Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tusse Won

Dharoking In Pest Control

Sal, you can add this to the Pest control guide if you want. I did this guide because when I play Pest control there are ALWAYS multiple players asking what I'm doing when I drop the pots.

--------------------------------------

Dharoking in Pest control

Originally written by: Tusse Won

Special thanks to: Morty, Rabbits-Foot, GhostFoot, Greek Cook, Dragons777dr, Emanick1, Sophia, Hawk, Mrcsupertrain, gamer4250, Freakmau

The basics

This is one of the fastest ways to gain combat experience, especially in melee stats. For this method of combat training you need a full set of Dharok's armor (Dharok's platebody, platelegs, helmet and greataxe), 70 attack, 70 strength, 70 defence and have at least done the explosive potion in Digsite quest.

The tactic is very simple. You will be carrying 24 Unidentified potions, Dragon battleaxe and 3 super attack potions. You can also replace the battleaxe with 2 super strength potions and take only 2 super attack potions. Your inventory should look like this:

inventoryfv1.png

Your equipment should look like this:

kamatko5.png

Full Dharok's, amulet of fury, warrior ring, rune boots, Recipe for disaster gloves, Legends/obsidian/achievement/fire cape.

This is just an example of effective equipment. You can replace these items with the best you can afford.

Next we will start taking advantage out of Dharok's special ability (lower hitpoints= higher hits) by dropping the Unidentified liquids. When you drop one, you will get hit by 25 damage. Drop many as you can, without dying of course. For example: you have level 76 hitpoints, drop three potions. 3*25=75, so you will have one hitpoints remaining. Make sure you drop these in the Pest control arena, because if you accidentally drop too many potions, you will die and lose your items. Also, remember to perform the Dragon Battleaxe special or drink a dose of a super strength potion, along with drinking a dose of a super attack potion.

Now, you will have low hitpoints, a high strength, and a high attack level, ready to play in a Pest Control game with full Dharok's armor.

NOTE: you can use the rock cake from the Recipe for Disaster quest (hits 1 when you try to eat it), but if you have completed the Dwarf part, you can't get it anymore.

Attacking

It is recommended that you attack the portals while using strength and attack prayers. In addition, try to stay behind or on the sides of the portals to prevent the monsters from attacking you easily. DO NOT try to kill the spinners. There are many monsters surrounding the spinners that can easily one-hit you, causing you to die because of your low hitpoints. If it happens that some of the monsters get to you, take off your boost prayers and switch to a protection prayer and the kill the monster that is attacking you. Then, take your protection prayer off, turn on the boost prayers, and attack the portal again. The most dangerous part in this method is when you move from portal to portal because then there are multiple monsters that can attack you.

rskuv1attem0.png

Defending

This method is better for experience, since you're going to be killing many low-leveled defense monsters. Get to the Void Knight and attack the shifters that are attacking the knight. The shifters will be focusing on the knight, so they will not attack you. Of course, you can kill the lower level shifters without praying. This might be more fun than attacking the portals, since you will hit high often, but other players might need your help at the portals.

rskuv1defoi6.png

Getting the explosive potions

Method 1:

Requirements:

Must have completed the Desert treasure quest

Level 60 magic

Rings of dueling/amulets of glory

Soul and law runes

Trowel(if you haven't left the barrels open)

If the barrels are not open use the trowel to open the barrels.

Your inventory should look like this:

inventory2vs9.png

Cast Senntisten teleport, follow this map to the barrels, and use vials with the barrel with orange liquid in it.

mapds4.png

After than, use a ring of dueling/amulet of glory to teleport to Castle Wars/Edgeville and bank the potions. Then, take out new empty vials and teleport back to Senntisten. Repeat this until you have enough potions to satisfy your needs.

NOTE: An amulet of glory might save money, but you'll need to have many amulets or charge them often.

Method 2:

NOTE: this method is A LOT slower than method 1.

Requirements:

Level 25 magic.

Air/fire staff, air/fire runes and law runes.

Trowel(if you haven't left the barrels open)

Your inventory should look like this:

inventory3ps6.png

Follow this map to the barrels:

map4uq6.png

Fill the vials and repeat until you have enough explosives for your needs.

NOTE: if you don't have level 25 magic you can always walk/run from Varrock to the barrels and from barrels to Varrock. This is not suggested, because this will make it even slower. You can also teleport to bit north of Digsite with the Digsite pendant from the Varrock museum mini-quest.

You can also take the Explosive potions to the Archaeological Expert in the exam center, who will make them into Nitroglycerin. Nitroglycerin hits 30 when dropped.

Have fun with your Dharok's!

Edited by Tusse Won

After that use dueling ring to teleport to Castle Wars and bank the potions then take out new vials. Repeat until you think you have enough.

Isn't it far better to use a glory amulet to teleport to Edgeville? Glories can be recharged, while dueling rings cannot, and that saves money. And i don't think this can be a guide on it's own, why don't include it in Jonny's Combat Training Guide.

Edited by Morty

Yes it saves money, but it takes time to charge the ammy again. Or of course you can buy like 20 amulets, charge them all. But I'd say this is faster. Duel rings can contain 8 charges and are easy to make while glory has max of 4 and you need about 300 pots (you get 26 from 1 trip) to get 100 points. So you'd need lots of glory amulets or charge them pretty often.

EDIT:Yes, this can be added to the combat training guide, but I want my name to this part. I mean that after all I wrote this :unsure:

And this is pretty big to be part of some guide.

Edited by Tusse Won

Good guide.

So now you have low hp, you're potted/baxed and in Pest control game whit full Dharok's

Should be "with"

kamatko5fe8.png

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8765/kamatko5fe8.png

inventoryfv1lf6.png

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4822/inventoryfv1lf6.png

map2dr4zm2.png

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1654/map2dr4zm2.png

mapds4pi2.png

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2927/mapds4pi2.png

inventory3ps6ci9.png

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4541/inventory3ps6ci9.png

Great guide! Here are some pictures without the links. Which might help a little bit better. :unsure:

Oh yes the whit route, miss-spelled should be White route

Change Rabbits-Foot to Haeduan.

Edited by Haeduan

Yea, I fixed those :unsure:

EDIT: thanks for reminding me about those. I'll add you to the helpers.

There was a typo in the second map so I fixed it.

Edited by Tusse Won

Are we going to have a guide for every single thing? This should be a sub guide.

Ok, I don't know why, but I do lot of typos with the word with...

Are we going to have a guide for every single thing? This should be a sub guide.

I agree. This would better be added to this guide, perhaps under the "More Detailed Technique" section.

Pest control guide is already pretty big, and adding this to it would make it into massive guide. People with slower computers would have problems with loading the site. Perhaps we could link this to the Pest control guide, but it has to be on it's own page...

Edited by Tusse Won

Ok, I don't know why, but I do lot of typos with the word with...

I agree. This would better be added to this guide, perhaps under the "More Detailed Technique" section.

Pest control guide is already pretty big, and adding this to it would make it into massive guide. People with slower computers would have problems with loading the site. Perhaps we could link this to the Pest control guide, but it has to be on it's own page...

Actually it would hardly create any lag at all, being none of this is moving images.

That might work: Create a link to this guide, but the link can only be found in the Pest Control guide. That might work instead of making the guide bigger.

Guest Emanick1

Suggestion: Use enchanted ruby necklaces to teleport to the Digsite. That would be faster than walking. :P

Can someone check and see what those necklaces are called? :queen:

So let's begin. This is one of the fastest ways to gain combat experience, especially in melee stats. For this method of combat training you need a full set of Dharok's armor (Dharok's platebody, platelegs, helm and greataxe), 70 attack, 70 strength, 70 defence and have at least done the explosive potion in Digsite quest.

The tactic is very simple, you will be carrying 24 Unidentified potions, Dragon battleaxe and 3 super attack potions. You can also replace the battleaxe whit 2 super strength potions and take only 2 super attack potions. Your inventory should look like

"helm" should be "helmet"

"whit" should be "with"

*add the people who found typos in your guide to your special thanks.*

the people who found typos:

-GhostFoot

-Greek Cook

-Dragons777dr

Edited by GhostFoot

OK, I added these names to special thanks:

-GhostFoot

-Greek Cook

-Dragons777dr

-Emanick1

I added the Digsite pendant to method 2 notes.

Cast Senntisten teleport and follow this map to the barrels and use vials with the barrel with orange liquid in it:

Please correct your 'With' s. You keep saying 'whit'.

Cast Senntisten teleport and follow this map to the barrels and use vials with the barrel with orange liquid in it:

Please correct your 'With' s. You keep saying 'whit'.

Yes I know, and even I think it's annoying :rolleyes:

Edited by Tusse Won

So let's begin. This is one of the fastest ways to gain combat experience, especially in melee stats. For this method of combat training you need a full set of Dharok's armor (Dharok's platebody, platelegs, helm and greataxe), 70 attack, 70 strength, 70 defence and have at least done the explosive potion in Digsite quest.

The tactic is very simple, you will be carrying 24 Unidentified potions, Dragon battleaxe and 3 super attack potions. You can also replace the battleaxe whit 2 super strength potions and take only 2 super attack potions. Your inventory should look like

"whit" should be "with"

-GhostFoot

-Greek Cook

-Dragons777dr

Finding typos really doesn't constitute "Special Thanks". Much less when you only found two of them.

"whit" should be "with"

-GhostFoot

-Greek Cook

-Dragons777dr

Finding typos really doesn't constitute "Special Thanks". Much less when you only found two of them.

for all the guides that i found typos on guides, i was put into the special thanks. Why should this one be different?

Nice guide btw, hope it gets accepted.

Thanks, now I'll just have to wait for Sal's judgement.

EDIT: woot 100th post! I've always wanted to be a monkey!

Edited by Tusse Won

Ring of duelings/glory amulets

Ring of duelings should be Rings of dueling.

You forgot to add links to your guide.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.