Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimmyticm

!metalheads Unite!

Define "true" metalhead.

Well people who like metal music and generally dress the same as the bands :lol:. I don't really dress in all gothic black stuff to blend in with most metal fans. I think also it may be living the metal head life style, e.g. sex, drugs and rock and roll :lol:.

- Metallica (before Jason got the boot)

I thought he quit on his own?

He did and didn't. He quit only because of the other members pressuring him to leave etc. Watch 'Some kind of monster' it explains why :P.

I'm currently listening to Vader, nothing like death metal to dull your mood :aware:.

Define "true" metalhead.

Well people who like metal music and generally dress the same as the bands :lol:. I don't really dress in all gothic black stuff to blend in with most metal fans. I think also it may be living the metal head life style, e.g. sex, drugs and rock and roll :lol:.

He did and didn't. He quit only because of the other members pressuring him to leave etc. Watch 'Some kind of monster' it explains why :P.

I'm currently listening to Vader, nothing like death metal to dull your mood :aware:.

i saw that movie and I don't remember hearing anything about that.

k thanks.

np-"Blackened"--Metallica

It depends on who you talk to about it.

How is Children of Bodom a good metal band? I watched the YouTube vid linked from the previous page. It was so cliche, the same exact thing everyone else does. Look at the lyrics, they're so easy and have no dimension to them at all.

Listening to "Blood Fire Death" by Bathory.

I agree, COB is really overrated.

listening to Black Sabbath- The Mob Rules

dio ftw

Davidian by Machine Head :aware: the banned MTV video/song for having the iconic 'let freedom ring with the shotgun blast' lyric :lol:.

How is Children of Bodom a good metal band? I watched the YouTube vid linked from the previous page. It was so cliche, the same exact thing everyone else does. Look at the lyrics, they're so easy and have no dimension to them at all.

...Maybe because it's not all about the lyrics with all metal it's about style? And COB do NOT sound like most heavy metal band, they have serious talent, but then again most scandinavian heavy metal bands are some of the best(Note: This is death metal and black metal I'm talking about, not 80's hard rock)

anyway

Nightwish-dead to the world

...Maybe because it's not all about the lyrics with all metal it's about style? And COB do NOT sound like most heavy metal band, they have serious talent, but then again most scandinavian heavy metal bands are some of the best(Note: This is death metal and black metal I'm talking about, not 80's hard rock)

anyway

yah they don't sound like too many other things.

\m/

anyway

\m/

Listen to and watch that. Then go watch the Children of Bodom video. It's the same basic principal. Their style is copied from hundreds of other bands. They didn't even try.

I'll stick with songs that have dimension to them and aren't just "RAWR I'M ANGRY AND I USE THE 'F' WORD CONSTANTLY!" Because that's not what metal is about.

(Listening to "Suicide Grotesque" - Comatose Vigil)

Edited by L0rd Vega

anyway

\m/

Listen to and watch that. Then go watch the Children of Bodom video. It's the same basic principal. Their style is copied from hundreds of other bands. They didn't even try.

I'll stick with songs that have dimension to them and aren't just "RAWR I'M ANGRY AND I USE THE 'F' WORD CONSTANTLY!" Because that's not what metal is about.

(Listening to "Suicide Grotesque" - Comatose Vigil)

Ummm...hello? Metal like that is all about expressing rage, thats what the basic principle of the genre is, that's why it doesn't sound like pop or rap or other crap like that, that's why it's fast, hard hitting and brutal...

Forever-As I Lay Dying

Ummm...hello? Metal like that is all about expressing rage, thats what the basic principle of the genre is, that's why it doesn't sound like pop or rap or other crap like that, that's why it's fast, hard hitting and brutal...

Forever-As I Lay Dying

Hi.

Not all death metal is about "expressing rage." Besides, there are a lot of better ways to express yourself than copying other people, mindless screaming, and cursing. You can express rage in an intelligent way too, you know.

Edited by L0rd Vega

Forever-As I Lay Dying

Hi.

Not all death metal is about "expressing rage." Besides, there are a lot of better ways to express yourself than copying other people, mindless screaming, and cursing. You can express rage in an intelligent way too, you know.

You have a point there, I just like this style, seeing as I also grew up listining to it. Though they don't all copy each other, listen to the insturments in a, say, bodom song, then listen to the insturments in a Dimmu Borgir song like Progonies to the Great Apocolypse, but ignore the vocals.

Forever-As I Lay Dying

Hi.

You have a point there, I just like this style, seeing as I also grew up listining to it. Though they don't all copy each other, listen to the insturments in a, say, bodom song, then listen to the insturments in a Dimmu Borgir song like Progonies to the Great Apocolypse, but ignore the vocals.

I'll give them one thing, they use keyboards which isn't very common for death metal bands. But still, I don't think they have an original sound. It's not a bad sound though.

R2-D2 is the only true metal head

= Audio =

Lol true, :wub:

I don't listen to modern day metal it's.... Yuck. How can they classify that noise they play "music"? Bands such as slipnot and COB are just... Horrid. I prefer the old stuff such as Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC (why does no one ever notice the/?), Megadeath, Led Zeppelin etc.

I'm also a rock head as well and I'm in to most modern day rock as well as older stuff.

Currently listening to Fear of the dark - Iron Maiden.

-cosmic

= Audio =

Lol true, :holiday:

I don't listen to modern day metal it's.... Yuck. How can they classify that noise they play "music"? Bands such as slipnot and COB are just... Horrid. I prefer the old stuff such as Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC (why does no one ever notice the/?), Megadeath, Led Zeppelin etc.

I'm also a rock head as well and I'm in to most modern day rock as well as older stuff.

-cosmic

Ignore the vocals and tell me that COB are not talented musicians. And never put Slipnot and a real metal band in the same sentance.

Listening to Fixation On Plastics by The Red Chord.

Children of Bodom is alright.

sugar we're going down by fall out boy

I'm watching a live performance by Cannibal Corpse at the moment. They are playing I <censor> Blood. Man, Alex Webster is such a great bassist.

dood u r so hardkor fob iz a tru mettle abnd :devil:

Edited by thebasswizard

= Audio =

Lol true, :D

-cosmic

Ignore the vocals and tell me that COB are not talented musicians. And never put Slipnot and a real metal band in the same sentance.

Thank you so freaking much for that

I'm watching a live performance by Cannibal Corpse at the moment. They are playing I <censor> Blood. Man, Alex Webster is such a great bassist.

CC is kinda creepy XD, not that they aren't good, it's just their album covers...:xd:

Nightwish-The Siren

CC is kinda creepy XD, not that they aren't good, it's just their album covers...:xd:

Nightwish-The Siren

I like the album covers, thank you very much. :D

ehh i never liked Cannibal corpse, I allways thougth they tried to hard.but rendetions of there song as parlour music is funny.hold up il go find a link to it.

:devil:

Currently playing Tornado of Souls by Megadeth ^_^.

And never put Slipnot and a real metal band in the same sentance.

QFT ^_^

Also, make sure not to turn this into a "What Metal Song Are You Listening To?" thread. We already have a similar one in the Fun N' Games forum. So post them there :P

Any Behemoth listeners out there. They're a beastly blackened death metal band.

Define "true" metalhead.

Well people who like metal music and generally dress the same as the bands.

I like Behemoth, but do I dress like this?

Behemoth.jpg