Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostfoot

Gh0stf00t's And Troyg2005's F2p Pure/pker Guide. + EASL's PvP FAQ

Actually, as someone said earlier, Flesh crawlers are probably better than the two choices you have listed up there on training a rune pure. Hill Giants are crowded, and Moss Giants are crowded and in a multi combat area. On my 1 defence pure (75 strength) I get 10k+ xp per trip, rune pures would get better than that with 40 defence, so it's probably better. To back myself up, atleast 60% of people at fleshies are rune pures.

I've never seen a rune pure pk in 25+ wilderness before mainly because there are no decent solo spots there. As a freeplay rune pure, your best bet would probably be castle or maybe edgeville. A rune 2h would be neccesary because PKing today relies on kos because of telers, even if you pked deep you'd still want a ko weapon because your opponent could just run down and tele easily. If there was pking where you didn't need a ko, that place would be dominated by defence pures.

Also bringing back vurouni's argument, rune pures MIGHT need attack because they will be fighting other rune pures and mains. Pures don't need it because they will usually be fighting other pures unless they are 80+ combat or in some non pking world. You don't have to listen to that just an idea.

I don't have a rune pure, or ever had one for that matter, but I do PK and I've seen rune pures before. Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't had one before, but please consider because right now I am questioning whether you ever had one.

For mage pures, I don't find long training at all, just wear full iron + dragonhide vambraces with an earth staff to save runes, you'll get 29 xp every cast and always miss so you can keep casting on the same monster (you still get xp when you fail the spell; I'm not sure about this, but you might get more).

As for the rest of your guide I don't see anything worth correcting right away.

Edited by Shooter585

You have forgotten Range Mage :/

They usually have a very high range level and a high magic level.

To spot them they probably wear some wizards robes and d hide chaps and magic amulate or defence amulate, they can have a very high prayer level too because most mage pures don't train defence therefore they have very high prayer levels to fix that.

-Ming

he didnt forget=)this is my 2nd post happy runescaping :)

Hi ppl. Now i have tested the attack thing.

My 60attack, 74str 40def 31pray pure vs 70attack, 70ish str 40def.

That other r pure is my friends.

He did own me at armour fight, and he was 2 combat lower than me. He did own me at no armour fight, he did hit his max very often.

So, can u now say that f2p runepures should have 40attack?

I think you should have same str and attack lvl in f2p runepure, they own.

Both of you missed one type on pure:

Zerker pure.

This is F2P pker guide.

F2P=free to play= free version of the game.

Thank you Vuonair for OWNING Greenman, With your superb reading skills.

*Hands Vuonair a Big Gold Star*

I thought I did fix them....what else is wrong?

Basically all of my last post on page 4. There are several grammatical mistakes and your magic training methods are wrong.

I thought I did fix them....what else is wrong?

Basically all of my last post on page 4. There are several grammatical mistakes and your magic training methods are wrong.

Well, do you know another magic training technique other than the ones that were mentioned? If you do i'd love to hear them.

And how are they "wrong"? Can you explain that to me?

Well, do you know another magic training technique other than the ones that were mentioned? If you do i'd love to hear them.

And how are they "wrong"? Can you explain that to me?

Perhaps 'wrong' was the wrong word. I meant, the information given is wrong.

There are a number of ways to train magic, but we will tell you the most used ways. The most used way is to first use air strike on any monster until you can cast fire strike. Then you should go to hill giants and train magic using fire strike until your desired level. You can also train magic using fire strike at the wizard's tower on the top floor. There is a lesser demon in a cage, and you can train magic very quickly here.

A much faster way would be using Varrok teleport to train Mage. Now you would train magic until 25 mage, then get the runes for Varrok teleport, and then just teleport until your desired level. This is a very expensive way, this will cost you a lot of money. This dosen't train hit points, it just trains magic.

There are 2 slower ways also. You can cast curse spells on any monster until your desired level. Also you can low alch a high quantity of items to get some extra money, and some magic experience. These 2 ways are very slow and they do not train hit points..

I said:

Assuming you are casting at a perfect casting rate, curse gives much more exp (29 exp) than fire strike with half damage exp (19.5 exp)and arguably the same exp rate as varrock teleport but not the other teleports, assuming you use the next best teleport as you go. High alching also have a much higher exp rate than all of the other methods.

Fire strike is the easiest way to level as you auto cast.

Curse is the cheapest way but you need to manual click.

High alch is the fastest way but you need to manual click and depending on what you alch, can make a profit/loss.

Tele'ing is fairly good exp, manual cast but you do not really need to move your mouse, also fairly expensive.

The guide is coming along pretty well, but maybe chuck some pictures in.

What is wrong is that curse is actually faster than fire strike, and pretty much the same as varrock teleport.

And yes it is pretty easy to obtain a perfect casting rate.

Also, high alching is BY FAR the fastest way out of those.

So yeah, I will repeat what I said in my last post and say that the two 'slower' methods are actually faster.

Please fix the mistakes, it has been a while now, heck just change the magic section at the very least, the other grammatical mistakes don't really matter but this part actually means people are receiving incorrect information/advice.

There are a number of ways to train magic, but we will tell you the most used ways. The most used way is to first use air strike on any monster until you can cast fire strike. Then you should go to hill giants and train magic using fire strike until your desired level. You can also train magic using fire strike at the wizard's tower on the top floor. There is a lesser demon in a cage, and you can train magic very quickly here.

A much faster way would be using Varrok teleport to train Mage. Now you would train magic until 25 mage, then get the runes for Varrok teleport, and then just teleport until your desired level. This is a very expensive way, this will cost you a lot of money. This dosen't train hit points, it just trains magic.

There are 2 slower ways also. You can cast curse spells on any monster until your desired level. Also you can low alch a high quantity of items to get some extra money, and some magic experience. These 2 ways are very slow and they do not train hit points..

Is wrong, as curse and high alch are actually the faster ways. Not to mention curse is by far cheaper.

OK, Oh Bum I have spent a good 30 Mins reading and fixing the pants off this guide. Sorry I took so long, I've been stressed out lately. PM me or post here if there is anything I missed (I know there will be something).

BTW you have been added to the 'Thank You' list...Thanks for the help.

I would talk about binds....most pures have binds they use in groups of people.

Your very rarely see a rune pure with mage levels as high as 59...seeing as they have armour on. I would put a (not likely) sign next to that so that it doesn't encourage people new to the pking world to ruin their pure.

And you forgot one of the best training spots! The wild itself!

Start a pure with a coupl of friends and start pking. Getting small amounts of gear for each level group isn't that hard. Gradually you will level up. Because you are pking, if you get kills your food/arrows/runes will replenish their stocks. This way will save money for rangers and magers. Possibly meleer's too because most noobs wear full iron, which you can use for armour later on.

Edited by Zw00d

Not all Pures use binds, and we do mention it a little anyway.

Rune Pures have Magic there for 3 Reason's, to Tele, for the extra HP and for Magic Defence, the higher your magic level the higher defence from Magic you have.

The wild is not a good training spot, compared to the normal training areas the wild is extremely slow.

Not all Pures use binds, and we do mention it a little anyway.

Rune Pures have Magic there for 3 Reason's, to Tele, for the extra HP and for Magic Defence, the higher your magic level the higher defence from Magic you have.

The wild is not a good training spot, compared to the normal training areas the wild is extremely slow.

Wilderness is cheaper...your supplies replenish. And it's more fun imo.

-Zw00d

The wild is in no way cheaper than normal training, what about when you die? and lose your items? think of the cost of that. Its impossible to be a full time PKer and not die.

Guest Dizzy Dbow

this guide is alright i like it 7/10

Edited by Dizzy Dbow

The wild is in no way cheaper than normal training, what about when you die? and lose your items? think of the cost of that. Its impossible to be a full time PKer and not die.

Who said anything about not dying? What do you lose in wild? Pking supplies. What do you get off of kills in wild? Pking supplies.

-Zw00d

Who said anything about not dying? What do you lose in wild? Pking supplies. What do you get off of kills in wild? Pking supplies.

-Zw00d

It's cheaper and smarter to train outside of the wild IMO. And it is much easier.