Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRC

Varrock Rewrite: 100% Complete

To Desireful: Codeboxes drive me insane when they stretch my screen out. Sorry Sal. :D

To Damaged500: I’ve got tons of links to complete. Don’t worry, I’ll get to them at the very end. Linking is the last step I do with my guide writing.

To Johnny: Thanks for explaining, Johnny. :wink:

To Pig: Fixed.

To Knight Haleth: Fixed

To Golden Arm42: Fixed

When you're writing about Sir Prysin's room, the word lose is spelled loose. It should be lose.

The last attraction on the ground floor is to visit Sir Prysin. Sir Prysin is found in a little room in the southwest corner of the ground floor. He plays a major role in the quest, Demon Slayer. Also, Sir Prysin can sell replacement Silverlights and Darklights if you happen to loose your original. It is time to move up to the second floor of the castle. Head back to the entrance of the castle and walk up the stairs you first saw.

Loose should be lose.

I will fix, thank you. :)

You didn't fix it. :unsure:

When you're writing about Sir Prysin's room, the word lose is spelled loose. It should be lose.
The last attraction on the ground floor is to visit Sir Prysin. Sir Prysin is found in a little room in the southwest corner of the ground floor. He plays a major role in the quest, Demon Slayer. Also, Sir Prysin can sell replacement Silverlights and Darklights if you happen to loose your original. It is time to move up to the second floor of the castle. Head back to the entrance of the castle and walk up the stairs you first saw.

Loose should be lose.

I will fix, thank you. :xd:

You didn't fix it. :xd:

That error has been fixed. Sorry, Pig. :xd:

(22) The Rat Pits

The next attraction is located in a small, enclosed area. Head a little bit north of the Zamorak temple and you should notice a gate. Open the gate and the Rat Pits are just a bit south. This is the place when cat owners can take their grown cats only and enroll them in the minigame, Rat Pits, which requires completion of the quest, Rat Catchers. You’ll need some money to place bets and an Amulet of Catspeak to speak to your cat. The basic idea of the minigame is to see whose cat can catch the required amount of rats first. For this specific rat pit, the number is seven rats. Be wary that your cat may die during this minigame.

I think when should be where.

(23) Dimintheis’ House

West of the entrance to the Rat Pits is a duplex building. The top half belongs to Dimintheis. Dimintheis is the quest start point for the quest, Family Crest. He can also replace your steel gauntlets, the reward from the quest, if you happen to loose them.

OMG IT'S LOSE, K!? GOSH! ^_^

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lose

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loose

26.png

Wear should be where.

Edited by Pig

(11) The Varrock Swordshop

Southwest of the general store is a useful sword shop. The store tells bronze swords to adamant swords, bronze longswords to adamant longswords, and bronze daggers to adamant daggers. Also, upstairs in this shop, you can find a cooking range.

You mean sells I believe :mad: Here's the fixed one :P

(11) The Varrock Swordshop

Southwest of the general store is a useful sword shop. The store sells bronze swords to adamant swords, bronze longswords to adamant longswords, and bronze daggers to adamant daggers. Also, upstairs in this shop, you can find a cooking range.

(23) Fancy Clothes Store

The bottom half of the duplex building is the Fancy Clothes Store. The Fancy Dress Shop Owner owns the store. His shop contains some interesting and unique pieces of clothing. Trade with him and behold your choices.

I think you should add that the Fancy Clothes Store is member's only what I mean is that the owner wouldn't sell the items in freeplay world so freeplayers can't buy anything there.

Edited by Rosy

Calm down! Alright, I made a typo, a common one. Chill, I’ll fix it.

Rosy, I’ll fix those corrections. Thanks.

:P I was joking. Just pointing that out in case you didn't know, because you didn't use a funny smily. :P

^_^ I was joking. Just pointing that out in case you didn't know, because you didn't use a funny smily. :D

It didn’t seem like that. I’m not sure how to comprehend the emotion the red face is expressing. Anyway, I’ve fixed the errors you all have pointed out and am glad to say this guide is 50% complete. Another 50% and I’ll be done with this guide. Thanks to all of you who have helped.

As ya need pictures, here's how cats scare stray dogs...

4xpsdhc.png

[IMG=http://i19.tinypic.com/4xpsdhc.png]

No thanks, I don't need pictures.

I think it would e helpful if you noted which ways of getting to varrock are members only :lol:

I got a kick out of your picture captions :aware:

Edited by Kieyanar

I think it would e helpful if you noted which ways of getting to varrock are members only :lol:

I got a kick out of your picture captions :aware:

Added, and thanks. :lol:

Kieyanar, your name has been removed from special thanks. I already mentioned which methods were members and free players in the “Getting There” introduction, only I didn’t notice it until just now.

Pez, I’ll that piece of information to the guide. Thank you.

Guide

The top floor is also known as the roof. To get to the top floor, head back to the staircase you used to reach the middle floor. From there, head east into a fancy bedroom. You should notice a ladder. Climb the ladder and you will be on the top palace floor. The top floor is very plain, containing little attractions. Exit the room you arrived in and you will come across a level-21 guard and multiple Varrock banners. Next, head to the north following a line of cannons and cannonballs. You should come upon a training area with a Captain and trainees.

you shud mention that trainees are un attackable

(21) Zamorak Temple

East of the Phoenix Gang hideout is a temple dedicated to Zamorak. Inside, you can find the Mage of Zamorak along with an altar to recharge your prayer points. The Mage plays a part in the miniquest, Zamorak Mage. With completion of that miniquest, you’ll learn the secrets and techniques of using the wilderness Abyss.

You should also mention that the Zamorak Mage doesn't appear in the Temple until you speak to him in the Wilderness near Edgeville. Also, he won't speak to you if your wearing any Saradomin Related Items.

Thessalia's Fine Clothes

Owned by Thessalia

I think owned could be replaced by the word "stocked". (Located in various parts of the guide)

Welcome to Varrock’s Archery shop. Lowe is the storeowner and sells basic Ranging equipment, which includes: arrows, bronze through adamant, shortbows and longbows, regular through maple, bronze bolts, and regular crossbows.

"storeowner" is two words and should be spelt "store owner"

It could read better like this:

"Welcome to Varrock's Archery shop. The store owner Lowe, stocks in arrows, from bronze through to adamant. He also stocks shortbows and longbows, from the basic regular bows to the more expensive maple bows. Additionally, he stocks regular crossbows and bronze bolts."

-(Located in part 30 of guide)

(34) The Training House

North of the east bank is a building in which a lot of dummies can be found. Dummies can be trained on at a low level. These dummies can be trained on until your attack level is twelve.

The phrase "can be trained on at a low level" is not required since you already mentioned that from 12 attack they cannot be trained on. I think either sentence can be deleted, or rephrased, depending on preference.

(33) The Tea Stall

At attraction thirty-three, a tea stall can be found. You can trade with the Tea Seller to buy a cheap, nonetheless, useful, cup of tea. However, as you may have guessed from this being a stall, you can steal tea. Stealing tea gives 16 experience per cup stolen. The stall requires a thieving level of five.

You can trade with the Tea Seller to buy a cheap, nonetheless, useful, cup of tea.

You have added an extra comma before the word "useful" which is not needed. It should read:

You can trade with the Tea Seller to buy a cheap, nonetheless useful, cup of tea.

Also in the pub, you will find Jonny the Beard, who you need to kill in the quest, Shield of Arrav.

You only need to kill him if you join the pheonix gang. It should read "Also in the pub, you will find Jonny the Beard, who you may need to kill during the quest, Shield of Arrav. (Located in part 18 of the guide)

(17) Cooking Houses

This attraction, similar to the last one, is quite boring. The house on the west contains a range and a ladder, which leads to a room upstairs. In the garden to the house is an allotment, which contains cabbages that you can pick and eat to heal one hitpoint. There are also some empty sacks. In the eastern house there is a staircase and another range.

"In the garden to the house". This should read: "In the garden outside the house..."

This really is a good guide, and I am amazed its only half done, it already looks complete!

Edited by djpailo

you shud mention that trainees are un attackable

I don't see why it is important to have that piece of information in the guide, but I suppose it shouldn't hurt. It's been added and you've been given credit.

You should also mention that the Zamorak Mage doesn't appear in the Temple until you speak to him in the Wilderness near Edgeville. Also, he won't speak to you if your wearing any Saradomin Related Items.

Thanks, I forgot about that. Added and credited.

I think owned could be replaced by the word "stocked". (Located in various parts of the guide)

Nope, I am not going to change. That is the same wording I've used for many guides in the store section and it's perfectly fine. I am expressing the ownership of the store and the person you should talk with to shop.

"storeowner" is two words and should be spelt "store owner"

It could read better like this:

"Welcome to Varrock's Archery shop. The store owner Lowe, stocks in arrows, from bronze through to adamant. He also stocks shortbows and longbows, from the basic regular bows to the more expensive maple bows. Additionally, he stocks regular crossbows and bronze bolts."

-(Located in part 30 of guide)

"Storeowner" is correct as one word. I am not going to change. However, I do like your wording for the shop description, so I have used that.

The phrase "can be trained on at a low level" is not required since you already mentioned that from 12 attack they cannot be trained on. I think either sentence can be deleted, or rephrased, depending on preference.

I've reworded the whole section, so thanks for the idea.

You can trade with the Tea Seller to buy a cheap, nonetheless, useful, cup of tea.

You have added an extra comma before the word "useful" which is not needed. It should read:

You can trade with the Tea Seller to buy a cheap, nonetheless useful, cup of tea.

Fixed.

You only need to kill him if you join the pheonix gang. It should read "Also in the pub, you will find Jonny the Beard, who you may need to kill during the quest, Shield of Arrav. (Located in part 18 of the guide)

Fixed.

"In the garden to the house". This should read: "In the garden outside the house..."

Fixed.

This really is a good guide, and I am amazed its only half done, it already looks complete!

Thanks. A lot of the information is typed up already, but I just need to add it to the guide along with pictures. It's just utter laziness. :(

Amazing guide so far Mrc, it's MASSIVE! :P The pictures are great (some awesome captions you have in some of them too :P ) and give a feel for the city while the text is very detailed and a very good read as well. Superb work, keep going! :D

How can you be so sure your 56 percent of the way done? o.O

btw reallly detailed/nice guide :D

Amazing guide so far Mrc, it's MASSIVE! :cry: The pictures are great (some awesome captions you have in some of them too :P ) and give a feel for the city while the text is very detailed and a very good read as well. Superb work, keep going! :D

Thank you very much, Sal. I'm doing the best I can. I wouldn't be where I am right now without the help and support of Johnny, along with corrections and suggestions from other members. I do have one question for you: The Npc Section. Throughout this guide, I pretty much explain what each Npc does, plus with Varrock's huge size, I can imagine over 50 heads. Could the Npc section possibly slide, or is there something else I could do to the section? I'll do it if necessary, but I am just wondering. :cry:

btw reallly detailed/nice guide :cry:

I don't know. I've got this percentage plan planned out. :cry:

Also, thanks. :P

btw reallly detailed/nice guide :cry:

I don't know. I've got this percentage plan planned out. :P

Also, thanks. :D

you should rewrite all the city guides :P sals would be #1 for city guilds in all of rs fansites :cry:

you should rewrite all the city guides :cute: sals would be #1 for city guilds in all of rs fansites ;)

I can only write so many guides of the same type before I get bored. ^_^ I think this will be my last city guide for a while.

Awesome guide :P well done Mrc :)

You know when you talk about the getting there part, when you talk about walking to varrock. You should include that it may be dangerous to low leveled players as the wizards there might kill you :yay:

Also, when you explain what is in Thessalia's clithing shop, you forget to say that she will trade your frog tokens for frog outfit :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.