Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRC

Varrock Rewrite: 100% Complete

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Method 01: Walking

Walking is the simplest of all traveling methods. It requires no special equipment expect your feet, which are on you all the time. Simply walk to Varrock and enter from either it’s south, east, or west entrances. There are many places you could be to think of a reason to head to Varrock. It is not complicated to enter Varrock, so you shouldn’t have much difficulty.

Expect should be except

It's should be its

The below text will explain the different options of travel you can use to journey from one point of Runescape to Varrock. Chose the best option for you, or experiment with all of them.

That should be choose.

There are two types of teleportation methods: using runes or teleportation tables. The most common method is with runes.

It's tablets not tables.

For this method of travel, you will need completion of the quest, The Tree Gnome Village.

That isn't true. The quest is The Grand Tree for access to the trees.

Doing Grand Tree will allow you to use the Old Spirit Tree inside the stronghold, while Tree Gnome Village will allow you to use the young ones.

Edited by Moose

Pictures for your guide

The Gypsy

19350914ln8.png

[img=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1466/19350914ln8.png]

The Apothercary

98349699ij5.png

[img=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/816/98349699ij5.png]

The West Bank

93671797ow6.png

[img=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3515/93671797ow6.png]

The East Bank

95205066iv6.png

[img=http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6741/95205066iv6.png]

I know you havent started wrighting that bit and im sure you might just use your own pictures but this might help

I will do your proofread during and when complete as I suck otherwise at any other contribution :P

If you need anything, I would like to help. Anything such as pictures, and parts of writing.

Doing Grand Tree will allow you to use the Old Spirit Tree inside the stronghold, while Tree Gnome Village will allow you to use the young ones.

No, the Grand Tree is for the gliders.

@Everyone Else: I will correct your errors. If you are going to proofread when I am done, make sure you have a lot of time. :beret:

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

I know this is probably going to be the best guide you have ever written. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done! PM me if you need any help! :beret:

I know this is probably going to be the best guide you have ever written. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done! PM me if you need any help! :beret:

That’s my main goal: write a great guide. I’m trying to organize everything and make it unique and different from the others. I also want to make sure it is a formal, but easy read, and does not contain nonsense. It’s going to stick with the basics; it’s just a normal city guide, except with a few differences: Introduction, Getting There, Map of the City, The Palace, The City, The Museum, Shops, and Attackable Creatures. I think it would be pointless to include a NPC section, because it is uninteresting and the city is large. I don’t know, what do you think? Falador didn’t have one, and personally, I like it without it. It fits better for smaller cities. Keldagrim didn’t have one, also.

That’s my main goal: write a great guide. I’m trying to organize everything and make it unique and different from the others. I also want to make sure it is a formal, but easy read, and does not contain nonsense. It’s going to stick with the basics; it’s just a normal city guide, except with a few differences: Introduction, Getting There, Map of the City, The Palace, The City, The Museum, Shops, and Attackable Creatures. I think it would be pointless to include a NPC section, because it is uninteresting and the city is large. I don’t know, what do you think? Falador didn’t have one, and personally, I like it without it. It fits better for smaller cities. Keldagrim didn’t have one, also.

Yes, and their is so many NPC's in Varrock it would be hard to get all of them and get them all transparent. It would also save some space on the site for other things. :P

Yes, and their is so many NPC's in Varrock it would be hard to get all of them and get them all transparent. It would also save some space on the site for other things. :P

I agree.

Anyway, I can always use help, expect with pictures. That is something I like to do. Anyway, if you can help with pretty much anything, just post it. I’ll look at it, tweak it, and give you credit.

Supose you need pictures, here are some from the phoenix gangs hidden headquarters

phoenix1.png

phoenix2.png

phoenix3.png

phoenix4.png

phoenix5.png

and stravens head

straven.png

Even tho you say you want to get the pictures yourself, just incase your not a phoenix member but are black arm.

If you are phoenix, then oh well, use them if you want to or not.

Edited by King Of Monra

@Monra: Unfortunately, I am also a phoenix gang member. I might be able to find a use for those pictures, so thank you, anyway.

I'm a part of the black arm gang. I could get you some pictures. :blink:

That would be great. :)

Fantastic! I have to leave right now but I can get them real soon!

firstroomjm7.png

Getting more later..

Edited by Desireful

Hey, can't wait to see this guide evolve! If you need help with transparencies, or just plain sreen shots in general, let me know. I also agree an "NPC" is section is poinless unless there is a detailed description for each one along with their location, but that could just go in the NPC database.

Hey, can't wait to see this guide evolve! If you need help with transparencies, or just plain sreen shots in general, let me know. I also agree an "NPC" is section is poinless unless there is a detailed description for each one along with their location, but that could just go in the NPC database.

Alternatively, NPC information could be described with different points they associate with. If Zaff is at point 1, provide information about him at point 1. Why bother making another section to show his head? Anyway, making this guide is hard without a map. I have nothing to follow and use as a guide. More of this guide will become complete when school ends June 7th and the new world map is updated.

MRC a way to make it different is to add a table of contents. Let me start

1. Getting There

--1.1 Walking

--1.2 Teleportation

--1.3 POH Portal

--1.4 Spirit Tree

--1.5 Canoe

--1.6 Hot Air Balloon

--1.7 Bracelet of Combat

--1.8 Necklace of Skills

2. Map Of The City

--2.1 [insert Map Here] Use a thumbnail

3. Shops

--3.1 Zaff's Superior Staffs

--3.2 Thelisia's Fine Clothes

And to continue.

Edited by Definition

@Definition: I think I will stick with my usual method of following a map with numbers on it, but thank you anyway.

This is going to be a great guide Mrc :D

I got you some pics:

Horvic's armour shop:

horvicxt4.png

[IMG=http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3405/horvicxt4.png]

Lowe's archery emporium:

lowegr2.png

[IMG=http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4997/lowegr2.png]

Edited by Greek Cook

(6) Queen Ellamaria’s Garden

The queen of Varrock is occupied at this location. This is her garden. Players who have completed the quest, Garden of Tranquility, will be allowed to visit this garden and will notice that the garden is furnished with plants, flowers, a white tree, and a Saradomin statue. Players who have not completed the quest will view an empty garden filled with weeds and empty pots. The garden will also be without a Saradomin statue.

Try rephrasing that to something like, "Occupying this location is the queen of Varrock."

I think you should add quests in there so I took a picture of Gertrudes house where you can start her quest

gertrudeshousect8.png

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3903/gertrudeshousect8.png

It is owned by a wizard named Zaff. He sells regular staffs, elemental staffs, and battlestaffs.
I know the shop title says Zaff's Staffs, the plural of staff is staves. Edited by Alex0252

Your image link is not working, and yes I plan to include Gertrude’s house and information about the quest she is apart of. As for the staves/staffs, both ways are acceptable: same with dwarfs/dwarves and others I cannot think of. I think staffs would work here because of the shop’s name and the item names.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.