Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leadersirs

Knights' Training Ground Mini-game (completed)

Ok, I am going to need a lot of help with this guide as this is my first guide I have ever tried to submit, and I am not exactly sure of a way to format it. I will also need help with pics, as I was unable to get screen shots when I did the mini game.

Oh and so you don't need to look me up, I am 102.38 (as i recall) combat, with 90 attack, 81 defense, 75 strength, and 84 hitpoints.

Special thanks to: Pez, Pinkytm, Augustus Iv, keumper, Morty, albert2006xp, NJL72413, newbownage, sayf, DRAGONBLAST, kastor012 (^_^), Alex The Champion, damaged500, Evolution (:D), Gingerdog, -Ryan-, Freedom, light010, Goladen arm42, Thomas154321, michaelmenace, mrcsupertrain (:aware:), and Knight_Haleth (:yay:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knights' Training Ground Mini-Game

Created by leadersirs

Special thanks to: Pez, Pinkytm, Augustus Iv, keumper, Morty, albert2006xp, NJL72413, newbownage, sayf, DRAGONBLAST, Kastor012, Alex The Champion, Damaged500, Evolution, Gingerdog, -Ryan-, Freedom, light010, Golden arm42, Thomas154321, michaelmenace, mrcsupertrain, and Knight_Haleth

1. Intro

2. Requirements

3. Equipment

4. Inventory

5. Technique

6. Rewards

7. Final Words

Intro

Knights' Training Ground is a safe mini-game that can be completed after the King's Ransom quest. As it is a safe mini-game, you will not lose your items if you happen to die within this mini-game. This mini-game is located on the third floor of the Camelot castle, and it is most easily accessible by using the southwest staircase. Since this mini-game is designated for warriors only, you will be unable to use prayer, range, or mage inside the training grounds.

swavech8.png

Requirements

King's Ransom Quest completed

A high combat level, 90+ is recommended

A high defense level

Equipment

Helm: Rune full helm, Dragon medium helm, Dragon full helm, Warrior helm, Berserker helm, or Helm of neitznot

Amulet: Amulet of glory or Amulet of fury

Cape: Any cape of achievement, Legends cape, Obsidian cape, or Fire cape

Plate: Granite platebody, Rune platebody, Dragon chainmail, or Fighter Torso

Shield: Rune kite shield, Dragon Square shield, Granite shield, Dragonfire shield, or Obsidian shield

Weapon: Abyssal whip (strongly recommended), Dragon scimitar, Dragon longsword, Dragon battleaxe

Legs: Rune platelegs, Dragon plateskirt, Dragon platelegs, or Granite platelegs

Boots: Mithril boots or higher

Gloves: Klank's Gauntlets, Family Crest Gauntlets, or the highest Recipe for Disaster gloves that you can use.

Ring: Berserker ring or Warrior ring

Below is an example of what you could wear into this mini game. I do not recommend the defender as it wastes a lot of needed defence, but it can definitely be used.

bonusdi0.png

Another good idea for this mini game is to bring in barrows armour, with the most effective one being Guthans and Veracs, due to their vast variety of attack styles for the weapon, and for Guthans, the fact that it can heal you throughout the battle.

Inventory

pic01hl2.png

2 super sets (super attack, super strength, super defense potions [4])

A dragon dagger p++ (optional but recommended)

21 of the best food you have/can get. Do not go in there with anything less than monks, or you will almost surely die.

*Note* You can replace 3 pieces of food for an extra super set if you feel like you might run out. (recommended for people below 100 combat) At max, you can take 4 super sets, but do not take more than that.

Technique

Yes, there is in fact a way to beat this hard mini game.

Drink 1 dose of each potion before you enter the minigame. Once you enter the arena, the first knight will appear within 3 seconds and will automatically attack you.

fullimageew9.png

Now, here is a ground rule for whenever you are fighting in this mini game: If any of your individual stats EVER reaches below 10 above its base level, drink a dose of the corresponding potion. A second and final ground rule is to NEVER let your health fall below 25 from its base level.

Getting to the first knight, he is the least of your worries at level 110. Sir Bedivere will drain your strength every time he hits above a 0 on you. On Sir Bedivere, it would be advantageous to use slash attacks.

11gt7.png

The second knight you will face is a level 112 knight called Sir Pelleas. He will drain your defense, and he is weak against slash attacks.

87606010yy1.png

The next knight you will face is level 115 and called Sir Tristram. He is easy to beat when you use stab attacks, but drains strength when he hits you. It is advised to use your dds specials here, as this will give it just enough time to recharge your special for lancelot

74452014dt9.png

The fourth knight that there is, is Sir Palomedes. This level 118 knight is weak against crush attacks, and drains your attack if he happens to hit you.

81499201cf6.png

Following Sir Palomedes, you will fight Sir Lucan. At level 120, he is not easy, and will drain your defence when he hits you. You will want to you use slash attacks against him.

57309132cq5.png

Coming in as the sixth knight is Sir Gawain. He is level 122 and can be easily killed when you use stabbing and slashing attacks. When he hits you, he will drain your attack.

98690155pf5.png

The knight just before Lancelot is Sir Kay. Sir Kay is level 124 and is susceptible to crush attacks. If you get hit, your defence will be drained. Once you defeat Sir Kay, drink a super set (for the skills that you need), as you will be facing the mighty lancelot next. It is very important that you keep your defense high while facing him.

78807075bi6.png

You guessed it, the last and most mighty knight of all is Sir Lancelot. Coming in at 127, he is no easy task. He is so powerful, that he drains not only your strength level, but your defence level as well. This strong knight has one weakness, and that is slashing attacks. Immediately when he comes out, empty your dds specials on him (that is if you brought one), and make sure you keep your stats high.

48651702hk2.png

If you were able to defeat the mighty Lancelot, you will be able to reap the rewards from this mini game.

Rewards

There are of course rewards for finishing this tough mini game.

57507059vc6.png

As you can see, you get several rewards, including:

- 20,000 exp in Hitpoints, Defence, Strength, and Attack skills

- The ability to set your respawn point to Camelot by speaking to Merlin

- The ability to use the prayers Chivalry and Piety

The new Prayers

One of the rewards from this mini game are the prayers Chivalry and Piety.

pic05qm5.png

Chivalry

4p3l4dl.gif

The new prayer Chivalry requires 60 prayer and 65 defence. The bonuses that Chivalry provides are 20% to defence 18% to strength and 15% to attack. This prayer is not stackable with other prayers that enhances any stat, including range and magic. It is stackable with protect from prayers, and other prayers, such as smite, protect item, rapid restore/heal, and retribution.

Piety

63v0kci.gif

The new prayer Piety requires 70 prayer and 70 defence. The bonuses that Piety provides are 25% to defence, 23% to strength, and 20% to attack. Like Chivalry, this prayer is not stackable with other prayers that enhance certain skills. It is stackable with protect from prayers, and prayers, such as retribution.

Final Words

Knights' training ground is a very challenging mini-game for people of all levels. Hopefully, you have gained some tips from this guide to help you complete this mini-game. All in all, good luck, and go get those new prayers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have finished the writing part of this guide, all I need now is proofreaders. Thanks to the people who have already contributed. All help is very must appreciated :D Guys, tell me when to ask for Sal to check, as I am not familiar at all with how a guide gets accepted :P

kntgguidefa9.png This pic was taken out as map was made. WE might need to put back in as map was too wide....... If anyone can lower the size of the map, that would be

awesome :D

Guys, it looks like I am not adding in the poison bit as it is fine without it, although if a few more ppl post asking for it, I will certainly add it in :D

~sirs

Edited by leadersirs

i tried the mini game its quite hard well here a screeny from my first go

full screen:

fullimageew9.png

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/1681/fullimageew9.png

Cut down:

notsofullimagenv7.png

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9563/notsofullimagenv7.png

use which ever one you want

Equipment

Helm: Rune Full helm, dragon medium helm, dragon full helm, warrior helm, beserker helm, or helm of neitznot

Cape: Any cape of achievement, legends cape, obsidian cape, or fire cape

Plate: Granite platebody, rune platebody, dragon platemail, or fighter's torso

Shield: Rune kite shield, Dragon Square shield, or Dragonfire shield

Weapon: Abyssal whip (strongly recommended), dragon scimitar, or dragon longsword

Legs: Rune platelegs, dragon plateskirt, dragon platelegs, or granite platelegs

Gloves: Klank's Gauntlets, Family Crest Gauntlets, or the highest Recipe for Disaster gloves that you can use.

Ring: Beserker ring or Warrior ring

Shield: Rune kite shield, Dragon Square shield, or Dragonfire shield --I don't understand why you capitalise Square(shield) and not

capitalise kite. None should be capitalised.

Plate: Granite platebody, rune platebody, dragon platemail, or fighter's torso-- Again, in the previous correction you capitalised the

names so why you don't capitalise here. There we go. Rune platebody,Fighter Torso And there's not a single Dragon

platemail in the whole game. Maybe you meant Dragon chainmail.

I would add the barrows armors to the list of reccomended armors to wear. Also, since the knights all have different weaknesses (Lancelot is weak to slash attacks, for instance, while Kay is weak to stabbing I believe), it might be a good idea to bring along Guthans spear or maybe a battleaxe, as those weapons can do many different types of attacks.

Good luck with your guide.

My $.02:

A granite shield is as good as any shield already listed. I took 1 super attack (3), 1 super defense (3) and 2 restore (4) potions instead of super restores. You don't really need super restores as the only stats that get reduced are strength, attack, defense and hit points.

Weapon wise, I used a dds and d long and alternated between the 3 attack styles (not controlled), depending on what stat was the highest. All the knights are susceptible to poison. I hit each with 1 dds special until I was sure the poison hit, then switched to my d long.

I have 98 combat and took 23 tuna and corn potatos. I left with 5 tuna taters left and Lancelot hit the hardest. Lancelot was my last knight, so I'm not sure if he's the last for everyone or not.

When you've defeated the 8 knights, you'll be taken out of the room and rewarded with the prayers and experience. You can now talk to Merlin in his room on the second floor of Camelot and choose to have your respawn point changed to Camelot.

Thank you so much Pez for that pic, that's a very good start picture wise :P

Thank you pinkytm for telling me that error, I would not have noticed that, so thanks again :bdaycake:

Thank you Agustus for reminding me to put that in, I already knew that, but forgot to put it in, so thanks a lot for the reminder :band:

Ok, thank you keumper for those tips. I disagree with the pots issue, for a couple of reasons. One, you did not include a super strength potion, and that is one thing that can KILL you in that mini game (having your strength dropped way too low)

Second, super restores restore everything, and once i show you how I did it, it will make a lot more sense as to why I say super restores over individual ones.

With Lancelot, he is in fact the last knight for everyone.

And I completed it, so I knew the rewards, but thank you for the refresher. And thank you for all of your $.02 :lol: :bday:

~sirs

Ok, thank you keumper for those tips. I disagree with the pots issue, for a couple of reasons. One, you did not include a super strength potion, and that is one thing that can KILL you in that mini game (having your strength dropped way too low)

I didn't mention super strengths because I didn't take any. The only time my strength was low was during the last fight. I kept it topped with restore pots if I was using the strength style, otherwise I stuck with attack or defense styles.

You might as well recommend Sara brews if you thought super restores were worth taking.

I didn't mention super strengths because I didn't take any. The only time my strength was low was during the last fight. I kept it topped with restore pots if I was using the strength style, otherwise I stuck with attack or defense styles.

You might as well recommend Sara brews if you thought super restores were worth taking.

KK, ty, and you must have been very lucky than, as the first time I tried it out, my strength got dangerously low just within 5 fights... (even though my strength wasnt even touched in my second and last try, but it is basically all luck)

But, how much do sara brews restore, and how much does it hurt strength and attack?

I can't understand how it's possible to do it with your stats constantly 10 levels below their real level. At combat level 92 i had to do 3 attempts before making it, and i brought 3-4 super sets and sharks and drank a potion whenever my stats reched it's normal level, and even then it was pretty hard.

ty albert and morty, upon request from many of you, I have changed the super restores to a super set....

And, I was able to do it like that morty, as basically my attack is very hgih for my level, so I hit often enough to make up for my stats being so "low" when drained...... THis point however was a big reason why I changed super restores to super set....

Edit: I got almost all the information I need from a very helpful person from runescape official, if anyone can fill in the blanks, that would be awesome :ice:

Knight: 1

Name: Sir Bedivere

Level: 110

Hitpoints: 90

Drains: Strength

Weak Against: Slash

Knight: 2

Name: Sir Pelleas

Level: 112

Hitpoints: 99

Drains: Defence

Knight: 3

Name: Sir Tristram

Level: 115

Hitpoints: 105

Drains: Strength

Weak Against: Stab

Knight: 4

Name: Sir Palomedes

Level: 118

Hitpoints: ?

Drains: Attack

Weak Against: crush

Knight: 5

Name: Sir Lucan

Level: 121

Weak Against: slash

Knight: 6

Name: Sir Gawain

Level: 122

Drains: Attack

Weak Against: Stab and Slash

Knight: 7

Name: Sir Kay

Level: 125

Weak Against: Crush

Knight: 8

Name: Sir Lancelot

Level: 127

Drains: Strength and Defence

Edited by leadersirs

as for the equipment i'd suggest the obby shield or rune defender (or best defender you can get) as they provide an extra strength bonus.

also, do Barrows sets work in it? if so than i'd suggest full Guthans.

best possible affordable armor

Helm: Helm or Neitiznot

Amulet: Amulet of Glory

Cape: Legends/Obsidian cape

Plate: Rune Body/Fighter Torso

Shield: Obsidian Shield/Rune Defender (or the best you can get)

Weapon: DDP++ and Dragon Longsword/Dragon Mace/Dragon Scimitar/Abbysal Whip

Legs: Rune Platelegs

Boots: Addamant Boots/Rune Boots/Climbing Boots

Gloves: The best Recipe for Disaster gloves that you can use

Ring: Ring of Recoil

best possible armor

Helm: Helm of Neitiznot/Guthans/Torags/Veracs

Amulet: Amulet of Fury

Cape: Cape of Achievement/Fire cape

Plate: Dragon Chainmail/Fighter Torso/Torags

Shield: Obsidian Shield/Rune Defender/Dragonfire Shield (charged)

Weapon: Abyssal Whip

Legs: Dharock/Torag/Verac

Boots: Rune Boots

Gloves: Gloves (Barrows, from RFD)

Ring: Beserker Ring

best possible barrows armor

Helm: Guthans

Amulet: Amulet of fury

Cape: Cape of Achievement/Fire cape

Plate: Guthans

Shield: N/A

Weapon: Guthans Spear and DDP++

Legs: Guthans

Boots: Rune Boots

Gloves: Gloves (Barrows, from RFD)

Ring: Beserker Ring

Edited by NJL72413

pic01hl2.png

pic02fz7.png

pic03qn7.png

pic04ve5.png

You can use these pics if you want. I would have gotten the knight pics but it wouldn't let me re-enter the training ground.

NJL, ty for those suggestions, but I already have most of them, and I did not put rune defender as it sacrifices much needed defence.

Newbownage, TY SO MUCH FOR THOSE PICS! That really helps an unbelieveable amount :)

thank you very much newbownage :aware:

Guys, I am finishing up the wriing today, and will start needing proof readers once I am done.

I also need pics from within the game, and a pic of the two new prayers by themselves. All help is very much appreciated :aware:

~sirs

Guide looks good, but why super sets that is a waste of money, everyone says restore pots (not super just normal) about 5 or 6 do it and use them any time your stats fall below 10 of their normal. Alot cheaper and it brings you up the right amount instead of making a big jump and costing alot.

- 20,00 exp in Hitpoints, Defence, Strength, and Attack skills

should be 20,000 :D

mini game -> mini-game ;)

nice guide

Intro

Knight's Training Ground is a safe mini game that can be completed after the King's Ransom quest. As it is a safe mini game, you will not lose your items if you happen to die within this mini game. This mini game is located on the third floor of the Camelot castle, and it is most easily accessible by using the southwest staircase. Since this mini game is designated for warriors only, you will be unable to use range or mage inside the training grounds. [need pic of castle first floor and third floor]

c should be C

Equipment

Helm: Rune full helm, Dragon medium helm, Dragon full helm, Warrior helm, Berserker helm, or Helm of neitznot

Shield: Rune kite shield, Dragon Square shield, Granite shield, Dragonfire shield, or Obsidian shield

Weapon: Abyssal whip (strongly recommended), Dragon scimitar, Dragon longsword, Dragon battleaxe

Below is an example of what you could wear into this mini game. I do not recommend the defender as it wastes a lot of needed defence, but it can definitely be used.

Another good idea for this mini game is to bring in barrows armour, with the most effective one being Guthans and Veracs, due to their vast variety of attack styles for the weapon, and for guthans, the fact that it can heal you throughout the battle.

Now, here is a ground rule for whenever you are fighting in this mini game: If any of your individual stats EVER reaches below 10 above its base level, drink a dose of the corresponding potion. A second and final ground rule is to NEVER let your health fall below 25 from its base level.

Getting to the first knight, he is the least of your worries at lvl 110. Sir Bedivere will drain your strength every time he hits above a 0 on you. On Sir Bedivere, it would be advantageous to use slash attacks.

The knight just before Lancelot is Sir Kay. Sir Kay is level 125 and is susceptible to crush attacks. If you get hit, your defence will be drained. Once you defeat Sir Kay, drink a super set (for the skills that you need), as you will be facing the mighty Lancelot next.

You guessed it, the last and most mighty knight of all is Sir Lancelot. Coming in at 127, he is no easy task. He is so powerful, that he drains not only your strength level, but your defence level as well. This strong knight has one weakens, and that is slashing attacks.

The new prayer chivalry requires 60 prayer and 65 defence. The bonuses that chivalry provide are 20% to defence 18% to strength and 15% to attack. This prayer is not stackable with other prayers that enhances any stat, including range and magic. It is stackable with protect from prayers, and other prayers, such as smite, protect item, rapid restore/heal, and retribution.

These are the spelling and grammar mistakes I have found so far. :wub:

Guide looks good, but why super sets that is a waste of money, everyone says restore pots (not super just normal) about 5 or 6 do it and use them any time your stats fall below 10 of their normal. Alot cheaper and it brings you up the right amount instead of making a big jump and costing alot.

Thanks, and first, 2 super sets only cost 25k (for [4]) and super sets allow your level to go higher than your actual level, allowing you to hit better and defend better :P

- 20,00 exp in Hitpoints, Defence, Strength, and Attack skills

should be 20,000 :ice:

mini game -> mini-game :laugh:

nice guide

Thanks for those corrections :aware:

Intro

Knight's Training Ground is a safe mini game that can be completed after the King's Ransom quest. As it is a safe mini game, you will not lose your items if you happen to die within this mini game. This mini game is located on the third floor of the Camelot castle, and it is most easily accessible by using the southwest staircase. Since this mini game is designated for warriors only, you will be unable to use range or mage inside the training grounds. [need pic of castle first floor and third floor]

c should be C

Equipment

Another good idea for this mini game is to bring in barrows armour, with the most effective one being Guthans and Veracs, due to their vast variety of attack styles for the weapon, and for guthans, the fact that it can heal you throughout the battle.

Getting to the first knight, he is the least of your worries at lvl 110. Sir Bedivere will drain your strength every time he hits above a 0 on you. On Sir Bedivere, it would be advantageous to use slash attacks.

The knight just before Lancelot is Sir Kay. Sir Kay is level 125 and is susceptible to crush attacks. If you get hit, your defence will be drained. Once you defeat Sir Kay, drink a super set (for the skills that you need), as you will be facing the mighty Lancelot next.

You guessed it, the last and most mighty knight of all is Sir Lancelot. Coming in at 127, he is no easy task. He is so powerful, that he drains not only your strength level, but your defence level as well. This strong knight has one weakens, and that is slashing attacks.

The new prayer chivalry requires 60 prayer and 65 defence. The bonuses that chivalry provide are 20% to defence 18% to strength and 15% to attack. This prayer is not stackable with other prayers that enhances any stat, including range and magic. It is stackable with protect from prayers, and other prayers, such as smite, protect item, rapid restore/heal, and retribution.

These are the spelling and grammar mistakes I have found so far. :yay:

Thank you very much for doing that proof read :aware:

I did this minigame when it came out & I found out. I didn't need to waste 1 shark if I just attacked them first.

Like when Lancelot comes, try to attack him first & he won't attack back.

Not sure if it still work.

I did this minigame when it came out & I found out. I didn't need to waste 1 shark if I just attacked them first.

Like when Lancelot comes, try to attack him first & he won't attack back.

Not sure if it still work.

There was a content update that fixed this glitch after it came out. Thanks for the advice though :P

Edit: Got the two prayers by themselves (not sure if I should transparent them or not), now I just need a few pics from within the game, Kastor is getting me the pic of cammy castle :P

Edited by leadersirs

lmao, tbh i'm lvl 123... and i beat every one of them with no food, and black armour, its really not that hard =\ so anybody can do it with a few sharks >.>

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.