Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heb0

Horses In Runescape

Again, Very impressive and original idea Heb0, We all have had dreams about horses in runescape but have never made a layout as clear as this EVER. I hope you send this to Jagex sometime and see what they say :)

Just don't give em' your username because, knowing Jagex they might ban you for independent thinking :aware:

100% support

Green~

Edited by Green eggs and ham

o wow horses. like no ones thought of that. geez another horse freak on here. yippy.

EDIT:but its still a good idea. :aware:

Edited by hanhan jr

Great idea, but allow me to say that this idea probably isn't new, I'm sure it's been suggested to Jagex many times.

I enjoyed reading your layout, you present great ideas and it is so crisp and clear, and doesn't seem so overpowering for the player (like if you got an ethereal horse that could fly). The only problems are what Jagex thinks of it and how much lag it will cause (with so many horses moving around; horses are big objects, remember that... :)).

I like the idea, let's just see if it can get in the game. That will be a true test, if you know what I mean. :aware:

I support this idea :aware:

Edited by Toungy
And why.. exactly? Please elaborate. ~Toungy

yo, i support this, and when capturing a horse, u could hang a number of sugar cubes from a tree, the number would depend on ur hunter lvl and would fall under the category of 'number of traps', then when it is eating you could lasso it, this isn't mandatory to do, but it helps when capturing a horse.

I dont agree. Having horses in Runescape would only be yet another World of Warcraft copy. Besides, who the hell would want to ride a freaking pony? Ooh fear me im riding a beautiful white pony!! Rawr!!

well being able to ride them and appear instantly where u want to be defeats the purpose of teleporting, will make everything too easy. for example: in the new pk worlds, u want to get to varrock to buy something from the sword shop, but u have one mage or not enough runes. simply get on your horse to dodge pkers see what i mean?

well being able to ride them and appear instantly where u want to be defeats the purpose of teleporting, will make everything too easy. for example: in the new pk worlds, u want to get to varrock to buy something from the sword shop, but u have one mage or not enough runes. simply get on your horse to dodge pkers see what i mean?

Varrock will be packed you would die because they could cast bind on you and stuff... and why would you need to go to the sword shop?

I created a support banner if your interested in using it. Here it is:

2h58k8o.gif

http://i38.tinypic.com/2h58k8o.gif

Hope you like it.

Obstacles:

Ladder.....................100% Success rate...............0 Agility Exp................Allows access to the next level

Rope.........................75% Success rate.................30 Agility Exp................Allows access to two levels below*

Rocky ledge.............40% Success rate.................50 Agility Exp................Allows access to three levels below*

Rope Swing..............25% Success rate................100 Agility Exp..............Allows access to four levels below (on opposite side)*

Slippery pole............5% Success rate................200 Agility Exp................Allows access to bottom level

* - If successful. If you fail the obstacle, you will receive no experience and end up on the next level (just as if you had taken the ladder), and take minimal to significant damage.

Damage/Level Decrease (If Failed):

Ladder.....................N/A...............N/A

Rope........................5hp................None

Rocky Ledge...........10hp..............-2 to Agility

Rope Swing.............10hp..............-2 to Agility; -4 to all combat skills (except prayer)

Slippery Pole...........25hp..............-10 to Agility; -20 to Defense

100% support, but i dotn understand this part...

Do you need a high level agility to go down these poles? because if you dont, people would only go down the slippery pole. If the chance is 5%, then in 20 tries they would make it. Also, they could just bring food to heal themselves if they fall.

I think its ok if when they fall, they go the floor they were on, but if they fell to the bottom then its like a free ride down that only costs 2 lobbies

thats my thought:P

~Chaoss~

That's a very good point. I'll try to rework it so it doesn't allow players to cheat their way to the bottom. I'll also make the agility level required clearer. :P

Again, Very impressive and original idea Heb0, We all have had dreams about horses in runescape but have never made a layout as clear as this EVER. I hope you send this to Jagex sometime and see what they say :)

Just don't give em' your username because, knowing Jagex they might ban you for independent thinking :)

100% support

Green~

:P But of course they support independent thinking! They have a nice trash can stickied topic for frequently suggested ideas like these! :)

o wow horses. like no ones thought of that. geez another horse freak on here. yippy.

EDIT:but its still a good idea. :P

:/

Great idea, but allow me to say that this idea probably isn't new, I'm sure it's been suggested to Jagex many times.

I enjoyed reading your layout, you present great ideas and it is so crisp and clear, and doesn't seem so overpowering for the player (like if you got an ethereal horse that could fly). The only problems are what Jagex thinks of it and how much lag it will cause (with so many horses moving around; horses are big objects, remember that... :P).

I like the idea, let's just see if it can get in the game. That will be a true test, if you know what I mean. :aware:

I agree that it's a longshot (actually, calling it a longshot is an understatement), but I'm almost 100% sure than there would be no lag created by horses or the summoning familiar. Seeing as the minigame would be based in a separate server, it wouldn't be a problem either.

Can u ride the horse?

:)

yo, i support this, and when capturing a horse, u could hang a number of sugar cubes from a tree, the number would depend on ur hunter lvl and would fall under the category of 'number of traps', then when it is eating you could lasso it, this isn't mandatory to do, but it helps when capturing a horse.

That's a good idea. I never though of any hunting aiding additions (a bit like smoking your traps, eh?), but they would make a nice addition. Look for something similar to this in the future!

I dont agree. Having horses in Runescape would only be yet another World of Warcraft copy. Besides, who the hell would want to ride a freaking pony? Ooh fear me im riding a beautiful white pony!! Rawr!!

Once you quit riding your beautiful white pony, try reading my topic. :o

Please read the topic more closely, horses wouldn't be able to travel anywhere.

I created a support banner if your interested in using it. Here it is:

2h58k8o.gif

http://i38.tinypic.com/2h58k8o.gif

Hope you like it.

It looks great (I could never figure out how to create sigs like that :)), I'll add it to the topic immediately! :P

Edited by heb0

Cool fakes, nice creative suggestion.

Although I don't like horses, but I find your quests and even the island great. 9/10

Jagex will have a hard time ignoring this if we send it directly to them. I mean, it's not like they're going to say, "Pah! 500+ supporters? That's pathetic. This is going straight to the recycle bin!"

0.07% chance of them saying that. :huh:

I mean, they will have to at least consider it!! I mean, with all of the extra stuff put into this, it can't be considered "commonly suggested" as it has great new suggestions.

GIGA SUPPORTED.

Sorry about not updating this topic for a while. Real life has me in a chokehold, and I'm finding that I have less and less time to visit Sal's. I'll get around to updating the supporters list shortly.

Cool fakes, nice creative suggestion.

Although I don't like horses, but I find your quests and even the island great. 9/10

Thanks a lot. :huh: Although this topic started out focusing simply on a method of getting horses into the game, as I develop the quests and minigames I found I like them better as well.

Edited by heb0

I'm just getting around to updating the supporters list (I sort of forgot to the last time I posted :huh:), so sorry about the delay. I'm planning to do a run-through and clean up unclear points and help the idea be a bit more clear (and maybe less wordy) sometime next weekend, so hopefully that will make it a bit easier to understand. :huh:

Nice, really. While I was reading I almost forgot it wasent real material. Although im not sure if I missed something or not but was there a bank or something of that sort on your island? I do support though. Very well written! 9/10

I don't think Jagex wants horses no matter how good the suggestion is but keep trying, I hope they accept this great idea.