Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
khakibanana

Debunk Atheism

and yknow what my biggest problem with you is? you think that you can prove/disprove atheism and religion. in all reality, you cant. there is 1 piece of evidence against the bible. and thats that it says pi is 3.
Well, although there is little scientific evidence against the Bible, how divorced its concepts are from rationality and common sense should give you a good insight on how factual it is.

i agree totally, but until there is scientific evidence, we cannot prove anything truly right or wrong

there is 1 piece of evidence against the bible. and thats that it says pi is 3.

Wrong. You are not taking that passage (if I remember correctly, you're referring to 1 Kings 7:23, right?) in its proper historical context.

Guest Emanick1
Debunk Atheism.

Sounds ignorant.

And yet being a member of a religion that claims that if you are not one of them, you are a blasphemous infidel who will burn in hell, isn't?

I don't see anyone on this forum claiming to like that fact, do you? :/

This seems awfully like an arrogant attempt to prove your superiorority by making sure that everyone knows that all people who don't agree with you are wrong and you are right. Also, you seem to have a desperate urge to belong to any religion at all, which, while not technically wrong, does make you seem rather hypocritical at times. Key word: SEEM.

I don't expect you'll take this at all seriously, but scientific studies have recently proven that the first members of twenty to thirty-five of the forty phylums all had their first members emerge within a five-million year period. Dividing the Earth's existence into a day, hours, and minutes, that's about one and a half minutes. Out of 1,440 minutes. Sure, for the first four or so hours of the Earth's existence there was no life, but it is simply impossible (or incredibly irrational) to assume that all the first members of those phylums, all different creatures, appeared during that stage. Believe me, I have a book that is currently in the mail to someone I know that has a whole chapter on that subject.

I know that sounds like a very convienent excuse to not rattle off some facts from it, but I'm not a liar. People here know that I don't lie.

Oh, and "the Bible says that pi is 3?" It's rounding. I don't blame God, or the writer, for not rattling off the entire number in the book - or even 3.14. :/ Hardly the point of the Bible, is it?

Debunk Atheism.

Sounds ignorant.

And yet being a member of a religion that claims that if you are not one of them, you are a blasphemous infidel who will burn in hell, isn't?

I don't see anyone on this forum claiming to like that fact, do you? :/

This seems awfully like an arrogant attempt to prove your superiorority by making sure that everyone knows that all people who don't agree with you are wrong and you are right. Also, you seem to have a desperate urge to belong to any religion at all, which, while not technically wrong, does make you seem rather hypocritical at times. Key word: SEEM.

I don't expect you'll take this at all seriously, but scientific studies have recently proven that the first members of twenty to thirty-five of the forty phylums all had their first members emerge within a five-million year period. Dividing the Earth's existence into a day, hours, and minutes, that's about one and a half minutes. Out of 1,440 minutes. Sure, for the first four or so hours of the Earth's existence there was no life, but it is simply impossible (or incredibly irrational) to assume that all the first members of those phylums, all different creatures, appeared during that stage. Believe me, I have a book that is currently in the mail to someone I know that has a whole chapter on that subject.

I know that sounds like a very convienent excuse to not rattle off some facts from it, but I'm not a liar. People here know that I don't lie.

Oh, and "the Bible says that pi is 3?" It's rounding. I don't blame God, or the writer, for not rattling off the entire number in the book - or even 3.14. :/ Hardly the point of the Bible, is it?

The numbers used are 10 and 30, not 1 and 3. There really isn't any excuse for not getting it to at least 31. :s

"And yet being a member of a religion that claims that if you are not one of them, you are a blasphemous infidel who will burn in hell, isn't?"

I really haven't seen that used in any abundance (at least in my country) since, like, the Salem witch trials. I don't know about you, but my religion's never told me that. :/

Perhaps I don't mean this against you personally, but I see no reason to ask people to specifically debunk atheism. Most people who spend a good amount of time in the Debate Room are there to prove their point, not to let someone else prove them wrong.

I don't think you could give me a good enough "factual" answer to change my beliefs. Maybe that's just me.

I was being sarcastic :/

Seriously, are you going to answer me or not.

Prove to me God doesn't exist

You can't prove that something does not exist, you can merely prove it does. Now I ask you, prove to me that God exists. Because I fail to recall any activities in the history that can be claimed by 'God'. You'd expect atleast a small helping miracle in a world like this, wouldn't you?

What started the Big Bang

That's not even close to a good enough reason to believe in God. Just because there's something we can't explain doesn't mean we should say "God did it" and ignore any other possible explanations. That hinders progress and human understanding.

What started the Big Bang

= Audio =

what created god?

Edited by isnt evil

Athiesm is just a belief in the nonexistence of any deity. You want me to debunk that? :wub:

Athiesm is just a belief in the nonexistence of any deity. You want me to debunk that? :wub:

Apparently, yes. He's daring believers to try to prove Atheism wrong. I think it's pretty silly, considering he can't do the same for debunking belief...

Belief in Christianity more specifically. If you believe in the non-existence of a deity, it is still a belief in something.:wub:

It seems backwards to me. Until you can prove the existence or non-existence of God, I see no way to disproof how a person thinks about the world. In the end, I think it comes to down faith. There is evidence that supports the existence of a God, but it isn't exactly concrete.

Belief in Christianity more specifically. If you believe in the non-existence of a deity, it is still a belief in something.:wub:

It seems backwards to me. Until you can prove the existence or non-existence of God, I see no way to disproof how a person thinks about the world. In the end, I think it comes to down faith. There is evidence that supports the existence of a God, but it isn't exactly concrete.

not to sound rude here, but would you mind showing me some of that evidence?

There is evidence that supports the existence of a God, but it isn't exactly concrete.

As is there evidence to discount that belief, but that isn't concrete either. It's unfortunate, really, the whole belief situation. :wub:

Edited by Evin290

not to sound rude here, but would you mind showing me some of that evidence?

Very well. I will attempt to do so sometime in the near future.

As is there evidence to discount that belief, but that isn't concrete either. It's unfortunate, really, the whole belief situation.

Well, personally I think the best proof is the fact that God answers people still. So, unless you try to get to know God, you won't know God. I think the bible says something to the effect of: Taste God and see that he is good [sounds odd, but still].

Well, personally I think the best proof is the fact that God answers people still.

And, yet, there are plenty of prayers He doesn't answer. I think chalking it up to coincidence that some prayers are answered is much more reasonable than chalking the unanswered prayers up to "God working in mysterious ways"...

So, unless you try to get to know God, you won't know God. I think the bible says something to the effect of: Taste God and see that he is good [sounds odd, but still].

Interestingly enough, I am currently in the process of desparately trying to belief in God. I've been trying for a few weeks, but it hasn't been working. :wub: Do you have any suggestions?

As is there evidence to discount that belief, but that isn't concrete either. It's unfortunate, really, the whole belief situation.

Well, personally I think the best proof is the fact that God answers people still.

when you pray to god, you are a christian. when god answers back, you are a schizophrenic

i couldnt help it, sorry

@evin: just thnk. whatever comes logically to you is what you should believe, not what people are telling you to believe

Edited by isnt evil

@evin: just thnk. whatever comes logically to you is what you should believe, not what people are telling you to believe

Don't worry, I'm not going to change that drastically if I do start believing in God. I'm not all of a sudden going to be a conservative... :wub: And I'm not trying to believe because other people are telling me I should. I'm trying because I want to. :king:

Don't worry, I'm not going to change that drastically if I do start believing in God. I'm not all of a sudden going to be a conservative... :wub: And I'm not trying to believe because other people are telling me I should. I'm trying because I want to. :king:

i realise that, but part of it may be subconscious pressure from those around you. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but maybe Christianity just isn't right for you. if you still want to have a religion, try some other ones, like Buddhism or Pastafarianism (or however the hell it is you spell it)

i realise that, but part of it may be subconscious pressure from those around you. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but maybe Christianity just isn't right for you. if you still want to have a religion, try some other ones, like Buddhism or Pastafarianism (or however the hell it is you spell it)

Believe me, I've thought about it long and hard. Christianity seems very wrong for me. But it also, in a strange way, feels really right. I can't exactly explain it. Oh well... But either way, I have to focus on whether or not I can actually believe in a God at all before I decide which one I believe in. :wub:

Edited by Evin290

my fact against atheism is heaven, God, and Jesus you cant prove they never existed (and i cant prove they are until i die) because you cant go back in time and just because there aren't records that proves Jesus was born or died doesn't mean there never were any stuff gets lost after 2000 years

You cannot debunk athiesm, as you cannot debunk any religion. Prove to me God doesn't exist. Have fun. :blink:

my fact against atheism is heaven, God, and Jesus

None of those are facts. We can't prove Atheism is true, just like you can't prove Heaven, God and Jesus are real.