Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Golden arm42

The Kharidian Desert

Good guide, Golden. But, be sure to include the Agility Pyramid. Here, I'll even write you a little paragraph.

This interesting little place contains the Agility Pyramid. You need 30 Agility to play, but that work pays off! You get a good Agility Experience boost when you finish it! Be sure to bring food, some Agility Potions and the rest Waterskins if you want to stay camped there. There are many obstacles to dodge, and some of them get frustrating. Be sure to be wearing Desert Robes when you do this!

This interesting little place contains the [url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/agility_pyramid.html]Agility Pyramid[/url]. You need 30 Agility to play, but that work pays off! You get a good Agility Experience boost when you finish it! Be sure to bring food, some Agility Potions and the rest Waterskins if you want to stay camped there. There are many obstacles to dodge, and some of them get frustrating. Be sure to be wearing Desert Robes when you do this!

~z0mg :/

Edited by z0mg h4xz0rz him pl0x

Ever wondered what lay in the vast wasteland south of Al-Kharid?

It's not a big thing, but "lay" should be "lies" because the desert is still there. "Lay" implies that whatever was there is now gone.

Good guide, Golden. But, be sure to include the Agility Pyramid. Here, I'll even write you a little paragraph.

This interesting little place contains the Agility Pyramid. You need 30 Agility to play, but that work pays off! You get a good Agility Experience boost when you finish it! Be sure to bring food, some Agility Potions and the rest Waterskins if you want to stay camped there. There are many obstacles to dodge, and some of them get frustrating. Be sure to be wearing Desert Robes when you do this!

~z0mg :)

Z0mg, thanks for the paragraph. I edited it a little bit, but retained most of your ideas. Thanks!

It's not a big thing, but "lay" should be "lies" because the desert is still there. "Lay" implies that whatever was there is now gone.

Damaged, thanks for the proofreading. It's fixed now.

I added both of you as contributors. :o Does anyone else have any comments?

Edited by Golden arm42

These robes will help slow the rate of dehydration and will let you go longer without water.
Those are the same thing. Dehydration is the loss of water and you said the robes let you go longer without water, meaning they slow down dehydration. Either one or the other of those needs to go.

Magic Carpet rides are a little expensive: 200 coins per trip. However, the price is reduced to 100 coins if you've completed the Rogue Trader minigame. The price of a ride is further reduced, to 75 gp, if you have a Ring of Charos (a).
The Ring of Charos (a) guide says the rides are 200 gp per trip reduced to 100 gp with the ring. They get reduced down from 100 gp to 75 gp upon completion of the Rogue Trader mini-game. You just need to switch "if you've completed the Rogue Trader minigame" with the "if you have a Ring of Charos (a)"

Discounted carpet ride fares. (200g is reduced to 100g, and if you've finished building Ali Morrisane's store the discount is further reduced to 75g) Great for quick trips around the desert!

Also, in the "V. Desert Quest-start NPCs" section, I suggest moving the NPC name next to their description and add a colon after it (EX. Archaeologist: Talk to him to begin the quest Desert Treasure). Also I suggest moving the picture under the description. I can also put transparencies on some of your pictures if you want, but probably not all as that will take a very long time. :aware:

Edited by Damaged500

Ok Damaged, I incorporated your ideas. I agree that putting the pictures of the quest-start NPCs under their names makes for a much nicer look. :)

Does anyone else have comments/suggestions?

--Golden

Your desert robe bottom picture isn't working so heres is a new one.

4vhzoll.png

[IMG=http://i16.tinypic.com/4vhzoll.png]

Thanks, Ryan. I used your pic and added you to special thanks. :wub:

--Golden

Very nice guide Golden Arm42! The text flows well and it's very detailed, and the images give a good idea of the entire desert. Nice work, this will be a great help to players who are venturing into the desert for the first time (As well as some more experienced players). :P

One comment - could you remove the bold formatting please? It looks like an unclosed [ b] tag but it makes it difficult to decide where one section stops and another begins. :ice: Other than that, great work!

-Accepted- :yay:

Very nice guide Golden Arm42! The text flows well and it's very detailed, and the images give a good idea of the entire desert. Nice work, this will be a great help to players who are venturing into the desert for the first time (As well as some more experienced players). :)

One comment - could you remove the bold formatting please? It looks like an unclosed [ b] tag but it makes it difficult to decide where one section stops and another begins. ;) Other than that, great work!

-Accepted- :rolleyes:

Ok, I think I've solved the bold formatting problem. The only things that are bolded now are the "categories", e.g., I. Forewarning, II. Desert Attractions, etc. :o If the problem is still there, just tell me and I'll try to fix it.

Your desert robe bottom picture isn't working so heres is a new one.

4vhzoll.png

[IMG=http://i16.tinypic.com/4vhzoll.png]

Thanks, Ryan. I used your pic and added you to special thanks. :rolleyes:

--Golden

Can you change the name in the special thanks to "-Ryan-" rather than "Ryan" as there is another member named that.

Can you change the name in the special thanks to "-Ryan-" rather than "Ryan" as there is another member named that.

Sorry about that. :rolleyes: I changed it so it should be good now.

--Golden

Im glad this guide got accepted as well :)

Sal, you will have a lot of work to do :o there are so many guides you needs to get on the site..;) good luck :rolleyes: (replace the beer by coffee)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.