Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostfoot

Gh0stf00t's And Troyg2005's F2p Pure/pker Guide. + EASL's PvP FAQ

Slowly Updating this guide guys, Might also be making a return to the PKing life...watch out.

Hey you wanna combine it with my new pure guide I'm working on ,it was sort of my goal to replace all the old pking guide, so far I've done the faq ;)

Hey you wanna combine it with my new pure guide I'm working on ,it was sort of my goal to replace all the old pking guide, so far I've done the faq ;)

Yeah sure, team work is always better in the end

Ok, this is what I do for my range 2h pures STRAIGHT out of tutorial island.

Note: Prayer Training is Completely Optional

Part 1: First Steps and gaining Money

Step 1: Go to the general store and sell all the stuff obtained from Tutorial island, you should have like 50-100gp.

Step 2: Walk to the Grand Exchange from Lumbridge and do the quick tutorial with the GE Tutor, then buy as many Sardines as possible with the cash you have.

Step 3: Go to the Stronghold of Security with a sense of direction on where to go (I would reccomend using a map, such as this). Don't forget to set recovery questions before entering as it saves time.

Step 4: You should now have a grand total of 10k and some sardines. Walk to the Stronghold of Player Safety using the trapdoor on the side of the building and look at all of the "gublinch" cells and hit the Thumbs Up to continue. Once finished, go up the stairs and talk to the professor and take the extremely easy quiz. The answers are pretty much common sense. Use the two lamps on which ever skills you want. I reccomend Range as it speeds up the process of training greatly.

Step 5: Get a map of the Stronghold of Player Safety. I have supplied one here. Take the quickest route to the lever. Operate the lever and go down the stairs and into the door. Proceed forward to the Treasure Chest and loot it, giving you 10k and a pair of gloves.

Part Two: Equipment

Step 1: By now you should have 20k plus a pair of boots and gloves. Head over to the Grand Exchange and buy 1 Cowl, approximately 10 Leather Bodies, a pair of Leather Chaps, 5 or 6 Studded Chaps, 5 or 6 Vambraces, all the bows up to and including Maple, Team Capes, about 100-200 iron arrows, 5-6 coifs, and all the scimitars and 2h's (except Bronze) up to and including Mithril or Adamant.

Part Three: Training

Step 1: While wearing a cowl, leather body, chaps, boots, cape, short bow, and gloves, Homeport and walk to the farm North West of Draynor and South East of Falador. Kill chickens until 10 range, 10 strength, and 10 attack.

- Equip an Oak Bow at level 5 range.

- Equip a Steel Scimitar at 5 Attack

- Equip a Black Scimitar at 10 Attack (Optional to buy as it is expensive)

Step 2: Proceed to cows and kill these until 20 range, attack, and strength, cooking the beef if necessary.

- Equip a Willow Bow, Studded Chaps, and a Coif at level 20 range.

- Equip a Mithril Scimitar at level 20 attack.

Step 3: Proceed back to the Stronghold of Security and on the first floor, kill minotaurs until 30 range, attack, and strength. These drop Iron Arrows, so range training will be much easier.

- Equip an Adamant Scimitar at level 30 attack.

- Equip a Maple Short Bow at level 30 range.

Step 4: Walk west of Edgeville to the Monastery and train there until 40 range, attack, and strength. Hint: Talk to the Monks for a quick and free heal!

- Equip Green Dragonhide chaps at level 40 range.

- Equip a Rune Scimitar at level 40 attack.

Congratulations, You can now wear every range armour in the F2P game excluding Studded Body and Green D'hide Body and weild every f2p weapon except Corrupt Dragon. You will now also stop training attack :box:.

Part 4: Further Training

Step 1: From 40-99 strength, I believe that Flesh Crawlers on the second level of the Stronghold of Security are the way to go seeing as they only hit one but food is necessary as they do hit quite often.

Step 2: Training from 40-50 range is flesh crawlers, but find a safe spot in the room that you are training.

Step 3: 50-99 range is the best at Lesser Demons, by now you should have been over using iron arrows and moved on to steel for training.

Part 5: Further Money Making

Option 1: Getting 33 magic and telegrabbing Wines of Zamorak near Falador.

Option 2: Fishing for Lobster on Karamja and banking on Draynor, Make sure to have 60 gp when you leave Draynor

Option 3: Get 60 Woodcutting and cutting Yew Logs for money.

Option 4: Air Running in world 16, finding a guide on this should be easy enough :)

Option 5: Dancing for Money, Rakes in approximately 10 gp a day. Horrible money, humiliaties you, and is over all a terrible way to get money :box: and yet I felt compelled to put it in here.

CONGRATULATIONS, You now have a Decent Pure.

~Lol :)

P.S. Hope I helped :)

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part 1: First Steps and gaining Money[/b][/u][/size]

Step 1: Go to the general store and sell all the stuff obtained from Tutorial island, you should have like 50-100gp.
Step 2: [b]Walk[/b] to the Grand Exchange from Lumbridge and do the quick tutorial with the GE Tutor, then buy as many Sardines as possible with the cash you have.
Step 3: Go to the Stronghold of Security with a sense of direction on where to go (I would reccomend using a map, such as [url="http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=stronghold_of_security_map.htm"]this[/url]). Don't forget to set recovery questions before entering as  it saves time.
Step 4: You should now have a grand total of 10k and some sardines. Walk to the Stronghold of Player Safety using the trapdoor on the side of the building and look at all of the "gublinch" cells and hit the Thumbs Up to continue. Once finished, go up the stairs and talk to the professor and take the extremely easy quiz. The answers are pretty much common sense. Use the two lamps on which ever skills you want. I reccomend Range as it speeds up the process of training greatly.
Step 5: Get a map of the Stronghold of Player Safety. I have supplied one [url="http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=stronghold_of_safety.htm"]here[/url]. Take the quickest route to the [b]lever[/b]. Operate the lever and go down the stairs and into the door. Proceed forward to the Treasure Chest and loot it, giving you 10k and a pair of gloves.

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part Two: Equipment[/b][/u][/size]
Step 1: By now you should have 20k plus a pair of boots and gloves. Head over to the Grand Exchange and buy 1 Cowl, approximately 10 Leather Bodies, a pair of Leather Chaps, 5 or 6 Studded Chaps, 5 or 6 Vambraces, all the bows up to and including Maple,[b] Team Capes[/b], about 100-200 iron arrows, 5-6 coifs, and all the scimitars and 2h's (except Bronze) up to and including Mithril or Adamant.

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part Three: Training[/b][/u][/size]
Step 1: While wearing a cowl, leather body, chaps, boots, cape, short bow, and gloves, Homeport and walk to the farm North West of Draynor and South East of Falador. Kill chickens until 10 range, 10 strength, and 10 attack.
Step 2: Proceed to cows and kill these until 20 range, attack, and strength, cooking the beef if necessary.   
Step 3: Proceed back to the Stronghold of Security and on the first floor, kill minotaurs until 30 range, attack, and strength. These drop Iron Arrows, so range training will be much easier.
Step 4: Walk west of Edgeville to the Monastery and train there until 40 range, attack, and strength. Hint: Talk to the Monks for a quick and free heal!
Congratulations, You can now wear every range armour in the F2P game excluding Studded Body and Green D'hide Body and weild every f2p weapon except Corrupt Dragon. You will now also stop training attack :).

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part 4: Further Training[/b][/u][/size]
Step 1: From 40-99 strength, I believe that Flesh Crawlers on the second level of the Stronghold of Security are the way to go seeing as they only hit one but food is necessary as they do hit quite often.
Step 2: Training from 40-50 range is flesh crawlers, but find a safe spot in the room that you are training.
Step 3: 50-99 range is the best at Lesser Demons, by now you should have been over using iron arrows and moved on to steel for training.

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part 5: Further Money Making[/b][/u][/size]
Option 2: Fishing for Lobster on Karamja and banking on Draynor, Make sure to have 60 gp when you leave Draynor
Option 4: Air Running in world 16, finding a guide on this should be easy enough :P
Option 5: Dancing for Money, Rakes in approximately 10 gp a day. Horrible money, humiliaties you, and is over all a terrible way to get money :D and yet I felt compelled to put it in here.

[hr]

[size=5][center]CONGRATULATIONS, You now have a Decent Pure.[/center][/size]

~Lol :rofl:

P.S. Hope I helped :D

Edited by Lol

Guest ig0s0h4rd n soyshark

What about black pure?

What about black pure?

I'm pretty sure that if people want a 'Black Pure' or 'Mith Pure' ect... they can work out to stop getting defense levels when they reach the requirements.

Why is raising your combat level so bad?

BTW im gonna do the Dragon slayer quest to wear rune platebody, is it really bad if i go over 40 defence or 40 attack (Im going for Rune Pure)

If so is there anyway to delevel you self?

,Toyiano

Why is raising your combat level so bad?

BTW im gonna do the Dragon slayer quest to wear rune platebody, is it really bad if i go over 40 defence or 40 attack (Im going for Rune Pure)

If so is there anyway to delevel you self?

,Toyiano

A lower cmb lvl take people by surprise, lvl 46 melle pures hitting 16+ with a scimmy kill people pretty fast. And its not realy that bad, but more lvls = more cmb, and there is no way to de-level yourself

A Strength Pure's stats

Most Strength Pures should have at least these stats:

Attack: 40 can get more to hit your max more often (but this will increase your CMB lvl)

Strength: 60 or more

Defence: 1

Range: 1 or 40 for Green D'hide Chaps and Vamps.

Magic: 1 or 25 for Varrock Teleport or 59 for the Fire Blast (I highly suggest staying lvl 1 Magic)

Prayer: 1 or 31 For Ultimate Strength

For PvP worlds, 50 Runecrafting for The Great Orb Project to buy tele-tabs to TGOP. Luckily, it's safe. Varrok Teleport is useless, because then someone attacks you in Varrok.

:eyebrows:

What to use to beat them

Tank Rangers are often hard to beat since they have a good Defense level and their range attack hits fast and hard. Using Magic against these Pures is only going to get you to one place... Lumbridge. The best way to kill them is by using Melee and using a stabbing weapon like when fighting Pure Rangers. By using a stabbing type of attack you have a better chance of getting through there armour

there->their

Edited by Gijeff890

Ty ty so much! I am currently making a strength pure (for pking) and you gave me some good pointers if anyone wants to add me my username is silentc0re2

Part 1: First Steps and gaining Money

Step 2: Walk to the Grand Exchange from Lumbridge and do the quick tutorial with the GE Tutor, then buy as many Sardines as possible with the cash you have.

Step 3: Go to the Stronghold of Security with a sense of direction on where to go (I would reccomend using a map, such as this). Don't forget to set recovery questions before entering as it saves time.

Step 5: Get a map of the Stronghold of Player Safety. I have supplied one here. Take the quickest route to the lever. Operate the lever and go down the stairs and into the door. Proceed forward to the Treasure Chest and loot it, giving you 10k and a pair of gloves.

Part Two: Equipment

Step 1: By now you should have 20k plus a pair of boots and gloves. Head over to the Grand Exchange and buy 1 Cowl, approximately 10 Leather Bodies, a pair of Leather Chaps, 5 or 6 Studded Chaps, 5 or 6 Vambraces, all the bows up to and including Maple, Team Capes, about 100-200 iron arrows, 5-6 coifs, and all the scimitars and 2h's (except Bronze) up to and including Mithril or Adamant.

Part Three: Training

Congratulations, You can now wear every range armour in the F2P game excluding Studded Body and Green D'hide Body and weild every f2p weapon except Corrupt Dragon. You will now also stop training attack ^_^.

Part 4: Further Training

Part 5: Further Money Making

Option 4: Air Running in world 16, finding a guide on this should be easy enough ;)

Option 5: Dancing for Money, Rakes in approximately 10 gp a day. Horrible money, humiliaties you, and is over all a terrible way to get money :o and yet I felt compelled to put it in here.

CONGRATULATIONS, You now have a Decent Pure.

~Lol :wizard:

P.S. Hope I helped :o

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part 1: First Steps and gaining Money[/b][/u][/size]

Step 2: [b]Walk[/b] to the Grand Exchange from Lumbridge and do the quick tutorial with the GE Tutor, then buy as many Sardines as possible with the cash you have.
Step 3: Go to the Stronghold of Security with a sense of direction on where to go (I would reccomend using a map, such as [url="http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=stronghold_of_security_map.htm"]this[/url]). Don't forget to set recovery questions before entering as  it saves time.
Step 5: Get a map of the Stronghold of Player Safety. I have supplied one [url="http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=stronghold_of_safety.htm"]here[/url]. Take the quickest route to the [b]lever[/b]. Operate the lever and go down the stairs and into the door. Proceed forward to the Treasure Chest and loot it, giving you 10k and a pair of gloves.

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part Two: Equipment[/b][/u][/size]
Step 1: By now you should have 20k plus a pair of boots and gloves. Head over to the Grand Exchange and buy 1 Cowl, approximately 10 Leather Bodies, a pair of Leather Chaps, 5 or 6 Studded Chaps, 5 or 6 Vambraces, all the bows up to and including Maple,[b] Team Capes[/b], about 100-200 iron arrows, 5-6 coifs, and all the scimitars and 2h's (except Bronze) up to and including Mithril or Adamant.

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part Three: Training[/b][/u][/size]
Congratulations, You can now wear every range armour in the F2P game excluding Studded Body and Green D'hide Body and weild every f2p weapon except Corrupt Dragon. You will now also stop training attack .

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part 4: Further Training[/b][/u][/size]

[hr]

[size=5][u][b]Part 5: Further Money Making[/b][/u][/size]
Option 4: Air Running in world 16, finding a guide on this should be easy enough :P
Option 5: Dancing for Money, Rakes in approximately 10 gp a day. Horrible money, humiliaties you, and is over all a terrible way to get money :D and yet I felt compelled to put it in here.

[hr]

[size=5][center]CONGRATULATIONS, You now have a Decent Pure.[/center][/size]

~Lol :rofl:

P.S. Hope I helped :D

Thanks, that really helped me.

Maybe you can add a section for "mains" That are pretty much equal stats (75 att, 80 str 75 def, 80 ranged, 59 mage, 45 prayer) but no arm in monk robes/preist gowns and rune scim/maple bow and 2h in invy

Eg What you would put:

A Main's stats

Most Mains should have at least these stats:

Attack: 70 can get more to hit your max more often (but this will increase your CMB lvl)

Strength: 75

Defence: 60

Range: 70 for Decent fast hits

Magic: 59 (possibly 85 for tb)

Prayer: 45

Mains are big tanking machines. They hit 20s with rune scimitars, 13+ with ranged, and can bind/teleblock you with ease. You usually can find them no arming, because they think their defence level will protect them even without armour. They can use many of the pure methods including range/2h, scim/2h, mage/2h and more. Mains usually depend on either a rune2h, runebaxe, or a corrupt dragon item as a finisher. They are best countered with range tanks, or rushing with a team. They are strong against 1 defence pures.

Edited by Teh PK

Its a really nice guide and gave me a good guideline but you should go into more detail like common setup's and different spots to train at besides Monks and Hill Giants and you could add a few more type's of pures such as Zerkers and Initiate pures. :wizard:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but level 8 cockroaches are great to train on for money for a Strength pure- they drop lots of good runes, gems, and even noted coal occasionally.

I have a new pure:

ATTACK/DEFENCE PURE (I GOT ONE :))

ATTACK:70+

STRENTGH:1

DEFENCE:70+

RANGE:40+ if you wish

Mage:60+ It depends if you wish to train it or leave it as 1 (leaving it at 1 is better)

prayer:1 (I got 2 :))

TRAIN ON CHICKENS AND MAKE MONEY FIRST, BUY GEAR AND TRAIN

-.-

I have a new pure:

Mage:60+ It depends if you wish to train it or leave it as 1 (leaving it at 1 is better)

:rolleyes:

That's not gonna work at all.

First off, why are you getting attack up when the highest you can wield is rune?

I mean 30 attack levels you can put into strength.

Also, 70 def?

Wtf?

I have a new pure:

First off, why are you getting attack up when the highest you can wield is rune?

Also, 70 def?

Wtf?

I'm with cow, WTF?

Why get attack without any strength?

I have a new pure:

Also, 70 def?

Wtf?

I'm with cow, WTF?

Why get attack without any strength?

Gogl is trolling guys. And judging from you're reactions he succeeded immensely.

most rune pures Ive seen use a combo weapon of some sort, not sure why this guide says they dont.

If they are risking full rune sets, they will most likely be willing to risk another 60k for a lot more kills.

Also, a true hybrid is pretty much unbeatable when fighting a pure or main. In this guide I would suggest not to fight them, unless you are a hybrid yourself. A pure isnt going to have both melee and mage items, unless they are a hybrid themself.

I would include in this guide some sort of mage tank pure, even though it is a really bad pure. Ive seen a couple people with this, I think that the defence is supposed to be a substitute for hp levels not gained in iron armor training... By mage tank I mean mages with 41 mage + and moderate defence levels with no real defence armor on.

Edited by Daaru23