Sign in to follow this  
sig314

Anime

anime  

27 members have voted

1. 1. anime

• subbed
    • dubbed

subbed is where if the show is in another language it has what their saying written down the bottom into your language

dubbed is where they translate the audio of the show into your language

:D :yay: :D :) :D ^_^ :) :P

deshwitatl did the pics while waiting for validation

Interestingly enough, I usually prefer dubbed anime. Japanese people's inflections are very different from Americans', so watching subbed anime, you have to infer the intentions behind things. As an actor, I find this very difficult to do in a short period of time. That's why I prefer dubbed - I can hear how they're reading the lines and understand the characters' emotions. Plus, the text is just distracting...

I hate it either way. :P But I guess I'd prefer having them speak in English so I don't have to read.

Definitely subbed. When it's dubbed, the original expression and tone of voice is gone. This way, sometimes the real message they want to deliver is also gone.

I only watch one dubbed anime, and that's Cowboy Bebop. I watch it because it is a very good dub and because the sub is impossible to find. I use sub as much as I can because the voice actors are betters, nothing gets "lost in translation", and that was what the anime was originally intended to be anyway.

Anyone who wants a laugh, check out Death Note dubbed on Youtube. :P

Watch the FMA movie subbed and dubbed, you will notice how RIDICULOUSLY FAR OFF THE TEXT IS FROM WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SAY.

subbed coz dubbed voices sounds odd and gay e.g: renji dubbed voice no offence

Edited by jack6128

I like subbed and dubbed, but subbed better. I realize the translation difference, but I can't stand the voices in American dubbed. Like Naruto for example, it sucks dubbed. FLCL, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, and Ergo Proxy are the only ones that I watch in english.

I like subbed and dubbed, but subbed better. I realize the translation difference, but I can't stand the voices in American dubbed. Like Naruto for example, it sucks dubbed. FLCL, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, and Ergo Proxy are the only ones that I watch in english.

Bleach dubbed. :D

dubbed cause you can watch and listen instead of watch/reading it!

subbed because most American voice overs are horrible

the only dubbed anime i watch are the ones on tv , the original totoro,.hack//sign and g gundam(only because i can imagine it other wise because i remember it from my childhood same with dbz

:D

i do both, i watch it through once dubbed, than again subbed.

dot hack is best subbed, kthxbai

I've never tried to watch anything subbed. I'm going to go have to though. I think that's an option on my Trigun DVDs anyway... >_>

Subbed >>>>> Dubbed. Maybe put in a few more greater-thans. The only problem is that I can't get subbed onto my tv, so I often end up watching animes dubbed anyway. :P

Definetly Subtitles. some dubbing can be plain horrible. Although with subtitiles, it can be hard to read and watch at the same time >>

naruto is friking awesom

you didnt even read his post, did you

read his post, thats what i mean

read the first post. hes asking whether you like it dubbed or subbed