Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Dragon Slayer - 100% Complete

Skills Able to defeat a level 83 Dragon. See the [#13]Fighting the Dragon[#13/end] section my level and item recommendations.

Firstly, you're missing the colon after "Skills". Lastly, "my" doesn't make sense. Do you mean "by?"

What You Need: A Wizard's Mind Bomb, Silk, Lobster Pot, an Unfired Bowl, 12,000gp (or 2,000gp if your magic level is 31 or higher with a Wizard's Mind Bomb), an Anti Dragon Shield, 3 Planks, 90 Steel Nails and a Hammer.

"Anti dragon" is a hyphenated word.

Quest Obtained Items: Maze key, Anti dragon shield, the coloured keys, 3 map pieces.

Recommended Items: Good food such as lobsters or swordfish, some decent armour, a few magic or ranged attacks (if you are paying 10,000gp, they are not needed), a weapon and teleport runes if you can teleport.

It says I need 12,000 coins in "Required Items."

Tell Oziach that the Guild Master told you about him, and the rune platemail. Oziach wants you to prove yourself, by slaying the legendary Elvarg the Dragon. Ask if there is anything you need, and Oziach recommends a dragonfire shield.

The expensive 17M shield? :) I think you mean anti-dragon shield.

Dragons breathe harmful fire, or course!

Typo, "of course"

The Anti Dragon Shield

[#4]To fight a dangerous dragon, you will need a good shield to protect you from the dangerous fire breath. The Duke Horacio of Lumbridge has the anti dragonfire shield that you need. To get to Lumbridge easily cast the Home Teleport spell, and you will arrive at the courtyard of the palace. The Duke is located on the second floor of his castle. After a chat, you will recieve the anti dragon shield. Take care of it!

Reword: To fight a dangerous dragon, you will need a good shield to protect you from the dangerous fire breath. Duke Horacio of Lumbridge has the anti-dragon shield that you will need. To get to Lumbridge, easily cast the Home Teleport spell and you will arrive at the courtyard of the castle. The Duke is located on the second floor of his castle. After a chat, you will receive the anti-dragon shield. Take care of it.

This is the hardest map piece to obtain, as it requires killing powerful demon.

…"as it requires killing a powerful demon."

You do not need the anti dragon shield to fight the demon.

Now you are prepared with your equipment, it's time to get the map piece. The map piece is found in Melzar's Maze, and you need the Maze Key that was given to you earlier by Oziach to enter the maze. The maze can be found by following the map above. Once you arrive, use the maze key with the door to enter. If you have lost your maze key, go and talk to the Guild Master to get another.

Reword: Now that you are prepared with your equipment, it's time to get the map piece. The map piece is found in Melzar's Maze, and you'll need the Maze Key that was given to you earlier by Oziach to enter the maze. The maze can be found by following the map above. Once you arrive, use the maze key with the door to enter. If you have lost your maze key, return to the Guild Master and ask him for another.

Now, you need to kill the giant rats in the room until they drop a red key. Once you have the red key, use it with the door in the northwest corner of the room and climb up the ladder.

Now, kill the ghosts until they drop an orange key. Once it has been dropped, pick it up and use it on the door second from the north on the east wall, heading up a ladder in the small room after the door.

Now, kill the skeletons until they drop a yellow key, which you need to use on the southwest door. Next, head down the next three ladders.

Now you will need to kill zombies until they drop a blue key. Use this with the blue painted door and you will enter a room.

Vary your word choices and other grammatical errors. Reword:

Now, you'll need to kill the giant rats in the room until one of them drops a red key. Once you have the red key, use it with the door in the northwest corner of the room and climb the ladder.

Next, kill the ghosts until they drop an orange key. Once the key is dropped, pick it up and use it on the door second from the north on the east wall. Head up the ladder in the small room after opening the door.

After that, kill the skeletons until they drop a yellow key, which you'll need to use to open the southwest door. Next, head down the next three ladders.

Finally, you'll enter a room with many zombies. Begin to kill zombies until they drop a blue key. Use the key with the blue painted door and you will enter a new room.

The holder of the second map piece is the Oracle. He can be found on the Ice Mountain. Follow the map above. His location is the yellow circle. Once you arrive, bring up the subject of the map piece.

Its name is "Ice Mountain." It is not "the Ice Mountain."

He says you needseveral items in order to enter a room with the map piece inside. The following items are needed:

"He says you'll need…"

Wizard's Mind Bomb - bought from the Falador pub for 3gp.

Lobster Pot - Can be bought from the fishing shops in Port Sarim and Catherby.

Unfired Bowl - made by using soft clay on a pottery wheel and selecting bowl.

Silk - it costs 32gp in a General Store, 2gp from the Silk Trader in Al Kharid if you haggle, and 30gp from the Clothing Store in Varrock.

Well, you can remove the "Can be" since it isn't the same as featured with the Wizard's Mind Bomb. I'm not sure if you are just varying your sentences, which is a good thing, but meh, I guess it isn't a big deal. Change if you would like.

Once you have all of those items, head into the Dwarven Mines, which can be seen on the map above. Climb down the ladder, and head the room circled in yellow on the map below.

Reword last sentence: Climb down the ladder and head into the room, circled in yellow, on the map below.

@Below: I think Definition deserves credit. Without him, I would have to wait for someone else to post before I could post. In a way, he did help with the guide. :P

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Mrc went over the quote limit and can't double post, so I'm posting this for him. This is a really thought out guide, and most people who use the guides look for a freeplay one. Like myself when I first came here.

------------

We saved the easiest till last! The third map piece requires you simply to have 10,000gp if you don't have level 31 or more magic, or one law and air rune if you have 33 or more magic. If your magic level is 31 or 32, bring a Wizard's Mind Bomb, to help boost your magic level. If you are not paying 10,000gp, some magic or ranged attacks are needed. Once you have all the required items, head to the Port Sarim jail. Following the map below will bring you there.

You said in the beginning it was 12,000 coins. Reword the money amounts as you please: We've saved the easiest for last! The third map piece requires you simply to have 12,000gp if you don't have level-31 Magic or higher. Alternatively, if you have level-33 Magic or higher, you'll need one law rune and one air rune. If you magic level is 31 or 32, bring a Wizard's Mind Bomb to help boost your magic level. If you are not paying the 12,000gp, items for magic or ranged attacks are needed. Once you have all the required items, head to the Port Sarim jail. Following the map below will bring you there.

If you have brought magic or range attack and your telekinetic grab runes (with a wizards' mind bomb if your magic level is 31 or 32), start shooting your spells or arrows at Wormbrain until he is dead. Once he is finished off, cast yout telekinetic grab spell then click on the map piece. Congratulations!

"your"

If you have brought 10,000gp, simply talk to Wormbrain and buy the map piece for a hefty price of 10,000 coins! Congratulations!

I'm too confused. 10,000 or 12,000.

Now you have retrieved all of the Crandor map pieces, you need a boat to get to the Island! Klarensein Port Sarim (where you found Wormbrain) is the answer to your prayers. Follow the map below and Klarense is in the yellow circle.

"Now that you've retrieved…"

Talk to him about buying the boat, and he will put a 2,000gp price tag on the boat.

Okay, forget all those errors with money. Now I know. :) Still, some errors remain where money was mentioned, so fix those.

Kitting up and getting to Crandor

Typo? I'm not sure what the word is or what you're trying to say.

If you use the map pieces with each other, they will turn into a Crandor map. For this next part, you'll need to talk to Ned, who can be found in his rope shop in Draynor.

There is no official rope store. I would reword to: …who can be found in his house in Draynor Village.

Now, you need ro prepare your equipment for killing the dragon. Here is a detailed list of things you will need to fight Elvarg:

"to"

The rune armour can be replaced with adamant armour, as can the weapon. An amulet of power and strength will help a lot, too. Bringing a cape will also provide a small yet precious defence bonus. Do not forget the anti dragon shield, or you are as good as dead! Here is a picture of somebody who forgot their shield:

1. "Bringing a cape will also provide a small, yet precious, defense bonus.

2. "Anti dragon" is a hyphenated word.

Once you've headed down into the volcano, go southeast for a while until you see a gate.

Not anymore.

1ed8a2a7.png

After a long battle, Elvarg will hopefully be defeated. If it's the latter, you will cut off the dragon's head. [#18]You you'll need to find your way back to Oziach, and after talking to him, congratulations, quest complete!

Remove the "You."

Ability to wear a Rune Plate Mail and Dragon Leatherbody once you reach the requirements (40 Defense for Platemail, 40 Ranged for Leatherbody).

40 Defense is also needed for body.

Upon completion of the quest, you will have the ability to buy and wield the rune platemail. You can buy it cheap from players or expensive from Ozaich for 86,500gp! As you can see, the platemail's stats are quite impressive!

Until now, you've spelled it Oziach.

As well as the rune platemail, the green dragonhide body can be worn upon completion of this adventure. As the stats below clearly state, dragonhide provides excellent magic protection. You can buy a green dragonhide body from Ozaich, or from another player.

How much does it cost, the body? Be fair between the rune and the body. Also, until now, you've spelled it Oziach.

Problem 1: Go to Ozaich and talk to him about the platemail.

Problem 2: Talk to Duke Horacio in the Lumbridge Castle to recieve an anti dragon shield.

Problem 3: Work your way through the maze and kill the lesser demon to get the first map piece.

Problem 4: Go to the Dwarven Mines with the items, and enter a room to obtain the second map piece.

Problem 5: Go to Port Sarim jail where you will find Wormbrain and obtain the third map piece.

Problem 6: Fix the Lady Lumbridge.

Problem 7: Take the cut off head to Ozaich to recieve to complete the quest!

Problem 1: Spelled Oziach or Ozaich? Majority of guide is Oziach.

Problem 2: I before E, except after C [and a bunch of other acceptations that are not in the cool rhyme] :P - should be "receive"

Problem 3: I know this is the fast quest walkthrough, but that is WAY to broad. Just simply say, Kill ghost until a key is dropped, open [whatever door].

Problem 4: Which room?

Problem 5: Give little information on how you get the piece. How do you kill him, and info on cash?

Problem 6: How do you fix her?

Problem 7: Oziach and "receive"

-----

I think that is everything. Great guide, Johnny. I loved it. :aware:

Edited by Definition

Looks great! :) As said before, it's extremely easy to follow and looks like it will be very helpful to anyone using it to finish the quest -- the maps and images really give it the pizzaz the guide needs. Great work! :)

-Accepted- :)

I'm glad you liked it! :D It's been fun to write!

Thanks guys for that proofreading. There was an issue with the 10,000 and 12,000gp. The thing is you need 10,000 to buy the map piece, and 2000 to repair the boat. :D

I think the fast quest walkthrough is fine. People don't want tonnes of information if they're using it. They want a challenge.

Looks great! :mad: As said before, it's extremely easy to follow and looks like it will be very helpful to anyone using it to finish the quest -- the maps and images really give it the pizzaz the guide needs. Great work! :P

-Accepted- :P

I'm glad you liked it! :king: It's been fun to write!

Thanks guys for that proofreading. There was an issue with the 10,000 and 12,000gp. The thing is you need 10,000 to buy the map piece, and 2000 to repair the boat. :king:

I think the fast quest walkthrough is fine. People don't want tonnes of information if they're using it. They want a challenge.

It takes 2000 to buy the boat, not repair it.

Gratz on getting your guide accepted, it's very nice. :king:

It should also be noted that once you enter crandor on the boat that you fixed up, you can immediately use the secret panel to get from karamaja and crandor more easily.

Nice guide :aware:

Wow, this quest has changed since i did it....

Gratz on getting your guide accepted, it's very nice. :D

Thanks! :rolleyes:

It should also be noted that once you enter crandor on the boat that you fixed up, you can immediately use the secret panel to get from karamaja and crandor more easily.

Nice guide :/

Thank you. I will add that little note. :/

Wow, this quest has changed since i did it....

I know, it has changed a lot since the Crandor graphics update.

Ask him about the Rune Platemail. It seems a friend named Oziach can help you. [/b].
Tell Oziach that the Guild Master told you about him, and the rune platemail.

You should remain consistent on whether or not you capitalize Rune Platemail. Most of them are not capitalized, so I suggest that you just uncapitalize the first example.

It is a very nice guide, well-written as always.

Dunno if someone has mentioned this but in your suggested "What to wear" pic your wearing a rune plate..

:)

So maybe change to rune chain? or something, because if you DOING dragon slayer, you cannot wear the plate, as suggested in the pic. :cute:

Dunno if someone has mentioned this but in your suggested "What to wear" pic your wearing a rune plate..

:cute:

So maybe change to rune chain? or something, because if you DOING dragon slayer, you cannot wear the plate, as suggested in the pic. :huh:

exactly what i was thinking .. same with quest cape

cant be doing the quest and have a quest cape on :)

:D

So maybe change to rune chain? or something, because if you DOING dragon slayer, you cannot wear the plate, as suggested in the pic. :wub:

exactly what i was thinking .. same with quest cape

cant be doing the quest and have a quest cape on :wub:

This has already been said. It says, "Equipment similar to this."

Edited by Hawk

:P

So maybe change to rune chain? or something, because if you DOING dragon slayer, you cannot wear the plate, as suggested in the pic. :wub:

Already mentioned, by Sal.

As for the rune Plate (and cape) issue, I don't think it's that big of a deal. You said "Equipment similar to this" which sort of implies that you don't need to have the same stuff to fight the dragon. But what about a "fast quest walkthrough" section?

This guide should include a way to beat it as a range or mage if possible

With range, the quest is very hard unless you use the pheonix crossbow, which is not nearly good enough.

As for magic, dragons have very good magic defence.

It is good. :P I still think that Quest Cape and Rune Platebody picture is misleading, but it says similar. How crude for F2P to show all your Quest Cape Achievements :)

Anyways, you should mention that both Anti-Dragon Shield and Dragonfire Shield (members') will protect from dragon's fire (guess anyone with 75 defence has done Dragon Slayer?) :wub:

You can still have better crossbow in members'?

By the way, your Lesser Demon picture is an old one.

Here's new one:

lesserdemonqj8.gif

[IMG=http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3228/lesserdemonqj8.gif]

Taken from Monster Database, posted by Colinross.

Edited by Freedom

If somebody lends me some money or a rune chainbody or adamant platebody, I will change that picture! :wub: I have adjusted it a little now, to make it look a little more freeplayer-ish. PLEASE, no more comments about it. It isn't that big of a deal.

I will mention a note on the other shield.

This guide is aimed at Freeplayers. I don't think it's necessary to add magic and range methods for killing the dragon, unless anybody will do it for me. :)

I will remove the lesser demon picture.

There are a few mistakes. Firstly, you get the maze key back from Oziach. Secondly, I thought Rune PlateMail was 84,500 gp at Oziach's?

There are a few mistakes. Firstly, you get the maze key back from Oziach. Secondly, I thought Rune PlateMail was 84,500 gp at Oziach's?

this is false when they updated crandor they also updated some things about the quest, you now get the maze key from the guild master.

There is just one problem with the guide...

In the pic of what to wear when you fight elvarg, you show somebody wearing a rune platebody.....

Great job on everything else.

There is just one problem with the guide...

In the pic of what to wear when you fight elvarg, you show somebody wearing a rune platebody.....

Great job on everything else.

Haha, funny! ^_^

No seriously, read previous posts in this thread. ^_^

You'll find these images useful (feel free to make them transparent as I can't - don't have Paint)

woot3al4.png

[img=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4632/woot3al4.png]

wootas8.png (Melzar's Map Piece)

[img=http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2522/wootas8.png]

wootay4.png (Thelzar's Map Piece)

[img=http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1387/wootay4.png]

wootku8.png {Lozar's Map Piece)

[img=http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1723/wootku8.png]

wootsa8.png (Completed map)

[img=http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6902/wootsa8.png]

Cutscene pics:

woot1.png

woot2.png

[img=http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s257/MetroMattums/woot2.png]

[img=http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s257/MetroMattums/woot1-1.png]

woot-1.png

[img=http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s257/MetroMattums/woot-1.png]

wootkw1.png (Picture of chest room)

[img=http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7053/wootkw1.png]

Now for some minor corrections:

Tell Oziach that the Guild Master told you about him, and the rune platemail. Oziach wants you to prove yourself, by slaying the legendary Elvarg the Dragon. Ask if there is anything you need, and Oziach recommends an anti-dragon shield. Dragons breathe harmful fire, of course! This mother dragon called Elvarg can be found on Crandor Isle, but you will need a map to follow to know how to get there. The map has been torn into 3 pieces, which you will need to find. Oziach will now tell you that the Guild Master has the key to Melzar's Maze. [#3]Find your way back to the start of the quest and talk to the Guild Master. He will give you a maze key!

Make note of the fact that the map was split into three by three mages: Melzar, Thalzar and Lozar. These three hid the map pieces and it is essential to find them again to get to Crandor Isle.

[#7]The holder of the second map piece is the Oracle. He can be found on Ice Mountain. Follow the map above. His location is the yellow circle. Once you arrive, bring up the subject of the map piece.

The oracle is a she, you forgot to update this bit. :aware:

[#14]Once you're all kitted up, head to Ned at the Lady Lumbridge. Go below the deck and you will set sail for Crandor! Unfortunately, the boat will crash, but the good thing is that everybody is okay. [#15]Now, make your way to the cave entrance by following the map below.

Actually, the boat doesn't crash, it's set on fire by Elvarg. And Cabin Boy Jenkins dies. :beret: Anyway, when you arrive at the shores of Crandor, Ned will have mysteriously disappeared too.

[#16]Now is the time to take a dose of strength potion, if you have one. Wield your anti dragon shield and activate prayers. Once you're ready, head into the area and start attacking Elvarg. [#17]Don't let your hitpoints get too low!

Elvarg attacks with a mixture of magic and melee so Protect from Magic (37 prayer) is recommended. (Add this to the skill recommendations too.)

But well done on the guide Johnny. I hope this helps. :yay:

Edited by Viagro

Nice, thanks for those pictures. I have cropped and added all of them, apart from the picture of the scroll and map pieces. Could somebody make them transparent for me?

Also I have more great news, the equipment picture has been replaced with a new rune chain picture. :beret:

Whoops, forgot to add a picture of Elvarg's head:

woot1-1.png

Whoops, forgot to add a picture of Elvarg's head:

woot1-1.png

Haha, thanks. I'll be needing that transparentized, too. :beret:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.