Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Simple013

Another Slice Of H.a.m.

Looks great, just about to walk through with it now... I found 2 little spelling mistakes and I'd like to suggest a couple of tweaks...

Enter stage left our intrepid model of Goblin Diplomay: Grubfoot.

Diplomacy not Diplomay.

The "dwarven ambassador" is called "Ambassador Alvijar" by the game, I suggest calling him that in the guide might be less confusing.

The reference to the "second floor" of the house is also open to misinterpretation, in England that would mean 1 floor higher than in America - we number floors: Ground,1,2 not 1,2,3 - so it might be better to remove that part.

"camfered" should be "chamfered"... but perhaps "sloping" would save some people looking for a dictionary :-)

Add "they are very easy to see if you are playing in 'low detail'" to the part about the artifacts being hard to see.

Edited by teacuptime

Nice guide, just did the quest with it. Had trouble with the Sergeants though. O_o

You put Sergents, should be Sergeants.

The reference to the "second floor" of the house is also open to misinterpretation, in England that would mean 1 floor higher than in America - we number floors: Ground,1,2 not 1,2,3 - so it might be better to remove that part.
No not going to change that. All quest guides I wrote have the American way of numbering floors, this is after all, an American based site even if the game it British in origine :tongue:

--Simple--

I attacked Sigmund and I got 14 prayer points off him - I hit a 14 on him too.

Let me do the easy thing and quote from the guide:

The mace special attack drains the same amount of prayer as damage dealt to your opponent. You gain the same amount of prayer as your target loses.

Seems to me you forgot to read it all.

Seen it is 03:08 here now and I will not be able to update the guide, my guess is corrections should be put in the corrections section. That is, if this guide is to be accepted :tongue: though seen the competition this seems to be the better one of the two.

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

This isn't a correction, as much as an observation. Apparently, you get hit hard (I got hit 10) when you try to untie zanik while fighting sigmund.

Edited by Hachi

You will be told about the construction of a railway between Keldagrim and Dorgesh-Kaan, but there are some concerns about it. Some artefacts have been found and, rather than destroying them, the Cave Goblins want to learn about their history.

Artefacts should be spelled artifacts.

He will hand you a specimen brush and a trowel which you will need. The trowel is 'used' on the artifact burried and the brush a bit later at the specimen table.

Burried should be buried.

. Zanik accompanies you to the house next to where you started the quest, the residetial scribes residence

Residetial should be spelled residential.

True to their form the Generals have all Goblins gather and ask Zanik to speak to them. Completely at a loss, Zanik is interrupted by H.A.M. assasins.

Assasins should be assassins.

When talking to the Generals make sure you have one inventory spot free:

There should be a comma after Generals.

Tell one of the Sergants to stay and he will attack the two guards when they return

Sergants should be spelled sergeants.

A short speach from Ur-tag, explaining what rewards you will receive and it is: Quest finished!

Speach should be spelled speech.

Since this has not been uploaded to the site yet, I am posting these here.

You will be told about the construction of a railway between Keldagrim and Dorgesh-Kaan, but there are some concerns about it. Some artefacts have been found and, rather than destroying them, the Cave Goblins want to learn about their history.

Artefacts should be spelled artifacts.

In RuneScape, it is spelt Artefacts.

I haven't been able to log onto the site for some reason throughout today however i did get some Pics of the train ride between the cities and a few others i didn't see in the guide.

hostagebq5.png

[IMG=http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7218/hostagebq5.png]

goblinstonejk6.png

[IMG=http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8487/goblinstonejk6.png]

ladderra0.png

[IMG=http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2374/ladderra0.png]

sigmundvszanickly7.png

[IMG=http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8905/sigmundvszanickly7.png]

dwarftrainxa7.png

[IMG=http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1290/dwarftrainxa7.png]

Getting a decent pic of the train where you could see a full cart was next to impossible i rode the train for 5 minutes before setteling for the one above

dwarftrain2dg2.png

[IMG=http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8785/dwarftrain2dg2.png]

Other notes: train leaves about every 20 seconds after you get on. In keldagrim you end up near the mine carts and blast furnace on the east side of the city.

Hopefully one or two of these will be put in the guide.

Edited by Elias Erebus

Here is a picture of the spec in action.

wootly2.png

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8724/wootly2.png

EDIT: I'm getting a better picture than this. Wait a few minutes.

Also note down that the special is a 100% drain on your bar.

wootvn0.png

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3019/wootvn0.png

Still not good enough, getting another. :tongue:

Edited by PoBear

Let me do the easy thing and quote from the guide:

The mace special attack drains the same amount of prayer as damage dealt to your opponent. You gain the same amount of prayer as your target loses.

Seems to me you forgot to read it all.

--Simple--

But this proably means it will drain prayer from npc's too, which should be put in the guide. Or maybe Jagex let Sigmund have prayer points just for the special to work. :tongue:

Time to take on another job, this time as Zanic's bodyguard.

Just a spelling error, shouldn't it be Zanik? :tongue:

Items needed should include either runes or a bow and arrows.

-A

Like I said before but everyone seems to have ignored. ^^

-A

Skills advised: The ability to kill two level 30 opponents with range or mage, the ability to defeat a level 60 'boss'
Seems to me that covers the subject nicely. Who am I to tell people range needs arrows and a bow, and mage needs runes? If that is too hard to understand, my guess is the requirements for this quest are too high as it is.

--Simple--

The range is supplied but its bronze so you might want to add that.

Another great guide by the Godess.

OnYx :tongue:

Excellent guide Simple! Detailed descriptions, good pictures and very easy to follow (plus I love that "Fast Quest Section" :glasses: ). This will definitely be a great help to people working on this quest! ;)

-Accepted- :pirate2:

Excellent guide Simple! Detailed descriptions, good pictures and very easy to follow (plus I love that "Fast Quest Section" :glasses: ). This will definitely be a great help to people working on this quest! ;)

-Accepted- :pirate2:

That's what you have to expect with Simple's guides. I personally rate him on top of my list for guide writers (no offense to anyone else who writes guides).

None the less, excellent guide. I'm going to get back into the quest shortly. I was sort of sidetracked as I had to get off the computer.

I did find two minor things.

Once you find them use your trusty trowel on it and it will end up in your inventory. Two of the artefacts are between the tables, four more further inside the tunnel.

The “more” isn’t necessary in the sentence, and can be taken out.

Enter stage left our intrepid model of Goblin Diplomacy: Grubfoot. He relays to both Generals the dream he had last night. He saw Zanik surrounded by a large number of Goblins from all over the world. Zanik being proclaimed as the Chosen Commander. True to their form, the Generals have all Goblins gather and ask Zanik to speak to them. Completely at a loss, Zanik is interrupted by H.A.M. assassins.

The bolded text is a fragment. Try and remove it. I suggest you add a “was”, making the beginning “Zanik was being…”

And, oh horror, you will be confronted with a not so pretty picture. Stolen from ancient westerns, the damsel in distress, tied up on the tracks with a train approaching.

Oh, nothing wrong here. :pirate2: I just felt like quoting this part of text because I felt it was written creatively. I didn’t think about that relationship when I came across that part.

Why have you said 10 prayer as the max you can gain? :lol: it's whatever you hit, you gain, I only used 10 as a example.

The mace special attack drains the same amount of prayer as damage dealt to your opponent. You gain the same amount of prayer as your target loses. When used on an NPC it is the same: Your hit decides the number of points gainded (though one wonders why they don't use prayer when they have it).

gained?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.