Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostfoot

Gh0stf00t's And Troyg2005's F2p Pure/pker Guide. + EASL's PvP FAQ

Well there arn't 2 types of strength pures, its just that they wear different things, and I have added information about prayer for all the pures in there. And the only difference between a str pure and one with prayer is well... prayer, there is no reason for adding a whole new section for a str pure with prayer. How ever I will add a section on what a real prayer beast it (45 prayer and all combat styles).

The very first (original) post of this guide has been edited with all the new information. I will keep adding things to it.

Wouldn't a prayer beast equip a mace and holy symbol as well. Speaking of which, you don't mention amulets at all. Do you recommend different amulets for different pures.

Nice guide though.

It's pretty obvious that a strength amulet goes with a strength pure, and a magic amulet goes with a mage pure...

To evo---This is how I see it:

Low levels--The magic pure owns all.

Medium levels--the range pure owns

High levels--The strength pure owns

In my opinion, I think that overall, a strength/mage pure would do the best. But it might be a hassle to make for people who are short on cash. But it is worth it to me.

very nice guide ^_^ only suggestion is:

maybe group the different pures together like under hybrid put tank ranger and range/2h and other stuff..

also i want to mention theres another pure thats like atk/str pure, basically they have/must have 70+ atk 60+ str,

prayer: the best str/atk prayer there is in f2p

these are really good, only con for these is that their cb lvl would be high, therefore a tanker/ ranger/2h would have higher str/range than these.

therefore they can be beat, only bad thing is that they hit ALOT and hit fast too. The armor they wear include (ful rune for 40 def) or full dhide + scimmy

yo troy and ghost foot...............

wat do u think of a range 2h.

are they any good??

Yes I think they are very good for F2P pking. But now you have to time it perfectly for it though, but it's worth it to practice it.

I'd just like to give a tip for starter range/mage pures. If you're about level 13, train your range on the dark wizards at draynor (preferably with an accuracy amulet). Their robes make them vulnerable to ranging and they drop chaos and natures, which are not rare at all-just uncommon. I got 20 chaos from a single trip of wizard-massacring surviving on an inventory of shrimp. :D

PS Having some defense will help to block their magic attacks, but then you're no longer a pure, you're a tank. :o

Rune pures somtimes have 45 def and range tanks sometimes have 25 or 59 mage to K0 rune pures

That is only for member rune pures.

Range tanks have 25 mage for teleport, they don't have 59 mage to use fire blast because if they are wearing a rune chain then the magic won't hit well.

Actually rune chain does NOT weaken ur magic attack bonus but it DOES weaken ur magic defense bonus.

Rune pures somtimes have 45 def and range tanks sometimes have 25 or 59 mage to K0 rune pures

Range tanks have 25 mage for teleport, they don't have 59 mage to use fire blast because if they are wearing a rune chain then the magic won't hit well.

Actually rune chain does NOT weaken ur magic attack bonus but it DOES weaken ur magic defense bonus.

Try using a magic spell with a rune chain on, then take it off and use the same magic attack. The magic spell without the chain will hit more. It does weaken your magic attack.

Try using a magic spell with a rune chain on, then take it off and use the same magic attack. The magic spell without the chain will hit more. It does weaken your magic attack.

Only by a little,but it does weaken ur magic def bonus,right?

Just recently saw this while pking, noticed it's not in your guide:

Melee/magic pure

Stats:

attack:40

Strength:60+

Defence:1

Range:1

Magic:20, or 59 for bind/fire blast respectively

prayer:1,31,45

Basically, they wear monk/wizard robes, and attack with a scimitar. They can use 2hs to ko, and if their opponent runs, they can freeze them with bind or just kill them as they run using fire blast. They sometimes have prayer for ultimate strength/mystic might.

jsut some input into the rune chain and magic... it does affect your magic attack... but not as much as a plate... it does lower your magic defence... but again, not as much as rune plate.

Whats good about it that it doesn't lower your range attack. while still having a great defence from melee and range anyway

You did wrote alot text, some of it is right, but theres some mistakes.

1. RunePures normally have r2h in inv, or baxe.

2. 25 mage is sad, if you are pking whit pure, please dont be no honour.

3. Range/2hers cant have 40att 60str 60range, they need have str less than range, unless in high lvls. I mean, that 40 60 and 60range is melee based, it should be range based. I cant explain this very well, because i have bad english.

4. 40att in runepure, well, ppl think that this is good. Well, i can say that it isnt good. Even 60att doesnt hit to 50+ def, and many f2p players have that. Even hitting to runearmour and 40defence is hard, whit 60att. Think about, if cant hit whit 60att, 40att is more bad. I have experience about f2p runepures, so i know this thing.

Guide wasnt bad, but it could be better, if you add these things what i did say.

If anyone of you ppl feel that you need argument about things what i did say, please pm, dont spam on this topick.

1. Rune Pures 'sometimes' have these items in their inventory, but not alot of the time. Rune Pures don't work well in low level wilderness they work alot better in deep wild where you don't need to KO someone, just out last them. And thats the only reason people have 2hders... so that people wont run in low level wild.

2. If someone wants to tele its up to them. We cant tell them not to have it, its a personal choice.

3. Range/2hders can and normally do have Strength and Range the same level (or Strength 1 level lower). Just look at IcoolstoneI hes one of the best Range/2hders out there and his Strength and Range are the same levels.

4. The Attack level is only 40 because people are trying to keep their combat level down. That means they can have their Strength up higher. I agree that 60 Attack hits through Rune better, but I only suggest getting Attack higher once the Strength level is 80+ this way you will hit hard still and hit your max more as well as hitting through armour better.

1. Rune Pures 'sometimes' have these items in their inventory, but not alot of the time. Rune Pures don't work well in low level wilderness they work alot better in deep wild where you don't need to KO someone, just out last them. And thats the only reason people have 2hders... so that people wont run in low level wild.

2. If someone wants to tele its up to them. We cant tell them not to have it, its a personal choice.

3. Range/2hders can and normally do have Strength and Range the same level (or Strength 1 level lower). Just look at IcoolstoneI hes one of the best Range/2hders out there and his Strength and Range are the same levels.

4. The Attack level is only 40 because people are trying to keep their combat level down. That means they can have their Strength up higher. I agree that 60 Attack hits through Rune better, but I only suggest getting Attack higher once the Strength level is 80+ this way you will hit hard still and hit your max more as well as hitting through armour better.

Well, you havent seen many runepures then. I always have 2h when i pk whit runepures, and i never see people whitput r2h/baxe.

Yes, teleing is their own choice. But, guide should be for honour pking, so please, wipe off the 25mage reccomendation.

Well, about str thing, i was wrong. But i see alot ppl whit 58str and 70range.

Runepure whit 40att-no ownage at all! 1-20def f2p pkers should have 40att, but if def is 30-40, attack should be 5-10lvls less than str. Yes, whit 40att u could have more str. But, heres a fact.

Runepure1:40 99 1 and 80hp, 1pray

Runepure2:70 70 40 75hp, 1pray.

If those pures would fight, fight would be like this: Rpure1 hits 0, other one hits 17. Rpure1 hits 20, other one 17. Rpure1 hits 0, other one hits 15.

Im trying to tell that its better hit max hit everytime, even it would be 17, than having 99str and hitting nothing!

I have seen alot of rune pures... i also have one (63 combat 70 str), I pk deep (and so should all rune pure) so a quick Ko isnt needed.

The guide isnt Honor or no honor... i dont care if they choose to tele or not. so the OPTION for 25 tele will not be removed.

And a rune pure with 40 att is still ownage, it works out around the same when fighting someone with 40 att and 70 str or 50 att and 60 str it doesnt make that much difference. but yes i know what your saying, so it has been added.

Edited by Troyg2007

To clarify, notice how he said "unless in high lvls"?

I do not think you know how the 'combat type' system works, it is not just about how far your strength is to range.

If you want to check your combat type, it is range/magic (whichever one is higher) multiplied by 1.5 then get the answer and see if it is higher than your attack+strength levels.

In your example, he has 80 range. 80*1.5 = 120. 40 attack+80 strength = 120.

Therefore he is both range and melee based. Which is why he can have the same strength and range.

In your case however, 60 range*1.5 = 90

and 40+60 = 100, therefore he is still melee based, you can get 66 range before you become range based.

So many people do not understand this.

I know exactly how to work out what Combat 'type' you are. and the 60 str 60 range, is just a starter. the stats shown are just a good base to start with. I am aware that you can get (with those stats shown) up to 66 range before leveling. but this is a guide to a good F2P pure not a bible to what you MUST have before you can PK well. They are just examples.

I know exactly how to work out what Combat 'type' you are. and the 60 str 60 range, is just a starter. the stats shown are just a good base to start with. I am aware that you can get (with those stats shown) up to 66 range before leveling. but this is a guide to a good F2P pure not a bible to what you MUST have before you can PK well. They are just examples.

Why bother even pk at 60 str 60 range when there will be others who have 66 range and still be the same level as you. So having 60 strength, 60 range is not a good pure, let alone a bible to what you must have.

also, if you know exactly how it combat type works then why did you say

Range/2hders can and normally do have Strength and Range the same level (or Strength 1 level lower)

Apparently, if you think range/r2h'ers normally have strength and range the same level, then you do not understand how it works.

And as far as I am concerned, there are not many f2p pures with 80 range 80 strength. So therefore you are wrong in saying they normally have range and strength the same level.

It is becoming very annoying that people don't realize that they are EXAMPLES. Not exactly what they need before Pking.

Stop complaining about it, I have put in 65+ Range in the EXAMPLE.

If you think the guide is hopeless and has to many mistake then write your own.

It is becoming very annoying that people don't realize that they are EXAMPLES. Not exactly what they need before Pking.

Stop complaining about it, I have put in 65+ Range in the EXAMPLE.

If you think the guide is hopeless and has to many mistake then write your own.

Regardless of whether they are examples or not they should be proper examples.

People look at the guide for help, and why not give them an example of a the best possible pure at an achievable combat level.

If you left it as it was, people who came to look at your guide for help would go off thinking that those were the stats that were the best to get.

I do not think your guide is hopeless, just pointing out some flaws. I do not understand how I am complaining, or how anybody could think, looking at what I have said, that I think your guide is hopeless, in fact, I never even mention your guide in any of my posts, let alone comment on it, naturally apart from what I have just said.

Ok, I'm going to answer all the 'flaw's that you two pointed out. I'm not quoting them, because I'm not in the mood.

@Vuonari

-Rune pure sometimes have a rune 2h in their inventory, not always- half n half. Trust me I have seen many rune pures in my day and not all of them carry a rune 2h to KO.

-Don't give me this garbage with honor pking, it is up to the person if they want to teleport out or if they want to stay and die. We nor anyone else can force them not to bring teles, so just stop with the honor crap. It's a game.

-with the range/2h pure, yes they can have 60 strength and 60 range and do relatively well, but it isin't the best but it is decent. It's not horrible as your implying it is. Yes I think that a better example for a range/2h would be--- range:70+, strength: 60+. But what you are saying is that a range pure with 60 strength and 60 range is garbage, your wrong it is decent.

-So your saying a rune pure in f2p should not have 40 attack!? Yes they should because you would be wasting extra combat levels by getting attack levels. 40 attack is fine to hit against someone. Your acting like with 40 attack you can't hit anyone, a strength pure can hit people in rune with 40 attack, so can a rune pure. 40 attack is fine, you should NEVER raise it f2p unless you are planning on becoming a member later on.

@oh bum

-They are proper examples, yeah there is a mistake with the range in the range/2h pure, but with your last post you are acting like the whole guide is full of mistakes and improper examples, which it's not. <_<

@troyg2007

-change the range part in the range/2h section for it to be at at least 70 range.

I changed it to 65+ because 66 is the next level up... and thats what everyone was complaining about, the fact that it wasn't the best stats for its combat level.

Ok, I'm going to answer all the 'flaw's that you two pointed out. I'm not quoting them, because I'm not in the mood.

@oh bum

-They are proper examples, yeah there is a mistake with the range in the range/2h pure, but with your last post you are acting like the whole guide is full of mistakes and improper examples, which it's not. :P

How am I acting as if the guide is full of mistakes and improper examples?

I point out ONE mistake, and then go on to justify my reasons for suggesting the change.

And the guide does have several grammatical mistakes.

And for the sake of making the guide better, here are some of them.

They best attacking styles to fight them with and Melee or Range. Melee because you are fighting someone just like you so it gives you a 50 - 50 chance of winning and Range because they have any defense so your arrows will hit them harder. Make sure that your HP doesn't get below their max hit otherwise your pretty much dead unless you get lucky and they miss.

Should be

TThe best attacking style to fight against them are either Melee or range. Melee because you are fighting someone just like you, so it gives you a 50-50 chance of winning, range because they do not have any defense so your arrows will hit them harder. Make sure that your HP doesn't get below their max hit otherwise you’re pretty much dead unless you get lucky and they miss.

They would be wielding a rune scimmy and have a strength potion with the rest of the spaces filled with lobsters or swordfish in their inventory.

You do not really need the "spaces" as well as "inventory"

It can be 'rest of your inventory filled.."

or 'rest of the spaces filled with lobsters or swordfish.'

Up to you though.

The best attacking styles to use against fighting a Rune pure are Melee and Magic. while using Melee is an ok way to fight these Pures (use a Rune Mace or War Hammer since armour crumbles under crush type attacks), by far the best way is to attack them with magic. Their Armour is very weak against magic and using it will kill them very fast indeed.

they wear a coif and a leather body and also leather boots

You could either remove 'and also a leather body' as majority of people wear them.

Or you could have 'they wear a coif, a leather body and also leather boots'

They equip arrows and also equip a certain type of bow.

Wield sounds so much better than equip lol

Again, up to you.

their armour also gives a very nice range defence as well.

Pure Rangers, will stand at maximum distance from their prey and begin attacking.

While fighting Range/2hd Pures the best tactics to use when fighting them are the same as Pure Rangers and Tank Rangers.

There are 2 slower ways also. You can cast curse spells on any monster until your desired level. Also you can low alch a high quantity of items to get some extra money, and some magic experience. These 2 ways are very slow and they do not train hit points.

Assuming you are casting at a perfect casting rate, curse gives much more exp (29 exp) than fire strike with half damage exp (19.5 exp)and arguably the same exp rate as varrock teleport but not the other teleports, assuming you use the next best teleport as you go. High alching also have a much higher exp rate than all of the other methods.

Fire strike is the easiest way to level as you auto cast.

Curse is the cheapest way but you need to manual click.

High alch is the fastest way but you need to manual click and depending on what you alch, can make a profit/loss.

Tele'ing is fairly good exp, manual cast but you do not really need to move your mouse, also fairly expensive.

The guide is coming along pretty well, but maybe chuck some pictures in.

Edited by oh bum

Guest blahblahlbah

but you forgot the str/mage i see them quite often in wildy....CAUSE I AM ONE OF THEM ZOMG