Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moment

The Guide To Freeplay Safespots

The post where Mrc proofreaded.

Hey Mrc aren't you gonna be an English proffesor? Most of those things you wrote I can even understand. Nice and good work.

And sorry guys I didn't post for a week. Was at my grandma's.

Edited by Pinkytm

Wow pretty nice guide and seeing its completed, its great, considering loads of pictures. :unsure:

Wow pretty nice guide and seeing its completed, its great, considering loads of pictures. :king:

Thanks. I took a few, Pinkytm took a few, but Da Reefer Ranger took most of them. I mostly just edited the guide, making adjustments here and there.

Wow pretty nice guide and seeing its completed, its great, considering loads of pictures. :)

Thanks. I took a few, Pinkytm took a few, but Da Reefer Ranger took most of them. I mostly just edited the guide, making adjustments here and there.

And I was foreva complaining on tiny small mistakes. Oh guys good work. I feel like crying. All the stuff that happened throughout the guide. But now it is well done :) :yay:

Sal will probably wait till the next update to decide on this guide because there is already 6 or 7 guides in the accepted content forum.

-Ryan-

Edited by -Ryan-

I don't understand you? What do you mean?

In the accepted content, (the place where accepted guides go before they get put on the site) there is 10 guides already in there. Sal usually updates the site when there is 2-4 guides accepted. I was saying its about time for an update.

In the accepted content, (the place where accepted guides go before they get put on the site) there is 10 guides already in there. Sal usually updates the site when there is 2-4 guides accepted. I was saying its about time for an update.

Give him time. Coding 10 guides isn't exactly quick and easy.

Thats kinda what I meant too, he should make several smaller updates, because its too much work to try to code 10 guides at once.

Thats kinda what I meant too, he should make several smaller updates, because its too much work to try to code 10 guides at once.

Oh understood. Thanks for explaining.

BTW whats hard on coding a guide. If you use CSS you don't have to make the design again and again. So basically you just link it, and copy it.

I don't have all that much time to add gobs of guides to the site, so I just read through one or two each night and either accept them, comment on them, or close them, depending on the guide itself. I prefer to add at least two guides at a time so that there's mixed content being added to the site (a "something for everyone" kind of thing), but there's no limit to how many guides must/can be accepted before an update -- I just love watching certain members (ie. You :cute: ) suffer with the unknowingness, fear, and prospect of the impending doom of their guide not being accepted. Hence why it's been "complete" for ages but not accepted. :xd:

Anyways, nice guide! The pictures are great and definitely give a good idea of where each safespot is. The descriptions themselves are pretty easy to use to, and go well with the images. Excellent job, this will be a great resource for freeplayers looking for safespots. :D

-Accepted- :unsure:

-- I just love watching certain members (ie. You :cute: ) suffer with the unknowingness, fear, and prospect of the impending doom of their guide not being accepted. Hence why it's been "complete" for ages but not accepted. :xd:

-Accepted- :unsure:

Your a mean guy Sal. :D Thanks anyway.

I don't have all that much time to add gobs of guides to the site, so I just read through one or two each night and either accept them, comment on them, or close them, depending on the guide itself. I prefer to add at least two guides at a time so that there's mixed content being added to the site (a "something for everyone" kind of thing), but there's no limit to how many guides must/can be accepted before an update -- I just love watching certain members (ie. You :P ) suffer with the unknowingness, fear, and prospect of the impending doom of their guide not being accepted. Hence why it's been "complete" for ages but not accepted. :D

Anyways, nice guide! The pictures are great and definitely give a good idea of where each safespot is. The descriptions themselves are pretty easy to use to, and go well with the images. Excellent job, this will be a great resource for freeplayers looking for safespots. :P

-Accepted- :P

Took you long enough, it was completed even before the area updates :s. Then we updated it and updated it :o. But anyway, it's good for it to finally be accepted. Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, submitted content, and a big thanks for The Arch Archer/Ryan for taking over the guide when I was scammed like a nub :wub:.

Cheers! :ice:

The Al Kharid and Dwarfen mines still isn't covered, and we really should have those because it's great spots for low level mages, and rangers too. In Al kharid you can mage or powerrange from outside the mine, or just over the rocks. In the dwarfen mines there are king scorpions too, which is an extra challenge. I don't have f2p ranged gear to take pics, and i think that should be worn in the pics. :D But awesome guide, it will sure be extremely helpfull for many, many people. I have been toying with the idea of making a bigger guide with all safespots, f2p and p2p, with this guide as a starting point. But let's add this first - it's been waiting for way to long. :ice:

New safespot:

4qfqhpc.png

And yes, im wearing members only stuff so you might wanna take a new pic. :o

Morty, I don't think that scorpions need to be covered as they, contrary to popular belief, have a high ranged defence. I will add that picture you posted, I don't think it matters whether or not you have your p2p gear on.

Lordsam, I'll look into it.

Al Kharid scorpions should be added. I guess I just forgot about them, because it seems like one of the first spots I would have put in to the guide. I'll go take some pics.

EDIT: I decided not to be lazy and start taking care of my guide. Here is the Al Kharid Scorpions. I should have added that in the original 6 months ago...

[img=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1443/alkharidscorpionsem8.png]

alkharidscorpionsem8.png

Stand on the cliff above the mine and mage/range the scorpions. You can pick up your arrows, but it is a pain.

Edited by Da Reefer Ranger

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.