Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jellijelli

Female Circumcision

Anyways--remember some of the other traditions we follow... Christmas (whats the point? To be nice? Remember that presents cost money and, unless you're a child, you almost never get presents that exceed the value of those that you gave),

I am not a Christian; I do not celebrate Christmas. For Christians, it is to celebrate Christ's birth.

Easter (why go to church? Is religion unimportant because it's something we've practiced for thousands of years?),

I am not a Christian; I do not celebrate Easter. For Christians, it is to celebrate Christ's resurrection.

Labor Day (why not go to work? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to simply work that day and make your normal daily wage?),

No. It ensures that everybθdy gets a vacation.

Halloween (why risk the chance that you're allergic to the candy you get or risk the lawsuit that follows? How do you know someone isn't angry with the world and put razor blades into your favorite chocolate bar?),

It's fun. I'm willing to take such a tiny risk in order to have fun.

and about every other holiday?

If you're celebrating a holiday, there ought to be a better reason than "jus cos its tradition"

If you didn't notice, I was playing Devil's Advocate. My point is that religion is mostly tradition--why follow it if it seems to leave little gain in today's world? The fundamentals of those holidays are traditional religions. Also remember that it's part of the tradition in Egypt to attempt to ensure a bride is a virgin--it started on religion, much like Christmas is celebrated by Christians and Aethiests despite the fact that most people have forgotten the reasons behind it.

If the women are up for it, and know the risks and repercussions, then they shouldn't be stopped.

But if the family is forcing them to do it, without telling the girl anything about it...

Adding onto that, the licensed doctor doing the procedure should be fully qualified so that no one dies because of it.

People die in the hospital where we have licensed doctors with 8 years of schooling doing procedures. Just because you're licensed dosen't mean that you're going to be perfect.

Well whats the difference between that and what happens in judaism.

Male circumcision isn't detrimental to health. (In fact, it's beneficial in a few ways.) When a female-circumcised woman has sex for the first time, all the scar tissue that developed is ripped apart. And that's far more painful than a simple hymen-tearing. Not to mention the severe possibility of fatal infection accompanying female circumcision.

There's a chance of fatal infection in any surgery.

If the women are up for it, and know the risks and repercussions, then they shouldn't be stopped.

Women? These are 7-13 year old girls. That's precisely why this has become controversial: circumcision is rarely about an adult making an informed, personal choice, but rather the family imposing its religious/cultural tradition upon a child.

I think the practice is atrocious and am appalled whenever I read stories like this.

Male circumcision isn't detrimental to health. (In fact, it's beneficial in a few ways.)

Frankly, I don't support male circumcision either. The American Academy of Pediatrics has stated that it's not medically necessary. Furthermore, the medical benefits are pretty insignificant. And as I mentioned before, many infants are circumcised not because their parents have given serious thought to the matter, weighing the pros and cons, but rather because it represents "tradition."

-Common Sense

Yes, and your parents teaching you their religion is also tradition. I can almost guarantee you that if your parents did not force you to go to church, that you would never have thought of going in the first place. Of course you will say you would have because that's how you were raised, but in reality, you more than likely would not have given a sceond thought to not going to church.

If it's their tradition, then I support it. As somebody or the article said, 96% of women in Egypt are circumcised. This is 1 report on one person dieing because of it. I think that people in the media make too big of a deal over such a small thing. Although the death of the young lady is tragic, it's one in a whole lot of chance that it happens.

But the outrage over this isn't over the death rate, or injury. It's about ruining any chance for sexual pleasure or equality for the entire female population of a country. The operation is considered SUCCESSFUL if the woman can't feel sexual pleasure anymore. THAT'S the problem.

But the outrage over this isn't over the death rate, or injury. It's about ruining any chance for sexual pleasure or equality for the entire female population of a country. The operation is considered SUCCESSFUL if the woman can't feel sexual pleasure anymore. THAT'S the problem.

I think this has already been adressed.

I think this has already been adressed.

If it's been dealt with then I should see 0 posts dealing with infections or death rates. I have in fact seen posts that discuss infections and death rates (which is what I quoted), so I thought it was necessary to make sure that was clear.

Ok, I'm in need of some edumakatin on sex.

How does the clitoris have anything to do with nθrmal penile penetration?

Sexual intercourse and sexual pleasure aren't the same thing. Sexual intercourse is still possible (again, after the man cuts her up a little bit more) but the nerves are pretty much shot, just about all of them. The traditional procedure isn't limited to the clitoris. Also, the clitoris is the strongest center for sexual pleasure, so damaging or removing it has a very strong negative impact on the pleasure involved.

Ok, I'm in need of some edumakatin on sex.

How does the clitoris have anything to do with nθrmal penile penetration?

There are three types of female circumcision. You can read about them on the wikipedia article, but they get worse as the number increases. Type 1 is just a Clitoridectomy (removal of the clitoris), but Type 3 just leaves a small hole for urine to exit the body. :glasses:

Secondly, the clitoris is where the pleasure takes place for females during sex. No clitoris means no pleasure for the girl. There is another source of pleasure called the G-Spot, but it's much harder to stimulate.

Edited by Bub 5000

I think only people who are mature should be able to have that surgery, and more specifically of their own free will. Although in some of those crazy countries it wouldn't really matter.

Why can't people just not treat me as if I'm different because I'm a girl? Why do they have to act as if they'd never seen one before?

Because they can't control their raging hormournes and have to be an insult to my gender all day long. :sighs:

For some reason I had you labeled as a guy. :glasses: And for the record, I don't think I really treat guys or girls differently on the internet. :cute:

Yeah. Some of us know better to make "jokes" about other stranger's private parts. :glasses:

Secondly, the clitoris is where the pleasure takes place for females during sex. No clitoris means no pleasure for the girl. There is another source of pleasure called the G-Spot, but it's much harder to stimulate.

The clitoris isn't stimulated during sexual intercourse. One of the partners will use his or her hands or fingers to pleasure his or her partner.

About female circumcision. I'm against it. Firstly, the clitoris is what causes the most genital sensation. Basically, it gives the most pleasure to a female. Even without any medical consequences, cutting off the clitoris means destroying a woman's most sensitive point of pleasure for life, which simply isn't fair.

Here come the medical consequences. If anesthetic isn't used during the removal, the female can die of shock because of pain or excessive bleeding. As well as that, if instruments that aren't sterile are used, there may be serious infections. This can also cause infertility and reproductive tract infections.

When a woman has sex for the first time and she is circumcised, she often feels extreme pain.

To me, the above is enough to stand against female circumcision. But, if a woman herself wants to be circumcised because of her religious beliefs or traditions, then it should be allowed. In that situation, the woman should know what the consequences might be. If she still decides to do it, let her. It's her choice.

It's also wrong when a female is forced to be circumcised, especially a girl who can't properly decide because she may not know of the possible consequences.

That's just my opinion, and I think a lot of people have already pointed out some of these issues.

Edited by Nadson

Just our of interest (not that sort, filthy mind :D ) doesn't the couple have to be engaged in the 'doggy' position to stimulate the g spot? Or does that just make it easier. I would advise against doing a google search for this question.

Edited by Sir Ajacobs

Just our of interest (not that sort, filthy mind :D ) doesn't the couple have to be engaged in the 'doggy' position to stimulate the g spot? Or does that just make it easier. I would advise against doing a google search for this question.

I personally don't think it even Σxists. It's probably all psychological, as there is no scientific evidence. And why is this topic turning into a sΣx-ed course?

Why can't people just not treat me as if I'm different because I'm a girl? Why do they have to act as if they'd never seen one before?

Because they can't control their raging hormournes and have to be an insult to my gender all day long. :sighs:

For some reason I had you labeled as a guy. :P And for the record, I don't think I really treat guys or girls differently on the internet. :(

I did too, maybe he was talking about all those dumb guys giving a bad image for other males?

:) Wait, are you two talking about Oniyoh? :aware: He said he was a guy.

I am Against all Kinds Of Circumcision, I live in Arab country where the little kids try to escape the surgeons and then just Forced to have it done... Think of all the Pain... Damage..Anger its generates...

I am Against all Kinds Of Circumcision, I live in Arab country where the little kids try to escape the surgeons and then just Forced to have it done... Think of all the Pain... Damage..Anger its generates...

I couldn't agree with you more. Circumcision should be voluntary.

Since when does male circumcision generate pain, damage or anger? It's done at such a young age, usually, that the person doesn't remember it ever having been done. (At least, I don't...)

Edited by Evin290

Since when does male circumcision generate pain, damage or anger? It's done at such a young age, usually, that the person doesn't remember it ever having been done. (At least, I don't...)

Generally people do it to make their penis look larger. That, and religious beliefs :D

Edited by Sir Ajacobs

Generally people do it to make their penis look larger. That, and religious beliefs :D

There are health benefits as well.

There are health benefits as well.

Really? What are they?

For some reason I had you labeled as a guy. :) And for the record, I don't think I really treat guys or girls differently on the internet. ;)

I did too, maybe he was talking about all those dumb guys giving a bad image for other males?

:xd: Wait, are you two talking about Oniyoh? :s He said he was a guy.

:slaps head:

Note to self: be more direct when you talk on sal's.

I am guy, I shave, I hit puberty ages ago, I have little estrogen and alot of testrone. On my ID it says I am a male. I use the male restroom and I was born with only man parts.

Oniyoh= man.

What I was saying...

Because they (Little horny teenage boys.) can't control their raging hormournes ( which men learn to master ;) ) and have to be an insult to my gender (Horny teenage boys make it hard for all men. ) all day long. :sighs:

I can understand how it could be misintepreted. But I am a guy... or a very manly lesbian. :)

Anyways, back on topic.

I know that make circumcision has some health benefits. But cutting off a woman's clitoris doesn't do anything for her, besides reduce sexual pleasure.

Ok, Oniyoh. My bad. I saw somewhere else where you posted where you mentioned you were a guy, so I guessed on a different interpretation than I had originally thought.

One of the arguments against female circumcision that I've seen used here is that they are children and are unable to make a decision if they want the procedure done or not, if they even make the choice (in most cases I think its the parents choosing to do this). How is male circumcision any different? It is often done at a very young age, so the parents are the ones having it done, not the child. It is still (obviously) painful to go through the procedure for males, as it would be for females.

It's done at such a young age, usually, that the person doesn't remember it ever having been done.
Using that logic, I can go through any amount of pain in my life and it won't matter at all because I'll most likely forget it. So the pain that people go through during circumcision doesn't matter.

It's done at such a young age, usually, that the person doesn't remember it ever having been done.
Using that logic, I can go through any amount of pain in my life and it won't matter at all because I'll most likely forget it. So the pain that people go through during circumcision doesn't matter.

I was referring to male circumcision. Women will obviously remember the (far worse) pain of having the scar tissue removed so that they can have sex for the first time. :D

I agree with Steve here. A child can be sexually abused when very young... maybe so young that he/she didn't even know what happened. When the child grows old enough and understands what happened to him/her does he/she feel no pain because the physical pain has long been forgotten? Maybe the physical pain would be forgotten but mental pain might occur.

I've not been sexually abused (thankfully), but then just because I do not remember the pain of something painful that happened when I was young... that doesn't mean I didn't feel any anguish when I grew old enough to understand what happened to me.

(Uhm, I don't know if I'm stating my point clearly enough. :mellow: )

True perhaps, for you.

But think of a girl. Let's say she underwent the a form of female circumcision as a baby. She doesn't understand or remember this was done to her. Then she reaches puberty and she realises that she had underwent this when a baby. Even if she didn't have to endure any physical pain (eg, reopening...on her marriage night), I bet you she would feel incredibly violated. Not just because this was done without her knowledge or her will... but especially because this was done to her when she had no choice in the matter...and this is an operation that affects her sexuality.

I'm going off-topic but for children who underwent forced sterillisation (knowingly forced or not)often for eugenics.. it's much the same. A choice made for them without their consent and sometimes knowledge.

What gives humans the right to control another's sexuality? Nothing.

My two cents.

I agree with Steve here. A child can be sexually abused when very young... maybe so young that he/she didn't even know what happened. When the child grows old enough and understands what happened to him/her does he/she feel no pain because the physical pain has long been forgotten? Maybe the physical pain would be forgotten but mental pain might occur.

Again, I was referring to male circumcision. I've never heard of cases where it's caused mental pain or memorable phyiscal pain (unless it were botched or something).

True perhaps, for you.

But think of a girl. Let's say she underwent the a form of female circumcision as a baby. She doesn't understand or remember this was done to her. Then she reaches puberty and she realises that she had underwent this when a baby. Even if she didn't have to endure any physical pain (eg, reopening...on her marriage night), I bet you she would feel incredibly violated. Not just because this was done without her knowledge or her will... but especially because this was done to her when she had no choice in the matter...and this is an operation that affects her sexuality.

Again, again, I'm talking about male cicrumcision. They're very different. I will say it one more time: I am wholly against female circumcision. I agree with you, it's a terrible practice.

I know you were Evin. I was merely using your post as leverage to make a point. :P

I Know This Topic Is Old (Last Post 28 Days Ago).

But, Im Really Curious Bout Somethin Aye, I Heard That If A Female

Gets This Done To Her, That They Will Never Be Able To Get To That

Big 'O'. True Or False?

Wasnt Sure If 'The Word' Is Bad To Use Here... Word Ryhmes With Spasm.

I Was Just Wanting To Know, Saw It On TV Somewhere. Not That Its Always Right.

Milne Dog.

Edited by Kittenblob
You knew it was old, so why'd you post?