Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jure

Kalphite Queen Hunting

Kalphite Queen Hunting

INFO:

Kalphite Queen is one of the hardest monster in RuneScape. She is level 333 and is located in Kalphite Tunnels, West of Shantay Pass. She has 2 form. First one is "bug" thing, second one is "wasp". Both forms needs to be killed before you can obtain the drop.

Preparing for Hunting:

Before you begin, it's the best to buy yourself a set of Veracs armour. It ignores prayer so it is the best way to kill Queen these days. Also it is not recommended to solo it, unless you are combat 115+ (you could still try, but it would take few trips). Get yourself a partner (1 will be enough), and you will kill both forms in 1 trip (100+ combat recommended). You and your partner meet at Shantay Pass and prepare yourself with next things:

Inventory:

startingstuff7ax.png

Armour wearing:

armour7ks.png

Go through Shantay Pass and run to the west untill you will see enterance to the tunnels. Use rope with it and climb down.

kalphitetunnels2jn.png

Getting to the Queen:

Good, now you are in the tunnels. Here you can encounter Kalphite Workers, Soldier and Guardians in the end. Just follow the tunnel and you will see another enterance. Drink a super set before going down.

Map to the Queen Lair enterance:

bothfloorscompassfinished6he.png

Now your partner (or you) use rope with enterance and climb down. When you get down, put on Magic Protect and Protect item (if you die you will save full Veracs. If you do not item protect, you will lose Veracs Helm).

prayers7bw.png

Killing the Queen:

Run West and you should see Queen soon. Attack her and form a circle around her (see picture).

tactics0xw.png

This way she will be spinning and she will not hit you often. First form is fairly easy because she only have protect from Range and Magic.

1stform3fx.png

After you kill first form she will start transforming.

transforming7rr.png

Now, second form is a bit harder because she uses Melee protect. Your Veracs set will ignore her prayer (not always) and will hit like normal.

2ndform8yq.png

After you kill her pick the drop and teleport to Duel Arena.

Hint: Turn Auto Retaliate OFF. If you do so you wont attack other workers if they attack you when you eat a shark or drink a potion.

When you teleport to Duel Arena you can share drop here then run to the main building and heal with help of nurses and pray on altar, or you can just challange your partner to heal after the match is over. Return to the Shantay Pass and repeat process.

If something needs to be fixed, please post here.

Edited by Jure 7he Kin

If when you are talking about the pic of the Kalphite Lair my Kalphite Dungeon Guide can be found here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There are a couple of spelling errors at the moment.

Go through Shantay Pass and run to the west untill you will see enterance to the tunnels.

Should be:

"Go through the Shantay Pass and run west untill you see the entrance to the tunnels."

Kalphite Workers, Soldier

If "Workers" is plural then "Soldier" should be too.

Just follow the tunnel and you will see another enterance

It's "entrance" not "enterance".

Now your partner (or you) use rope with enterance and climb down

Should be:

"The person who still has a Rope in their inventory should use it with the entrance, then you both need to climb down together."

Run West and you should see Queen soon

Should be:

"Run west and you will see the Queen, if she isn't there then wait. The less Kalphite Workers there are, the sooner she will apear."

This way she will be spinning and she will not you often

You missed the word "hit".

(not always)

Should be:

"most of the time"

her pick the drop

You pick up the drop. You pick a deck of cards.

The code for the Dungeon map is:

[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8385/bothfloorscompassfinished6he.png]

2ndform8yq.png

The above picture needs cropping a bit.

Very nice guide, Jure! Maybe put a link to Neo's guide in there so you won't have to worry about the maps.

Guest samtomo

nice quide 9/10 my friends have killed this thing like 20 times. my lvl 91 mate killed it on his own in 5 trips. apparently it drops d chain (23m) but its like once in every 250 kills.

Very nice guide, Jure! Maybe put a link to Neo's guide in there so you won't have to worry about the maps.

That would only be possible once my guide has been uploaded.

Wow, nice guide Jure! This will go great with Neo's guide too, I like it! :)

As for armor, I'd suggest one of the following...

Mage or Warrior - Glory Ammy, Full Mystic (it's easily replaced), God Cape, God Staff or an elemental staff, gauntlets of some sort, mage boots and a ring of wealth. Probably a D-long or scimmy as well.

Ranged - Full Black Dhide, *probably* a mage shortbow, glory ammy, robin hood hat + range boots, d-long or dagger (p).

But that's just what I'd do. :)

Looks like a top knotch guide, pity it's no use to me. I should really train combat, I havent in like 3 months :)

Mage or Warrior - Glory Ammy, Full Mystic (it's easily replaced), God Cape, God Staff or an elemental staff, gauntlets of some sort, mage boots and a ring of wealth. Probably a D-long or scimmy as well.

Ranged - Full Black Dhide, *probably* a mage shortbow, glory ammy, robin hood hat + range boots, d-long or dagger (p).

But that's just what I'd do. :)

Well, if you go to KQ like mage or range that's hard way a.k.a. old school style :s With Veracs it's so much easier.

But that's just what I'd do. :s

Well, if you go to KQ like mage or range that's hard way a.k.a. old school style :s With Veracs it's so much easier.

True, that's how I did it back in the day before barrows were... invented. :)

Great guide, good information on what you should do. Maybe you could add a bit on some of the drop that the KQ has, but other than that, looks complete.

I'll get you those pics of the armor screen. :)

Edit:

kq0pu.png

With Verac, all you need is teleport, a super set and prayer pot, and sharks.

When meleeing without Verac, you must take melee gear, about 100 rune arrows, and a magic shortbow, because her second form has protect from melee on.

Also without Verac, you have the option of meleeing her and using mage on her second form, Ancient Magicks work best. Using mage is strongly discouraged, because with all of the runes you have very little room for sharks.

Edited by idontno4750

Since the map has numbers on, you should add numbers to the guide to match, or lose the number altogether.

Cool guide, but what about people who can't afford/get full verac's? You should add either what Sal suggested or what Idontno posted, either will work. :xd:

Kalphite Queen Hunting

INFO:

Kalphite Queen is one of the hardest monster in RuneScape. She is level 333 and is located in Kalphite Tunnels, West of Shantay Pass. She has 2 forms. First one is a "bug" thing, while the second one is a "wasp". Both forms needs to be killed before you can obtain the drop.

Preparing for Hunting:

Before you begin, it's best to buy yourself a set of Veracs armour. It ignores prayer so it is the best way to kill the Queen these days. Also, it is not recommended to solo the Queen, unless your combat is 115+ (you could still try, but it would take a few trips). Get yourself a partner (1 will be enough), and you will kill both forms in 1 trip (100+ combat recommended). You and your partner should meet at Shantay Pass and prepare yourself with next things:

Inventory:

startingstuff7ax.png

Armour to wear:

armour7ks.png

Go through Shantay Pass and run to the west untill you see an enterance to the tunnels. Use a rope with it and climb down.

kalphitetunnels2jn.png

Getting to the Queen:

Good, now you are in the tunnels. Here you can encounter Kalphite Workers, Soldier and Guardians in the end. Just follow the tunnel and you will see another enterance. Drink a super set before going down.

Map to the Queen Lair enterance:

bothfloorscompassfinished6he.png

Now your partner (or you) should use a rope with enterance and climb down. When you get down, put on Magic Protect and Protect item (if you die you will save full Veracs. If you do not item protect, you will lose Veracs Helm).

prayers7bw.png

Killing the Queen:

Run West and you should see the Queen soon. Attack her and form a circle around her (see picture).

tactics0xw.png

This way she will be spinning and she will not hit you as often. The first form is fairly easy because she only have protect from Range and Magic on.

1stform3fx.png

After you kill first form she will start transforming.

transforming7rr.png

Now, the second form is a bit harder because she uses Protect from Melle. Your Veracs set will ignore her prayer most of the time and will hit like it normaly does.

2ndform8yq.png

After you kill her, pick the drop and teleport to the Duel Arena.

Hint: Turn Auto Retaliate OFF. If you do so you wont attack other workers if they attack you when you eat a shark or drink a potion.

When you teleport to Duel Arena you can share drop here then run to the main building and heal with the help of nurses and pray at the altar, or you can just challange your partner to heal after the match is over. Return to the Shantay Pass and repeat process.

If something needs to be fixed, please post here.

Things in bold are changed, and some places I took out unnesecary words.

great guide jure looking forward formore high level guides

and less maps and pointless guides that are just there to get the person recognised!

anyway is there any other ways to kill the beast like in teams or ancient maging

ohh and can u take ammy of glory/fury and ROW instead of dueling ring?

Guest Mithrill Knight

the kalphite queen is the strongest monster in runescape and she has 985 health so u should have all ur stuff u have right now exept 19 manta rays is better because sharks heal u 20 health and manta rays heal u 22 health so have 19 manta rays instead of 19 sharks

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.