Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimmyticm

!metalheads Unite!

Raining Blood by Slayer currently...

...And Justice for All by Metallica is next.

I can't help but notice a distinct vacancy of Metallica listeners in here!

alot of people i know just dropped listening to metallica becouse of theyre latest album.

I mean really i didn't particulary like it but that can't change teh greatness of theyre earlier work!

also *cough*avatar*cough*

Anyone like hair metal at all? I think if you like heavy metal you might like Skid Row, they're hair metal but a bit of heavy metal, new stuff isn't really hair metal. And Motley Crue is ftw.

cant be king of the world,

when your slave to the grind

18 and life is a great song too!

\m/

Edited by jimmyticm

I have been waiting for a topic like this in all my time at Sal's!

Listening to freaking Cradle of Filth, Cthulu dawn, and after that it's a Children of Bodom Stockholm Knockout Live session. I still need to learn how to play Bodom After Midnight, the notes aren't that hard but I still keep messing up for some reason :cute:

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I hate Metallica, as of most 80's metal bands, I know they helped start what is known as some the the heaviest stuff yet for today, but then again, so did the Beatles XD

I have been waiting for a topic like this in all my time at Sal's!

Listening to freaking Cradle of Filth, Cthulu dawn, and after that it's a Children of Bodom Stockholm Knockout Live session. I still need to learn how to play Bodom After Midnight, the notes aren't that hard but I still keep messing up for some reason :cute:

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I hate Metallica, as of most 80's metal bands, I know they helped start what is known as some the the heaviest stuff yet for today, but then again, so did the Beatles XD

even though i like old 80's metal i gota admit you gota point there

COB Is awesome too

\m/

I made a metal interpretation video out of boredom. Yeah I know, nothing too high quality.

Contains some bad language: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bxy00hdyoLY

I cracked up at the 'CURSIVE!' part.

@Mr Metalhead- Today's metal... ick. These days metal is either that super extreme stuff that IMO is an annoyance, or nu-metal (self explanatory). 80's metal was awesome. How can you hate it? The 80's was the best decade for metal, period.

Listening to Madhouse by Anthrax

Today's metal... ick.

Well most of it sucks nowadays ^_^. Bands like Trivium and other metalcore bands are ruining the image. But thrash metal is making a come back! :D there are new bands out there which have some good stuff released.

Anyone like hair metal at all? I think if you like heavy metal you might like Skid Row, they're hair metal but a bit of heavy metal, new stuff isn't really hair metal. And Motley Crue is ftw.

I think most people know I like hair metal. :unsure:

Listening to Breakdown by Guns N' Roses, not really metal but oh well.

I listen to metal and hard rock.

some bands that i listen to:

Iron Maiden

Metallica

Guns n roses

Bruce Dickinson (solo)

Anthrax

AC/DC

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

Megadeth

Tenacious D---woo new band. more of a comedy band.

there are so many others but im listening to metallica now and i can't concentrate :unsure: lol

O yea, most metal today sucks. There are a few that a good, but most of it sucks and is annoying.

Tenacious D is more stoner metal. You're meant to listen to with a "pal". :unsure:

Scrolls Of The Megaloth - Mortification.

I made a metal interpretation video out of boredom. Yeah I know, nothing too high quality.

@Mr Metalhead- Today's metal... ick. These days metal is either that super extreme stuff that IMO is an annoyance, or nu-metal (self explanatory). 80's metal was awesome. How can you hate it? The 80's was the best decade for metal, period.

You may like that stuff , but I'm into way heavier things, I can still listen to those bands, I'm just not gonna like them very much. 80's stuff just isn't heavy enough for me, I like to hear insane guitar rifts and heavy vocals. Also, most 80's bands stay in the bounds of basic vocals, guitar, guitar, bass, drums. The kind of metal I listen to has other things in it that add something, like keyboards, or Elvinking's violin(yes, they actually make a violin catchy), and Dimmu Borgir or Rhapsody add in a crap load of other insturments that make their songs epic

Watch this Bodom vid and you may change you're opinon about the newer style of metal:

Watch this Bodom vid and you may change you're opinon about the newer style of metal:

That video was pure win. :(

I like that stuff anyway.

That video was pure win. :(

I like that stuff anyway.

THANK YOU! Fianlly somebody who agress with me that not all the newer styles of metal are crap!

OH yes, I'm supposed to put what I'm listening to currently :(

Job for a Cowboy-Bearing the Serphants Lamb

Tenacious D is more stoner metal. You're meant to listen to with a "pal". :(

Scrolls Of The Megaloth - Mortification.

Haha that's so true.

I'm listening to A Blessing In Tragedy by Darkest Hour.

I'll have to admit Bodom is one of the few newer bands that owns. I'm putting on Needled 24/7 now :(.

Edited by Assassin

Amon Amarth, Children of bodom, lamb of god. only a few of the good new bands

Im going to go see lamb of god in concert in a few weeks.

But yah 80's was the best time for metal

\m/

Yeah Children of Bodom is a good band, I'm so keen on there latest release but 'Follow the Reaper' or 'Hatebreeder' are good albums :D.

np- Iron Maiden- Ghost Of The Navigator?

Anyone listen to Black Label Society

\m/

I do. I got into them when a friend gave me their CD Shot To Hell. They are pretty awesome. Zakk Wylde is one amazing guitarist.

Human Sacrifice - Vengeance Rising

Edited by thebasswizard

I'm playing some Machine Head

None But My Own - Machine Head

Define "true" metalhead.

Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

Equal to it is probably Nightiwsh - Planet Hell

Stovokor. klingon.gifheadbang.gif

Yes, really.

Others I like:

- Iron Maiden

- AC/DC

- Metallica (before Jason got the boot)

- Black Sabbath

- KISS

- Danzig

- Anthrax

- Deep Purple

- Led Zepplin

- Cream

How is Children of Bodom a good metal band? I watched the YouTube vid linked from the previous page. It was so cliche, the same exact thing everyone else does. Look at the lyrics, they're so easy and have no dimension to them at all.

Listening to "Blood Fire Death" by Bathory.

- Metallica (before Jason got the boot)

I thought he quit on his own?

Im listening to "Dance of Death" atm by Iron Maiden.

A lot of people doubt the dance of death album, but i think it's very well recorded. The songs are some of the best that i have ever heard from maiden. It's just the album artwork that sucks.