Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emanick1

Death Penalty

Should it be legal?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should it? Well!?

• Yes.
    • No.

You've even admitted it, Killing is not a necessity but it will increase your odds. Humans dominate the earth, what nessecity do we have for killing anyone then? Exactly, we can now live in harmony with nature and each other.

Killing isn't normal by my standards. It may be by yours...

Yes, it may be natural but not everything thats natural you have to particapate in.

~Sax Rocks1

Sorry, I didn't know that you thought I was saying killing people is needed for survival. I don't remember saying that, nor do I remember thinking that, at any point.

Killing is normal by nature's standard. And in my opinion, if it's good enough for nature, it should be fine for humans.

Picking your nose is normal by nature's standard aswell, does that mean you do it?

Yes, I sometimes do. :huh:

(don't get me wrong, I don't walk around with my finger up my nose, but if I have an itch on the inside of my nose, I scratch it)

Edited by thebasswizard

You've even admitted it, Killing is not a necessity but it will increase your odds. Humans dominate the earth, what nessecity do we have for killing anyone then? Exactly, we can now live in harmony with nature and each other.

Killing isn't normal by my standards. It may be by yours...

Yes, it may be natural but not everything thats natural you have to particapate in.

~Sax Rocks1

Sorry, I didn't know that you thought I was saying killing people is needed for survival. I don't remember saying that, nor do I remember thinking that, at any point.

Killing is normal by nature's standard. And in my opinion, if it's good enough for nature, it should be fine for humans.

Picking your nose is normal by nature's standard aswell, does that mean you do it?

Yes, I sometimes do. :huh:

(don't get me wrong, I don't walk around with my finger up my nose, but if I have an itch on the inside of my nose, I scratch it)

So, if I had an 'itch' to kill lilshu I can just persue it eh? Perfect logic isn't it?

~Sax Rocks1

So, if I had an 'itch' to kill lilshu I can just persue it eh? Perfect logic isn't it?

~Sax Rocks1

That's not right, because your analogy of comparing killing to picking your nose is not valid. If you make valid analogies, you'd find that you could say something like that.

Well, they are both 'natural'. Why shouldn't I be able to say their valid?

~Sax Rocks1

~Sax Rocks1

That's not right, because your analogy of comparing killing to picking your nose is not valid. If you make valid analogies, you'd find that you could say something like that.

~Sax Rocks1

Does anyone get hurt from me picking my nose? No. People may get a little grossed out if they see me do it, but no one gets hurt. Since someone dies from you killing lilshu, and no one dies from me picking my nose, they are not valid.

~Sax Rocks1

~Sax Rocks1

:huh:

If you really think Killing a person and picking your nose is comparable, then you have some problems you need to work out...

Well, picking your nose and killing a person happens to be 'natural' and so far You've not put down doing things that are 'natural'. Hypocricy for the win? (I wouldn't really compare picking your nose and killing a person. I'm only using this..subject..to win the debate).

~Sax Rocks1

~Sax Rocks1

~Sax Rocks1

:huh:

If you really think Killing a person and picking your nose is comparable, then you have some problems you need to work out...

Well, picking your nose and killing a person happens to be 'natural' and so far You've not put down doing things that are 'natural'. Hypocricy for the win? (I wouldn't really compare picking your nose and killing a person. I'm only using this..subject..to win the debate).

~Sax Rocks1

Only you aren't winning. Picking your nose and killing people are not the same, nor are they comparable. They may have one thing in common, but one hurts people, and the other doesn't.

If you want to play this game, stealing is ok because it is obtaining an object, and buying an object is obtaining an object. They are both obtaining objects, so stealing is ok.

~Sax Rocks1

~Sax Rocks1

:P

~Sax Rocks1

Only you aren't winning. Picking your nose and killing people are not the same, nor are they comparable. They may have one thing in common, but one hurts people, and the other doesn't.

If you want to play this game, stealing is ok because it is obtaining an object, and buying an object is obtaining an object. They are both obtaining objects, so stealing is ok.

@Lilshu: I'm going to be short and sweet. Lilshu, your pretty easy to make a change of heart. First, you were saying that killing is 'natural' and that 'natural' things are okay to sum it up. Now, your going against that. Not good for your argument or for anyone who is trying to justify the death penalty/killing.

@Thebasswizard:Do you support the death penalty/killing or not?

~Sax Rocks1

Edited by Sax Rocks1

@Lilshu: I'm going to be short and sweet. Lilshu, your pretty easy to make a change of heart. First, you were saying that killing is 'natural' and that 'natural' things are okay to sum it up. Now, your going against that. Not good for your argument or for anyone who is trying to justify the death penalty/killing.

He never said killing was good. He was responding to you saying that killing other human beings was "not normal." He said: yes it is normal, people have been killing each other for thousands of years. It's only recently we've developed the idea of caring about human life.

You're digging yourself into a very deep hole. Climb out while you still can.

He never said killing was good. He was responding to you saying that killing other human beings was "not normal." He said: yes it is normal, people have been killing each other for thousands of years. It's only recently we've developed the idea of caring about human life.

What pit, the only pit I see is the mass amount of death penalty/killing supporters who are going to one day leave humanity extinct.

Just because their are a lot of smokers in today's society doesn't mean, I should start smoking. (an analogy to fight your killing argument).

Lilshu, was in the beginning saying killing is 'natural'. He also was saying that 'natural' things such as killing are okay. Now, he is saying 'natural' things are not okay. (this is a short way to summerize it all).

As far as caring for other human's go. We've started way to late and it is going to be the end of humanity i'm betting. If the Sun going Red-Giant won't kill us, humanity's wars will...

Its sad :P , i'm the only 'ultimate pascifist'. Might I ask, where do you stand evin290 and where do you stand thebasswizard on the death penalty/killing topic at hand.

~Sax Rocks1

What pit, the only pit I see is the mass amount of death penalty/killing supporters who are going to one day leave humanity extinct.

The death penalty won't leave humanity extinct - that's ridiculous. Only the most serious of law-breakers are faced with the death penalty.

Just because their are a lot of smokers in today's society doesn't mean, I should start smoking. (an analogy to fight your killing argument).

I'm not saying that you should. If you don't want to be an executioner, fine. :)

Lilshu, was in the beginning saying killing is 'natural'. He also was saying that 'natural' things such as killing are okay. Now, he is saying 'natural' things are not okay. (this is a short way to summerize it all).

No, he wasn't saying that "let's all go out and kill everybody because it's natural." He was saying that killing is a natural way of expunging the scum of the earth from this world and shouldn't be so harshly judged against. You're speaking of our lack of care for people (horrible people, mind you) dying as if we've committed the murder ourselves. Complete non-violence is not the answer.

As far as caring for other human's go. We've started way to late and it is going to be the end of humanity i'm betting. If the Sun going Red-Giant won't kill us, humanity's wars will...

But being opposed to war is very different from being opposed to the death penalty.

Its sad :P , i'm the only 'ultimate pascifist'.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were the only one in the world, let alone this forum... :P

Might I ask, where do you stand evin290 and where do you stand thebasswizard on the death penalty/killing topic at hand.

I happen to be opposed to it, but for a far different reason that you. I'm all for killing - but I think that that's not harsh enough a punishment, especially for people who commit such heinous crimes. I think a life in jail is far more suitable.

The death penalty won't leave humanity extinct - that's ridiculous. Only the most serious of law-breakers are faced with the death penalty.

I'm not saying that you should. If you don't want to be an executioner, fine. :D

No, he wasn't saying that "let's all go out and kill everybody because it's natural." He was saying that killing is a natural way of expunging the scum of the earth from this world and shouldn't be so harshly judged against. You're speaking of our lack of care for people (horrible people, mind you) dying as if we've committed the murder ourselves. Complete non-violence is not the answer.

But being opposed to war is very different from being opposed to the death penalty.

Its sad :lol: , i'm the only 'ultimate pascifist'.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were the only one in the world, let alone this forum... :blink:

Might I ask, where do you stand evin290 and where do you stand thebasswizard on the death penalty/killing topic at hand.

I happen to be opposed to it, but for a far different reason that you. I'm all for killing - but I think that that's not harsh enough a punishment, especially for people who commit such heinous crimes. I think a life in jail is far more suitable.

Death penalty alone won't cause the end of this earth...far from it, it will contribute however.

Because, the idea of killing is so embeded into our societies as normal and okay, We're going to have no trouble with killing our own species off. Its not bad enough what torture we put the earth through, Now we have to torture ourselves, the earth and we'll probably cause the extinctions of most other animals, birds and fish when we finish ourselves off.

*sigh*, If only we had seen it coming but, then again, I'm the only 'ultimate pascifist' in a world where if I were to kill someone its "okay" as long as i'm part of an army, i'm an executioner or i'm insane.

Life is short enough, We don't nead to shorten in even more by killing people.

One day because humanity thinks its alright to kill one another, we're going to end up with a nuclear war. There are already enough people who are silly enough to kill one another in war. I'm sure there are plenty who are silly enough to kill EVERYONE with a nuclear war.

I'm sorry to say but, I think its too late for humanity and that we will one day soon probably kill mostly everyone with a nuclear war. As lilshu and the other death penalty supporters have proven, they will not yeild to peace. Being peaceful is too hard for them since they can't control their own minds. Well, i'm glad that I have enough wit about me to control all of the resources at work in my mind. (You flame me and I will report your post, that means you death penalty supporters).

Well, I'm glad to get that out of way :P.

~Sax Rocks1

I am undecided on the death penalty for now. But my thoughts are...

If someone goes so far as to kill upwards of 10 people, they should die. A painful death? No. Just a quick death.

It all depends on what they have done I guess. If someone steals a candy bar, they don't deserve to die.

Oh, I don't know about that. I think people would still be happily killing each other if it wasn't so difficult in today's society.

As lilshu and the other death penalty supporters have proven, they will not yeild to peace. Being peaceful is too hard for them since they can't control their own minds.

At least you are good for some laughs... Can't control my mind? Quite the contrary, it is entirely due to the fact that I'm practical that I won't be the "ultimate pacifist"... If you were to meet me with a gun, I wouldn't kill you. I'm not a murderer, and I sincerely doubt that I ever will be.

Edited by mormril

Death penalty alone won't cause the end of this earth...far from it, it will contribute however.

What with the rising population, a few deaths could benefit the Earth. Kill some babies to save some tries, that's what I always say. (I don't actually say that.)

Because, the idea of killing is so embeded into our societies as normal and okay, We're going to have no trouble with killing our own species off. Its not bad enough what torture we put the earth through, Now we have to torture ourselves, the earth and we'll probably cause the extinctions of most other animals, birds and fish when we finish ourselves off.

It's not as though killing is allowed. It's against the law. Warfare demands it. If someone attacks us, and we don't strike back, we'll all be killed and they'd win. That's how war works. No matter how much you don't like killing, if it's your life at stake, you'd find it's a bit too precious to let go of so easily.

*sigh*, If only we had seen it coming but, then again, I'm the only 'ultimate pascifist' in a world where if I were to kill someone its "okay" as long as i'm part of an army, i'm an executioner or i'm insane.

Since when is it okay for insane people to kill other people?

Life is short enough, We don't nead to shorten in even more by killing people.

Killing other people doesn't shorten our lives if it extends them. In fact it does the opposite. Extends them.

One day because humanity thinks its alright to kill one another, we're going to end up with a nuclear war. There are already enough people who are silly enough to kill one another in war. I'm sure there are plenty who are silly enough to kill EVERYONE with a nuclear war.

That's why we have something called national defense. Nutjobs will kill everyone if we don't defend ourselves.

I'm sorry to say but, I think its too late for humanity and that we will one day soon probably kill mostly everyone with a nuclear war.

Again, only if we don't prevent it - which we can do by killing people willing to do that.

As lilshu and the other death penalty supporters have proven, they will not yeild to peace. Being peaceful is too hard for them since they can't control their own minds.

That's extremely rude and ridiculous. Just because they believe in something different from you doesn't mean they can't control their own minds. I'm insulted that you'd even say that.

Well, i'm glad that I have enough wit about me to control all of the resources at work in my mind.

Well, good for you. We're all proud of the fact that you have supreme control over your own intellect because you are, in fact, against the death penalty. Anyone who disagrees with you clearly is being brainwashed. [/sarcasm]

(You flame me and I will report your post, that means you death penalty supporters).

I've half a mind to flame you, just because of how rude you're being. You can't call people weak-willed and brainwashed and then expect them not to yell at you. :blink:

I'm just going to give up here because if I fight the three people against me right now with this post then its not going to be till the next month till I next post.

So, i'm just using this post to say, good luck everyone with fighting each other. I say you can't control your mind because you can't control your own instincts. Killing has come naturally too you as an instinct. Humanity's in-ability control their insticts of hunting/survival have led to thinking killing is alright and now, they can't control it. Their is no use for violence or killing. If you could only control yourselves and stop..

Evin, are you mentally unstable? Because, saying that killing babies is a good thing isn't really sane...

~Sax Rocks1 :blink: :lol: :D :P :) :heart: ^_^ :D :D

edit:If this topic doesn't close in the next month, i'll be back to fight in that next month...

:P :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :)

Edited by Sax Rocks1

I'm just going to give up here because if I fight the three people against me right now with this post then its not going to be till the next month till I next post.

So, i'm just using this post to say, good luck everyone with fighting each other.

I'm sorry. I'd have liked to hear you try and counter my arguments. :blink:

I say you can't control your mind because you can't control your own instincts. Killing has come naturally too you as an instinct. Humanity's in-ability control their insticts of hunting/survival have led to thinking killing is alright and now, they can't control it.

If people lishu and such can't control their wild instinct to kill, why aren't they out rampaging the streets, killing civilians randomly? It's because your argument doesn't make sense. It's not they're out of control, it's just a difference of opinion. You happen to value human life above all no matter what the circumstances are. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they're savages or anything; it's downright mean of you to say so.

Their is no use for violence or killing.

Yes there is. There's plenty use for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have its uses. It exists in our instincts for a reason - because violence is one way we protect ourselves.

If you could only control yourselves and stop..

Again, it's hardly about control. It's not as though we're all killing everything in sight. Just because people aren't as vehemently opposed to killing as you do doesn't mean that they like it when people die.

Evin, are you mentally unstable? Because, saying that killing babies is a good thing isn't really sane...

I guess my answer would be no.

(I don't actually say that.)

Parentheses don't mean "do not read this".

Edited by Evin290

The death penalty will always be legal. It has to be.

Did you know that the same drug used to anesthetize you during surgery is used to kill people?

The death penalty will always be legal. It has to be.

Wait... why? Why will it always be legal and why does it have to be? And by the way, it's currently only legal in a handful of countries.

Edited by Evin290

So, i'm just using this post to say, good luck everyone with fighting each other.

I'm sorry. I'd have liked to hear you try and counter my arguments. :D

I say you can't control your mind because you can't control your own instincts. Killing has come naturally too you as an instinct. Humanity's in-ability control their insticts of hunting/survival have led to thinking killing is alright and now, they can't control it.

If people lishu and such can't control their wild instinct to kill, why aren't they out rampaging the streets, killing civilians randomly? It's because your argument doesn't make sense. It's not they're out of control, it's just a difference of opinion. You happen to value human life above all no matter what the circumstances are. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they're savages or anything; it's downright mean of you to say so.

Their is no use for violence or killing.

Yes there is. There's plenty use for it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have its uses. It exists in our instincts for a reason - because violence is one way we protect ourselves.

If you could only control yourselves and stop..

Again, it's hardly about control. It's not as though we're all killing everything in sight. Just because people aren't as vehemently opposed to killing as you do doesn't mean that they like it when people die.

I guess my answer would be no.

(I don't actually say that.)

Parentheses don't mean "do not read this".

Well, the babies thing is a giant relief.

We May not be killing everything in sight yet, we are still killing when we don't nead to or should have to.

I never said how much or how little control humanity has over its insticts :D...

I didn't see that edit with the parentheses...

Also, I'll be back to counter your arguments in around...a month...:D...

So please create some good ones! :P! Your doing great so far!

~Sax Rocks1 ;)

We May not be killing everything in sight yet, we are still killing when we don't nead to or should have to.

Because others aren't willing not to kill, we cannot give it up - we need to be able to protect ourselves.

I never said how much or how little control humanity has over its insticts :) ...

Yes you did.

I say you can't control your mind because you can't control your own instincts

You said that humanity has so little control over its instincts that humans cannot control their own minds.

I didn't see that edit with the parentheses...

It wasn't an edit. They were there the whole time. (Read more carefully :P )

Also, I'll be back to counter your arguments in around...a month... :xd: ...

See you then.

So please create some good ones! :D ! Your doing great so far!

Clearly.

Plain and simple...it works...you know...texas use's the death penalty more than anybody... and guess what...there crime rate is also is the lowest in the U.S.A.

So, i'm just using this post to say, good luck everyone with fighting each other. I say you can't control your mind because you can't control your own instincts. Killing has come naturally too you as an instinct. Humanity's in-ability control their insticts of hunting/survival have led to thinking killing is alright and now, they can't control it. Their is no use for violence or killing. If you could only control yourselves and stop..

Dude, I haven't killed anybody in my entire life... But oh well... whatever I guess. :)

Top 3 causes of death in people on death row (in order):

1)Old age

2)Suicide

3)Execution

Something to be said about that maybe?

Regards,

H7