Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Simple013

Another Slice Of H.a.m.

Another Slice of H.A.M.

Special Thanks to: Egghebreght, Evolution, Hawk, Morty, Mrcsupertrain, OnYx, PoBear, teacuptime, Thomas154321, Whiskas88

Start: Speak with Ur-tag or the Ambassador Alvijar.

Skills: Level 15 Attack, level 25 Prayer

Quests: Death to the Dorgeshuun, The Dig Site, The Giant Dwarf

Skills advised: The ability to kill two level 30 opponents with range or mage, the ability to defeat a level 60 'boss'

Items Needed: Light Source with Tinderbox, All other items are quest obtained!

Items Advised: Bulls-eye Lantern is the light source of choice. If not be sure to bring a tinderbox. Furthermore have this in your inventory all the time.

Starting on an epic journey

To start this quest make your way to Dorgesh-Kaan any way you see fit. Three fast possibilities are at your disposal:

• Travel to the south end of the City using the Fairy Rings, code AJQ.
  • By way of Teleport Sphere.
  • By way of Home Teleport/Lumbridge Teleport and through the basement of the Castle.

Upon arriving, make your way to the northern end of the marketplace and climb the ladder. On the second floor walk to the second house east and speak with either Ur-tag or Ambassador Alvijar.

1a.png

You will be told about the construction of a railway between Keldagrim and Dorgesh-Kaan, but there are some concerns about it. Some artefacts have been found and, rather than destroying them, the Cave Goblins want to learn about their history.

2.png

Luckily you are one of those rare, educated, adventurers and thus be asked to assist in the excavations. You are told the 'patch' is in the south-west corner of the city. Head out the door, and walk south-west, you need to stay on the same floor.

10adoorway.png

On your Mini Map a transport symbol will appear. Enter the doorway and you will have arrived at the subway station, ready to commence operation, if it wasn't for those excavations.

A new vocation

4ifh9h0.gif Walk south and at the sloping part start following the tracks, until you reach three tables. Both Zanik and Tegdak are there and you will need to speak to the latter one. He will ask you to find certain artefacts. You will need to find a total of six. 4bnudg6.gif2eoaz3k.gif3yzgvx4.gif3zq5wdl.gif2mwc9xf.gif

14.png

4gi7b43.gif43dedtf.gif He will hand you a specimen brush and a trowel that you will need. The trowel is 'used' on the artifact buried and the brush a bit later at the specimen table. Now you, adventurer cum archeologist, need to find six artefacts hidden in the tunnel south. They are a bit tricky to find: Nothing more than a big blob in between smaller blobs. Playing this part in low detail could help you, as they appear more pronounced that way.

16artefact.png

Once you find them use your trusty trowel on it and it will end up in your inventory. Two of the artefacts are between the tables, four are further down the tunnel.

16artefacttable.png

Once you have gathered all six use the brush you have on them while standing at the northern end of the middle (empty) specimen table, or use the artefacts with the table. Once you have done that with all six objects, speak with Tegdak again.

When given to them, the artifacts: 4hrp5k4.gif331dtzp.gif2q9httv.gif2rfq3ro.gif2j0m8e8.gif2q83d07.gif will spawn a conversation between Zanik and Tegdak, with you injecting the missing information. Just one thing has them stumped, the odd markings on, what you correctly identified as a mace. However, not all is lost and you are sent to the Scribe. Zanik accompanies you to the house next to where you started the quest, the residential scribe’s residence.

27scribe.png

Alas, the scribe is no help either but he has a solution: Visit the surface dwelling Goblins, or more correctly, the ones you had some dealings with before, Wartface and Bentnoze. Zanik, with her reluctance to travel over land suggests a Moving-Over-Distance Sphere.

31oldak.png

On your way to Oldak. Exit the room, down the stairs and head for the room in the northwestern corner of the market place.

35tele.png

Oldak obliges and produces a sphere that will teleport the both of you to the Goblin Village.

Goblin Diplomacy Revisited

After just one small mishap during your teleport, you end up in the Goblin Village where both Bentnoze and Wartface have some trouble accepting Zanik as a true Goblin. But they do confirm the ancient origin of the Mace.

38.png

Enter stage left our intrepid model of Goblin Diplomacy: Grubfoot. He relays to both Generals the dream he had last night. He saw Zanik surrounded by a large number of Goblins from all over the world where Zanik was proclaimed as the Chosen Commander. True to their form, the Generals have all Goblins gather and ask Zanik to speak to them. Completely at a loss, Zanik is interrupted by H.A.M. assassins.

50hamsniper.png

Time to take on another job, this time as Zanik's bodyguard. Run/walk northward around the building, then back south again to reach a safe spot. From that point either range or mage the assassins. One other possibility is to climb the tower and stand behind the crates to mage/range them. Melee won't work on them; they are securely hidden behind a number of crates with not a way around them.

safespot.png

Sadly your efforts of killing both assassins is in vain, Sigmund, H.A.M. leader has taken Zanik hostage and leaves you, but not before telling you exactly where to find him: Why is it crooks are always the stupid ones?

sigmund2.png

Goblin/Human Coalition Saves The Day

The Goblin Generals, afraid of their future, maybe, offer their help in the form of two Sergeants who will wait for you at the Lumbridge Swamp Dungeon entrance. When talking to the Generals make sure you have one inventory spot free: You will be handed the Ancient Mace, 2q83d07.gif and you are going to need it. Should you not have a spot free you can get it but will have to pay 1000 gp. Head over to Lumbridge Swamps and strike up a conversation with either of the Sergeants.

lumbyswamp.png

They will tell you one important factor: They will attack the guards to give you an opportunity to slip past. This part of your plight will probably the hardest, or rather annoying, don't despair, you will get past it.

Climb down into the dungeon and down the ladder. Follow the corridor and enter the room. Both Sergeants will follow. Wait until the first two H.A.M. guards have passed and open the door. Tell one of the Sergeants to stay and he will attack the two guards when they return. Follow the corridor and have the second Sergeant attack the next two guards. Follow the corridor and once again down a ladder.

And, oh horror, you will be confronted with a not so pretty picture. Stolen from ancient westerns, the damsel in distress, tied up on the tracks with a train approaching.

train.png

Wield your newly acquired mace and attack Sigmund. Thinking he is invincible with his recent level 43 prayer he will scold you. Use the special attack version of the Ancient Mace and this will drain his prayer: Exit Protect from Melee. Finish him off at your leisure.

Zanik will desperately call out to you to free her, oblige her and both of you will stand with your backs to the wall, watching the train thundering by. The same train used in the grand opening of the rail connection with Keldagrim.

grandopening.png

A short speech from Ur-tag, explaining what rewards you will receive and it is: Quest finished!

4hx3czo.gif

Rewards

• 1 Quest Point
  • 3000 Mining xp
  • 3000 Prayer xp
  • Ancient Goblin Mace
  • Access to Dorgesh-Kaan -- Keldagrim train route (free passage)
  • Ability to buy Goblin Village Teleport Spheres (cost: 2 Law runes, 1 Molten Glass)

Fast Quest Section

1. Speak with Ur-tag or Ambassador Alvijar in Dorgesh-Kaan
  2. South-west of startpoint enter doorway, follow tracks south
  3. Speak with Tegdak, receive brush and trowel
  4. Dig up 6 artefacts
  5. Clean at table
  6. Go to Scribe next to quest startpoint
  7. Go to Oldak, receive teleport sphere
  8. Talk to Bentoze and Wartface
  9. Walk round hut and kill assassins
  10. Talk to Bentoze and Wartface
  11. Go to Lumbridge Swamps, enter then down the ladder
  12. Make way past four guards
  13. Down the ladder, Kill Sigmund with Ancient Mace
  14. Quest complete

Statistics of Ancient Mace

ancientmace.png

The mace special attack drains the same amount of prayer as damage dealt to your opponent. You gain the same amount of prayer as your target loses. When used on an NPC it is the same: Your hit decides the number of points gained (though one wonders why they don't use prayer when they have it).

Edited by Simple013

Another Slice of H.A.M.

Special Thanks to: Egghebreght

Start: Speak with Ur-Tag or the Dwarven Ambassador.

Quests: Death to the Dorgeshuun, The Digsite, The Giant Dwarf

Skills advised:(There should be space behind that colon)The ability to kill two level 30 opponents with range or mage, the ability to defeat a level 60 'boss' (Isn't that required)

Items Needed: All items are quest obtained!

Starting on an epic journey

To start this quest make your way to Dorgesh-Kaan any way you see fit. Three fast possibilities are at your disposal: 1 Travel to the south end of the City using the Fairy Rings. (You should point out that the coordinate is AJQ. Fairy rings should also be linked to the fairy ring guide.) 2 By way of Teleport Sphere. 3 By way of Home Teleport/Lumbridge Teleport (Perhaps Lumbrigde should be linked...?) and through the basement of the Castle.

Upon arriving make your way to the northern end of the market place and climb the ladder. On the second floor walk to the second house east and speak with either Ur-Tag or the Dwarven Ambassador.

You will be told about the construction of a railway between Keldagrim and Dorgesh-Kaan, but there are some concerns about it. Some artefacts (It's spelled artifacts, isn't it?) have been found and, rather than destroying them, the Cave Goblins want to learn about their history.

Luckily you are one of those rare, educated, adventurers and thus be asked to assist in the excavations. You are told the 'patch' is in the south-west corner of the city. Head out the door, and walk south-west, you need to stay on the same floor.

In your radar picture will a teleport symbol appear. Enter doorway and you will have arrived at the subway station, ready to commence operation, if it wasn't for those excavations.

A new vocation

Walk south and at the camfered part start following the tracks, until you reach three tables. Both Zanik and Tegdak are there and you will need to speak to the latter one. He will ask you to find certain artefacts. You will need to find a total of six.

He will hand you a specimen brush (Should have capital letter i think) and a trowel which you will need. The trowel is 'used' on the artifact burried and the brush a bit later at the specimen table. Now you, adventurer cum archeologist, need to find six artefacts hidden in the tunnel south. They are a bit tricky to find: Nothing more than a big blob in between smaller blobs.

Once you find them use your trusty trowel on it and it will end up in your inventory. Two of the artefacts are between the tables, four more further inside the tunnel.

Once you have gathered all six use the brush you have on them while standing at the northern end of the middle (empty) specimen table. Once you have done that with all six objects speak with Tegdak again.

Statistics of Ancient Mace

I'll proofread as you write. :yay: And just so you know i haven't done the quest, so i can just comment on grammar and those things.

A transparent picture of the reward scroll:

4hx3czo.gif

[IMG=http://i18.tinypic.com/4hx3czo.gif]

Edited by Morty

Another Slice of H.A.M.

Special Thanks to: Egghebreght

Start: Speak with Ur-Tag or the Dwarven Ambassador.

Quests: Death to the Dorgeshuun, The Digsite, The Giant Dwarf

Skills advised:The ability to kill two level 30 opponents with range or mage, the ability to defeat a level 60 'boss'

Items Needed: All items are quest obtained!

Perfect start Simple. Grats :yay:

Here are some pics.

hamsnipersex1.png

Z0mG H.A.M Sniper haxorz

hamsafespotly3.png

Run to the cirle from around the back on the houses then to the ladder. If you do something else, a bolt hits the floor and you get knocked back

OnYx :yay:

I'm currently half way i have added you on runescape incase you want info I may get pictures for you

ancientmace.png

sliceofhamscroll.png

the mace special drains the same amount of prayer as damage dealt to your opponent

you gain the same amount of prayer as your target looses

(thanks to patou for being a willing test subject)

Edited by Egghebrecht

Seems a bit of a small quest, I will look over your guide when it is all complete for proofing, not much else I can do here :yay:

Make sure you have enough inventory space for the mace, if you don't then you have to go get 1k to pay the generals for it.

great guide.

lots of detail and so quick, sals should find this pretty good.

Edited by Jg9345

In your radar picture will a teleport symbol appear. Enter doorway and you will have arrived at the subway station, ready to commence operation, if it wasn't for those excavations.
In your minimap a transport symbol will be visible. Enter the doorway and you will have arrived at the subway station, ready to commence operation, if it wasn't for those excavations.

Once you have gathered all six use the brush you have on them while standing at the northern end of the middle (empty) specimen table. Once you have done that with all six objects speak with Tegdak again.

you can use the artifacts with the table itself too

Oldak obliges and produces a spere that will teleport the both of you to the Goblin Village.

Goblin Diplomacy Revisited

sphere

Time to take on another job, this time as Zanic's body-guard. Run/walk northward around the building, then back south again to reach a safe spot. From that point either range or mage the assasins. Melee won't work on them, they are securely hidden behind a number of crates with not a way around them.

you can also go behind both houses and just go up the tower and range or mage them from there at the other side of the crates

Edited by Egghebrecht

train.png

:yay: I had to laugh at that

The guide is coming on fast and well, keep it coming :yay:

Also... Could you consider making one of those 'fast guides' like the one in 'Fremnik Isles?' I find them easy to understand and very helpful.

If you're going through the basment of the castle, you probably need a tinderbox as well as a light source.

About the new staff, does it work on NPC's? So could you go up to a guard with 0 prayer. hit a 10 then get 10 prayer points restored?

About the new staff, does it work on NPC's? So could you go up to a guard with 0 prayer. hit a 10 then get 10 prayer points restored?
Ever seen a guard pray against your attack? My guess the answer would be: No as NPCs don't use prayer. :yay:

Oh and do me a favour: Next time put a question in questions, not in submissions.

@Morty: artefact (är'tə-fākt') Pronunciation Key

An object produced or shaped by human craft, especially a tool, weapon, or ornament of archaeological or historical interest.

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

What about the KQ? i doubt it would drain her prayer though... i didnt spot any mistks so nice guide! Hardly took any time at all...

Could do with a few item pics, you may want to use them.

4ifh9h0.gif - Artefact 1

[IMG=http://i18.tinypic.com/4ifh9h0.gif]

4bnudg6.gif - Artefact 2

[IMG=http://i18.tinypic.com/4bnudg6.gif]

4hrp5k4.gif - Shield Fragment

[IMG=http://i16.tinypic.com/4hrp5k4.gif]

331dtzp.gif - Armour Shard

[IMG=http://i18.tinypic.com/331dtzp.gif]

Bleh, i'll probably get some more :yay: transparencies

hm then could you do me a favour? make these transparent:

brushtrowel.png (seperately if possible)

3artefactscleaned.png

mace.png

3artefacts.png

--Simple--

PS, the brush, trowel and mace are top of the list

I'll get on it

2eoaz3k.gif - Atrefact 3

[IMG=http://i17.tinypic.com/2eoaz3k.gif]

3yzgvx4.gif - Artefact 4

[IMG=http://i13.tinypic.com/3yzgvx4.gif]

3zq5wdl.gif - Artefact 5

[IMG=http://i15.tinypic.com/3zq5wdl.gif]

2mwc9xf.gif - Atrefact 6

[IMG=http://i16.tinypic.com/2mwc9xf.gif]

2j0m8e8.gif - Helmet Fargment

[IMG=http://i11.tinypic.com/2j0m8e8.gif]

2q9httv.gif - Sword Fragment

[IMG=http://i19.tinypic.com/2q9httv.gif]

2rfq3ro.gif - Axe Head

[IMG=http://i10.tinypic.com/2rfq3ro.gif]

2q83d07.gif - Mace

[IMG=http://i17.tinypic.com/2q83d07.gif]

4gi7b43.gif - Specimin Brush

[IMG=http://i14.tinypic.com/4gi7b43.gif]

43dedtf.gif - Trowel

[IMG=http://i17.tinypic.com/43dedtf.gif]

Edited by Evolution

Actually, you don't need the quest to buy Sphectres, so take it off rewards list.

Actually, you don't need the quest to buy Sphectres, so take it off rewards list.
Well no, you are right, you can have the Dorgesh-Kaan sphere made. But after the quest you can have the Goblin Village Sphere made, so I am not going to take it off.

--Simple--

well here some picks of the gathering if you want them =)

goblinkg9.png

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9997/goblinkg9.png

goblin2wf7.png

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2897/goblin2wf7.png

Upon arriving make your way to the northern end of the market place and climb the ladder. On the second floor walk to the second house east and speak with either Ur-tag or the Dwarven Ambassador.
The quest start isn't at the north of the marketplace, it's at the north of the city. The marketplace ends when the fountains begin.

Oh and you can run to the scribe.

Edited by Thomas154321

Marketplace: the most northern end of a big square in the middle of the city. Sounds like a fair description. As for the running: You can run but Zanik will lag behind and you won't be able to start the conversation with the Scribe without her.

--Simple--

Items needed should include either runes or a bow and arrows.

-A

You can run but Zanik will lag behind and you won't be able to start the conversation with the Scribe without her.
No, Zanik teleported next to me when I spoke to the scribe.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.