Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cxkslei

Backup World?

World 42 was chosen as Sal's new official world, Sal's 1st official world was 41, we then rapidly changed to 123, however in my view it took far too long then it should have to obtain a new official world, I see no downsides to what I am suggesting.

+ 1: When or if world 42 ever becomes full, this is alternative world for the rest of Sal's members.

+ 1: This prevents chaotic craze, and spread over the missing world if 42 ever "vanishes".

Simply, suggesting that we vote on a backup world or choose 124 as backup, being it came in second, my reasons are above, anyone else agree?

Guest jlowe110

Wow awesome idea! I'm with it.

definateley needed cos what if jagex thinks oh likes delete world 42 and then we have to wait like a few months for a new one!

I agree fully. Good idea :)

I say, where's the harm in having it even if it is unlikely we will ever need it? Better be prepared for the unlikely than regret it when the unlikely happens. So, I support.

Why not? It's always good to have a back up in the rare case that it will be utilised. ^_^

Why not? It's always good to have a back up in the rare case that it will be utilised. ^_^

It's only happened twice [/sarcasm] ^_^

Its worth it considering the rate of which JaGeX decides to prune worlds

Why do you have to make this so complicated? I'm sure there's not going to be a mass craze because 42 just might go down. It's a world for a forum, not a terrorist attack. If it does go down, just vote for another instead of "planning" ahead to stop a mob that's never going to happen ( Unless members really do care that much if 42 went down :P ).

Why do you have to make this so complicated? I'm sure there's not going to be a mass craze because 42 just might go down. It's a world for a forum, not a terrorist attack. If it does go down, just vote for another instead of "planning" ahead to stop a mob that's never going to happen ( Unless members really do care that much if 42 went down :P ).

Right and wait another month to choose another world why people spread? I shall say not. By planning you can manipulate the future.

Right and wait another month to choose another world why people spread? I shall say not. By planning you can manipulate the future.

It's not like the worlds are their babies. It won't be hard to just switch to another world if something does happen to world 42. Most people probably will migrate to 124 anyways and if they don't, you can always talk to them in pm or switch worlds and if they aren't on your friends list why do you care?

I don't care honestly.

Yes, I support this idea. Even if it is not likely that 42 will go down (ya never know), it would be good to have a backup.

Pretty good idea (but I can't imagine world 42 being full)

I could imagine 42 full. I have seen it have 1900 some people several times.

Pretty good idea but you never know what world will be a members world and what world will be a f2p world if they ever switch up the worlds again. Because then we might have to re-vote our back-up world or something.

Unless the back-up world maybe could be automatically chosen by a staff member.

Edited by Nick

Pretty good idea but you never know what world will be a members world and what world will be a f2p world if they ever switch up the worlds again. Because then we might have to re-vote our back-up world or something.

Unless the back-up world maybe could be automatically chosen by a staff member.

So what, do you want to add in a sub-backup and a subsub-backup as well? :huh: I think one world and a backup would survive for quite sometime, when one goes down, we work on the other, the backup would become the new world and we vote on a newbackup and the chances of using both the world and the backup world is less then 5% which means the chances of that are highly unlikely.