Garden of Tranquility - 5,000 exp

My Arm's Big Adventure - 5,000 exp

Grim Tales - 4,000 exp

Growing Pains - 3,500 exp

Enlightened Journey - 3,000 exp

Recipe for Disaster - 1,000 exp

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quest_xp.html#farm

If that helps...you can use it. :closedeyes:

GUH. I can't even read the guide - all the scrolling is driving me insane...... can someone please fix whatever is stretching the page? Because I'm quite sure this is an amazing guide :3

It fits on the page width-wise for me, and I'm not sure what would make it scroll other than the Code boxes Damaged posted, but even then, the other posts should re-size to fit onto the screen. :closedeyes:

I dunno what's in the first post, but something is that's stretching the page, and it's frustrating >___<

I know I'm being a pain, I'd just loooove to read the guide D: I've been waiting for a Farming Help guide for so long.

GUH. I can't even read the guide - all the scrolling is driving me insane...... can someone please fix whatever is stretching the page? Because I'm quite sure this is an amazing guide :3

It fits on the page width-wise for me, and I'm not sure what would make it scroll other than the Code boxes Damaged posted, but even then, the other posts should re-size to fit onto the screen. :P

I dunno what's in the first post, but something is that's stretching the page, and it's frustrating >___<

I know I'm being a pain, I'd just loooove to read the guide D: I've been waiting for a Farming Help guide for so long.

I think its the guide that's so long.

also a little reminder: farmers dont give seeds

only master farmers

Edited by roy 192837

Most intresting guide.

However, I really don't know what to say. I guess I should read the whole thing through 5-10 times before being able to give any sensible comment, and right now I'm not up for that task. :P

One very small thing from personal experience, related to "higher" level farming. I ditched everything else but trees and fruit trees (includes Calquats) for most of my last farming levels. Time wasted / experience gained just was not worth it. If I bothered, I farmed watermelons on Catherby allotments for one reason: to get my pineapples protected.

I didn't try to combine Lunar farming (I tested it briefly though) with normal methods, so I can't say this or that about how efficient it alltogether is. However, based on paragraph above, getting quickly to tree spots and banking crops was the most important thing to me.

you can build a formal garden at level 55, not 65

Corrected. :exclaim:

Here you go, the Pest Control points. :o

Thanks. :exclaim:

theres also a farming shop at the troll stronghold

Added info about that shop.

If somebody could make a map for it in the same style as the other Shop Maps, it would be nice. :exclaim:

Farmers don't have seeds in their pockets only 9gp.

Removed normal Farmers from that section.

I wish I could have helped out Neo, but oh well. There is one tip you can add that almost no one knows: If you have added compost first, then you can add supercompost on top of it. You can do this if you have a composted plot already, but didn't have supercompost at the time. Also, you get exp for composting each time. You seemed to have covered pretty much already, though if I think of more, I will post again. Really nice job, by the way =)

It seems sensible in a similar way to Payment being able to be noted, but they're the sorts of things you don't seem to try. :P

Added. :D

i think his Rcing one was a little bir bigger..but what can i say..he hasnt posted most of the pictures yet :exclaim:

Pineapples can be picked fairly easily in the area around the Brimhaven POH Portal.

They can also be bought in grand tree if you need them in a bigger amount and you can bank them there as well :P (i hope you havent said it already and i missed it :P)

once again..good job on the guide :P

Character-wise, this one is 33% longer than RC Help, although the RC Help has more visible pictures, so may seem longer visually. :exclaim:

Added something about the Grand Tree.

You can also buy them from the Charter Ship's store.

Added that as well, although the sentance seems a bit long now. :s

It really does need splitting into more than the 2 guides or remove all the generic waffle.

A couple of obvious things to move onto other pages would be the crops and patches sections, with a shortish paragraph in the main guide that links the to ther other pages. Just moving those two sections onto two other pages would make it look considerably shorter. :)

Just a quick comment on the "quests" section - perhaps just make it a simple list of quests and experience, for quick reference? The rewards are explained in the quest guide (and the quest xp guide like Thomas said), so links to the quests should probably suffice. It's your choice though. ;)

Turning that section into a bulleted list seems like a reasonable idea, although would there be any simple ways to make the text currently beside the names visible by hovering over the link? The 'title' tag goes into ... mode after a fairly small number of words, and I don't know any other things that would do a similar thing, but let more text be visible. :)

This guide is amazingly detailed. I've got something to add though. Perhaps for the skill section you could add slayer because you make tons of seeds from slayer.

http://i13.tinypic.com/5zmu7ol.png

All herb seeds from slayer. I've probably gotten more but used.

Added section about Slayer.

There are a couple of codeboxes within the first post, but they should be scrolling horizontally within themselves, and not affect the whole page. :P

One very small thing from personal experience, related to "higher" level farming. I ditched everything else but trees and fruit trees (includes Calquats) for most of my last farming levels. Time wasted / experience gained just was not worth it. If I bothered, I farmed watermelons on Catherby allotments for one reason: to get my pineapples protected.

I've added a paragraph about dropping lower level Crops to the 8599 section.

Crop: Woad

Yield: 3 Woad LEaves

:P

OnYx :P

Edited by Neo Avatars
I hold down the Shift Key for too long >.< (Corrected) ~ Neo

A piece of Farming equipment that can be extremely helpful is the Nature Amulet. It requires a Gold Bar, Emerald and Magic Root to make, then a Enchant Lvl-2 Jewelry Spell to be cast to enchant it. First make the Gold Bar and Emerald into an unstrung Emerald Amulet. Next spin the Magic Root on a Spinning Wheel. Once it is spun, attach it to the Amulet. Up until this point, it is tradeable. Enchant this Emerald Amulet, and you will get a Nature Amulet, which is an Untradeable Item, and you can only have one of.

It can then be used with a Farming Patch so that you can keep updated on the progress, and find out if it gets diseased. It can be used as many times as you want, although can only be attached to one Patch at a time.

The Nature Amulet also will tell you when your crop is ready to be harvested.

Edited by Neo Avatars
Added that info :D ~ Neo

trollstrongholdfarmingshop.png

[IMG=http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/dizzy7222/trollstrongholdfarmingshop.png]

there you go!

When you pay a Helper to watch your crops for you, this still happens, but the moment the 'Die' option happens, they will cure it so that you didn't notice anything happened, but the crop will still be in the previous growth stage. This is why Crops will sometimes take over twice as long as they should to grow if you paid a Helper to watch them.
My experience tells me otherwise... This is what I've noticed on a very consistent basis when I used to farm tons of herbs: I could plant the herbs, log out, then back in after the needed time, and they would always be either fully grown or dead, but never non-fully grown. However, if I had logged back in and out to check them during that time they would frequently not be fully grown after their usual growing time. I concluded that either logging in or out (or both) can mess around with the growth clock (i.e. reset it for that specific period it's on). I remember a few days where the herbs would take many hours to grow because I kept logging in to check on them. When I stopped doing that, they grew fine.

I've also noticed that with long growing things, if I play a lot the day I've planted (i.e. logging in and out) then they won't be done at their correct time, but if I don't play much or at all after planting, they'll be done when I expect them to.

Edited by Neo Avatars
Added something about logging in and out, and how it seems to affect the growth cycle ~ Neo

Also, another good way of getting pineapples for payment is buying of charters :wub: this also gives, if I remember correctly, apples :wub:

Edited by Neo Avatars
The Pineapple thing was already there :o ~Neo

Very nice guide so far.

I only spotted one spelling error and it's here:

or just plant he Flower that's required to protect your Veg?

It should be the flower. And it's vegetable, not veg :-P

Edited by Neo Avatars
Added the missing 't', and 'Veg' is a nicer word than 'Vegetables' :P ~Neo

When you pay a Helper to watch your crops for you, this still happens, but the moment the 'Die' option happens, they will cure it so that you didn't notice anything happened, but the crop will still be in the previous growth stage. This is why Crops will sometimes take over twice as long as they should to grow if you paid a Helper to watch them.
My experience tells me otherwise... This is what I've noticed on a very consistent basis when I used to farm tons of herbs: I could plant the herbs, log out, then back in after the needed time, and they would always be either fully grown or dead, but never non-fully grown. However, if I had logged back in and out to check them during that time they would frequently not be fully grown after their usual growing time. I concluded that either logging in or out (or both) can mess around with the growth clock (i.e. reset it for that specific period it's on). I remember a few days where the herbs would take many hours to grow because I kept logging in to check on them. When I stopped doing that, they grew fine.

I've also noticed that with long growing things, if I play a lot the day I've planted (i.e. logging in and out) then they won't be done at their correct time, but if I don't play much or at all after planting, they'll be done when I expect them to.

Yes, I remember writing about this in a thread a while back which 123man posted in as well. Same thing with trees. This week alone, I kept logging in and out of w18 because of lag, and my fruit trees took over 2 days to grow, because I kept interrupting the growth cycle. I also tend to get more diseased herbs when I log in and out often.

EDIT: Neo, if you can add into the supercompost section that you can use coconut shells for super as well. I just found this out today, after dumping hundreds of them in the bank. oh well.

Edited by kalipop

Not trying to double post, just it's a while later, so sorry ahead of time.

1) Neo, don't know if you saw, the edit in my last post, but you should add coconut shells as a supercompostable item.

2) for the payment for spirit seeds, it should be amended to 1 ground suqah tooth, not just 1 ground tooth

Nitpicky stuff, but I think it makes your guide that much better =p

1) Neo, don't know if you saw, the edit in my last post, but you should add coconut shells as a supercompostable item.

Nope, I didn't see that edit, but have added it now. :aware:

2) for the payment for spirit seeds, it should be amended to 1 ground suqah tooth, not just 1 ground tooth

The image item is called 'Ground tooth', so I've added Suqah tooth in brackets in the two instances when taking about specific payment. :xd:

Nitpicky stuff, but I think it makes your guide that much better =p

Nitpicking is fun. ^_^

I also added other things people posted - see the gudhak edit bars for that. :(

Edited by Neo Avatars

This. Is. Epic.

My two things are:

1) In the Pest Control Area you have written 5 points are required but in the pictures it has 15 points as the cost.

2) The magic secateurs are said to reduce disease while equipped. I know the Knowledge Base doesn't say so but I thought I'd mention it. Also, with the tool leprechaun section. you should mention that he will carry either regular or magic secateurs. I have given a sample below of how you could do this

- Pair of Secateurs (Can be either regular or Magic)

Edited by Neo Avatars
Corrected/Added those things ~ Neo

One more nit-picking post from me: if you compost tomatoes, you'll receive rotten tomatoes instead of compost.

I know this almost counts as a spam post...

Edited by Neo Avatars
As always, random nitpicking that others wouldn't notice is good ^_^ (Added) ~ Neo

You can no longer buy pineapples from the charter ships after the store upgrade. :aware:

what is bump i dont understand :P

This is the wrong place to ask a forum question. This is a guide in progress.

Ask forum questions in the Forum Help section.

But since you asked, I'll answer. A "bump" is when a topic is moved to the top of the page where it was posted by either a new post of in the Marketplace by the original poster manually bumping it themselves :/

A crop you might want to add: :lol:

Crop: Kelda hops

Level: 17

Seeds: o6lh7n.gif

Type: Hop

Payment: Can't be protected

Yield: Kelda hops 14sp8bp.gif

Growth Time: 16 minutes (And 15 seconds)

Experience: Planting exp: 9 exp. Harvesting exp: 10.5 exp.

Pros: It does not require watering and compost, and cannot get disaesed. Used during Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf quest

Cons: Have to be grown in the special patch in Keldagrim, which is far away from a teleport spot. You will only get one crop when harvesting, and the exp is low. Cannot be grown after you have completed the quest.

This is a very good guide Neo i love it :D I would suggest that you put up a stratedgy guide although it is probably useless, as there are many things to do to get up your farming but it still might be usefull.

You can no longer buy pineapples from the charter ships after the store upgrade. :D

I've removed that from the Papaya Tree section, although have a feeling it's mentioned somewhere else, or there was something else removed that was important. ^_^

A crop you might want to add: :P

If that gets added, then there are several other Quest crops that would also need to be added such as those from Garden of Tranquility, and they can't be used for training anyway. ;)

This is a very good guide Neo i love it :P I would suggest that you put up a stratedgy guide although it is probably useless, as there are many things to do to get up your farming but it still might be usefull.

:D (click on the smiley)

I've updated the Shops so they fit with the recent update, as well as adding another small section. :P

Edited by Neo Avatars

A crop you might want to add: :fish:

If that gets added, then there are several other Quest crops that would also need to be added such as those from Garden of Tranquility, and they can't be used for training anyway. :wub:

The one thing I would mention is, you can pick the white fruit for getting exp after the Garden of Tranquility quest. For a while, when I was manically chain farming, i'd run into the castle to pick every day, until I found that the white fruit didn't do much when you ate it, and the exp for picking after a while wasn't worth it for my level to make a stop there anymore. I still have 160 white fruit which I'm not sure what to do with.

You can only have 1 Nature amulet made at a time. Dropping the amulet will destroy it. There is no actual destroy option like on other important items and quest items.

As a verb, I don't think that 'Farm' should be capitalized. This, of course, excludes 'Farming' and 'Farming Patch' etc. Like always, I may be wrong. :D

Before starting to farm, getting just a few other skills up, or completing a few Quests will help you tremendously in your goal to the level that you wish to obtain.

Also, your 'helpers' are mainly just called 'farmers'.

:)~Phr33d0m~:)

Edited by Freedom

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.