Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emanick1

Death Penalty

Should it be legal?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should it? Well!?

• Yes.
    • No.

Otherwise, with no strong punishment, there would be-no-reason not to commit the crimes. There is a reason people think twice before murdering another. It is because they are scared of what will happen if it is found out what-they-have-done.

Do you think a psychopath who wants to harm people will be worried about his own death? No. He'd suffer far more by being imprisoned for the rest of his life.

A man has killed a few people, lowering the population of the human race. So what do you do? You kill the man lowering the population even more... :wub:

No, we are preventing further lowering of the population, by lowing it by one. Rather then lowering it exponentially by leaving the murderer alive/ and or un-harmed.

~John

im personally against the death penalty because 2 wrongs dont make a right. but yes 3 lefts do. anyway, in prison they will actually be tortured more. they should deserve this if they are mass murders or just 1 time killers =]

A man has killed a few people, lowering the population of the human race. So what do you do? You kill the man lowering the population even more... <_<

No, we are preventing further lowering of the population, by lowing it by one. Rather then lowering it exponentially by leaving the murderer alive/ and or un-harmed.

~John

I have to ask, how is the population of human's on Earth threatened? Their are six billion+ humans on Earth. Our reproduction rate outputs the death rates on planet Earth. How I know, for humanity to have reached something as incredible as six billion+ in population then they have to be reproducing faster then dieing.

Back to the death penalty. How is it just too kill another human? Even if that human has murdered billions or all of humanity.

~sax rocks1 :unsure:

Edited by Sax Rocks1

I think it should be legal in some places. If they did something really bad like kill 3 people or something like that then they deserve to be punished. Well, at least that's my point of view.

If they did something really bad like kill 3 people or something like that then they deserve to be punished.

Why is them dying punishment? It doesn't seem like punishment to me. It's not like they have to suffer for what they did or anything...

A man has killed a few people, lowering the population of the human race. So what do you do? You kill the man lowering the population even more... ;)

~John

Surely keeping them locked up forever would do the same thing?

I think it should be legal in some places. If they did something really bad like kill 3 people or something like that then they deserve to be punished. Well, at least that's my point of view.

Surely a proper life imprisonment would be more of a punishment?

If death wasn't a real punishment, why do criminals try to avoid it?

Because people are afraid of death. But once they're dead, they're dead. Punishment's over. Families of their victims would much rather them rot in prison than get an easy ride and just die.

Families of their victims would much rather them rot in prison than get an easy ride and just die.

You say that as a fact, but really it is your opinion (Unless you have polls to back that statement up)

Sorry, I didn't intend for that to sound like I had any sort of evidence for that. Just, logically, no one would want their family member's murderer get off easy. I mean, would you? I wouldn't.

It isn't about punishment for me, it's about fixing the problem. You punish people to solve a problem. Ending their lives would solve the problem as well. Too often it seems like you view jail as just punishment, but you're forgetting why we have punishments.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a vengeful sort of person, but I'd much rather the person who took someone I loved's life away to suffer for as long as possible.

If you punish the guilty, the simple will beware. easy as that. If we punish murders, repeat rappists, etc, others will not be as likely to break the laws. the main thing that keeps humans from doing whatever they want, is a fear of punishment. I would have no reason (encept for my biblical belevie thhat stealing is wrong) to not steal if i didn't have have the fear of a punishment.

@stonewall: I would be more afraid of suffering in jail for the rest of my life than of dying. And besides, if someone is sociopathic enough to commit a crime that would warrant the death penalty, he isn't thinking of consequences anyway.

Sorry for bumping an old topic but I have something I really need to say.

I saw something on digg, a man tried to skin a cat alive. I personally think whatever you do to another being, human or animal, whether it be killing a human or animal just for the sake of killing, skinning alive, eating alive, buried alive, hanging, slitting of the throat, etc should be done to the person who did it in the first place.

Say someone catches an animal on fire while it is still alive. He/She should be burned alive, and no mercy should be given.

Yes, kind of extreme but I personally find it a very good punishment system.

Edit: Just thought of this- If someone witnesses it happen and is in on it, like two friends buried a bird while it was living both should be given the same disciplinary actions, including the partner.

Edited by Coheed