Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Damaged500

Hitpoints Rewrite

Guthix's Rest: Cures some poison, restores Run Energy & boosts Hits by 5 if you have full health. Requires level 18 Herblore and you must have talked to Sanfew during the One Small Favor quest to be able to make this.

Favor - Favour

That is how it is spelled in RuneScape.

-Fixed

Thanks for noticing it. I think the guide is fully complete now :wub:

[*]onyxbracelet.gif Bracelet of Regeneration: Cuts your hitpoint recovery time in half. It has no limit.

This should be "hitpoints"

Edited by Baby Luigi

The shade of some pictures were missing.

monkfish.gif

mantaray.gif

necklace.gif

ring.gif

pizza.gif

shark.gif

turtle.gif

[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/monkfish.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/mantaray.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/necklace.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/ring.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/pizza.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/shark.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/turtle.gif]

Is that really a big thing?

look at the pizza it's missing the black and the shade i don't think it's hard to replace the pictures.

[*]onyxbracelet.gif Bracelet of Regeneration: Cuts your hitpoint recovery time in half. It has no limit.

This should be "hitpoints"

-Fixed

The shade of some pictures were missing.

monkfish.gif

mantaray.gif

necklace.gif

ring.gif

pizza.gif

shark.gif

turtle.gif

[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/monkfish.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/mantaray.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/necklace.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/ring.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/pizza.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/shark.gif]
[IMG=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/roy192837/turtle.gif]

Is that really a big thing?

look at the pizza it's missing the black and the shade i don't think it's hard to replace the pictures.

I know it's not hard to replace the pictures, I was just wondering if they really needed to be replaced.

I personally don't think it's a big deal, but I'll do it anyways :yay:

-Added

Edited by Damaged500

Bracelet of Regeneration: Cuts your hitpoint's recovery time in half. It has no limit.

Doubles your Hitpoint recovery rate.

Redemption: If your hitpoints drop below 10%, you'll be healed 25% of your maximum Prayer. Also, this prayer drains all of your prayer points. This requires level 49 Prayer.

Also, this drains all of your Prayer Points when used. -(instead of saying 'prayer drains.. prayer points, it just makes a little more sense that way)

you should also add that the Dream spell (available after Dream Mentor) from the Lunar spells Triples your HP recovery rate.

Edited by NJL72413

This jewelry can teleport you away when your hitpoints drop to a certain point, speed up the hitpoints recovery time, and even restore some of your hitpoints.

I'm not sure how to correct that but it's suppose to be These (some kind of plural for jewelry) can teleport you away etc.

Ring of Life: If you are wearing this and your hitpoints drop below 10%, it will teleport you to your spawn point. Note that it is still possible to die while wearing this. It will turn into dust once charge has been used up.

The charge

This happens when you attack someone first in the Wild.

Don't think it's needed but change wild to Wilderness

Jewellery doesn't have a plural but it is spelt wrong (unless that's another Americanism :D ).

Edited by Thomas154321

you should also add that the Dream spell (available after Dream Mentor) from the Lunar spells Triples your HP recovery rate.

Some more info about the dream spell. It requires 79 magic, 2 Astral, 5 Body, and 1 cosmic rune. A picture of the icon : dreamki4.gif

Jewellery doesn't have a plural but it is spelt wrong (unless that's another Americanism :glasses: ).

It is an Americanism =Þ

Edited by Hawk

you might also want to mention that some of the the items listed in this guide ARE tradeable and some are NOT, i didn't think the Guth Tea was until I looked it up but it is, so just to clear up any doubts make sure everyone knows what you can and can't buy

Karambwan- is

Rock Cakes: is not

Mud Pie: is

Unidentified Liquid: is not

Nightshade: is not

Nitroglycerin: is not

Explosive Potion: cw only, is not

Karamja Rum: is not

Poison Chalice: is

you might also want to mention armor/weaponry/items that are effected by your hitpoints, in particular the Dharock the Wretched barrows set

Edited by NJL72413

This jewelry can teleport you away when your hitpoints drop to a certain point, speed up the hitpoints recovery time, and even restore some of your hitpoints.

I'm not sure how to correct that but it's suppose to be These (some kind of plural for jewelry) can teleport you away etc.

-Fixed

Ring of Life: If you are wearing this and your hitpoints drop below 10%, it will teleport you to your spawn point. Note that it is still possible to die while wearing this. It will turn into dust once charge has been used up.

The charge

-Fixed

This happens when you attack someone first in the Wild.

Don't think it's needed but change wild to Wilderness

-Fixed

Jewellery doesn't have a plural but it is spelt wrong (unless that's another Americanism :blink: ).

Some more info about the dream spell. It requires 79 magic, 2 Astral, 5 Body, and 1 cosmic rune. A picture of the icon : dreamki4.gif

Jewellery doesn't have a plural but it is spelt wrong (unless that's another Americanism :blink: ).

It is an Americanism =Þ

Hawk, thanks for the Dream Spell info :D

you might also want to mention that some of the the items listed in this guide ARE tradeable and some are NOT, i didn't think the Guth Tea was until I looked it up but it is, so just to clear up any doubts make sure everyone knows what you can and can't buy

Karambwan- is

Rock Cakes: is not

Mud Pie: is

Unidentified Liquid: is not

Nightshade: is not

Nitroglycerin: is not

Explosive Potion: cw only, is not

Karamja Rum: is not

Poison Chalice: is

you might also want to mention armor/weaponry/items that are effected by your hitpoints, in particular the Dharock the Wretched barrows set

I am focusing on how the food items would effect you when eaten/drunk, not on their specific info, but thanks for you effort :D

Also, I know nothing about barrows armor, so if you or someone else could submit that info, I'll add it :)

-Also, I have deleted some of the "Bad Food" items as I realized that the title "Bad Foods" didn't apply to a few of the items as they can't be eaten.

Edited by Damaged500

Splats

Called 'hit splats' in the skill menu, splats are what the different colored splotches that appear on your character during and after combat. There are four different kinds, two of which are members only.

Take the 'what' out.

why did you remove some of the item on the 'dangerous' list?

Read my post (the one just before yours) and look at the bottom at the bolded text :P

Splats

Called 'hit splats' in the skill menu, splats are what the different colored splotches that appear on your character during and after combat. There are four different kinds, two of which are members only.

Take the 'what' out.

-Fixed

Great guide, i can#t really see any mistakes. I didn't think there'd be so much to say about hitpoints :P

-Red :)

also, to use the Dream spell you must not be in combat and if something attacks you while dreaming you will wake up, you cannot move or do anything while dreaming otherwise you will stop dreaming and have to recast the spell to continue

Great guide, i can#t really see any mistakes. I didn't think there'd be so much to say about hitpoints :)

-Red :D

-Thanks. I was surprised at the size too :D

also, to use the Dream spell you must not be in combat and if something attacks you while dreaming you will wake up, you cannot move or do anything while dreaming otherwise you will stop dreaming and have to recast the spell to continue

-Fixed

Sharks is both at Common food and Best foods, not sure if it's a fault, just wanted to point that out

That is not an error. Thanks for mentioning it though :cute:

Nice work on the guide, it looks great. :D I don't really have any corrections. However, I have a couple of questions:

Karambwan: You must have completed the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest to be able to cook this. If you cook this for a short time it will be poisonous. Cooking this for a long time makes it edible.

How much HP does it heal if it's edible? If it isn't random, maybe you should add how much HP it heals. If it is random, you should add that. Also, I thought it dealt 5 damage if it was cooked for a short time.

Rock Cakes: If eaten, these will cause you to lose health.

How much HP does it cause you to lose? If it isn't random, maybe you should add how much HP it causes you to lose. If it is random, you should add that.

I just found those parts a bit unclear.

EDIT: Karambwan heals 18 HP when it's edible.

Edited by Pig

Nice work on the guide, it looks great. :) I don't really have any corrections. However, I have a couple of questions:

Karambwan: You must have completed the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest to be able to cook this. If you cook this for a short time it will be poisonous. Cooking this for a long time makes it edible.

How much HP does it heal if it's edible? If it isn't random, maybe you should add how much HP it heals. If it is random, you should add that. Also, I thought it dealt 5 damage if it was cooked for a short time.

Rock Cakes: If eaten, these will cause you to lose health.

How much HP does it cause you to lose? If it isn't random, maybe you should add how much HP it causes you to lose. If it is random, you should add that.

I just found those parts a bit unclear.

EDIT: Karambwan heals 18 HP when it's edible.

-Thanks for the Karambwan info. I was aware of the rock cake issue, but couldn't find that info anywhere. :D

If you could find it, it'd be a great help. :cute:

Raising Your Hitpoint Level

icon2hv7.gif The most effective ways of raising Hitpoints is through combat. Every time you cause a successful attack on your opponent, your hitpoints increase in experience equal to how much damage you've caused plus a little more.

it sounds better to say every time you successfully attack your opponent

Preventing Death

icon2hv7.gif There are several ways that you can use to prolong dying or gain additional hitpoints. These include jewelry, prayers, and a few potions.

Jewelry:

These jewelries can teleport you away when your hitpoints drop to a certain point, speed up the hitpoints recovery time, and even restore some of your hitpoints.

• ring.gif Ring of Life: If you are wearing this and your hitpoints drop below 10%, it will teleport you to your spawn point. Note that it is still possible to die while wearing this. It will turn into dust once the charge has been used up.
  • necklace.gif Phoenix Necklace: When the wearer's hitpoints drop below 20% of their max hitpoints, their hitpoints will be restored to 30% of their max. It has a priority over the Ring of Life and will turn into dust after one use.
  • rubybracelet.gif Bracelet of Inoculation: Protects against disease up to 250 damage.
  • onyxbracelet.gif Bracelet of Regeneration: Doubles your Hitpoint recovery rate and has no limit.

Prayers:

Prayer can be a useful ally in combat as it can restore your hitpoints faster, protect you from certain attacks, and heal you partially.

• prayerhits.gif Rapid Heal: Doubles the restore rate for Hitpoints. This requires level 22 Prayer.
  • prayermagic.gif Protect From Magic: This will protect you from magical attacks. It requires level 37 Prayer.
  • prayerranged.gif Protect From Missiles: This will protect you from ranged attacks. It requires level 40 Prayer.
  • prayermelee.gif Protect From Melee: This will protect you from close melee attacks. It requires level 43 Prayer.
  • prayerredemp.gif Redemption: If your hitpoints drop below 10%, you'll be healed 25% of your maximum Prayer. Also, this drains all of your Prayer Points when used. This requires level 49 Prayer.

Potions:

These potions can be used to increase your maximum hitpoints and cure poison and disease.

• guthixrest.gif Guthix's Rest: Cures some poison, restores Run Energy & boosts Hits by 5 if you have full health. Requires level 18 Herblore and you must have talked to Sanfew during the One Small Favour quest to be able to make this.
  • sarabrew.gif Saradomin's Brew: Increases your Defense by 20% and Hitpoints by 15%, but lowers your Strength, Magic, and Ranged by 10%.
  • sanfewserum2pm5.gif Sanfew Serum: When drunk, will give the effects of a Super Restore and an Anti-poison potion and will also cure disease. Can be used as a weapon against Nail Beasts.
  • recilymsbalm.gif Relicym's Balm: Cures disease and can be used as a weapon against the orange Broodo Victims (level-60).

Spells:

The following spells are Lunar Spells and require the Lunar Magicks spellbook along with completion of the Lunar Diplomacy quest.

• lunarcureother.gif Cure Other: Cures another player of poison. Requires level 68 Magic.
  • lunarcureme.gif Cure Me: Cures yourself of poison. Requires level 71 Magic.
  • lunarcuregroup.gif Cure Group: Cures a group of people of poison. Requires level 74 Magic.
  • lunarhealother.gif Heal Other: Lets you heal another player. Requires level 92 Magic.
  • lunarhealgroup.gif Heal Group: Lets you heal a group of people. Requires level 95 Magic.
  • dreamki4.gif Dream Spell: Triples your Hitpoint recovery rate. Must be cast when not in combat. If you are disturbed when casting, you will stop dreaming and will have to recast the spell. Requires level 79 Magic.

I think you forgot the most common way of preventing death: eating food. :D Even though it's obvious, it still does prevent death.

Also, it could help if you go through all the images and remove the Imageshack link. Although, I suppose you could always leave that to Sal.

Edited by hothead73

I think you forgot the most common way of preventing death: eating food. :P Even though it's obvious, it still does prevent death.

Also, it could help if you go through all the images and remove the Imageshack link. Although, I suppose you could always leave that to Sal.

He does mention food. I think it isn't in that section because it's such a big topic, so it has its own section. :rolleyes:

In Imageshack, remember to copy the direct link at the bottom of the screen and add the image tags yourself. If you copy the code for forums, it will link to Imageshack.

directst5.png

I'll try my best to find out how much damage rock cakes do. :s

EDIT: I think they deal a random amount of damage. In Pest Control I've seen people eating them and getting hit random amounts of damage.

Edited by Pig

Freeplay:

Genie Lamp (obtained from Genie random event)

Book of Knowledge (obtained from Surprise Exam random event)

You could add Suprise Exam Random Event from the Mysterious old man.

btw, nice guide.

Freeplay:

btw, nice guide.

:rolleyes: He did.

Raising Your Hitpoint Level

icon2hv7.gif The most effective ways of raising Hitpoints is through combat. Every time you cause a successful attack on your opponent, your hitpoints increase in experience equal to how much damage you've caused plus a little more.

it sounds better to say every time you successfully attack your opponent

-Fixed

Preventing Death

icon2hv7.gif There are several ways that you can use to prolong dying or gain additional hitpoints. These include jewelry, prayers, and a few potions.

Jewelry:

These jewelries can teleport you away when your hitpoints drop to a certain point, speed up the hitpoints recovery time, and even restore some of your hitpoints.

• ring.gif Ring of Life: If you are wearing this and your hitpoints drop below 10%, it will teleport you to your spawn point. Note that it is still possible to die while wearing this. It will turn into dust once the charge has been used up.
  • necklace.gif Phoenix Necklace: When the wearer's hitpoints drop below 20% of their max hitpoints, their hitpoints will be restored to 30% of their max. It has a priority over the Ring of Life and will turn into dust after one use.
  • rubybracelet.gif Bracelet of Inoculation: Protects against disease up to 250 damage.
  • onyxbracelet.gif Bracelet of Regeneration: Doubles your Hitpoint recovery rate and has no limit.

Prayers:

Prayer can be a useful ally in combat as it can restore your hitpoints faster, protect you from certain attacks, and heal you partially.

• prayerhits.gif Rapid Heal: Doubles the restore rate for Hitpoints. This requires level 22 Prayer.
  • prayermagic.gif Protect From Magic: This will protect you from magical attacks. It requires level 37 Prayer.
  • prayerranged.gif Protect From Missiles: This will protect you from ranged attacks. It requires level 40 Prayer.
  • prayermelee.gif Protect From Melee: This will protect you from close melee attacks. It requires level 43 Prayer.
  • prayerredemp.gif Redemption: If your hitpoints drop below 10%, you'll be healed 25% of your maximum Prayer. Also, this drains all of your Prayer Points when used. This requires level 49 Prayer.

Potions:

These potions can be used to increase your maximum hitpoints and cure poison and disease.

• guthixrest.gif Guthix's Rest: Cures some poison, restores Run Energy & boosts Hits by 5 if you have full health. Requires level 18 Herblore and you must have talked to Sanfew during the One Small Favour quest to be able to make this.
  • sarabrew.gif Saradomin's Brew: Increases your Defense by 20% and Hitpoints by 15%, but lowers your Strength, Magic, and Ranged by 10%.
  • sanfewserum2pm5.gif Sanfew Serum: When drunk, will give the effects of a Super Restore and an Anti-poison potion and will also cure disease. Can be used as a weapon against Nail Beasts.
  • recilymsbalm.gif Relicym's Balm: Cures disease and can be used as a weapon against the orange Broodo Victims (level-60).

Spells:

The following spells are Lunar Spells and require the Lunar Magicks spellbook along with completion of the Lunar Diplomacy quest.

• lunarcureother.gif Cure Other: Cures another player of poison. Requires level 68 Magic.
  • lunarcureme.gif Cure Me: Cures yourself of poison. Requires level 71 Magic.
  • lunarcuregroup.gif Cure Group: Cures a group of people of poison. Requires level 74 Magic.
  • lunarhealother.gif Heal Other: Lets you heal another player. Requires level 92 Magic.
  • lunarhealgroup.gif Heal Group: Lets you heal a group of people. Requires level 95 Magic.
  • dreamki4.gif Dream Spell: Triples your Hitpoint recovery rate. Must be cast when not in combat. If you are disturbed when casting, you will stop dreaming and will have to recast the spell. Requires level 79 Magic.

I think you forgot the most common way of preventing death: eating food. :huh: Even though it's obvious, it still does prevent death.

-Fixed

Didn't think it was that big of a deal.

The reason I didn't mention food there is that there is a detailed about common foods and the best foods farther in the guide :lol:

I think you forgot the most common way of preventing death: eating food. :/ Even though it's obvious, it still does prevent death.

He does mention food. I think it isn't in that section because it's such a big topic, so it has its own section. :)

In Imageshack, remember to copy the direct link at the bottom of the screen and add the image tags yourself. If you copy the code for forums, it will link to Imageshack.

directst5.png

I'll try my best to find out how much damage rock cakes do. :ice:

EDIT: I think they deal a random amount of damage. In Pest Control I've seen people eating them and getting hit random amounts of damage.

-Fixed

I'll direct link from now on :wub:

Freeplay:

btw, nice guide.

As Pig said, it is there

Edited by Damaged500

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.