Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRC

Varrock Rewrite: 100% Complete

Just so you know, randoms give 0.1 exp for every damage you hit, and 0.033 hitpoints exp per damage. :P Should be easy to check though. :xd:

And w00t 200th post. :D

Well, I think I will just add something small about training at the outlaws. Thanks everyone. :o

As of this post, I am currently doing a lot of linking, which is the last thing left in this guide, besides a new map. If anyone is interested, everything in the first post above and including Point 13 is properly linked. Those who want to start proofreading and/or check the links are more than welcomed to. ;)

Okay Mrc, I went through the whole guide and there was no spelling errors that I could find. :D

I know they're aren't any spelling errors, spell check can do that for me. :xd: The problem is I sometimes switch words around because I am typing too fast. That is what people need to look out for. For example:

The beast is level-301 and uses ranged-based attacks. [Correct Way]

The feast is level-301 and uses ranged-based attacks. [Error Way]

Everything is spelled right, but I have an incorrect word. That is what I need people to look out for. ;)

(2) The Cooks' Guild

Our second attraction of Varrock is the Cooks' Guild. The guild is accessible for players with level-32 Cooking or above. It is three floors high, each containing something useful. On the ground floor, there is Romily Weaklax and the Head Chef. Romily runs a pie store and will sell a variety of pies. The Chef will greet you as you enter the guild and will also sell players with 99-Cooking a Cape of Achievement. On the middle floor and top floor, you can find respawns of useful cooking items. Also, the entire guild serves as a mill to make flour. Wheat can be picked in the backyard of the guild and the flour can be made inside. For a more detailed walkthrough of the Cooks' Guild, check out The Cook's Guild Guide.

With the release of the Varrock Achievment Diary, it has brought a new bank to the Cooking Guild. But this bank may only be accessed by completing all the tasks in the Achievement Diary.

(2) The Cooks' Guild

Our second attraction of Varrock is the Cooks' Guild. The guild is accessible for players with level-32 Cooking or above. It is three floors high, each containing something useful. On the ground floor, there is Romily Weaklax and the Head Chef. Romily runs a pie store and will sell a variety of pies. The Chef will greet you as you enter the guild and will also sell players with 99-Cooking a Cape of Achievement. On the middle floor and top floor, you can find respawns of useful cooking items. Also, the entire guild serves as a mill to make flour. Wheat can be picked in the backyard of the guild and the flour can be made inside. For a more detailed walkthrough of the Cooks' Guild, check out The Cook's Guild Guide.

With the release of the Varrock Achievment Diary, it has brought a new bank to the Cooking Guild. But this bank may only be accessed by completing all the tasks in the Achievement Diary.

Also mention that you can wear the Varrock Armour 3 to get into the Guild instead of the usual chef's hat.

Thanks to everyone for your corrections. I've fixed all the errors, done all the linking, and I believe this guide is finally complete. The very last thing I need for this guide is proofreaders and link checkers. All I need is some people to pick a below section and check for spelling, grammar, proper linking, and words that I forgot to link. The below sections are available for anyone who would like to "sign-up" to help. You will receive credit for helping. :/

• Introduction, Before Reading notice, and Getting There.
  • Map of the City and Palace Grounds.
  • The Palace.
  • Attractions: Points 2 - 15
  • Attractions: Points 16 - 32
  • Attractions: Points 33 - 47
  • Attractions: Points 48 - 55
  • Attractions: Points 56 - 64
  • Special Attractions
  • The Museum
  • Shops and Stores
  • Someone to check and make sure everyone received credit for helping.

As of now, the guide looks great, but I really could use some helpers to check the sections I've made up above. Feel free to post what section you'll cover and when you're done checking. Once you finish, just post the errors you see. If you find none, just post you didn't find any and that section is A-OKAY. :glasses:

I'll take these points:

-Introduction, Before Reading notice, and Getting There.

-Map of the City and Palace Grounds.

-The Palace.

I'll take these points:

-Introduction, Before Reading notice, and Getting There.

-Map of the City and Palace Grounds.

-The Palace.

That'd be great, thanks. :glasses:

There are two types of teleportation methods: using runes or teleportation tablets.

What about an ectophial, Glory amulet, Castle Wars Bracelet, etc? I would consider them teleportation.

-

The grizzly bear is level-21 and is also accompanied by a dying tree, five coins on the floor, and skeleton remains within the cage.

I think saying "remains within the cage" is akward wording.

-

Also, here's an interesting fact, you can pick a white tree fruit in Queen Ellamaria's garden after completing the quest, Garden of Tranquility.

Maybe change the second comma into a period

-

(I stopped at the Palace section due to a lack of time :closedeyes: I'll go over the rest tomarrow)

Id be fine doing Attractions: Points 16 - 32 for you.

Ill begin right away.

Thanks. :blink:

There are two types of teleportation methods: using runes or teleportation tablets.

What about an ectophial, Glory amulet, Castle Wars Bracelet, etc? I would consider them teleportation.

Yes, but none of them have any means of getting to Varrock. I am talking about the two types of teleportation methods to get to Varrock. Do I need to be that specific? :o

The grizzly bear is level-21 and is also accompanied by a dying tree, five coins on the floor, and skeleton remains within the cage.

I think saying "remains within the cage" is akward wording.

Looks like a typo. I'll fix that soon.

Also, here's an interesting fact, you can pick a white tree fruit in Queen Ellamaria's garden after completing the quest, Garden of Tranquility.

Maybe change the second comma into a period

I'll change it to a colon. :closedeyes:

Thanks. :P

One last correction:

Reldo is also the start point for the Medium Tasks of the Varrock Achievement Diary.

He isn't the start point, he is one of three for the Diary as a whole. He is the one, however, that gives out the Varrock Armour 2 when you have completed all the Medium Tasks.

Other than that, the sections that I looked over seem fine. Congrats on finally getting it done :lol:

Nobody's doing attractions 33-64, right? I want to do them. >:mad: :lol:

That smithing level took you a long time, by the way. :P

EDIT:

I haven't really found any big mistakes, but that might be because I'm very tired at the moment. One thing I've noticed, though, is that you've been repeating a few links, generally links to skills. Also, I believe you repeated the link to the Capes of Achievement guide twice.

Another thing that I've noticed is that your captilization is kind of inconsistent. For example, in parts of the guide Woodcutting and Hitpoints are capitalized and skills like Smithing and Mining aren't.

I'm not certain whether or not you want multiple links to the same guide, or if you want skills to be capitalized or not. You can easily find mistakes like these using Ctrl+F, however. I could do it tomorrow if you want me to, when I'm more awake and vigilant. :)

Oh yes, and excellent guide. :s It's above reproach. It's very detailed, the pictures are look nice, and it's easy to read. You did an outstanding job. I'm happy that it's finally completed. :mad:

Edited by Pig

One last correction:
Reldo is also the start point for the Medium Tasks of the Varrock Achievement Diary.

He isn't the start point, he is one of three for the Diary as a whole. He is the one, however, that gives out the Varrock Armour 2 when you have completed all the Medium Tasks.

Other than that, the sections that I looked over seem fine. Congrats on finally getting it done :wub:

Thanks. I've reworded the parts for Rat B. and Reldo about the Achievement Diary. :)

Nobody's doing attractions 33-64, right? I want to do them. >:o :wub:

That smithing level took you a long time, by the way. :P

EDIT:

I haven't really found any big mistakes, but that might be because I'm very tired at the moment. One thing I've noticed, though, is that you've been repeating a few links, generally links to skills. Also, I believe you repeated the link to the Capes of Achievement guide twice.

Another thing that I've noticed is that your captilization is kind of inconsistent. For example, in parts of the guide Woodcutting and Hitpoints are capitalized and skills like Smithing and Mining aren't.

I'm not certain whether or not you want multiple links to the same guide, or if you want skills to be capitalized or not. You can easily find mistakes like these using Ctrl+F, however. I could do it tomorrow if you want me to, when I'm more awake and vigilant. :P

Oh yes, and excellent guide. :D It's above reproach. It's very detailed, the pictures are look nice, and it's easy to read. You did an outstanding job. I'm happy that it's finally completed. :)

Thanks for the help. I know there are parts when the skills are capitalized and when they are not capitalized. I mainly tried to only capitalized when I mentioned a level requirement, such as "Level-60 Woodcutting" and not "…requiring the woodcutting skill." I think it's fine the way it is. :) As for the multiple links, I always do that. I try to link everything once per point. I've done that for a while and there doesn't seem to be a problem. :)

ill help proofreading the stores .

Thanks. :D

24.png

lol bottom it should be bottle

Ha, thanks. :P I did some editing to the original screenshot and now it looks normal. :)

I really think this guide is ready for the site. I took my time and there shouldn't be many errors left, hopefully none at all. Thanks to everyone for all the help and many thanks to Johnny for being a wonderful co-writer. :D

trainees

Is it just my English knowledge or should that be trainers?

trainees

Is it just my English knowledge or should that be trainers?

Nope. Trainees are people being trained, while the trainer is someone who trains the trainee. In this case, the Captain in the trainer and the trainees are the trainees.

The Top Floor

The top floor is also known as the roof. To get to the top floor, head back to the staircase you used to reach the middle floor. From there, head east into a fancy bedroom. You should notice a ladder. Climb the ladder and you will be on the top palace floor. The top floor is very plain, containing little attractions. Exit the room you arrived in and you will come across a level-21 guard and multiple Varrock banners. Next, head to the north following a line of cannons and cannonballs. You should come upon a training area with a Captain and trainees. Neither the Captain nor the trainees are attackable.

A picture of Ellamaria's garden before you've done the garden quest:

2vtnl9s.png

If you want me to say something i'll fake it, and if you want me to wear what you're wearing in the other pictures, take a picture of it when all the lines on the minimap are straight and post it, and i'll fake it too. :huh: Yes im bored. <_<

A picture of Ellamaria's garden before you've done the garden quest:

http://i21.tinypic.com/2vtnl9s.png

If you want me to say something i'll fake it, and if you want me to wear what you're wearing in the other pictures, take a picture of it when all the lines on the minimap are straight and post it, and i'll fake it too. :P Yes im bored. ^_^

No thanks. I will stick to the current one.

A job well done, Mrcsupertrain. :P I think this guide deserves a Slam's ice cold for both of us. ^_^

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.