Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Nearly 5000 Rs-classic Accounts Banned

As regular classic players will know the classic game was being seriously spoilt by players breaking rule 7. We won't let cheats spoil our games, so we are currently permanently banning nearly 5000 accounts which our system has flagged as using macro software in breach of our rules. RS-classic will be brought back online once that operation is complete.

We recommend all players make sure they are aware of our rules, which are there to keep the game enjoyable for our millions of players. We simply won't let a small minority spoil the game for everyone else. If you don't know the rules already then please make sure you Read them here!

As you know our focus these days is on the main RuneScape game which is far more advanced than RS-classic. The main reason we are keeping RS-classic online at all is to support some of our loyal players who have been with us for years and want to play the old version of the game they are used to. We've therefore decided the best way to stop the cheats just creating new accounts to cause trouble in RS-classic all over again, whilst still supporting the loyal players who have been playing RS-classic fairly for years, is to close RS-classic to new accounts. As such only accounts which have played RS-classic at least once in the last 6 months (since it went members only on August 3rd 2005) will be able to do so from now on. This allows the currently active players of RS-classic to continue playing, whilst keeping out the cheats trying to spoil it.

The latest and greatest version of RuneScape - which 99% of our players use - of course remains open to everyone (except rule breakers). It has much better anti-cheat technology and we will also be taking a strong stance against rule-breakers in the current version of the game, but without the need to restrict account signups.

I saw it.. It rox :) now ppl can see rs mods do do things

Wait, i thought you said that this wasn't important? :)

anyways, i didn't force you to post this. :)

On topic: it;s good that they finally do something about it. :s

When I saw that, I was like (words removed because they're a BIIIIT inappropriate :) )

That's a nice effort from Jagex, but hardcore cheaters won't be much scared from that. Only the "occasional" ones. :)

At last, maybe it's a sign of things to come in the current version of RS.

Whoa....5000 accounts! Mass slaughter...they lost a load of p2pers :)

0wnage, JaGeX Style! :)

If I was a member befor they did this and tried classic i would have been able to play it once again. :)

Yes! Now lets get to work on RS2! 5000 accounts...wow.

Some RS2 Macroers will have been banned if they also used macroing on RS2 :)

Best update in a while, good job I played RS classic for 5 minutes yesterday for the first time :)

No wonder I couln't get the to the Runescape HOmepage this morning :) . They were updating it!

W00t, goodbye autoers!

Now for some RS2 Action!

~Itch :)

thats pwns

Jagex you pwns dudes

also i think this could cause lesss lag?

its just me

NIce Job Jagex! And w00t! I played RSC yesterday. =) Just in time! I get to keep on playin it!

Whjo the heck still plays RSC? I mean come on! Theres nothing to gain from cheating in a game that no one really plays.

Some people don't like change or just like to play it every now and then, but the cheaters are what drained a lot of fun from it. :)

Phat prices in Classic will rise. :)

autoers are the ppl that use autorune?

I saw the history of autorune in a webpage.. its look like this isn't the fist superbann in rs

Whjo the heck still plays RSC? I mean come on! Theres nothing to gain from cheating in a game that no one really plays.

It's about 5000 less now! :) Nice going Jagex! This needs to happen in Runescape 2 now also...

take that you cheaters! and people who hadn't played rsc in the last 6 months..... luckily i had!

I don't see the point in paying to play rsc then cheating and getting banned, especially when there are no highscores to show off your skills in rsc. It's just pointless to cheat in it.

Edited by bob799

hackers are smarter than jagex... there is more, we are sure of that....

W e a r e g o i n g t o h u n t t h e m d o w n !

I remember similar posts by Jagex but those were in smaller numbers i think (less than 500) I remember the time that they posted the names of people who did it, and i was like wow.

But good job for Jagex i guess, giving the boot to those Hackers out there.

ROFLAMO!!!! I think it serves them right and any Automining sites should be shut down by Jagex.....with the law on their side, or good Runescape players whichever one is best.