Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Achievement Diary: Varrock

task number 18 for easy's pic is kinda blurry

other than that

hope you get accepted dear ole leader

Some fill in's for these:

Required Skills: 21 Agility, 32 Quest Points, 40 Theiving, 25 Magic, 40 Combat

Required Quests: Garden of Tranquility, Gertrude's Cat, Rat Catchers, Tree Gnome Village, A Soul's Bane, Enlightened Journey, Dragon Slayer, Fairy Tale II - Cure A Queen (only partially needs to be done to use the fairy rings)

Required Items: Ring of Charos(u), Chaos Talisman or Tiara, Digsite Necklace, 20 Mahognay Logs, 30,000 Coins, Tiara, Earth Talisman, Varrock Teleport runes (3 Air, 1 Fire, 1 Law)

(NOTE: I am not sure if you can use a teletab for the varrock teleport and i'm assuming you cannot just get a new cat from gertrude and you need the ring of charos(u) to pick the color yourself.)

Thanks for the info. A couple of things, you can not use the teletab, and you do need the Ring of Charos (a) to choose the color. I don't think that you need the chaos talisman or tiara because I didnt use in during the quest that I just did to get into there... I will test it.

i had to go all the way to the portal and just through it to complete it for mine. So i think you'd need it

Not sure if you need it or not, but I have a pic of Varrock Armor 3. Its me btw.

runescapeun6.png

I didn't think of taking a pic of #2

Nice guide, I've only found three small corrections so far:

Required Quests:Started A Fairy Tale Part II, Rune Mysteries, What Lies Below, Rat Catchers, Tree Gnome Village, Gertrude's Cat, Garden of Tranquillity, A Soul's Bane, Enlightened Journey, Dragon Slayer, Family Crest, Desert Treasure, Demon Slayer, The Dig Site, The Grand Tree, Hazeel Cult, In Aid of the Myreque, Making History, Merlin's Crystal, Observatory Quest, Priest in Peril, Shield of Arrav, A Tail of Two Cats, Temple of Ikov

Space between colon and started

Tranquility

Medium Tasks

Requirements

Required Skills: 21 Agility, 32 Quest Points, 40 Theiving, 25 Magic, 40 Combat

Required Quests: Garden of Tranquility, Gertrude's Cat, Rat Catchers, Tree Gnome Village, A Soul's Bane, Enlightened Journey, Dragon Slayer, Fairy Tale II - Cure A Queen (only partially needs to be done to use the fairy rings)

Required Items: Ring of Charos(a), Digsite Necklace, 20 Mahogany Logs, 30,000 Coins, Tiara, Earth Talisman, Varrock Teleport runes (3 Air, 1 Fire, 1 Law)

Recommended Items: Charged Amulet of Glory, many runes for teleporting to Varrock

Thieving

i had to go all the way to the portal and just through it to complete it for mine. So i think you'd need it

Yes, you do need it.

Not sure if you need it or not, but I have a pic of Varrock Armor 3. Its me btw.

runescapeun6.png

I didn't think of taking a pic of #2

Thanks, I will get the armour #2 hopefully tonight.

Nice guide, I've only found three small corrections so far:

Thanks, Pig

Could someone have 70-Smithing, use some kind of skill enhancer, become 73/70 Smithing, smith the Medium Helmet, and earn the credit for completing that part of the diary?

Could someone have 70-Smithing, use some kind of skill enhancer, become 73/70 Smithing, smith the Medium Helmet, and earn the credit for completing that part of the diary?

Yea, thats what I did because I have 68 smithing and 67 farming. I used the spices from Evil Dave's basement and added them to stews to get them up. I believe they raise or lower stats up to a max of 6.

:P Whoa :P

you've really done well. Hope you don't mind i'm gona mark out the quest i've done in a Quote.

Required Quests:Started A Fairy Tale Part II, Rune Mysteries, What Lies Below, Rat Catchers, Tree Gnome Village, Gertrude's Cat, Garden of Tranquillity, A Soul's Bane, Enlightened Journey, Dragon Slayer, Family Crest, Desert Treasure, Demon Slayer, The Dig Site, The Grand Tree, Hazeel Cult, In Aid of the Myreque, Making History, Merlin's Crystal, Observatory Quest, Priest in Peril, Shield of Arrav, A Tail of Two Cats, Temple of Ikov

Might edit the post if i find more that i've done.

But Awesome i've needed this today.

Edited by Powers138

Thieving

wow i can't spell right...thanks for noticing for me

and wow varrock armor 3 looks awesome, not like the 1st one...

and a correction on my part:

Required Quests: Garden of Tranquility, Gertrude's Cat, Rat Catchers, Tree Gnome Village, A Soul's Bane, Enlightened Journey, Dragon Slayer, Started Fairy Tale II - Cure A Queen

Put 'Started' before Fairy tale II, like you did at the top, so you don't have the extra parenthesis

Required Items: 30,100 Coins

you need an extra 100 coins for the Medium tasks to buy a new cat

Edited by Lordmccoy

Just an update...

@Lordmccoy: I have added your corrections. Thank you for your help on the guide.

To everyone: PLEASE help submit pictures for the hard tasks. I really want to complete this guide, and with everyone's help, I hope it goes fast.

I have everything done except the hard task pics, directions, and reqs.

Just an update...

@Lordmccoy: I have added your corrections. Thank you for your help on the guide.

To everyone: PLEASE help submit pictures for the hard tasks. I really want to complete this guide, and with everyone's help, I hope it goes fast.

I have everything done except the hard task pics, directions, and reqs.

What exactly would you like in the pictures showing the hard tasks? In other words, how would you like the pictures taken?

The pics should show the area of the action, or, if you can, show the action being done.

You may want to add that Varrock armor 3 allows you to enter the Cooking guild while wearing it, and you are able to use its bank too.

[/url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/GertrudesCat.html]Gertrude's Cat[/url],

Remove the first slash ('/') in the medium task quest requirements so the link will show:

[url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/GertrudesCat.html]Gertrude's Cat[/url]

Gertrude's Cat

Edited by Lordmccoy

You may want to add that Varrock armor 3 allows you to enter the Cooking guild while wearing it, and you are able to use its bank too.

Thanks, adding that.

[/url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/GertrudesCat.html]Gertrude's Cat[/url],

Remove the first slash ('/') in the medium task quest requirements so the link will show:

[url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/GertrudesCat.html]Gertrude's Cat[/url]

Gertrude's Cat

Thanks, fixed lol. I find it easier to manually link it. Dunno why.

EDIT: Added the top link section.

EDIT: Finished linking!!! Now just pics, and it will be 100% complete!!!

EDIT: Proofread, I think it is ready for the site!

Edited by Hawk

You have forgotten writing that you also need 5gp, Limpwurt Root and Red Spider Eggs for the Medium Part :aware:

~ Macki

Please call me Macki (not iMacki) in the contribution. Thanks :wub:

~ Macki

Please call me Macki (not iMacki) in the contribution. Thanks :crying:

~ Macki

Okay, fixed that.

I also added something I was missing. The lowered prices.

You must've accidentally deleted the close ] to the image tag. It should be

[img=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/images/mitharrow.gif]Mithril Arrows - 27 gp

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/images/mitharrow.gif Mithril Arrows - 27 gp

Yep, forgot to close :xd: Thanks for the correction.

Catch 100 rats with your cat. If you already have a cat that's gotten a medal, you'll need to pick up a new kitten from Gertrude for 100 gold pieces. Raise it up to being a cat as kittens can't catch rats very well, then head to Varrock sewers or Evil Dave's BASEMENT OF DOOM! (accessible during Recipe for Disaster: Evil Dave) to hunt rats. You will get messages when your kitten or cat has caught 10, 50 and 100 rats. Now, if you have a medal in your bank, withdraw it, drop it (if you don't want to keep it) and walk to Gertrude's house. If you wish to keep your medal, withdraw and drop it just before you speak to Gertrude, then pick it up after you receive the second medal. You should tell her that your cat caught 100 rats and she will give you a new cat training medal.

You might want to add that you can use Hellcats, but not Wily/Lazy cats (that are obtained from the Rat Catchers quest).

You might want to add that you can use Hellcats, but not Wily/Lazy cats (that are obtained from the Rat Catchers quest).

Thanks, I also added that you can not use overgrown cats because they can't catch rats.

You need complete the quest What Lies Below for the medium tasks not for hard tasks. :s

Thanks, I guess I got the reqs mixed up :rolleyes: