Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
khakibanana

Debunk Atheism

Hello, post an argument to debunk atheism, and I'll answer it with a scientifically proven/provable statement that counters your argument.

Hello, post an argument to debunk atheism, and I'll answer it with a scientifically proven/provable statement that counters your argument.

why do u hate us non belivers i dont belive in anything but what you ppls problem with us :cute:

why do u hate us non belivers i dont belive in anything but what you ppls problem with us :cute:

Ummm, did you even read my post?

oooh. coool... erm, how come people see ghosts and preists have to perform exorcisms if they arent real?

Well, many of the people who claim to have "seen" ghosts quote them as being somewhere in the realm of "scary". As many brain scientists will tell us, when the human brain is afraid, it secretes certain chemicals that cause fear; in simpler terms: when the mind is afraid, the mind fabricates fear.

Example:

You are in a dark room. You are scared. Your brain fabricates a greater amount of fear and you suddenly see a ghost hurl a waffle iron at your head (fortunately you duck).

Naturally, the above example would only apply to people who are easily susceptible to hallucinations, but then again, people who are susceptible to hallucinations are generally the only people who see ghosts.

Debunk Atheism.

Sounds ignorant.

And yet being a member of a religion that claims that if you are not one of them, you are a blasphemous infidel who will burn in hell, isn't?

Whats your take on irreducible complexity?

I don't perceive irreducible complexity as being logical, because Darwinism and Evolutionism can completely account for all biological complexity that is possessed by the species known as Homo Sapiens.

Debunk Atheism.

Sounds ignorant.

And yet being a member of a religion that claims that if you are not one of them, you are a blasphemous infidel who will burn in hell, isn't?

Those "members of a religion" are an extremist minority. Any group can have it's extremists, but that isn't any reason to condemn the entire group. There are plenty of atheists out there who will insult believers' intelligence, or even kill religious people. But it would be completely unjustified to say they all do such things.

Debunk Atheism.

Sounds ignorant.

Those "members of a religion" are an extremist minority. Any group can have it's extremists, but that isn't any reason to condemn the entire group. There are plenty of atheists out there who will insult believers' intelligence, or even kill religious people. But it would be completely unjustified to say they all do such things.

To be a Christian, you must have faith in the writings of the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible implicitly states that non-believers go to some form of hell. A more accurate thing to say would be, "Many people call themselves Christians when they are, indeed, not."

Thinking you can prove Atheism right 100% of the time is stupid to assume.

Prove God does not exist.

For the record, this probably could have been posted in this topic :o

Hey, calling people stupid is mean :cute: . If I didn't have so much blind faith in my religion, I'd be offended!

Answer my question.

Prove to me God does not exist.

Those "members of a religion" are an extremist minority.

Actually, that topic is at the core of almost all religions, Christianity and Islam definitely. It isn't some extremist minority, it's standard teachings.

Well, when I said extremists minorities, I meant the people who stand on the sidewalk with signs that say "Repent Now Or Die!" But I guess I'll just be quiet now. :wub:

Seriously, are you going to answer me or not.

Prove to me God doesn't exist

This isn't a question that can be answered with a witty, one-line post, 5 minutes after you ask it. The answering of it would require a multi-thousand word essay, which I'll probably compose next weekend.

But I will leave you with a thought, as is my job: "Have you been contacted by (a) god yet?"

Seriously, are you going to answer me or not.

Prove to me God doesn't exist

This isn't a question that can be answered with a witty, one-line post, 5 minutes after you ask it. The answering of it would require a multi-thousand word essay, which I'll probably compose next weekend.

But I will leave you with a thought, as is my job: "Have you been contacted by (a) god yet?"

My god doesn't interfere with humanity.

But if you can't prove that God doesn't exist, you certainly can't make the claim that you can prove Atheism to be 100% correct.

If your argument goes that far, how can you prove anything? How can you prove you exist? How can you prove I wrote this post? How can you prove that humans are living on an organic planet, and are not instead living in a digital machine world (watch The Matrix, it's a great movie :cute:).

If your argument goes that far, how can you prove anything? How can you prove you exist? How can you prove I wrote this post? How can you prove that humans are living on an organic planet, and are not instead living in a digital machine world (watch The Matrix, it's a great movie :cute:).

Cognito, ergo sum.

You know, avoiding people's questions (making up excuses to say that you can't do something) is not a good way to prove your point. One of the main qualities of atheists is that they admit when they don't know something. So far you haven't shown that quality.

Seriously, when have I ever said I'm an atheist?

Most people who consider themselves allknowing about a religion tend to follow that religion (or philosophy, as it may be)

I regard atheism as a philosophy, which plays a major role in my religion: Unorthodox Buddhism!

Why do I consider myself such? Well, I don't eat meat, I don't have a deity, and I don't try to convert everyone I see, which makes me a buddhist, but I don't go to temple services, so that makes me unorthodox, so, I'm an Unorthodox Buddhist.

If your argument goes that far, how can you prove anything? How can you prove you exist? How can you prove I wrote this post? How can you prove that humans are living on an organic planet, and are not instead living in a digital machine world (watch The Matrix, it's a great movie :o).

Cognito, ergo sum.

You know, avoiding people's questions (making up excuses to say that you can't do something) is not a good way to prove your point. One of the main qualities of atheists is that they admit when they don't know something. So far you haven't shown that quality.

When you make a topic called "Debunk Atheism", where the point of it is for people to give you evidence against Atheism that you then prove is false or supports Atheism, you are very strongly implying that you are an Atheist. So calling you an Atheist is a perfectly logical conclusion to come to. :cute:

Edited by Steve

If your argument goes that far, how can you prove anything? How can you prove you exist? How can you prove I wrote this post? How can you prove that humans are living on an organic planet, and are not instead living in a digital machine world (watch The Matrix, it's a great movie :o).

Cognito, ergo sum.

When you make a topic called "Debunk Atheism", where the point of it is for people to give you evidence against Atheism that you then prove is false or supports Atheism, you are very strongly implying that you are an Atheist. So calling you an Atheist is a perfectly logical conclusion to come to. :cute:

^^^ Refer to the post at the top of this page. ^^^

I don't have a deity
An atheist is someone who believes that god doesn't exist. If you don't have a deity, doesn't have mean that you don't believe in god?

EDIT:

Sounds to me like you're misnaming a vegetarian atheist. :cute:

++

Edited by Steve

Why do I consider myself such? Well, I don't eat meat, I don't have a deity, and I don't try to convert everyone I see, which makes me a buddhist, but I don't go to temple services, so that makes me unorthodox, so, I'm an Unorthodox Buddhist.

Do you follow any of the other Buddhist teachings?

Sounds to me like you're misnaming a vegetarian atheist. :cute:

Okay, so I'm a very Unorthodox Buddhist.

But seriously, in this world, there are people who haven't read the bible and don't go to Church, and they claim to be Christians, but you aren't calling them "Misnamed Theists".

Hey, calling people stupid is mean :cute:
Welcome to the debate room.

I honestly hate how aethists do this. "I can disprove religion with science" it's quite annoying.

I don't have a deity
An atheist is someone who believes that god doesn't exist. If you don't have a deity, doesn't have mean that you don't believe in god?

Buddhism doesn't have any gods in it's religion. It's more of a philosophy then it is any religion.

Do you follow any of the other Buddhist teachings?

Sounds to me like you're misnaming a vegetarian atheist. :/

Okay, so I'm a very Unorthodox Buddhist.

But seriously, in this world, there are people who haven't read the bible and don't go to Church, and they claim to be Christians, but you aren't calling them "Misnamed Theists".

are you seriously trying to make us atheists looks stupid or something? a christian only has to accept jesus as his savior to be christian, truly, depending on who you ask. and yknow what my biggest problem with you is? you think that you can prove/disprove atheism and religion. in all reality, you cant. there is 1 piece of evidence against the bible. and thats that it says pi is 3.

Do you follow any of the other Buddhist teachings?Sounds to me like you're misnaming a vegetarian atheist. :/
Okay, so I'm a very Unorthodox Buddhist.But seriously, in this world, there are people who haven't read the bible and don't go to Church, and they claim to be Christians, but you aren't calling them "Misnamed Theists".
No, you are not a very Unorthodox Buddhist. You aren't a Buddhist at all. If you don't follow their teachings, you aren't a Buddhist. You are just an atheist that is a vegetarian.It depends on what they believe. There are people that don't go to church, but they believe the Christian teachings, so I'd say they're Christians. If you don't believe the Christian teachings, then you aren't a Christian.
I don't have a deity
Buddhism doesn't have any gods in it's religion. It's more of a philosophy then it is any religion.
Having gods isn't a requirement to have a religion, as far as I know. :/

and yknow what my biggest problem with you is? you think that you can prove/disprove atheism and religion. in all reality, you cant. there is 1 piece of evidence against the bible. and thats that it says pi is 3.

Let me quote you here.

the thing is, theres proof AGAINST [the Bible], sooo... hmmm. atheism +1?

Not only have you drastically changed your beliefs in five days, but you've gone so far as to say that your "biggest problem" with someone is that they think something you thought just a few days ago. :s

Edited by Steve

and yknow what my biggest problem with you is? you think that you can prove/disprove atheism and religion. in all reality, you cant. there is 1 piece of evidence against the bible. and thats that it says pi is 3.

Let me quote you here.

the thing is, theres proof AGAINST [the Bible], sooo... hmmm. atheism +1?

Not only have you drastically changed your beliefs in five days, but you've gone so far as to say that your "biggest problem" with someone is that they think something you thought just a few days ago. :/

well, for one, ive been proven wrong, and ive learned from it.

i probably havent said it before, but emanick1 has: im an open-minded person. (well, usually)

Well, although there is little scientific evidence against the Bible, how divorced its concepts are from rationality and common sense should give you a good insight on how factual it is. Edited by mystery_phill