Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emanick1

Death Penalty

Should it be legal?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should it? Well!?

• Yes.
    • No.

But lethal injection doesn't MUTILATE your body.

But at least you get to die with 'dignity', instead of what could quite literally be called a drug overdose.

How is being shot at, from behind, dignified?

But at least you get to die with 'dignity', instead of what could quite literally be called a drug overdose.

Of course this could just be Hollywood at work. But I always had the idea that they put you in front of a brick wall or something--while being tied to something like a pole-- and then shot with 10 rifles (one with a blank) and the blindfold was optional. What good would a blindfold do to somebody if he were facing the wall?

Well, I dont know what to say..

If you have a man who killed 10 people for no reason whatsoever

Then yeah, Death penalty

Well, I dont know what to say..

If you have a man who killed 10 people for no reason whatsoever

Then yeah, Death penalty

But then some other psychopath wouldn't have to be worried about being stuck in jail for the rest of his life. "I don't want to get caught, but if I do I'll only die. No big whoop."

Lol I didn't think you were shot from behind... :yay:

3) 46 million isn't much to a government whether it be pounds or dollars. its hardly any money in taxes. From what I heard the U.S. debt is now like 8 trillion dollars. when compared to 8 trillion thats pocket change.
You know, pocket change adds up. 770 thousand per person, there's probably thousands that could get the death penalty (ones that committed first degree murder). Lets say that there's only 2000 people, which I'm sure is way too small of a number, that's about 1.5 trillion dollars.

Killing doesn't solve anything. It only spreads.

Because death is a natural part of life the arrogant people of humanity who support death penalty reason. Why not speed it up? we're only going to die in the end.

That doesn't justify anything besides "those who support the death penalty are irrational".

The death penalty and killing are just ideas. They alone are harmless. People supporting them makes them dangerous.

If people didn't support them then they would wither away. But, don't listen to me i'm the "ultimate pascifist".

Also, once your killed your gone forever...you learn history to learn from the mistakes of the past. Killing and the death penalty are both mistakes. Learn from our past and realise that killing/death penalty won't solve anything but cause more problems.

Why the death penalty doesn't solve anything :P

~Sax Rocks1

Edited by Sax Rocks1

Still, I stand by what I said earlier. Death penalty should be in effect, because if you kill someone you shouldn't get to live in a sheltered environment with free food and not have to pay a thing for the rest of your life.

I watched an MSNBC special recently on dangerous inmates and according to that report, death row inmates have a choice of either being executed by lethal injection or firing squad in Utah. One particular inmate chose firing squad because he considered lethal injection to be degrading; something that they did to "put dogs to sleep".

I don't quite see how that was relevant, but I believe that capital punishment is necessary for heinous crimes and criminals remorseless for their actions. The way I see it, prisoners who get life without chance of parole have nothing to lose. Thus, they can act as egregiously as they see fit. That puts other inmates in further danger. Furthermore, Silavor brings up a very good point in his last comment.

Guest Emanick1

Hmmm, who's with me in thinking that some criminals prefer life inprisonment, and some the death penalty, and that if it was possible to know which they prefered we should give them the other?

It depends. What crime did they do. If your CHristian or Muslim then if you kill them cause they want to die, then you'll go to Hell

3) 46 million isn't much to a government whether it be pounds or dollars. its hardly any money in taxes. From what I heard the U.S. debt is now like 8 trillion dollars. when compared to 8 trillion thats pocket change.
You know, pocket change adds up. 770 thousand per person, there's probably thousands that could get the death penalty (ones that committed first degree murder). Lets say that there's only 2000 people, which I'm sure is way too small of a number, that's about 1.5 trillion dollars.

Lol, if that pocket change is so special and important, why did america go spend billions of dollars funding the war in Iraq? Why did britain go spend billions of pounds funding the war in iraq?

~Sax Rocks1

Edited by Sax Rocks1

Lol, if that pocket change is so special and important, why did america go spend billions of dollars funding the war in Iraq? Why did britain go spend billions of pounds funding the war in iraq?

~Sax Rocks1

I think that the war in Iraq was a terrible idea. We're debating our personal opinions here, not our government's opinions. :rolleyes2:

~Sax Rocks1

Because governments are corrupt, and they think that Iraq, once conquered, will be worth it because of oil. Oh, and apperently it was also for world safety, because Iraq was messing around with nuclear technology.

@Dreak: Why should we let them suffer in a place that isn't really suffering, and since they have nothing to lose they can harm in potentially fatal ways the other inmates who have a chance to live outside again?

~Sax Rocks1

Because governments are corrupt, and they think that Iraq, once conquered, will be worth it because of oil. Oh, and apperently it was also for world safety, because Iraq was messing around with nuclear technology.

@Dreak: Why should we let them suffer in a place that isn't really suffering, and since they have nothing to lose they can harm in potentially fatal ways the other inmates who have a chance to live outside again?

There was really no point in going to Iraq. In the end its only costed both of those governments money. Iraq was never messing with nuclear weaponry. If America and Britain hadn't gone there in the first place, there wouldn't be the problem of us having to stay there till the goverment there takes power.

~Sax Rocks1

edit:innocent lives have been cut down because of two governments :rolleyes2:. What a waste.

Edited by Sax Rocks1

There was really no point in going to Iraq. In the end its only costed both of those governments money. Iraq was never messing with nuclear weaponry. If America and Britain hadn't gone there in the first place, there wouldn't be the problem of us having to stay there till the goverment there takes power.

~Sax Rocks1

edit:innocent lives have been cut down because of two governments :rolleyes2: . What a waste.

I suppose we should just have ignored the genocide going on there?

And what genocide was that? There wern't terrorist groups or problems in Iraq till America and Britain decided to go and invade it.

~Sax Rocks1

And what genocide was that? There wern't terrorist groups or problems in Iraq till America and Britain decided to go and invade it.

~Sax Rocks1

:rolleyes2: Saddam Hussein killing hundreds of thousands of people doesn't count?

Yes, he was on a campaign to exterminate the Kurds.

~Sax Rocks1

:aware: Saddam Hussein killing hundreds of thousands of people doesn't count?

Wow, I never knew. So, why didn't I ever hear about Saddam Hussein's genocide when they tried to justify the war in Iraq?

Exactly, there obviously wasn't one...

~Sax Rocks1

~Sax Rocks1

:aware: Saddam Hussein killing hundreds of thousands of people doesn't count?

Wow, I never knew. So, why didn't I ever hear about Saddam Hussein's genocide when they tried to justify the war in Iraq?

~Sax Rocks1

What have you been listening to? Hate-Bush Radio? How could you not know about what Saddam was doing? Seriously, you need to expand where you get your news from. :)

I think what Sax is referring to is that the genocide wasn't one of of the main reasons given for entering the War in the first place. If it were, I think it would have had more supporters...

~Sax Rocks1

:P Saddam Hussein killing hundreds of thousands of people doesn't count?

~Sax Rocks1

What have you been listening to? Hate-Bush Radio? How could you not know about what Saddam was doing? Seriously, you need to expand where you get your news from. :)

Well, if the BBC aren't good enough then what is? *laughs*.

~Sax Rocks1

edit:also, evin is right, Britain and America neaded some more 'decent' reasons to go to Iraq.

edit2:I'm the 'ultimate pascifist' remember, I don't support wars...

Edited by Sax Rocks1

edit:also, evin is right, Britain and America neaded some more 'decent' reasons to go to Iraq.

That's not what I said. I said that America could have used that reason to gain more support. Not that I disagree with you, it's just that I'd prefer you not to twist my words.

That's not what I said. I said that America could have used that reason to gain more support. Not that I disagree with you, it's just that I'd prefer you not to twist my words.

Sorry about that, But still...There shouldn't be a death penalty...

Its bad enough that we all one day die, what reason can justify shortening another life without his consent even.

If humanity would stop thinking its perfectly normal to kill one another then there would be no violence or a nead for the death penalty.

Here is how I justify that, killing is like an idea, The more its thought of and practiced the longer its going to last. If we stopped killing each other and would start being peaceful and harmonic by debating our difference's instead of using war, violence would end.

There is no nead for violence, its only causing more and more problems. Ending killing by stopping all forms of violence is justified, continuing our barbaric ways of killing each other is not however justified.

~Sax Rocks1

Edited by Sax Rocks1

If humanity would stop thinking its perfectly normal to kill one another then there would be no violence or a nead for the death penalty.

It is perfectly normal. Anything that is capable of killing has been killing for millions of years. Humans and animals included.

I'm capable of not eating for the rest of my life. That doesn't mean I should not eat. (If I didn't eat for the rest of my life, I'm only going to be alive for the next approximently three weeks).

Obviously, its going to be very hard if it is possible to sway your opinion lilshu. let me ask you this. Is there anything that I could say to sway your mind and change your opinions on the death penalty/killing to mine?

~Sax Rocks1

I'm capable of not eating for the rest of my life. That doesn't mean I should not eat. (If I didn't eat for the rest of my life, I'm only going to be alive for the next approximently three weeks).

Obviously, its going to be very hard if it is possible to sway your opinion lilshu. let me ask you this. Is there anything that I could say to sway your mind and change your opinions on the death penalty/killing to mine?

~Sax Rocks1

You're certainly not going to be able to change my mind with bad analogies like your eating one. :huh:

Killing is not a necessity for survival, but it does increase your odds of survival. Try comparing it to something of a similar caliber.

Also, saying incorrect statements like "killing isn't normal" will not prove your point. Because it is natural.

You've even admitted it, Killing is not a necessity but it will increase your odds. Humans dominate the earth, what nessecity do we have for killing anyone then? Exactly, we can now live in harmony with nature and each other.

Killing isn't normal by my standards. It may be by yours...

Yes, it may be natural but not everything thats natural you have to particapate in.

~Sax Rocks1

You've even admitted it, Killing is not a necessity but it will increase your odds. Humans dominate the earth, what nessecity do we have for killing anyone then? Exactly, we can now live in harmony with nature and each other.

Killing isn't normal by my standards. It may be by yours...

Yes, it may be natural but not everything thats natural you have to particapate in.

~Sax Rocks1

Sorry, I didn't know that you thought I was saying killing people is needed for survival. I don't remember saying that, nor do I remember thinking that, at any point.

Killing is normal by nature's standard. And in my opinion, if it's good enough for nature, it should be fine for humans.

Picking your nose is normal by nature's standard aswell, does that mean you do it?

Sorry, I thought you said that killing is needed for survival *laughs*.

~Sax Rocks1