Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adam?

(c)rap

I wish Daniel wasn't leaving. :)

Wow, this topic is really getting off topic...

Not if you knew Daniel it isn't.

Guest Emanick1
Fur Elise pwns j00 all.

And Bass, I think that your number three rapper should be number one. So it should look like this:

Owned. :)

I think #8 should be Weird Al. He raps sometimes. :wub:

8. Weird Al

People need to get a sense of realism on the forum. Have you ever wondered that perhaps people who like to use computers are driven by particular rhythms, beats, and lyrics found in rock music, and those who enjoy rap may do over things, or spend time in other forums, not related to MMORPG's?

It's not that rap is bad - most people on this forum would argue to the death so, but it isn't crap as some of you may put it. I prefer other music over rap, but consider trying to write complicated lyrics and then performing them so others would enjoy. I doubt that anyone here will ever grow up to be successful in music, so stop putting rap to shame. It may be bad for you, but that's not a fact.

On topic - I don't enjoy listening to rap.

Errr where are the words in rap? :) I can never disiphire them :yay: (errm spelling? :))

Edited by Big Tree

Rapping Well, That's great isn't it.. Not.

Yeah blud init i can sing init lol i r hard :yay:

Errr where are the words in rap? :yay: I can never disiphire them :mad: (errm spelling? :mad:)

learn to listen Homie :P

sometimes they say: Gangsta gansgta..and homiez, and yo, and wut, wut, f-iretruck, f-iretruckdriving, and some other words that you cannot understand because you dont get the meaning of life Bro..

EDIT: FORGOT ABOUT: Shizzle, fizzle, televizzle and all other possible worlds that have a meaning that end with izzle..like wizzle, etc

^^ lmao that was funny..anyways Rap is better than rock cuz rock is like 666 the devil pwnz j00 m0m 666 yah metal is metal and wer all mental.. and then they break their guitars... I dont get rock.

Rap is .....

Rock is better.

Rap is just rhyming.

Rap is .....

Rock is better.

Rap is just rhyming.

with meaningful thoughts :)

when he talks about his girl getting shot because she has been playing the playas with other guys while pimps pimped her ride..i felt so good :yay:

lets see, Rock has, 1 lead guitarist,1 rythm guitarist,1 bassist,1 drummer,sometimes a keyboardest.

rap has, singer. what has more tallent?

Look at Rush, any of the members has more tallent than all the rap groups out there. plus rock has been in the buisnness for 40 years.

Rush has released 19 studio albums,7 live albums, 8 compilation albums. Their lineup has remained unchanged since 1975. lets see any rap artist top that.

Edited by vegas

Rap is really bad music in my opinion, not straying any further, mkay? :(

Good heavens: is it so hard to not listen to music you don't like, and not going into holy wars to defend your favorite kinds of music? Seriously..the only worse instances of fanboy-ism is a Nintendo fanboy fitting his Wiimote with a blade on one side so that he can cut all PS3 and XBOX cables (I read that somewhere, but can't remember).

Seriously...get a grip. :) My music tastes are pretty far from rap, although I *do* like some rap songs, as I don't like some rock songs, as I like some classical music, etcetera, etcetera.

BVXJ4N2PEAE7ZXC3YBGUKBDD6KC7QELS.jpg

Rick Astley - "Never Gonna Give You Up"

Edited by Dani

Rap is .....

Rock is better.

Rap is just rhyming.

with meaningful thoughts :P

when he talks about his girl getting shot because she has been playing the playas with other guys while pimps pimped her ride..i felt so good :P

its pointless rhyming... its all about chicks, guns, gangstaz and blowing each other's brains into the wall, and no that isnt fun to listen too... the only few rappers that i did listen (yes, i have a r&b background, but now im cured, i filled my live with guitars and grindin dudes now =]=]) where Eminem and dr. Dre, cuz they where rappin about things that are important, they are telling there live stories and things, and now im going to quit talking about rap, cuz im not listening it anymore :o^^

^ yeah, but there were others who had points too, you just probably never listened to hip hop that much. IMO i think that Tupac was the best, but he didn't always talk about killing people, if you listen to his songs.

To many people, rap is like a poem, a poem doesn't need a nice voice, it's just rhyming things together, but it doesn't always need to rhyme as long as it makes sense.

If you don't like Rap/Hip Hop, don't listen to it.

eh i dont like rap cause i cant undestand it and they sing way to fast on some of it same with meatle lol my bro listens to meatle and i say wtf are they saying???

Yes meatle lyrics are very hard to understand. But metal lyrics are quite easy :closedeyes:.

I usually hear that the other way around, "rap music involves no talent". I'm not a fan of rap music. The beat and how they say the words always sounds like they're angry, even when they're rapping about something they're happy about. I don't want to feel angry all the time. In my opinion, the true talent goes unseen. In today's world, someone is hired to write the lyrics and the instrumental part of the song. All the singer has to do is sing the song and look good for the camera. Yes, looking good for the camera does take some talent, not everyone can do that, but that's not what they should be made famous for. They should be famous for writting and singing, and music artists don't even have to do that, like Avril Lavigne for example. She is possibly the worst singers I've ever heard, but today's computers can make her sound good. Girls every where went crazy over her and her songs. The next time you buy a CD, check the credits (if there are any) in the little pamphlet they give you, and you'll see what I'm talking about, given you like mainstream music.

Edited by Bub5000

Almost everybody here is forgetting that there is some good stuff, but you have to look back some years in time.

ok, every music has its faults,

rock.... im not going to go there... o wait, yes i am... it has some good songs then you get into heavy metal/"traditional" rock... i can't understand them -high pitched loud voice along with sreeching and shaking of head-, apparently they only sound good loud but it deafens me...

rap... fast and unpopular among many.. they have made good songs and go good with duo's and rap/rock crossovers.

classical... dont listen to much, wont rate

chick... ok, im definetly not going there....

punk... emo rock

ok, every music has its faults,

rock.... im not going to go there... o wait, yes i am... it has some good songs then you get into heavy metal/"traditional" rock... i can't understand them -high pitched loud voice along with sreeching and shaking of head-, apparently they only sound good loud but it deafens me...

rap... fast and unpopular among many.. they have made good songs and go good with duo's and rap/rock crossovers.

punk... emo rock

punk... emo rock

punk... emo rock

punk... emo rock

phailut9.jpg

Rap does require talent otherwise wouldn't everyone on this forum be rapping at least in secret if they're embarrassed about making a CD? And how many of us are music producers? :/

And most of your impressions of rap are way too stereotypical, rap has mostly changed from the 90s and early 2000s and, for example, 50 cent isn't as popular as before, while Kanye West.

And rapping being all about shooting, drugs, money, etc? That's also stereotypical, there aren't much of those songs anymore nowadays... except for from 50 cent but as I said he isn't as popular as other rappers, for example as I said before, Kanye West, does he ever rap about gangs and drugs? :wub:

And take a look at this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWg3IMN_rhU

It's a really popular song, with 3 rappers, and what is it about? Them loving each other without caring about how much money he has or about her appearance. :s

And if you want proof that the above song is popular:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/char...llboard+Hot+100

The song is number three.

Note: I don't only listen to rap I can listen to rock or any genre as long as the song sounds good.

Can we please have an intelligent discussion from now on? :aware:

People need to get a sense of realism on the forum. Have you ever wondered that perhaps people who like to use computers are driven by particular rhythms, beats, and lyrics found in rock music, and those who enjoy rap may do over things, or spend time in other forums, not related to MMORPG's?

+1

sometimes they say: Gangsta gansgta..and homiez, and yo, and wut, wut, f-iretruck, f-iretruckdriving, and some other words that you cannot understand because you dont get the meaning of life Bro..

EDIT: FORGOT ABOUT: Shizzle, fizzle, televizzle and all other possible worlds that have a meaning that end with izzle..like wizzle, etc

You're thinking of 90s rap.

Good heavens: is it so hard to not listen to music you don't like, and not going into holy wars to defend your favorite kinds of music? Seriously..the only worse instances of fanboy-ism is a Nintendo fanboy fitting his Wiimote with a blade on one side so that he can cut all PS3 and XBOX cables (I read that somewhere, but can't remember).

+1

Edited by Prashanna

Rap does require talent - but not much

some rap is ok - to me - if u can get the gist of the song in 1-2 listens, its not about stabbing someone and u cna hear and understand 98% of the words then, generally, its okay

gangster rap is awful.

But you wouldnt find one rap cd in my house, or on my computer

drum and bass (with the minimal rap) is good (like pendulem) and electronic bands without too much rap is also ok.

But nothing beats rock, metal, punk and indie (and that kind of stuff)