Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Freakofnnaat

Macroer Slaying

Ok, so clearly macroers are still doing what they do best in runescape. Destroying the economy with Runescapes very own version of cheap labor. My suggestion is fairly simple. I was reading on Wikipedia, about runescapes battle with autoers. but it gave me a great idea. If some macros work based on their color recognition abilites, why not release a new set of clothing in runescape that was the same series of colours as objects that usually have macroers surrounding them. I have several ideas:

- Modify camouflage armor so that it has the same color palate as "Yew" trees.

- Modify green d'hide so that the color palate is the same as "Magic" trees.

- Introduce some kind of blue robes that have the same color palate as the fishing spots.

My rational for this, is that people have sucessfully fought flax picking macros by wearing those green gnome robes (Usually a full set). But in short,

untitledbv8.png

Edited by Freakofnnaat

i support, macroers bug the heck out of me, so now i can taunt thm!yay!

uuuhh.....maybe i'm the only one but.....i don't really care about macroers. learn to ignore them.

in my head, macroers don't even show up ^_^

uuuhh.....maybe i'm the only one but.....i don't really care about macroers. learn to ignore them.

in my head, macroers don't even show up

Im just saying, yes its easy to ignore them. But they do not care what happens to the character people have invested much time in. You can go and ignore them. They wont affect you to much, for now. Im not forcing anybody to have to fight the problem, but I would like to empower those who want to wage war on them. Its not like its going to hurt to have your rank on the highscores advanced for no cost.

Edit: By the way, I wish I did come up with that prayer idea. :rolleyes:

Edited by Freakofnnaat

in my head, macroers don't even show up :rolleyes:

I'm with you.

Even if this suggestion was made into reality in runescape, sooner or later, the macro-developers would figure out a way for the bot to click out the color coordinates of the rock or a tree.

Slaying is not the answer, they will re generate.

Ok, ill have a bake sale and try to raise enough money to buy all the computers in the world! Fine, then what do you purpose the answer is? Im just saying that a temporary soulution is better then twittling are thumbs and hoping jagex will save us. Something in the programing has got to give. If enough people in runescape were involved, we could kill the macroers in a week. Apathetic people, have more than once been the fall of something, regardless of size. We may win, but to many men have forsaken what is right, for what is easy. I heard a arguement the other day that macroers had become to mainstream to be removed now. Do we really want to live off a leech, that slowly sucks all the life out of this game?

Delinda est macroers!

Edited by Freakofnnaat

I support cause I hate auto-ers.

you can't stop autoers unless you get hawk eye stupid jagex!

I dont quite understand you. Are you saying we need Jagex to watch all these spots where many macroers hang out?

the macros who cut yew trees, can always change the pixel colours, so you mean make the plates ALL the colours of trees? the robe idea isn't that bad I'm not sure are the fishing spots multi coloured pixels too.

The main reason I am posting in this topic, is that you used Cato the Elder's old line about Carthage, but beyond that, I agree with you. However, sometimes I wonder about whether Jagex would rather take the membership money that some of these macroers buy, and kind of ignore the problem. As for all the people who say that we should ignore them, remember that they're also messing with the prices for many items, which can effect us even if we, "ignore" them.

don't one word post please. Dang, off topic!

not anymore :crying:

I like that idea, maybe they should make scrying orbs placed at the yew trees and fishing spots, that made a message appear in your chatbox, and unmuted anybody for one sentence, and turned all "public chat: off" to friends. If people didn't talk in the time limit, they got marks, JaGeX could see all these marks, and all reports of when somebody was reported for marcroing, and what was going on at that time. If somebody got enough marks, they would get a warning, then they have to talk to a scrying orb, and type in the reason they should not be muted or banned. All of the town criers would have the scrying orbs, as would the bankers, and upon request, you could talk to thier orb and respond. This would probably mean jagex would need more people working on this through an external program, and thus would create more job oppertunities for people able to work in the U.K.

Edited by D Ocean

the macros who cut yew trees, can always change the pixel colours, so you mean make the plates ALL the colours of trees? the robe idea isn't that bad I'm not sure are the fishing spots multi coloured pixels too.

Im not going to pretend to know what the exact colours are, but I think the new robes would be a cross (Color wise) between those blue F2P wizard robes, and P2P's blue mystic robes.

The main reason I am posting in this topic, is that you used Cato the Elder's old line about Carthage, but beyond that, I agree with you. However, sometimes I wonder about whether Jagex would rather take the membership money that some of these macroers buy, and kind of ignore the problem.

I was really hoping somebody would realise I took that line from cato the elder. :wub: I agree it seems like Jagex would rather take the membership money then do the right thing and ban the macroers. I heard that 1/8 of the members population is macroers, but this might not be true.

D ocean, I like your idea. I mean, there would be insane amounts of flaming for getting a warning (Just a guess) I imagine quite a few people would claim they lagged or something. What if you couldn't move til you typed it, and if you failed, it teleported you somewhere? By the way, I didn't quote you because, your above me. Oh, and more jobs in the U.K. wouldn't hurt.

I don't fully get what your talking about. So your saying to do a certain skill, one would have to wear a certain piece of clothing?

Well the main reson they were able to solve the flax problem was because those macroers used the seers village flax field. So mostly only people picking flax there had to wear the gnome robes, but with wcing and fishing its harder (in P2P). In P2Pworlds there are many yew trees and many magic trees..It would be hard to inforce a dress police there. And for fishing it would be a bit of a problem too... Lots of fishing spots..But for F2P there are like only 3-5 yew trees and 2 lob pot and and 2-3 harpoon spots (1 harpoon and lob pot is in wild so no macroers there) so that dress code could be ussed there.. I say make the wcing and fishing randoms more freqent so more macroers die! :ice:

:yay:

Edited by ColdHeart

Ok, so clearly macroers are still doing what they do best in runescape. Destroying the economy with Runescapes very own version of cheap labor. My suggestion is fairly simple. I was reading on Wikipedia, about runescapes battle with autoers. but it gave me a great idea. If some macros work based on their color recognition abilites, why not release a new set of clothing in runescape that was the same series of colours as objects that usually have macroers surrounding them. I have several ideas:

- Modify camouflage armor so that it has the same color palate as "Yew" trees.

- Modify green d'hide so that the color palate is the same as "Magic" trees.

- Introduce some kind of blue robes that have the same color palate as the fishing spots.

My rational for this, is that people have sucessfully fought flax picking macros by wearing those green gnome robes (Usually a full set). But in short,

untitledbv8.png

Its good idea but then they will make SCAR strips that do it on Location of the screen.

I don't fully get what your talking about. So your saying to do a certain skill, one would have to wear a certain piece of clothing?

Heavens no! I mean, that its a optional piece of clothing you can wear if you want, that should hopefully mess with macroers.

Well the main reson they were able to solve the flax problem was because those macroers used the seers village flax field. So mostly only people picking flax there had to wear the gnome robes, but with wcing and fishing its harder (in P2P). In P2Pworlds there are many yew trees and many magic trees..It would be hard to inforce a dress police there. And for fishing it would be a bit of a problem too... Lots of fishing spots..But for F2P there are like only 3-5 yew trees and 2 lob pot and and 2-3 harpoon spots (1 harpoon and lob pot is in wild so no macroers there) so that dress code could be ussed there.. I say make the wcing and fishing randoms more freqent so more macroers die!

I read something on the official forums about people leading them to the giant bats. Its safe to say they where six feet under after that. Like I try to project, you don't have to wear the clothing. I don't think it would be too hard, most macroers have to bank somewhere. From there people could get their stuff and mess around with them. In F2P, we could probably cripple them, for a time. This is something that I feel should should be used to F2P worlds. Jagex, will of course secure members worlds first I presume. More random events could help, more so, if they range or mage you and follow you for a longer distance.

Its good idea but then they will make SCAR strips that do it on Location of the screen.

Truthfully, I think Jagex will have to find a way around that. But I have one idea, what if you designate two or three squares potential tree locations? The idea being that every 5 or 10 minutes or whenever, the tree can randomly change spots. If we can get around the location problem, and the color recognition capabilities then woodcutting macroers might be gone. But more likely than not, it will be a Pyrrhic victory for them. I mean this in the sense they will still exist, trough not on the scale they do now. But perhaps this is to short-sided a idea.

personaly i dont think jagex cares about f2p cuz it dosent seem there doing much about autoers in f2p so only when they become a member they would ban the auto bots because now they dont want to risk anyone from losing there membership cuz there fedup about autoers. i dont realy care about autoers that much cuz there basicly making the yew prices go up cuz more pll are needing yews for con and stuff.

Im not going to pretend to know what the exact colours are, but I think the new robes would be a cross (Color wise) between those blue F2P wizard robes, and P2P's blue mystic robes.
The main reason I am posting in this topic, is that you used Cato the Elder's old line about Carthage, but beyond that, I agree with you. However, sometimes I wonder about whether Jagex would rather take the membership money that some of these macroers buy, and kind of ignore the problem.
I was really hoping somebody would realise I took that line from cato the elder. :yay: I agree it seems like Jagex would rather take the membership money then do the right thing and ban the macroers. I heard that 1/8 of the members population is macroers, but this might not be true.D ocean, I like your idea. I mean, there would be insane amounts of flaming for getting a warning (Just a guess) I imagine quite a few people would claim they lagged or something. What if you couldn't move til you typed it, and if you failed, it teleported you somewhere? By the way, I didn't quote you because, your above me. Oh, and more jobs in the U.K. wouldn't hurt.
but remember when they become a member then they get baned to refundes! so they still get some money. Edited by ingamename

hawkeye is what they use in cricket and tennis lol. But seriously, something MUST be done in f2p and members. Maybe you have to have a certain total level or hours played in game to become member? In f2p, Jagex doesn't seem too interested, which is unfair. How about if someone stays in one place for too long we can pile them!! I think i'm gonna make a thread about that.

hawkeye is what they use in cricket and tennis lol. But seriously, something MUST be done in f2p and members. Maybe you have to have a certain total level or hours played in game to become member? In f2p, Jagex doesn't seem too interested, which is unfair. How about if someone stays in one place for too long we can pile them!! I think i'm gonna make a thread about that.

From what I have read about SCAR scripts, they usually have the character using them stand around and not do actions for a "X" amount of time. I like the idea, but macroers dont usually stand around.

but remember when they become a member then they get baned to refundes! so they still get some money.

Your right, and Jagex will make money either way. I assume that jagex would make more money, if they had real people playing. The kind who (usually) wont quit or be banned after a month.