Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BachNasty

New Poll System

The poll system has received a few necessary changes this week.

For one, we can ask several questions at any one time. This means we can get more detailed responses instead of trying to get a comprehensive result from just one question!

Additionally, we can propose many more answers than we could before, which means we can ask you about your favourite skill, quest or minigame without having to limit your answers to the usual ten.

There are other changes - too many to cram into Postie Pete's postbag - but you'll soon find out that we can add images, thank you messages, the possibility of selecting several answer options, and feedback about how we have used your answers. This last one is very important to us - we want you to know just how important the polls are to us, and how much they can affect future content.

Which brings us onto the final additions that have arrived with the shiny new poll system: Guaranteed Content polls and Player-submitted poll week.

Every so often, we will release a poll that leads directly to content being added to the game; whether that be the reward for an upcoming quest or which minigame deserves an update. This does not mean that other polls will not lead to content changes - far from it - but it does mean that we can guarantee that the winning choice will make its way into the game. Keep your eyes peeled for these Guaranteed Content polls - they will be preceded by a news post, much like this one!

Finally, the Player-submitted poll week is your opportunity to ask the entire RuneScape community a question that has been niggling you. So, we would like you to send any poll ideas you have to [email protected] and we will handpick the most interesting of them. These will then be published, once a month, in Player-submitted poll week!

Please take the time to vote in the polls. As they always have been, they are an essential means of finding out what you want from us!

I went to vote and they have a new voting system. When I finished they gave me a Thank You screen with the following text.
Thank you for taking the time to vote! Your votes will be hugely useful in determining which skill you really like.

We have at least one skill currently in development, so to find out which type of skill you appreciate will help us perfect it.

We are also aware that some skills are not as widely appreciated as the others. We can look at your votes and identify, perhaps, which of them needs our attention more urgently.

Don't forget - if you have any poll questions you would like to submit for Player Poll week, then send them to [email protected] Hopefully you will see them published in an upcoming week!

Click here to view results

Note the text in bold. What do you think it could be? Upgrading a current skill or a complete whole new skill? Either way we'll have to wait and see.

Any other thoughts?

Edited by Stupidnoob92

We have at least one skill currently in development, so to find out which type of skill you appreciate will help us perfect it.

It is about wich kind of skill, that are probably the 1s that are already out, also they state that they would like to perfect it <_<

(Is it just me,or did Stupidnoob just get forum staff powers? <_<)

Hmm..I'll go see the new poll system.

Where will they fit the Total Level :) , I dont want a scroll bar for the stats, nor do I want them smaller :P

Nice to see they are actually making updates.

P.S: How did you post the topic h4x0r <_<

How did you post this topic? <_<

polls look better :P

but when did stupid hav the powers off stafff?

if he can i want them powers <_<

Ahh.

Lazy Dani *Expects to be eaten again*

Well, I'd still have thought they might just have given f2p the chance to vote.

Ah well, Thanks JaGex for the update, at least you're doing something with that bunch of pixels...

Best guess for the new skill- Necromancy or summoning.

I couldn't care less about the polls- members only.

I think it's going to be something related to crafting. But that's just me :P Anyways, still confused how they're going to fix it in the stats bar :P

-Drop

I think it's going to be something related to crafting. But that's just me :greenhat: Anyways, still confused how they're going to fix it in the stats bar :mellow:

-Drop

if you read the behind the scenes you would know that crafting is getting re-wamped

i hope its an easy skill to train and is a money maker...

^^ It probably will be easy. Everything is nowadays.

Anyways, new poll area looks better. It doesn't look squished up anymore :greenhat:

Edited by Wazir563

What's with the "you need to have played for 12 hours to vote" message? I'm level 86 combat and have a total level of 1100+. I think I've played more than 12 hours...

It's great! I love the new voting system.

And a new skill, I wonder what it is! :impatient:

I hope they don't introduce another skill. IMO, hunter and construction were useless.

:glasses:

Just before you rant:

We have the ability to split and analyse F2P results away from the members' results. This will give us two very separate answers.

more crap for members hooray -_- <--notice the face hes not happy but, he is ---->(^*^) (its a piggy)

Edit: made space in between crap and "for"

Edited by link-in-sg

more crap for members hooray -_- <--notice the face hes not happy but, he is ---->(^*^) (its a piggy)

Edit: made space in between crap and "for"

It's for free players too,if you hadn't noticed.

I hope they don't introduce another skill. IMO, hunter and construction were useless.

Uh,you're a freeplayer.How do you know they are useless? :blink:

Edited by luckyx777

Guest Hyperterran

i hope firemaking get some updates...

i'm training it (2 more lvls till 99!)

and i find it rather useless... (f2p and members)

btw, anyone know what this 12 hrs before voting thing is all about?

I think it means you have to play RuneScape until you reach 12 hours total so you'll be able to vote. :blink:

Guest Time_Warp25

I really like this update. i think it will help Jagex a lot more in their development or Runescape.

Does anyone kow whats with the 12 hour message. I sm level 71 so I know i have played more than 12 hours

Does anyone kow whats with the 12 hour message. I sm level 71 so I know i have played more than 12 hours

o jeez.... just play for like idk a few hrs log off then try to vote.... it worked fer me

I like this, at least now there is a bit of varyation in the polls. :P