Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adam?

Why You No Like Anime.

Because you can simply not comprehend its awesomeness. Right?

No I don't like the fact that it is so unrealistic.

Btw I'm talking baout shows like naruto and... zach bell.

Edited by Un_t0uch

Why do people dislike anime? It's because they are afraid of what others in their minority would think. After all, some are so narrow minded as to define anime as the Naruto English Sub. Usually animes are limited to a few if one wants to stereotype anime. Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, and the rare Bleach are all classics of anime stereotyping.

I mean, come on, Pokemon is the peniultimate anime, right? So obviously, all anime can be compared to Pokemon? So why not just say it sucks, it saves me time!

@Un_Touch: I highly doubt that the quality of realism is so very important to you. You say that you enjoy South Park, correct? What is realism to you? A living piece of poop summoning crap storms? Yes, I'm sure realism is important.

Edited by Ramon

I'd say the main gripe people have with anime and manga would be either they view it negatively and compare it to a "Childrens Cartoon" or they are simply too "Western" to appreciate it. Yes, it's Japanese. Like it or not America, you don't rule the world.

Actually.. This may be interesting.. I would like to hear some of the reasons people have for viewing it negatively, so long as they are rational and logical reasons of course.

EDIT:

No I don't like the fact that it is so unrealistic.

Btw I'm talking baout shows like naruto and... zach bell.

I would like to now impose the question to you, "Why do you play runescape?"

Or is runescape realistic?

Anime, manga, and video games aren't meant to be realistic. They are an escape from reality, not a replacement.

Edited by Rezolution_X

Because it sucks? The plots are unoriginal and the same as the anime before it. The artists of anime have no personal style, they all draw the same. What's worst is their fanboys... anime nerds are... ick. I don't even wanna talk about them...

Anime is no different than a cartoon, except cartoons are better.

Because it sucks? The plots are unoriginal and the same as the anime before it. The artists of anime have no personal style, they all draw the same. What's worst is their fanboys... anime nerds are... ick. I don't even wanna talk about them...

1. Ah yes, very good reason!

2. You could not know that unless if you have watched every single anime made since the beginning of time, in chronological order. Since you have time to be posting in this topic, rather than watching anime, then I know you have not.

3. That is a typical stereotype. You would also have to have watch every single anime ever created.

4. Good job! Stereotyping people whom enjoy anime? You couldn't exactly say that all good musicians of the past century were stoners, either.

5. Define cartoon, and define anime.

Edited by Ramon

No different, yet one is better. That sir, makes little sence. If they were similar it would, or even comparable, but not the same.

And Plotlines. Well I'm sure Harry potters is original. I'd never have ever thought of a wizard school even in my wildest dreams! And action movies? There's a bomb/terrorist/national or personal threat and you/someone you care about/everyone will die if you don't stop it through multiple gunfights and car chases? Ooh, there's originality. (See what I did there? I compared all action movies ever created to each other, disregarding the alternate premises, characters and stories within, just the same as you have done with anime. Your logic fails you.)

Oh, and how can one use "Personal style" when drawing an anime/manga? Or do you assume that a single person goes and draws every single frame by themself? If every artist working on a project drew the same character differently, it wouldn't work now would it?

In any case, look at Cowboy Beebop, then Rurouni Kenshin, then Dragon Ball and finally Pokemon. If you can't see the differences in art style, perhaps you would have trouble seeing the difference in real life and a cartoon in the first place (And they are just the ones that have been westernized), giving a reason as to why you liken anime to a cartoon.

Edited by Rezolution_X

You don't like it because it sucks...interesting. :D The plots are unoriginal? I guess if you watch all of the stuff on Cartoon Network you could say that. How many other shows involve a notebook that kills the person whose name is written in it, and a teenager uses it to judge criminals? Go watch FLCL and be afraid.

Yes, the art can be similiar, but is it as uninspired as other cartoons? I think not. Out of the animes I watch, I can distinguish the different styles used in them.

What is a fanboy or an anime nerd? You have called me an anime nerd on my blog for merely speaking of a show I enjoyed. Is that different then you running around telling everyone how amazing your music is? Or is it since metal is more accepted in the west than anime that it is different?

Your reasoning for not liking it tends to be the popular opinion I come across all the time, and I still don't understand it.

There is a difference between a fan and a fanboy Ramon, remember that.

That has nothing to do with this current topic. However, as Co-Z as conveyed to me, all anime fanboys are also anime nerds.

That has nothing to do with this current topic. However, as Co-Z as conveyed to me, all anime fanboys are also anime nerds.

Yeah, I think I would agree with that.

Yeeep. I don't care if you like anime. But if you're over obsessive about it...

Kids cartoons aren't any better... there are some cartoons that are better than anime... most stuff on TV sucks. Anime sucks, deal with it, I have an opinion. 'Glad I've got some people pissed :D

Then I would have to say this. I hoped better from you. After all, do you agree with the quote in your signature? Like I have stated before, unless if you can actually prove that all of something shares a quality, etc. Then you are just stereotyping.

@Co-Z: I respect the fact that you have an opinion. However, I don't respect your actual opinion about anime, mainly because it is based on impulse and has almost nothing to back it up at all. Unless, of course, that something horrible happened to you that involved anime, and you were scarred for life. :D

Edited by Ramon

Then I would have to say this. I hoped better from you. After all, do you agree with the quote in your signature? Like I have stated before, unless if you can actually prove that all of something shares a quality, etc. Then you are just stereotyping.

As I said before, there is a difference between a fan and a fanboy. I don't think fans of animes are nerds. Adam likes some anime, but I don't consider him an anime nerd. Are all fans nerds? No. But all fanboys are. Prove to me that any fanboy (not a fan) isn't a nerd and I will apologize.

As I said before, there is a difference between a fan and a fanboy. I don't think fans of animes are nerds. Adam likes some anime, but I don't consider him an anime nerd. Are all fans nerds? No. But all fanboys are. Prove to me that any fanboy (not a fan) isn't a nerd and I will apologize.

I cannot prove that. However, I am interested in what special quality separates a Fan from a Fanboy?

Edited by Ramon

Yeeep. I don't care if you like anime. But if you're over obsessive about it...

Kids cartoons aren't any better... there are some cartoons that are better than anime... most stuff on TV sucks. Anime sucks, deal with it, I have an opinion. 'Glad I've got some people pissed :D

I agree that there are those who go over the top, but there will always be those types for every hobby.

You are right to have an opinion, and I'm glad that you have expressed it. It's the logic behind the opinion that I don't understand, and I fear that your lack of willingness to expand upon your reasoning foretells that I will not be receiving a comprehensible reply.

It's kind of like saying music sucks "Just cause", and disregarding the genres of music, as well as the definition. It's the reasoning that'd I'd like to hear. Granted you did explain that you felt it was unimaginative etc., but look at just about everything these days. Music's all emo, movies are all remakes, or adapted from comics, tv shows, books or are simply far to similar to each other to not be stealing ideas from last summers "Big hit". Even advertising is slowly begining to meld. Coke put a whole bunch of random stuff in their adds, so did iPod, and look at all the random blotches and busyness of posters now.

Edited by Rezolution_X

Woah, this is turning into a debate on what's a fanboy and a nerd and a fan?

I just used anime fanboy and anime nerd as synonyms. Y'know those people who wear shirts that say 'hope' in Japanese because it's Japanese, but they wouldn't wear a shirt that said 'hope' in English, would they? They're the people who spend a whole lotta time watching anime. They're the kind of people who wish they were in Japan.

I used to go to the Nintendo NSider forums... it's a hellhole of immaturity there. Along with that is the two thirds of the forum that's obsessed with their favorite animes. I made a topic months ago stating that I don't like anime and don't understand why it's so special. I was flamed like seriously. I've been called racist for not liking anime, the Hell?

I just used anime fanboy and anime nerd as synonyms. Y'know those people who wear shirts that say 'hope' in Japanese because it's Japanese, but they wouldn't wear a shirt that said 'hope' in English, would they? They're the people who spend a whole lotta time watching anime. They're the kind of people who wish they were in Japan.

I've seen people with hope written on their shirts in english. It's the people who buy a shirt that has Japanese on it simply because it's japanese, and not understanding what it says that annoys me. That's the point of no return.

However, I am interested in what special quality separates a Fan from a Fanboy?

Fan: Watches anime. Likes it. Just likes it though. Realizes that it's only a TV show. Doesn't blow it out of perspective.

Fanboy: Obsessed. Has t-shirts of their favorite anime, I really think that Co-Z will be able to explain more. But basically, someone who makes the show more than a show. You know, the person that you can't say anything to. If you say that you don't like anime, they'll cuss you out, call you a racist, and complain bout how you are ignorant. There are fanboys for everything. The best example of a fanboy that I can think of is MCRzezima666. Although he was really more of a forum troll, he still did a good job of portraying a fanboy.

Edited by thebasswizard

Woah, this is turning into a debate on what's a fanboy and a nerd and a fan?

I used to go to the Nintendo NSider forums... it's a hellhole of immaturity there. Along with that is the two thirds of the forum that's obsessed with their favorite animes. I made a topic months ago stating that I don't like anime and don't understand why it's so special. I was flamed like seriously. I've been called racist for not liking anime, the Hell?

I inferred that. I have never posted on the Nsider forums. However, you say yourself that it is a "hellhole of immaturity". So now you are saying that these people's immaturity is more based on their enjoyment of anime, rather than their actual immaturity. So is your point that anime makes people immature, as well?

I inferred that. I have never posted on the Nsider forums. However, you say yourself that it is a "hellhole of immaturity". So now you are saying that these people's immaturity is more based on their enjoyment of anime, rather than their actual immaturity. So is your point that anime makes people immature, as well?

Uh no? This is another bullcrap part of arguements, the part where people try to change what you said into meaning something different.

Anime isn't why it's immature. You should go there sometime... the admins baby them, the majority of users are like ten year olds, and they're all fanboys of something. I'm glad I got banned from there for posting harry potter spoilers >:D

Uh no? This is another bullcrap part of arguements, the part where people try to change what you said into meaning something different.

Anime isn't why it's immature. You should go there sometime... the admins baby them, the majority of users are like ten year olds, and they're all fanboys of something. I'm glad I got banned from there for posting harry potter spoilers >:D

Your second paragraph regarding immaturity had almost no point, rather than being more of a rant. Therefore, I pulled from it what I could. Your latest post doesn't prove much of anything, either.

I really do not want to argue with anyone over this, as I'm seeing a quite typical "this is my opinion, it's right, deal with it because it's fact." And well, the word I use to describe that mentality is "stupid."

My personal experience with it started with complete apathy. I'd see some of it on TV every once in a while and change the channel without question. If someone else was watching it, I would just ignore it completely. It was simple lack of concern or interest.

However, I started watching one show and really liked it. I've even used one of the characters as my avatar (you may or may not remember it). I also watched a couple episodes for another anime show and thought it was pretty good.

I think this personal testimony answers Adam's question a little bit. As I assume about a lot of other people, for me anime just didn't look very interesting. The only shards of exposure I had to it made me think it was weird and awkward. But when I actually found a show I liked, I was really drawn to it. So that's what I think part of it is. People are too quick to judge these days, and they don't bother with something they've already passed judgment over. "That looks stupid... moving on."

Well that's my theory. Of course, I'm sure there are people who have also tried to watch it and just didn't like it. It's a matter of preference. You've also got to remember, there is good and bad for everything. There are good movies and bad ones, good cartoons and bad ones, good anime and bad anime. Ok, I think I've been talking about this enough by now.