 1 molten glass to him he will make you the special Dorgush-kaan teleport.

Capitalize the K in “Kaan”.

This is the Dorgesh-kaan take on a general store. This is the stock amount of items in the shop.

The Dorgush-kaan market is a bustling and busy place for any surface-dweller attempting to make a small fortune.

Bartering with the Gourmet goblins is an art in its own right. Before you can sell food to the 'Gourmet' you must gain permission from the council member. I will cover this later in the city guide. The best way to make money off them is to go to every single 'Gourmet' and offer a good price. Keep bartering until they accept that price. Remember each price they offer. Once you have gone through each one go back to the one that offered the most. If done right you can sell food for much over its real value though it can be hard to get some of them to settle on prices. Once you have sold your food it is suggested that you use a new type of food and re-do the process.

This will be explained later on. Add a comma after "value".

The next person in the market worth talking too is Reldak, he is the goblin constantly shouting 'Leather!'. He can sell you the frog-skin leather armour. The armour its self is not the greatest but for price to strength ratio it is not a bad piece of kit. The stock amount of armour is 50 for each piece of equipment.

The next person in the marketplace, who is worth talking too, is Reldak. He is the goblin, constantly, shouting 'Leather!'. He can sell you frog-skin leather armour. The armour itself is not the greatest, but for price to strength ratio, it is not a bad piece of armour. The stock amount of armour is 50 for each piece of equipment.

This is a furnace that many people do not see the use of. There is a sandpit nearby and if you have the ash already all you have to do is take the ash and a bucket of sand and make your glass. This can only be used for crafting and not for smelting

This is a furnace that many people do not find useful. Nearby, there is a useful sandpit for sand collecting. If you, already, have soda ash, all you have to do is take the ash and a bucket of sand and make your glass. This can only be used for crafting and not for smelting.

This is a useful sandpit for those who have not yet completed Hand in the Sand as it is relatively close to a bank and with a furnace nearby you can make molten glass if you bring some ash with you as well.

This is a useful sandpit for those who have not yet completed Hand in the Sand. It is relatively close to a bank. With a furnace nearby, you can make molten glass and bank it quickly, if you bring some ash with you.

This is works like any normal range. This rarely used for cooking foods but more for the Glassmaking process. People use this range for burning their seaweed into soda ash so they can make some molten glass.

Here you can find a normal range. This range is more useful when glassmaking, because of the sandpit and furnace in the city. Players can burn their seaweed into soda ash and create molten glass at the furnace. Of course, this range is still useful for all your cooking needs.

There are many NPC's in Dorgesh-kaan. They range from technicians, villagers and even members of the High Council!

Cave Goblin: There are two types of cave goblin. There is no distinguishable difference there appearance but one is pickpocketable and the other is not. When you talk to them they will say 'How can you see with such little eyes' but you cannot respond. To pickpocket cave goblins you must have 36 Thieving. The ones that you can pickpocket give 40 Thieving exp per successful pickpocket. The items you can pickpocket from a cave goblin are: 20-100 coins, 3 iron ore, swamp tar, oil lantern, bullseye lantern, Dorgesh-kaan wire, frogburger, bat meat kebabs, frogspawn gumbo, wall beast fingers, crispy frog legs and green gloop soup (if I have missed any please tell me)

Cave Goblin: There are two types of cave goblin. There is no distinguishable difference their appearance but one is pickpocketable and the other is not. When you talk to them, they will say 'How can you see with such little eyes' but you cannot respond. To pickpocket cave goblins you must have 36 Thieving. The goblins that you can pickpocket give 40 Thieving experience per successful pickpocket. The items you can pickpocket from a cave goblin are: 20-100 coins, 3 iron ore, swamp tar, oil lantern, Bullseye lantern, Dorgesh-Kaan wire, frogburger, bat meat kebabs, frogspawn gumbo, wall beast fingers, crispy frog legs and green gloop soup (if I have missed any please tell me)

Zanik: Zanik has been a busy girl since your last encounter. She had been attempting to decode Juna's message and has been persuading the High Council to let 'surface-dwellers' into Dorgesh-kaan. She is hard to find as she has been helping Oldak as she has many of his Dorgesh-kaan teleports. After a while she will break the device and be teleported to somewhere else in Dorgesh-kaan.

Zanik: Zanik has been a busy girl since your last encounter. She had been attempting to decode Juna's message and has been persuading the High Council to let 'surface-dwellers' into Dorgesh-Kaan. She is hard to find as she has been helping Oldak. Because she helps Oldak, she has many of his Dorgesh-Kaan teleports. After a while, she will break the device and teleport to somewhere else in Dorgesh-Kaan.

Bartak: He is the head engineer and mechanic of Dorgesh-kaan and because of this great responsibility he is a bit paranoid. Try not too make him too tense!

Barlak: He is a bone collector. He collects certain special bones , he will pay 1000 coins for the long straight bones and 2000 coins for the big curving bones. You get these bones from monsters that drop big bones. When you trade him the bones he will also tell you how he uses bones in Construction and give you some Construction exp as long as you already have 30 construction. The conversation will go something like this:

He explains how he has built everything from bones. If you find one of these bones the conversation will go like this.He is not only a interested in bones, he also wishes to buy your shells. He wants the shells you get from snails and large tortoises. He will buy normal shells for 250 coins and 'perfect' ones for 500 coins.

Goblin Scribe: This is the secratary of the High Council, he writes up the minutes of the Council's meetings. He is also trying to write the definitive history of Dorgesh-kaan, unfortunately he doesn't know what happened since the Dorgeshuun went underground. He needs you to fill in the information that he doesn't know. You could be truthful and help him right the definitive history, or you could get yourself written throughout the Dorgesh-kaan history books. If you wish to be included, then when helping him answer like this;

Ambassador Alvijar: He has traveled all the way from Keldagrim to meet with the goblins. He tells you that the Dwarves and Cave Goblins are trying to some trade agreement. He tells you that the only trade problem is the distant between the two cities. He hints towards some kind of system for trading, i.e. another cart system.

Cave goblin child: These little blighters are generally pretty rude to you. They comment on how you look funny, 'all tall and skinny with tiny eyes'. Some however, are very fascinated about you being the surface-dweller who saved their city.

Turgall: He runs the power stations. He is near the entrance to the agility area. He supervises all the actions and makes sure the people of Dorgesh-kaan have enough magical power

Spit goblin: He has the enjoyably monotonous job of turning the spit roast. When you ask him for some of his roast he will tell you that it is not ready, and that you should go to the market if you want some Dorgesh-kaan food

Guard (level-26): They always drop bones and there other drops include: 12 coins, tinderboxes, oil lanterns and bone clubs

Guard (level-24): They always drop bones and there other drops include: 12 coins, iron chainbody and bone spear.

Bartak: He is the head engineer and mechanic of Dorgesh-Kaan and because of this great responsibility. However, he is a bit paranoid. Try not to make him too tense!

Barlak: He is a bone collector. He collects certain bones. Barlak will pay 1000 coins for the long straight bones and 2000 coins for the big curving bones. You get these bones from monsters that drop big bones. When you trade him the bones, he will, also, tell you how he uses bones in Construction and will give you some Construction experience, as long as you already have 30 construction. He is not only interested in bones. He, also, wishes to buy your shells. He wants the shells you get from snails and large tortoises. He will buy normal shells for 250 coins and 'perfect' ones for 500 coins.

Goblin Scribe: This is the secretary of the High Council. He writes up the minutes of the Council’s meetings. Also, he is trying to write the definitive history of Dorgesh-Kaan. Unfortunately, he doesn't know what happened since the Dorgeshuun went underground. He needs you to fill in the information that he doesn't know. You could be truthful and help him right the definitive history, or you could get yourself written throughout the Dorgesh-Kaan history books. If you wish to be included, then help him answer like this:

Ambassador Alvijar: He has traveled all the way from Keldagrim to meet with the goblins. He tells you that the Dwarves and Cave Goblins are trying to some trade agreement. He tells you that the only trade problem is the distant between the two cities. He hints towards some kind of system for trading, like another cart system.

Mernik: She runs the Dorgesh-Kaan nursery and shows cave goblins important attractions on a good union. She tries to introduce you to the children, but they do not seen to care. She is honoured to meet you once she realizes who you are.

Cave goblin child: These little blighters are generally rude to you. They comment on how you look funny, 'all tall and skinny with tiny eyes'. Some, however, are very fascinated about you being the surface-dweller who saved their city.

Turgall: He runs the power stations. He is near the entrance to the agility area. He supervises all the actions and makes sure the people of Dorgesh-Kaan have enough magical power.

Spit goblin: He has the monotonous job of turning the spit roast. When you ask him for some of his roast, he will tell you that it is not ready, and that you should go to the market if you want some Dorgesh-Kaan food.

Guard (level-26): They always drop bones and there other drops include: 12 coins, tinderboxes, oil lanterns and bone clubs.

Guard (level-24): They always drop bones and there other drops include: 12 coins, iron chainbody and bone spear.

-----------------------

Wow, this guide had a lot of errors. Overall, the content of this guide is good, but had many errors. Unfortunately, because there were so many, I did not bold all the specific parts and explain. It would have taken too long. I rewrote the parts with errors, instead.

~ Mrcsupertrain

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Method 3: This method will only work for those who have started A Fairy Tale Part 2: Cure A Queen. You can use Fairy Rings to teleport to the southern caves of Dorgeshuun-Kaan. The code to use is AJQ. You will need a light source to navigate the mines. Once you arrive, work your way north to a set of stairs. These steps will lead you into Dorgesh-Kaan.
Sorry but not a mine in sight south of the city. The fairy ring lands you in the dungeon where the new slayer monster resides.

--Simple--

Should be "Mernik: She runs the Dorgesh-kaan nursery, shows cave goblins have a good union. She tries to introduce you to the children but they do not seen to care. She is honoured to meet you once she realizes who you are."

You forgot the "you" before "to the children"

Edited by Damaged500

The maps still needs to be corrected. The city is spelled Dorgesh-Kaan, not Dorgesh-Kann.

Method 1: Use the Home Teleport to reach the courtyard of Lumbridge Castle. Walk into the castle and direct your character into the castle kitchen.

you should like "Lumbridge Castle" to here

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/cities/lumbridge.html

Method 4: If you take one molten glass and two law runes to Orlak, who is a goblin in the city, he will make you a 'moving-place-device'. Basically, this is an orb that, when broken, teleports you into a random place within Dorgesh-Kaan. Orlak will make as many as you want as long as you supply all the materials.

orlak is actually spelled oldak. You should also mention he is in the northwestern room on the first floor in your method so no one gets confused.

Edited by Damaged500

Method 1: Use the Home Teleport to reach the courtyard of Lumbridge Castle. Walk into the castle and direct your character into the castle kitchen.

you should like "Lumbridge Castle" to here

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/cities/lumbridge.html

orlak is actually spelled oldak. You should also mention he is in the northwestern room on the first floor in your method so no one gets confused.

On the map it shows his loacation and I will add the link

= Audio =

Ambassador Alvijar: He has traveled all the way from Keldagrim to meet with the goblins. He tells you that the Dwarves and Cave Goblins are trying to some trade agreement. He tells you that the only trade problem is the distant between the two cities.

guard262jk4.gifGuard (level-26): They always drop bones and there other drops include: 12 coins, tinderboxes, oil lanterns and bone clubs.

guard242aj8.gifGuard (level-24): They always drop bones and there other drops include: 12 coins, iron chainbody and bone spear.

I think this would be better:

Ambassador Alvijar: He has traveled all the way from Keldagrim to meet with the goblins. He tells you that the Dwarves and Cave Goblins are trying to make some trade agreement. He tells you that the only problem is the distance between the two cities.

When talking about the guard drops, it should be "their" instead of "there."

Otherwise, looks like a nice guide! :P

ambassador alvijar is also the one of the two quest starts for Another Slice of H.A.M. Since the guide hasn't been uploaded to the site yet, wait to link it if you do put a link in.

ambassador alvijar is also the one of the two quest starts for Another Slice of H.A.M. Since the guide hasn't been uploaded to the site yet, wait to link it if you do put a link in.

I'll do it now it has

- Audio -

You say this guide is complete, but it isn't. You are missing the numbers on the second floor.

And you still need to correct the map. The city's name is spelled wrong.

I don't see any errors with the name in the map.

EDIT: Ahh I see it know, its got two n's when it should be two a's.

Edited by Warren

You say this guide is complete, but it isn't. You are missing the numbers on the second floor.
Theres nothing on the top floor in my guide though, Apart from the NPC's. Should I add them?

I did that :/

= Audio =

Edited by Doddsy1992

Theres nothing on the top floor in my guide though, Apart from the NPC's. Should I add them?

You should definately add them.

There is a quest start on the 2nd floor so you will have to add about that.

You should definately add them.

There is a quest start on the 2nd floor so you will have to add about that.

I'm F2P so if you edit the map and post what you think it should say then go ahead and do it

= Audio =

nice guide but it would be good to add the locations of all the npc's

I wanted too but my membership ran out before I could, and now one will help me by telling me where they are :P

= Audio =

NPC's

There are many NPC's in Dorgesh-Kaan. They range from technicians, villagers and even members of the High Council!

Some of the first people you should go and see are the members of the High Council. When you speak to one of the Gourmet they will tell you that you must seek permission from a certain member of the High Council. You can tell who is a member of the Council because their name begins with 'Ur'. They are located throughout the city on both floors. The location of the members of the High Council are as follows:

It should be :

The locations of the members of the High Council are as follows: .

and allso

Ambassador Alvijar: He has traveled all the way from Keldagrim to meet with the goblins. He tells you that the Dwarves and Cave Goblins are trying to make some trade agreement. He tells you that the only trade problem is the distance between the two cities. He hints towards some kind of system for trading, i.e. another cart system. He is also the person you can talk to start Another Slice of H.A.M

should be

Ambassador Alvijar: He has travelled all the way from Keldagrim to meet with the goblins. He tells you that the Dwarves and Cave Goblins are trying to make some trade agreement. He tells you that the only trade problem is the distance between the two cities. He hints towards some kind of system for trading, i.e. another cart system. He is also the person you can talk to start Another Slice of H.A.M

and another thing

Mernik: She runs the Dorgesh-Kaan nursery and shows cave goblins important attractions on a good union. She tries to introduce you to the children, but they do not seen to care. She is honoured to meet you once she realizes who you are.

should be

Mernik: She runs the Dorgesh-Kaan nursery and shows cave goblins important attractions on a good union. She tries to introduce you to the children, but they do not seen seem to care. She is honoured to meet you once she

realizes who you are.

And the final thing is that you don't need capitals for north , south , east and west.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.