Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fousu

New Emote

Some people are muted. They can be a high level, such as 112, and have a noob following them asking for free stuff. This emote would be exclusive to muted people, and when you do it, you will hold up a sign saying "I'm muted". This could help people understand that people are muted.

-Fousu

The noob wouldn't see it. It seems like a good idea but not all of them will see it. They can just walk away or log out

Edited by MusicExperience

Jagex giving an update for muted people would be like them giving an update for freeplayers :mad:

^ Yes and that would be against the rules of this forum. Therefore this thread might be considered breaking the rules of the forum. Muted people shouldn't get updates just for them in general.

Jagex giving an update for muted people would be like them giving an update for freeplayers :mad:

Some muted people are freeplayers. :(

Some muted people are freeplayers. :(

Even the more reason not to.

Muted people are muted for a reason....why should they get an update?

That is what i think too, i mean if they do something bad enough to get muted they deserve low-levels following and pestering them. I personally have never been muted, but it's great fun to pretend. :beret:

Muted people are supposed to be serving a punishment, not getting new emotes.

PS no offence intended to guy who threaded, just voicing my opinion :rolleyes:

If the noob doesn't know he's muted he would think of autoing and report him.

So jagex has to do more work (gets more work)

No! I think this is a fantastic idea! My mate who chats too me on sals realm...he was muted...for a reason that was stupid! Sometimes when i meet up with him all theese ppl say "Are u muted or can u not type u n00by narb!" or something along those lines..... I do AGREE!

Edited by L J H Fight

No! I think this is a fantastic idea! My mate who chats too me on sals realm...he was muted...for a reason that was stupid! Sometimes when i meet up with him all theese ppl say "Are u muted or can u not type u n00by narb!" or something along those lines..... I do AGREE!

The majority of people who are muted are muted for breaking the rules, even if you consider them stupid...

This emote would be abused by autoers. The would be programmed to do this emote every once in a while so players would think they had been muted instead of reporting the for macroing.

They can be a high level, such as 112, and have a noob following them asking for free stuff.

It's not just muted players who are harassed by beggars. Plus, telling players you're muted does nothing to deter beggars. It's not like muted players have their public chat permentantly turned off or anything, so knowing this, players would just go on begging until the muted player either logs out or gives them something.

Edited by heb0

What i think will be better is if the person is muted and you right click them ther username should be in red and a new emote is not needed

The majority of people who are muted are muted for breaking the rules, even if you consider them stupid...

This emote would be abused by autoers. The would be programmed to do this emote every once in a while so players would think they had been muted instead of reporting the for macroing.

They can be a high level, such as 112, and have a noob following them asking for free stuff.

It's not just muted players who are harassed by beggars. Plus, telling players you're muted does nothing to deter beggars. It's not like muted players have their public chat permentantly turned off or anything, so knowing this, players would just go on begging until the muted player either logs out or gives them something.

I'm not going to think that a bald level-3 named lchdkfhd who is wearing the main clothes and cutting yews is a real player, am I?

And I think that it has been mentioned that this emote is for muted people only. And even if he wasn't, the bald bot would stop doing his macroing job to do the emote, won't he? :P

Anyway, even though this sounds like a good idea, it's useless for beggars. If someone's asking you for free stuff, he's expecting a trade (which muted players can do) not an explanation why he isn't giving him stuff :)

~ Macki

Its an ok idea, i dont think muted players deserve a new emote for breaking the rules, that just doesnt make sense TBH.

EDIT: I dont even think muted players will use the emote anyway.

~Kumus

Edited by Kumus

There's the no emote, if you can't recognize that, sad. Muted players deserve it. They broke the rules and lost heir priviliges.

Their repsonsibility was to behave ingame, they didn't so they lost their privilige of talking.

As said in one of the earlier posts, it's more practical to make the person's name appear white or something to show they are muted. Getting a new emote if you're muted is only going to help if people happen to be colorblind or something like that. :mad:

And nobody deserves to be harrassed by beggars. Being banned by Jagex is bad enough already. :P

No... i dont think this would be realy fair that a MUTED player gets an emote and the rest dont :wub:

Its the fault the got muted , and realy the just have to wait patiently for the unmute :wub:

Muted people are supposed to be serving a punishment, not getting new emotes.

PS no offence intended to guy who threaded, just voicing my opinion :wub:

I kinda agree with this but this person is doing this cause they're muted probably but it's alright but it's kinda stupid.

Edited by Powers138