Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arianna

The Dragonfire Shield

Great update! I think it's a very good shield for PKing. I also noticed and I think everyone else did, too that Jagex are really improving that skill.

Yay, I'm glad they've made something for higher levels, even though I'm not one. But this will be interesting, I'll get it someday...

And this has to be, like, the first graphical update that I enjoy! Looks very nice now. :D I saw the pictures, wasn't sure what it was! I was like, 'Wow! Is this some part of the Wildy I've never seen? It looks awesome!' :(

Nice update, time to go dragon hunting!!:(

And I love the defense requirement.

Really cool! The only thing I don't like is that I have 50 blue dragons to kill yet for my slayer task...they're gonig to be packed for awhile. :(

EDIT: Oh, and while doing the first part of my slayer assignment last night I had thought: "They should create some way to upgrade the anti-dragonfire shield (like rune kite) so that it can also defend from dragonfire. Like doing a quest involving dragons that allowed you to create or aquire some sort of enamel to cover your rune kite shield with." Kind of funny.

Edited by 123man

If they are tradable, and you somehow get scamed, all you need to do is get attacked by a dragon 50 times, and your good.

Great update! :(

The skeletal wyverns are a good source of high-quality drops, including draconic visages and granite platelegs.
Draconic visages are rare drops from dragons and skeletal wyverns.

Anti-dragonbreath shield

Draconic visage

how do i get these?

woah......this dragonfire shield ends up giving almost as much bonuses as a rune pl8? :( wow.........anyway, does anyone know how much the dragonfire can hit? it may become incredibly popular, but i doubt many people will be able to obtain it. 1.25mil or the requirement of 90 smithing to be able to get one? ahh well, lots of high lvled, powerful things this month......

p.s. ^^^^^^ you can get anti d shield from the duke of lumbridge "in his study pacing(from Hans)", and you get the draconic visage from dragons and skeletal wyverns, but they are considered a rare drop...^^^^^^

Edited by Artemis(Fowl)

Maybe it will be tradeable until it gets hit by dragonbreath and stores energy.
This is what someone quoted a mod as saying on the official forums. And it was also said that when you drop a charged shield it becomes uncharged. I think the importance of that would be if you get killed with it in the wilderness a person could pick up your now uncharged shield.

Seems it's lucky I got my Def up to 75 then, eh? :(

I have gotta buy one, fully charge it, and I'll have a new favourite shield :(

Yowzers.. I can hardly wait to get one, but I wonder if they didn't go a bit overboard here...

I suppose I no longer have to waste my time trying to get a rune defender.. nor do I have to fantasize about a 3rd age kite..

Maybe it will be tradeable until it gets hit by dragonbreath and stores energy.
This is what someone quoted a mod as saying on the official forums. And it was also said that when you drop a charged shield it becomes uncharged. I think the importance of that would be if you get killed with it in the wilderness a person could pick up your now uncharged shield.

I didn't even read the official forums today! :( I didn't know someone else said the same.

Rats :( I need to get 75 defense now! Oh well, I never kill dragons anymore. But a shield with a special...JaGex out did themselves :(

Well the visage must be a very rare drop unless is the most valuable then it would help with a ring of wealth

and i just saw someone with a dragonfire shield with the visage at castle wars his rs name is 1st legion3

Edited by JB8514

75 defence and dragon-type slayer tasks are finally worth it. :/

Maybe with the shield,range wouldn't be "overpowered" anymore?

Edited by luckyx777

Yowzers.. I can hardly wait to get one, but I wonder if they didn't go a bit overboard here...

I suppose I no longer have to waste my time trying to get a rune defender.. nor do I have to fantasize about a 3rd age kite..

Why? From the sounds of it, the dragon visage is not easy to get. It'll probably remain expensive for a long time.

Also, Mod Ash said on the forums that only Adult Black Dragons, Iron, Steel, KBD (I think :/), and Skeletal Wyverns drop the visage. So all those folks crowding the blue dragons are just wasting their time!

Why? From the sounds of it, the dragon visage is not easy to get. It'll probably remain expensive for a long time.

Also, Mod Ash said on the forums that only Adult Black Dragons, Iron, Steel, KBD (I think :glasses:), and Skeletal Wyverns drop the visage. So all those folks crowding the blue dragons are just wasting their time!

:/ I have been killing blues for a while now. Thanks though.

Edited by Nitram Noj