Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Cooking Help Rewrite - 100% Complete

Right, the problems you will face when writing a help guide. The early levels are pretty easy as you found out. What is more, there is no difference between F2p and P2p cooking. So there is your first 'problem': Should you separate F2p and P2p or, when going on, make 2 sections in each of the level categories. My advise would be NOT to separate them. People aren't reading guides, they quickly glance through them, and if they can't find the answer fast enough they will skip the guide as a whole.

The next problem you face will be this: You can surmise some methodes are faster than others when looking at cooking. But what do you add? Which methode(s) are you going to suggest as an alternative. Listing all of them is rubbish, because it would be too many of them. But you have to try them, to see which ones bring the fastest xp.

Are you going to include a chapter on getting your own supplies? If so you would need to do the calculations on the speed leveling with trout and salmon only, because it is the fastest way to level fishing. I can close to guarantee the fastest way to level would be wine. The problem is getting the grapes. Yet if cooking is the only objective, the time spent buying up shop inventory of grapes (Culinaromancer chest), might well be worth it: It is easier to world hop and buy them than it is to fish.

For the rest I can only tell you that you will meet problems you haven't thought of. I did with the range guide and the thieving guide.

--Simple--

So you think I should make this a "database" on food, all in one, but simply listing which ones are members, putting the food in alphabetical order?

And I am testing all the methods now, seeing which ones are fastest. And for the obtaining items, I already have a F2P list on that. I think that is essential, and I will include the Culinaromancer's Chest on the members' part. :P Plus I have already tested the grapes make wine method, it's very good, faster than I thought.

I quickly read through the bottom part of your guide and found 2 mistakes: :P :P

The Lumbridge Cook's Range

This range requires the completion of the quest "Cook's Assistant".

lumbyrangere6.png

Pros:

• The special range helps you burn less food.

Cons:

• You need to climb lots of stairs to get to and from the bank
  • People that open doors could slow your cooking

It's much, much faster to use that bank chest in the cellar. (I don't remember what it's called :P) But it's members only and you need to complete part 1 of Recipe for Disaster. You just have to run over to the ladder and climb it, and you'll be in the kitchen.

Rogues' Den Fire

This fire is located practically next to the fire

roguesdenfu7.png

I suppose you mean "Practically next next to the bank." :(

Edited by Morty

This section will show you what to cook until you each a level of 10.

Should it be reach?

Also if it is reach, make it, "until you reach level 10"!

You do not need the of!

The finall ingredient is an egg, and they can be found in the Lumbridge chicken pen, or bought from the Culinaromancer's Chest. You need to do the following to make a cake:

Final

There is no specific amount of XP that can be earnt doing this, as your technique may vary. Also it is unlikely you will have enough ingredients to make wine for a whole hour, but this is around abouts how much XP you would get if you went flat out.

About*

Eggs are obtained from killing chickens or can be bought from the Culinaromancer's chest as well.
Dead chicken lay eggs? I don't think so, I think there is a spawn at the chicken pen across the river Lum north of Lumbridge..

--Simple--

Thanks Simple for all your advice and help, I'm getting along okay with the guide now.

But is it helpful? Would you find it useful if you were cooking? Opinions and corrections/ideas or comments welcome. :)

You've said "earnt" a lot in your guide. I don't think that's a word. Word says that it's spelled wrong. I think the word is supposed to be "earned".

Scrambled eggs transparency:

6bsxz04.gif

[IMG=http://i12.tinypic.com/6bsxz04.gif]

Overall Summary of XP earnt per hour cooking high level foods

Name XP Per Hour When PowerCooking

Lobsters 140,000

Pizza ------[/size]

Wine 375,000

Sharks

Extra size tag.

earnt

From Wiktionary

Jump to: navigation, search

English

Verb form

earnt

1. (UK, nonstandard) Alternative form of simple past and past participle earned, increasingly used, but still considered to be nonstandard.

Meh. I'll change all those "earnts". Thanks for the transparency, too. :)

Very nice guide!

cooky1.png

cooky2.png

As requested in PM. Sorry for ugly boots but those are my main ones, I usually take pictures like this with climbing ones :(

~ Macki

Gracias Senor Macki.

/Back to English

I'll add them right away. :(

I know that you can stop burning lobsters at level 75 but im unsure what level with the cooking gloves

2) Making Scrambled Eggs *

Scrambled Eggs are good XP for low level P2P cooks. They require level 13 cooking to make, and they give 50XP per bowl of eggsThis food can be made totally free in a POH kitchen that stocks bowls and eggs, and has a range. This is how to obtain the ingredients:

Should have a space and a period.

2) Wine Making

Wine making is very good experience, up there with the best in the whole of RuneScape. The big advantage is the get 200 XP per wine and it's impossible to make the wine go "bad", like you can with fish or foods. This is how to obtain the two ingredients:

Grapes - Found in the Cooks' Guild or the Phoenix Gangout hideout. They can also be bought from the Culinaromancer's Chest for 1 gp each.

Jug of water - Jugs can be bought from the Culinaromancer's Chest for 1 gp each. They can also be bought from General Stores. Fill it up at a fountain or sink.

1) Fill jugs with water, and withdraw 14 from your bank

2) After obtaining grapes, withdraw 14 from your bank

3) Use the grapes with your jug of water

4) Wait 15 seconds for the wine to ferment, and voila, 200 cooking XP!

There is no specific amount of XP that can be earnt doing this, as your technique may vary. Also it is unlikely you will have enough ingredients to make wine for a whole hour, but in an hour you will get 375,000 cooking XP! For level 40, from level 35, you only need 75 grapes and jugs of water.

XP Per Jug Of Wine: 200 XP

Amount Of Wine Needed for Level 40 (from level 35): 75

XP Earned Per Hour Making Wine: 375,000 XP

You can get grapes, a jug, and a water source in the Cooks' Guild, so you can just stay there to make wine.

The Lumbridge Cook's Range

This range requires the completion of the quest "Cook's Assistant".

Pros:

The special range helps you burn less food.

Cons:

You need to climb lots of stairs to get to and from the bank

People that open doors could slow your cooking

Wouldn't that be "close"?

Al Kharid Range

Pros:

There isn't people constantly opening doors

It is fairly close to a bank

Cons:

You need to pay to get into Al Kharid, but that shouldn't really be a problem because you can go in via the northern entrance

You can't teleport near the range unless you are a member.

Isn't should be aren't

You must pay 10 gp to enter, unless you finished Prince Ali Rescue.

The Cooking SkillCape

A cook with a cooking level of 99 can wear the magnificant Cooking SkillCape of Achievement.

This special cape is only available to the best chefs out there and comes with it's own brilliant cooking emote.

Magnificant should be magnificent.

It's should be its.

By the way, why is SkillCape of Achievement the only thing that is linked?

I'll do those corrections tomorrow, and about the linking, no, I will link everything when the guide is finished.

Linking upon completion of the guide

I'm not really sure why I linked that.

why did you call Karamaja island Musa Point?

Because Musa Point is on the Karamja island, but he is designating that the area in which he is discussing is called Musa Point.

yo may want to mention that Chef's Delight which raises cooking lvl by 3 ..its made with 4 chocolate dust and requres 54 to make

This is a cooking help guide.. I don't see how a Chef's delight can help you too much if you are training cooking. :huh:

Nice re-write, i remember old version :huh:. This is a very detailed guide and i'm sure it will help people. Well done ^_^

Great guide and very detailed.

You can add that you can buy feathers, rods and lobster pots from Shilo Village.

This is a cooking help guide.. I don't see how a Chef's delight can help you too much if you are training cooking. :huh:

if you need some cooking lvls for aa quest that for example need 53 cooking but u only have 50 you cant do it...but when u use the drink in the end you do get cooking xp

If I understand correctly, you just mentioned about raising your cooking level to do a quest. This is a help guide. And taking one stat booster because you can't cook a certain food would waste time and isn't very reliable.

Wine is, still, extremely good experience, even at levels like 70!

^^ No commas, make it read 'Wine is still extremely good experience, even at levels like 70!'

This special cape is only available to the best chefs out there and comes with it's own brilliant cooking emote.

^^ No apostrophe in 'it's'. It's 'its'. =P

Not sure how to do quote tags...

Other than those, great! I'll be using this one for sure. I got to 32 cooking yesterday by doing chickens in the champions' guild. Huge waste of time, I see now. =P

And I am back! To finish up proofreading!!! :/

that stocks bowls and eggs in the teak lardur, and
Withdraw 13 bowls and 13 eggs, or take them from your lardur.
if you have a complete kitchen with a teak lardur in

Lardur - Larder (checked this just to make sure. It is "er" not "ur.")

It can also be found in Hetty the witch's house in Draynor

Hetty should be Aggie. Hetty is the witch in Rimmington.

- Found in the Cooks' Guild or the Phoenix Gangout hideout

Gangout - Gang

The big adavantage to

Adavantage - advantage

This is how to make wine very fast, minimalizing time:

Minimalizing - minimizing

. Bank or cook your fishto the west.

Fishto - fish to

See the World One Trading guide for an detailed explanation

An - a

have completed the Familty Crest quest and

Familty - Family

Infact, you will stop burning them at level 68 with the gloves

Infact - In fact

Pizza is a fun and effective way to level cooking. One of the possible problem could be there are lots of igredients

Igredients - ingredients

You'll need around 13,500 pineapple pizzas, 14,000 anchovy pizzas, 15,100 meat pizzas.

You need the word "and" before 15,100.

The Cooking SkillCape

In the title, you did not capitalize the "cape" part. Make sure you are consistent.

----------

@Wiltingplant: Lol, thats how I raised my cooking. To use quote tags, you type the words below and the words that you are quoting go in between.

[quote][/quote]

This post has been edited by Steve: A minute ago

Lol jk =P Just figured out how to do that in that one topic in the Scape Lounge =P

Edited by Hawk

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.