Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRC

Varrock Rewrite: 100% Complete

Varrock

Written by Mrcsupertrain & Johnny

Original Guide by Tjcrazy & Salmoneus

Special Thanks to: Ambo100, Dead, Desireful, Greek Cook, Hawk, Hothead73, Johnny, King of Monra, Knight Haleth, Pig, Styx93

Welcome one and all to Varrock, one of the grandest cities in the land of Runescape. This city is a location available to free players and members. Varrock has a lot to offer, such as quest start points, entertaining aspects, and much more. All of these interesting attractions will be explained with great detail throughout this guide.

Before Reading

This guide is very large, containing a lot of information about Varrock covering over 60 attractions found in the city. If you are looking for a particular attraction, please refer to the below map and find the number closest to what you are looking for. Also, you could press Ctrl + F and use the search function to find something in this guide.

Getting There

Before you can understand the glory of Varrock, you'll need to be there to see it. The below text will explain the different options of travel you can use to journey from one point of Runescape to Varrock. Choose the best option for you, or experiment with all of them. Methods one and two (Magic Spell) are for free players and members, while methods two (Tablets), three, four, five, six, seven, and eight are members' only.

Method One: Walking

Walking is the simplest of all traveling methods. It requires no special equipment except your feet, which are on you all the time. Simply walk to Varrock and enter from its north, south, east, or west entrances. There are many places you could be to think of a reason to head to Varrock. It is not complicated to enter Varrock, so you shouldn’t have much difficulty.

Method Two: Teleportation

There are two types of teleportation methods: using runes or teleportation tablets. The most common method is with runes. Requiring level-25 Magic, you can teleport to Varrock with the Varrock teleport using three air runes, one fire rune, and one law rune. You will arrive in Varrock central plaza. The second teleportation option is teleportation tablets. These are crafted within your own or another’s Player-Owned House (POH) that contains a study room. Your house or another’s will need an Oak Lectern. The necessary materials are soft clay and the Varrock teleportation runes. Teleportation tablets are a one-click teleport object and require no magic level to activate.

Method Three: Player-Owned House Portal

This method is only for players who have a house and a portal room. Build a portal in your portal room and set it up for unlimited teleports to Varrock. This will require 300 air runes, 100 fire runes, and 100 law runes. Once the portal is set up, you can use the “Teleport to House” spell and use your new portal. This method is one of the fastest ways to access Varrock.

Method Four: Spirit Tree

For this method of travel, you will need completion of the quest, The Tree Gnome Village. This quest will access you to Spirit Trees. From your starting location, find a “young” Spirit Tree and use it to go to the main “elder” Spirit Tree in the center of the Tree Gnome Village. Use the elder tree to teleport to the tree in the Varrock forest. From there, walk around the boarders into Varrock or use the agility shortcut nearby. Alternatively, you can go straight to an elder tree. There are two in Runescape. One is in the Tree Gnome Village and the other is in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

Method Five: Canoe

Canoes are uncommonly used to travel to Varrock. Nonetheless, they are still effective if you are out of runes or for other reasons. The only requirement is level-12 Woodcutting. Firstly, find a canoe station with a canoe tree nearby. There are four in Runescape: Edgeville, Barbarian Village, The Champions’ Guild, and Lumbridge. Head to one of these stations and prepare a canoe. Row a canoe to the Champions’ Guild. Head north to the south entrance of Varrock. More information on using and preparing a canoe can be found in the Canoe Travel Guide.

Method Six: Hot-Air Balloon

This method is only available to those who have completed the quest, Enlightened Journey. Firstly, you will need to start off on Entrana and use the hot-air balloon to fly to Varrock. This will require a tinderbox and ten willow logs. Once you have unlocked a route to Varrock, you can fly to the Varrock balloon station from any of the other balloon stations. You will need one willow log for any more trips. The Varrock station is near the Lumberyard. Once you arrive, head southwest to the east entrance.

Method Seven: Bracelet of Combat

Enchanting a dragonstone bracelet creates the bracelet of combat. The bracelet of combat has a teleport option with a maximum of four charges to four different places. Use one of its charges to teleport to the Champions’ Guild. Walk northeast to the south entrance of Varrock.

Method Eight: Necklace of Skills

Enchanting a dragonstone necklace creates a necklace of skills. The necklace of skills has a teleport option with a maximum of four charges to four different places. Use one of its charges to teleport to the Cooks’ Guild. Walk south until you see a pathway, and follow this pathway east to the west entrance of Varrock.

Map of the City

The Palace (Frontyard & Backyard) Should be Front Yard

Located at point one, the first attraction in Varrock that is worth seeing is the Palace. The palace is north of Varrock’s central plaza. It is three floors high with something appealing on each floor. Before you head into the castle, let us take a look at some of the attractions found in the palace’s frontyard Again, front yard. and backyard.

The Frontyard Same thing Benches

As you walk into the frontyard Front Yard of the palace, you will notice two benches. These benches are simply there for scenery and have no other potential use. You will also notice four regular trees. These can be chopped down for regular logs and are somewhat useful if you ever need a log quickly. Moving on, let us head to the next attraction, which can be found by moving west.

The Fountains

Two fountains are located northwest of the left bench. These fountains are practical if you ever need to refill an empty bowl, vial, jug, or any other item that can hold water. Also, you will notice two statues west of each fountain. These statues are of famous knights. Their names are unknown.

Agility Shortcut

From the fountains, continue moving north along the path boarded by trees. You will come across a hole in the ground. This hole is an agility shortcut, requiring level-21 Agility to use. This shortcut is two-ways. One way will access you into the backyard of the palace, and the other way will access you into the Varrock forest. Also, near the shortcut is a body rune respawn.

The Backyard Yew Trees

In the very back of the Varrock Palace, you can find three yew trees. Yew trees require 60-Woodcutting to be chopped for logs. Be wary that this area could become crowded. Many free players come here for woodcutting. Unfortunately, autoers can also be found here. Between the yew trees is a lone table with some seats. As with the benches, the table is not useful in any manner and is there for scenery.

Bear Cage

East of the yew trees is a cage with a grizzly bear in it. Players can range or mage the bear from the outside of the cage. If you want to get into the cage, you’ll need to navigate through the Varrock sewers and find the ladder that goes up into the cage. The grizzly bear is level-21 and is also accompanied by a dying tree, five coins on the floor, and skeleton remains within the cage.

Queen Ellamaria’s Garden

Occupied at this location is the queen of Varrock. This is her garden. Players who have completed the quest, Garden of Tranquility, will be allowed to visit this garden and will notice that it is furnished with plants, flowers, a white tree, and a Saradomin statue. Players who have not completed the quest will view an empty garden filled with weeds and empty pots. The garden will also be without a Saradomin statue. Also, here's an interesting fact, you can pick a white tree fruit in Queen Ellamaria's garden after completing the quest, Garden of Tranquility. It restores 5-10% energy. You get 12-Farming experience for picking it.

Farming Patch

If you have been touring the Varrock palace via the descriptions in this guide, your current position should be in the queen’s garden. For the next attraction, travel around the palace back to the benches. This time, move in an east direction. You will come upon a farming patch. You can grow trees in this patch. Wandering around the patch are the palace’s guard and professional farmer, Treznor, and the Tool Leprechaun. Treznor can watch over your growing trees and chop down fully-grown trees, both for a price. He can also offer farming advice and sell basic farming equipment. The Tool Leprechaun acts as a farming bank and will only store farming equipment and different types of compost.

The Palace

Now that you have had the time to explore the frontyard This is the same. Front yardand backyard of the palace, it is time we start searching the inside of the palace. To start, head into the palace entrance, containing two fountains and multiple guards.

Back in school, we had a discussion in class of the word “frontyard” being singular or two words. Even though it’s not in the dictionary, it is OKAY to use it if you use it with conjunction of “backyard”. It’s really confusing, because it is a word and not a word at the same time. I am going to leave it, because it’s a bit of a rare case and using rare stuff is kind of cool. :P This rule was said by one dictionary company. Teachers don’t want you to use it that way, but whatever, I am not in school. :mellow:

umm ill get you some pics of Black Arm Gang ill edit this later

I already got them for him. :)

I think I might have deleted the PM you sent me with them, or if you posted them on the topic, can you link me to them? :P

The Bank VaultIf you descend the staircase found on the ground floor of the bank, you will be in the bank vault. Behind the bars are lots of valuable treasures like gold coins, ruby jewelry, bars, and necklaces. They can be telekinetic grabbed if you have a magic level of 33. For more information on the Varrock Bank Vault, visit the Varrock Bank Vault Guide.

Another way of getting the bank vault items is 33 magic and a Wizard's Mind Bomb.

Wouldn’t you mean 30 magic and a Wizard’s Mind Bomb? I’m not going to add it. I don’t need to be so precise.

Erm.. sorry. I don't save any of my PMs. I could check back on imageshack though. Hold on.

Edit: No trace. Sorry.

Edited by Desireful

U CAN STILL USE MY PICS :)

I think he can figure that out on his own. And please don't type in caps. :)

Mrc, are you sure you deleted that PM? It took me a half an hour to get all those. :P

lol sorry i didnt know i was typing caps lol and it took me a half an hour to form 6 to 6:30

Welcome one and all to Varrock, one of the grandest cities in the land of Runescape

"Runescape" should be "RuneScape"

The below text will explain the different options of travel you can use to journyy from one point of Runescape to Varrock.

"journyy" should be "journey"

and the Runescape thing again

Your house or another’s will need an Oak Lectern.
Maybe just say: "Either your house of theirs will require an Oak Lectern."

There are two in Runescape. One is in the Tree Gnome Village and the other is in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

the Runescape thing once more.

There are four in Runescape: Edgeville, Barbarian Village, The Champions’ Guild, and Lumbridge.

and again with the Runescape thing

Row a canoe to the Champions’ Guild. Head north to the south entrance of Varrock.

These sentences could be combined to make everything flow easier.

Suggestion: "Row a canoe to the Champions' Guild and then head north to the south entrance of Varrock."

Thats all I could fine :D Nice job so far with all of the details and nice pictures!

Welcome one and all to Varrock, one of the grandest cities in the land of Runescape

All those errors with Runescape and RuneScape I am not going to change. Many guides feature one or the other and they are both correct. Besides, it’s not that big of a “mistake”.

The below text will explain the different options of travel you can use to journyy from one point of Runescape to Varrock.

I’ll fix that typo, but again, I won’t be changing the Runescape “errors”.

EDIT: The journey error is of nonexistence. I checked the guide and that typo isn’t there. Where did you find it? I didn’t fix it already. :D

That wouldn’t make sense. If I changed my sentence to your sentence, it wouldn’t make sense because I haven’t previously explained who “their” is. The current way is fine.

Row a canoe to the Champions’ Guild. Head north to the south entrance of Varrock.

Suggestion: "Row a canoe to the Champions' Guild and then head north to the south entrance of Varrock."

Alright, that I will fix.

Thank you for the correct corrections you’ve posted. :)

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

just wonderin if u will be using my pics of black arm gang wen u get to that part?

All those errors with Runescape and RuneScape I am not going to change. Many guides feature one or the other and they are both correct. Besides, it’s not that big of a “mistake”.

I’ll fix that typo, but again, I won’t be changing the Runescape “errors”.

EDIT: The journey error is of nonexistence. I checked the guide and that typo isn’t there. Where did you find it? I didn’t fix it already. :D

That wouldn’t make sense. If I changed my sentence to your sentence, it wouldn’t make sense because I haven’t previously explained who “their” is. The current way is fine.

Alright, that I will fix.

Thank you for the correct corrections you’ve posted. :)

Well OK then. Even if it's spelled RuneScape on the website......

just wonderin if u will be using my pics of black arm gang wen u get to that part?

No, I will not. They’re not that good, to be perfectly honest. :beret:

Well, if your going to be like that then I might as well just change them. You could have tried convincing me instead of using the endless periods like your trying to be a smart alec. :wub:

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

No, I will not. They’re not that good, to be perfectly honest. :(

Well, if your going to be like that then I might as well just change them. You could have tried convincing me instead of using the endless periods like your trying to be a smart alec. :unsure:

So using periods makes someone a smart alek? I was just trying to prove my point. If you don't want to change it, you don't have to. It is your guide.

Also for Juliet's House, do you really need SO much info?

Case in point:

(4) Juliet’s Mansion

The Bottom Floor - The Eastern Rooms

This grand house is featured in the quest, Romeo and Juliet. As you enter the house via the eastern most door, you will see a man walking around who is named Daul Leptoc. He is Juliet’s father. In that room, you will find a staircase, which leads to the top floor. Around there is some fancy scenery. In the southeastern room is a range. The other items in this room are just for scenery.

The Western Rooms and the Hallway

On the western part of the bottom floor are two rooms, one bedroom, and one dining room. In the bedroom, which is the southern most room, are a double bed and a messy desk. On the wall is a painting. These objects are all there for scenery, apart from a level-2 man. In the dining room are a big table and fancy looking chairs. There is a hallway to the northwest of the dining room, which leads to a small garden.

The Top Floor

As you go up the staircase, in the northeastern room, you will enter a room containing a piano and a bookcase. Unfortunately, you cannot play the piano. On the wall is a swordfish trophy and some shelves. The bookcase contains nothing interesting. This pink feminine bedroom contains some fancy scenery and some few drawers, which are empty. On the balcony is Juliet, who is featured in the quest, Romeo and Juliet.

You could keep the bottom floor section but you should remove the western rooms and hallway as you are just describing the worthless decorations in the house. Those are no use to anyone. They are just decorations. For the top floor you could just say this is where Juliet is. And you don't need pictures for everything, only if it would help with your description of the attraction. Just trying to help and you don't have to chane anythign if you don't want to. I'm just thinking of all of the new players that will look at this guide and try to find what they need among it all. :P

Edited by Damaged500

So using periods makes someone a smart alek? I was just trying to prove my point. If you don't want to change it, you don't have to. It is your guide.

Also for Juliet's House, do you really need SO much info?

Case in point:

Well, I already explained that I wouldn’t be changing it, and then you make a comment about “Even if it's spelled RuneScape on the website......” That seemed rude to me because you didn’t finish your thought. It would have been better to say something like, “Since it’s spelled RuneScape on the website, shouldn’t you have that way in your guide?” or something along the lines of that. It’s hard to explain. :P I did look it over and decided to change it. Don’t worry about this, let’s continue writing this guide together. :unsure:

About your Juliet complaint, you’re right. This guide is similar to a movie screenplay - you’re going to do all the cropping at the end. For example, Pirates 3 was over 3 hours, but they did some cropping to it to make it short, sweet, and to the point (even though it was 2 hours and 50 minutes :(). I’ll do the same thing when I’m done, although I’ve already changed the Juliet complaint.

The last attraction on the ground floor is to visit Sir Prysin. Sir Prysin is found in a little room in the southwest corner of the ground floor. He plays a major role in the quest, Demon Slayer. Also, Sir Prysin can sell replacement Silverlights and Darklights if you happen to loose your original. It is time to move up to the second floor of the castle. Head back to the entrance of the castle and walk up the stairs you first saw.

Loose should be lose.

Edited by Pig

Remember I wrote points 11-14, l :cute: No need for you to write them. :unsure: Well of course you can if you don't like them but...

The last attraction on the ground floor is to visit Sir Prysin. Sir Prysin is found in a little room in the southwest corner of the ground floor. He plays a major role in the quest, Demon Slayer. Also, Sir Prysin can sell replacement Silverlights and Darklights if you happen to loose your original. It is time to move up to the second floor of the castle. Head back to the entrance of the castle and walk up the stairs you first saw.

Loose should be lose.

I will fix, thank you. :(

Remember I wrote points 11-14, l :o No need for you to write them. :yay: Well of course you can if you don't like them but...

Yes, I know. I have your message saved to add to the guide. I don’t think I’ll use the html though, because it’s just annoying when it stretches the screen, making it harder to read posts. I will add the info soon. :yay:

Erm.. It's not HTML. -.- It's BBcode, but okay. :)

Edit: Oh, those are charts from the original guide so it makes it easier on Sal (He doesn't have to eat my cheese sandwiches then!) :P

Edited by Desireful

About your Juliet complaint, you’re right. This guide is similar to a movie screenplay - you’re going to do all the cropping at the end. For example, Pirates 3 was over 3 hours, but they did some cropping to it to make it short, sweet, and to the point (even though it was 2 hours and 50 minutes :P). I’ll do the same thing when I’m done, although I’ve already changed the Juliet complaint.

OK, thats fine. I was just thinking someone wouldn't want a guide that discribed the house so much as the significance of it, but as you said, it can be edited at the end. Looking good so far! ;)

---

EDIT: I don't know if you want to add any links yet, but one should go here:

This method is only available to those who have completed the quest, Enlightened Journey.

"Enlightened Journey" would be linked here:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/EnlightenedJourney.html

Just thought I'd tell you that :P

Edited by Damaged500

Just thought I'd tell you that :P

I believe Mrc is linking when the guide is complete, so there is no need to post links yet.

Just thought I'd tell you that :blink:

I believe Mrc is linking when the guide is complete, so there is no need to post links yet.

OK, no problem

(12) Thessalia Fine Clothes

North of the sword shop is a clothing store, entitled “Thessalia Fine Clothes.” Here, you can buy basic robes, skirts, leather armor, and more. Also, if you are tired with your current look, you can ask Thessalia to change your clothing. It will cost 500 coins for a pants change and 500 coins for a shirt change. Lastly, against the northern wall of the store, there is Iffie. She is the sister of Thessalia and is happily rocking on her rocking chair.

Thessalia should be Thessalia's.

From there, walk around the boarders into Varrock or use the agility shortcut nearby.

As you enter the house via the eastern most door, you will see a man walking around who is named Daul Leptoc.

It should be "borders," not "boarders."

It's also Draul Leptoc.

Looks great so far! :yay:

Edited by Golden arm42

The Smithing Tutor will provide you will helpful information to help raise your smithing skill.

That should be 'with'.

~Knight Haleth

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.