Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRC

Updated: Title Changes For Some Guides

My suggestion is straightforward and should be easy to understand. I’ve noticed two problems with two titles of two guides (one is a set of guides).

Zanaris City Guide

On Sal’s Realm, the city guide is called, “lThe Lost City of Zanaris”. While it is true it is a lost city, the “The Lost City of” is unnecessary and makes it harder to find when searching through the city list. A very large quantity of members knows the city as Zanaris. Plus, the official area guide on runescape.com calls the city as Zanaris. My suggestion is one of the following.

1. Remove “The Lost City of” in the city list and alphabetize it down at the bottom under Z and not L, along with removing it from the guide title.

2. Change the title and city list name to Zanaris (The Lost City) and classify it under Z in ABC order.

The Myreque trilogy

There was already a problem with finding the guide in this topic. Although there was only one issue, it can easily happen again. The beginnings of “Myreque Part ##” for the guides, In Search of the Myreque, In Aid of the Myreque, and Darkness of Hallowvale are really unnecessary. Again, it makes the guides more difficult to find. My suggestion is one of the following.

1. Remove “Myreque Part ##” from the titles and re-alphabetize the guides, just the way they are in the quest booklet.

2. Re-alphabetize the guides but add “Myreque Part ##” in parentheses after the guide titles. EXAMPLE: Darkness of Hallowvale (Myreqye Part 3).

That is my suggestion. I support #2 for both suggestions, but I don't care which is implented, as long as one is. Comments? :D

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Change the title and city list name to Zanaris (The Lost City) and classify it under Z in ABC order.
Changing it to "Zanaris, The Lost City of" would make more sense IMO.

I support both changes. On the first one either the first option or my option would be fine, and for the second one I think that the second option would be better. :D

I suppose, but the "of" could really be dropped off. It would work both ways, such as "Zanaris, The Lost City" or "The Lost City, Zanaris" (although this suggestion is mainly about moving Zanaris to the bottom list under Z).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the support. :P

The zanaris one especially, it happened to me. I was looking through the z's and couldn't find it. Somehow I managed to see zanaris in parenthesis.

So I support.

I suppose, but the "of" could really be dropped off. It would work both ways, such as "Zanaris, The Lost City" or "The Lost City, Zanaris" (although this suggestion is mainly about moving Zanaris to the bottom list under Z).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the support. :P

Yeah, but like if your name is John S. Doe, your name would show up as Doe, John S. The S isn't exactly important, but it still shows up... :/

I'll shut up now. :glasses:

The zanaris one especially, it happened to me. I was looking through the z's and couldn't find it. Somehow I managed to see zanaris in parenthesis.

So I support.

Thank you; I have the same problem too. :P

Yeah, but like if your name is John S. Doe, your name would show up as Doe, John S. The S isn't exactly important, but it still shows up... :/

I'll shut up now. :P

That’s a bit different. The S is part of the name, “of” is really not part of the name. Heck, “The Lost City” isn’t part of the name according to the Runescape Area guides. It is just used as an adjective throughout the guide. Still, I think “The Lost City” might be useful if still mentioned in the title.

You don’t have to shut up. Speak up and be free! :glasses:

Good idea, I like it. Anything to make things easier to use or find is a nice addition, so I'll get these things changed ASAP. :P

I don't get the Myreque trilogy suggestion. Wouldn't it be easier for people to look for Myreque Pt. I, II, and III than the actual titles? It's so much more convenient to have them side by side if you're doing them consecutively. I'd rather go one space from II to III instead of from the i's to the d's.

The Zanaris suggestion seems nice enough but when I left RS, that city meant very little to anyone so I never really needed a city guide. Other people seem to like it though.

Good idea, I like it. Anything to make things easier to use or find is a nice addition, so I'll get these things changed ASAP. :D

Thank you - make it snappy! :beret:

I don't get the Myreque trilogy suggestion. Wouldn't it be easier for people to look for Myreque Pt. I, II, and III than the actual titles? It's so much more convenient to have them side by side if you're doing them consecutively. I'd rather go one space from II to III instead of from the i's to the d's.

Well, that’s not how it is organized in the Runescape quest booklet, which is what most people follow when looking for quests. :D Plus, their quest names do not start with “Myreque Part ##”. First timers to Sal’s looking at quests would have a more difficult time finding the names since they are organized under “M” and not “I” and “D”. Personally, I am more familiar with their official quest name than a different addition in front of it changing its place in ABC order.

I feel we should use the same names, in the same order as the ingame quest list.

I just viewed the quest guide list and the city guide list. My suggestions were implanted; thank you very much, Sal. :deformed: However, there is one more problem. “A Tail of Two Cats” and “A Soul's Bane” are organized under “A”. While it is true that for a while, Jagex had those quests organized under “A”, they do not anymore and are organized under T and S, like this image below.

52nsuq0.png