Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostfoot

Gh0stf00t's And Troyg2005's F2p Pure/pker Guide. + EASL's PvP FAQ

don't you think you may add a zerker i am making one or i think i am and i need some help with it

Check in the Void dbow/handcannon thread, arham 4 put a link to a nice one.

I have a question about the Range/2H pure guide part, is it outdated, and is there anything that can be improved?

I'm just curious, because it has been a while ago that i've played Runescape.

Thanks for the guide, i was searching for one like this for a while.

I have a question about the Range/2H pure guide part, is it outdated, and is there anything that can be improved?

I'm just curious, because it has been a while ago that i've played Runescape.

Thanks for the guide, i was searching for one like this for a while.

All I would say is that it could use more detail about the specific switch types (go to Pureosaur for that junk, I don't need to know it to beast with it)

Other than that, 'tis still legit.

So f2p range tanks and hybirds are possible....I wasnt sure i want to make a range tank cuz they look fun to play with

So f2p range tanks and hybirds are possible....I wasnt sure i want to make a range tank cuz they look fun to play with

Don't make a ftp ranged tank. You'll have no k0 power and people will just run from you 99% of the time when they run low on food. If anything, you could do a rune 40 defence pure in ftp, but they take a lot of effort to make effective and require like 80+ strength.

Don't make a ftp ranged tank. You'll have no k0 power and people will just run from you 99% of the time when they run low on food. If anything, you could do a rune 40 defence pure in ftp, but they take a lot of effort to make effective and require like 80+ strength.

Aww really? :huh:

att:40

str:50/60

range:60+

def:40

I wear a dhide top and rune skirt and use range to attack and then ko with a rune 2h kinda like a range/2h pure/

Think this will work out?

I wear a dhide top and rune skirt and use range to attack and then ko with a rune 2h kinda like a range/2h pure/

Probably not, because you'll be fighting pures with like 75+ strength at that point. They'll have higher hitpoints too making your max hit with 60 strength pretty uneffective at k0ing. If you changed that to like 80 ranged and 75 - 80+ strength, then you have something started.

Probably not, because you'll be fighting pures with like 75+ strength at that point. They'll have higher hitpoints too making your max hit with 60 strength pretty uneffective at k0ing. If you changed that to like 80 ranged and 75 - 80+ strength, then you have something started.

hmm allright thanks man i like pures and pking and i like to be outside the box :unsure:

Guide was revised and slightly updated.

Any corrections for grammar, outdated information, or new information...PM me or just post in this thread.

~~This is a f2p Pker/Pure Guide.

edit: ~ I skimmed all the comments from 2008 and 2009. One thing to say is: I don't think Rune Pures bring a 2h for KO...because the KO wouldn't be that much. Anyone say otherwise?

Edited by Gh0stF00t

The Range/2h

~In my opinion…the most powerful pure at the moment~

Their Stats

Most Range/2hders will have these stats:

Attack: 40 (do NOT get higher)

Strength: 60 or more

Defence: 1

Range: 65 or more

Magic: 1

Prayer: 1 or 44 (Up to you really, Prayer wont last too long, gives extra Cmb lvls too)

Strength should be 50+

Range should be 60+

Attack + Strength should equal range * 1.5

The Hybrid

~Honestly…Hybrids are barely used in PvP. They’re one of a kind.

Their Stats

Attack: 40

Strength: 60 or more

Defence: 1 or 40

Range: 65 or more

Magic: Up to 59

Prayer: 1 or 45 for all Protection Prayers and Attack bonuses

How to spot them and what they have.

These type of Un-Pures are very hard to spot in the wild. They generally wear whatever gives them the best defense against all other pures, while still have attacking bonuses in all the combat styles. They will carry weapons, Bows and Arrows and also Runes for Magic, But will also carry the different armours they need to fight all the different Pures.

Tactics

There tactics will change for who they are fighting, These Un-Pures are meant to be flexible against all other Pures, So when against Strength Pures with no Armour they will use Melee or Range, Against Rune Pures they will use Magic, And against Rangers they will use Melee.

Where to train your Hybrid

Training a Hybrid is a mixture of how to train all the other Pures, Please read the other Pure training sections to find out how.

What to use to beat them

Fighting a true Hybrid Pker will be very hard, they will change their armour with your attacking style, Making you hit less and making them hit harder. There is no real way to explain how to beat one of these Un-Pures other than when they change their armour change your attacking style. If they put on D 'Hide don't use Magic, If they put on armour use Magic and if they take everything off use Melee.

1 defense hybrids will normally just stick to monk robes and overhead.

The trick to beating 40 defense hybrids is that you can outlast them because they have less food, carrying rune top + legs, dhide top+legs, and magic top+legs, and runes, and slap on rune while praying magic.

Range/Mage Pure

A Range/Mage's stats

A Range/Mage pure will have these stats:

Attack: 1

Strength: 1

Defense: 1

Mage: up to 59

Range: 65+

Prayer: 1

Range level should be equal to magic; ie 59 magic and 59 range

The only 2 viable options are really 35 range-35 mage or 59 range-59 mage

Thanks PaladinPker. Info's been added, i appreciate it~

And Soccer Kid: Yahh they can take them down, but a R/2h could also take them down just as easy imo.

Also____ If anyone has information on a Prayer Beast, feel free to give it. I don't know anything about prayer beasts in f2p to be honest.

Edited by Gh0stF00t

Thanks PaladinPker. Info's been added, i appreciate it~

And Soccer Kid: Yahh they can take them down, but a R/2h could also take them down just as easy imo.

Also____ If anyone has information on a Prayer Beast, feel free to give it. I don't know anything about prayer beasts in f2p to be honest.

My account used to be a prayer beast before I went range2h (hence the name Paladin :D)

Basically, a prayer beast is an account that uses prayer to improve their hits, as well as to protect item, and so a resurgence in the number of prayer beasts is expected with the return of the wilderness. Normally a strength pure with the following stats:

40 attack

80+ strength (prayer is not worth the combats below 80 strength)

1 defense

1/40/80- range

1/25/59/80- mage

31 prayer

Setup:

Coif

Amulet of Strength

Monk Top

Monk Bottom

Team Cape

Green d'hide vambraces/any gloves

Rune scimitar

Inventory:

Rune 2h

Strength potion

26 Swordfish

How to beat:

Rune pures do well against this build due to their low attack and defense. Also, if a ranger can get in the first couple hits by attacking from a distance, they stand a chance to force the prayer beast, which has almost no form of defense, to eat almost continuously and thus come out on top.

-Str Pots aren’t essential in my opinion, but they are sure helpful.

I don't know how pking was 3 years ago, but you should fix this asap.

-Unless you’re stuck up about being honorable in the wild, “safing” is ok. Who cares.

People will safe back or run (if they safe back, you're just both wasting food and time, since it's pretty much impossible to kill safers in f2p)

I would only suggest safing if you have very high HP for your cb level, so your opponent doesn't notice you're safing.

Fixed. and Fixed.

The strength pot could go either way though. A good portion of people don't bring it to have an extra food. But it was revised anyways.

The strength pot could go either way though. A good portion of people don't bring it to have an extra food. But it was revised anyways.

I know this is a pure guide and I'm not a pure but I don't think pures and mains are that different when it comes to using potions. Nowadays if you don't have a strength potion you're pretty much screwed.

Edited by Micael Fatia

I know this is a pure guide and I'm not a pure but I don't think pures and mains are that different when it comes to using potions. Nowadays if you don't have a strength potion you're pretty much screwed.

I am a pure. And I will tell you that strength pots are absolute musts.

Might want to update Range/2H and Str Pures KO methods, So people will delay instead of quick switching.

Too bad this guide will be useless when they nerf pures with the combat update.

Isn't rune level 50 now?

Yes. This is a pre-EoC guide, it's extremely outdated now.

Apparently it was posted in 2007, so maybe we can treat it as an updated guide for oldscape :P.