Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emanick1

Death Penalty

Should it be legal?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should it? Well!?

• Yes.
    • No.

So your going to let someone who has killed many people go out in public and repeat another murder?

Oh, God, no. Who ever said anything about letting them go out in public? No, they'd be imprisoned for life, max security.

Keeping them in prison might not do anything, prisons get full you know,

Schools get full too. Should we kill the poorer students so that the better ones can have plenty of room? :D

Edited by Evin290

There are better ways of getting to people instead of killing them. Lock them up and throw away the key, knowing they'll never see their families or the outside world again. Guantanamo is a better punishment the death.

That's because of the chemicals costing so much for the "lethal injections". Some people would like to go back to the guillotine which is quicker, and more efficient.

But then think of how much it will cost to pay people to clean up the blood. :D

Actually it wouldn't cost that much, remember the total number of deaths from the French Revolution? They had a semi-efficient way of disposing of it.

There are better ways of getting to people instead of killing them. Lock them up and throw away the key, knowing they'll never see their families or the outside world again. Guantanamo is a better punishment the death.

Guantanamo is one of the worst mistakes in this world.

no it should not be legalized :closedeyes: inocent people would die like they used to because they thought it was them and after they diedthey find out its not?

heres something i found out slightly off topic but still about death penalty...

it is against the law to commit suicide right? well they used to hang you for trying and yet not succeding

they should get inprisoned for that because if they do hang you your getting what you want..and that was when the death penalty was legal...

It should only be legal for people who commit devastating war crimes, like being behind the events that have directly resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths for oil in Iraq. And no, not Bush, the people holding the puppet strings.

My opinion is that the death penalty should never be used, because miscarriages of justice can, and do happen. If they are in prison, you can release them, if they have been given the death penalty, you can't bring them to life again.

It should totally be illegal. It's a crime when a citizen kills, but justice when the government does it? I think not.

Yes, it isn't a crime because it's sanctioned by the government. That's the difference between murderers and soldiers as well. Crime is defined as what the government says, and since the government says the death penalty isn't a crime... well guess what, it isn't.

oh, so just because the government says it makes it right? Well here's a big shocker for you: sometimes the government is wrong. Hard to believe, I know. But it happens.

I'm against death penalty.

Imagine this. You murdered someone accidently. So, the police found you and arrested you. You are now in court. As time passes, the judge takes puts the death penalty on you. You are shocked! You had only killed someone accidently! You start to panic, and the guards take you away. You start to panic even more, and you start screaming that you don't want to die. You are now taken to a room. You really start to get afraid. You keep chanting that you don't want to die because of 1 accidental murder. Someone comes in the room. He comes to the drawers and takes out a needle. "No!" you scream, "I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I want to live!" and start crying. The injector calls the guards and they come in. They rush to you and hold your arms. The injector fills the needle and comes forward to you. You start to scream and kick and scream and kick, but the guards pin you down and there no way to escape. The injector bends down and then slowly moves the needle to your arm...

And that's why I don't like death penalties.

Imagine this. You murdered someone accidently. So, the police found you and arrested you. You are now in court. As time passes, the judge takes puts the death penalty on you. You are shocked! You had only killed someone accidently! You start to panic, and the guards take you away. You start to panic even more, and you start screaming that you don't want to die. You are now taken to a room. You really start to get afraid. You keep chanting that you don't want to die because of 1 accidental murder. Someone comes in the room. He comes to the drawers and takes out a needle. "No!" you scream, "I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I want to live!" and start crying. The injector calls the guards and they come in. They rush to you and hold your arms. The injector fills the needle and comes forward to you. You start to scream and kick and scream and kick, but the guards pin you down and there no way to escape. The injector bends down and then slowly moves the needle to your arm...

Eek! Though, if there were overwhelming evidence that it was an accident, I doubt you'd get the death penalty.

Eek! Though, if there were overwhelming evidence that it was an accident, I doubt you'd get the death penalty.

But what if a witness didn't want to come forward initially, and came forward after the court case? The person can't be released from jail if he's dead.

But what if a witness didn't want to come forward initially, and came forward after the court case? The person can't be released from jail if he's dead.

And that's what's so wrong with the death penalty.

Out of curiosity, if the death penalty is continued, what method of execution would you prefer, and why?

I haven't really looked into the different methods, but the method which has the least amount of pain for the person being killed.

And that's what's so wrong with the death penalty.

Out of curiosity, if the death penalty is continued, what method of execution would you prefer, and why?

I haven't really looked into the different methods, but the method which has the least amount of pain for the person being killed.

The guillotine has no pain, and 100% success, but because of the amount of blood, it's not used. Do you think the gruesomeness of the execution matters? Or should it only be rated on pain?

I think really it needs to be both painless but also not gruesome for the sake of the executioners.

It should totally be illegal. It's a crime when a citizen kills, but justice when the government does it? I think not.

Yes, it isn't a crime because it's sanctioned by the government. That's the difference between murderers and soldiers as well. Crime is defined as what the government says, and since the government says the death penalty isn't a crime... well guess what, it isn't.

oh, so just because the government says it makes it right? Well here's a big shocker for you: sometimes the government is wrong. Hard to believe, I know. But it happens.

Because the government sanctions it, it is by definition not a crime. As for the second part of that: ur a n00b

and noob is supposed to insult me why? it's some moronic word some person on the internet came up with to brand anyone who disagreed with them or who annoyed them.

I'm just saying that's what would happen if there were, all of a sudden, death penalties.

Because the government sanctions it, it is by definition not a crime. As for the second part of that: ur a n00b

and noob is supposed to insult me why? it's some moronic word some person on the internet came up with to brand anyone who disagreed with them or who annoyed them.

It's not meant to insult you, it's supposed to show you how immature you're being including mean, snide little comments at the end of your messages.

that's exactly what you meant to do, if you weren't attempting to insult me, you wouldn't have used a general, meaningless term like that.

It's not meant to insult you, it's supposed to show you how immature you're being including mean, snide little comments at the end of your messages.

that's exactly what you meant to do, if you weren't attempting to insult me, you wouldn't have used a general, meaningless term like that.

I think he was copying you, by "including mean, snide little comments at the end of your messages."

I think he was copying you, by "including mean, snide little comments at the end of your messages."

regardless of what he was doing, I was being sarcastic as usual. Sarcasm is my identity. If you are planning on talking to me, be warned that I will be sarcastic. Now, moving on.

I would say death penalty is worse then a life sentence, because I think Hell is worse than a prison, no?

Depends on your religious beliefs I guess.

That was very, very profound (and true).

Murder is the Unlawful killing of another. As the government makes the laws, it is not murder.

In order to keep peace, those that commit very bad crimes, need to die. Otherwise, with no strong punishment, there would be-no-reason not to commit the crimes. There is a reason people think twice before murdering another. It is because they are scared of what will happen if it is found out what-they-have-done.

~John

Murder is the Unlawful killing of another. As the government makes the laws, it is not murder.

In order to keep peace, those that commit very bad crimes, need to die. Otherwise, with no strong punishment, there would be-no-reason not to commit the crimes. There is a reason people think twice before murdering another. It is because they are scared of what will happen if it is found out what-they-have-done.

~John

Surely a proper life imprisonment would be a stronger punishment?