Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Darkside1384

School Dances

Hey everyone I just was wondering if anyone else out there had a girlfriend or boyfriend, I am taking my girlfriend to homecomming and wanted some pointers, not like how to make my move or anything just things like what not to do to make myself look like a fool infrount of her, Oh and I can't dance :holiday:

Umm yha so just tell me about your dances and what you all do like go in groups of cupples or whatever

I need pointers and it will probibly be the first time we kiss so when should I try that, I'm realy bad at finding the right moment (not first kiss just first with her)

-darkside

Hey everyone I just was wondering if anyone else out there had a girlfriend or boyfriend, I am taking my girlfriend to homecomming and wanted some pointers, not like how to make my move or anything just things like what not to do to make myself look like a fool infrount of her, Oh and I can't dance :holiday:

Umm yha so just tell me about your dances and what you all do like go in groups of cupples or whatever

I need pointers and it will probibly be the first time we kiss so when should I try that, I'm realy bad at finding the right moment (not first kiss just first with her)

-darkside

Tell her you play (or played) RuneScape!! :jester:

Nah, but really: Don't say more than you have to in front of people. It's really embarrasing when you make a joke, realize its a stupid one and the moment is an awkward salmon.

And if you don't know how to dance (What's wrong with you? :hello:)...just sorta go with whatever happens. Even if its techno.

And about the 'first kiss' thing. Slow dances are good. :holiday:

Kthxbai.

-Mikey

Ignore her and just hang around drinking beer with your friends the whole time.

Trust me you'll be getting some after its over.

Be yourself, she obviously likes you enough to be your girlfriend so dont worry about it. She likes what she see's so dont act different/strange to normal.

Too bad he'll be getting some with his drunk friends.

Slow dances just grab her hips and pull in holding her so her face is facing you, then for fast dances freak or grind so you can't see her face.

Oh I love that idea other then I'm 15 and can't even drive so how do you think I will be drinking at a school dance

The whole lacking a licence thing bites also but I think I might get some of my older friends to drive, but if I can't what do I do then

Humor is key. Be funny. Don't be afraid to rip on people (in a lighthearted manner of course, and provided that she's not overly self-conscious). As for what Mikey said about awkward silences and people not getting jokes, if that happens, it's the perfect opportunity for lighthearted ripping. Break the silence yourself, quickly, with another joke directed at the people that didn't get your last one. I've seen it work a million times. But yeah, humor. This really can't be stressed too much. Be Funny!!.

Also, slow dances are your friend. I'd recommend waiting until the end of the last one before you try to kiss her. The waiting/teasing will build anticipation, especially if you come close but then stop after each slow dance before that; a little bit of teasing works absolute wonders. So anticipation is also your friend. Anticipation + inherently romantic slow dance = great kiss.

Edited by Natus Lumen

Hey everyone I just was wondering if anyone else out there had a girlfriend or boyfriend, I am taking my girlfriend to homecomming and wanted some pointers, not like how to make my move or anything just things like what not to do to make myself look like a fool infrount of her, Oh and I can't dance :D

-darkside

It's not about finding the right moment, it's about making the moment you do it just right.

Humor is key. Be funny. Don't be afraid to rip on people (in a lighthearted manner of course, and provided that she's not overly self-conscious). As for what Mikey said about awkward silences and people not getting jokes, if that happens, it's the perfect opportunity for lighthearted ripping. Break the silence yourself, quickly, with another joke directed at the people that didn't get your last one. I've seen it work a million times. But yeah, humor. This really can't be stressed too much. Be Funny!!.

Also, slow dances are your friend. I'd recommend waiting until the end of the last one before you try to kiss her. The waiting/teasing will build anticipation, especially if you come close but then stop after each slow dance before that; a little bit of teasing works absolute wonders. So anticipation is also your friend. Anticipation + inherently romantic slow dance = great kiss.

I agree with the humour, but dont EVER direct it at her; that is the death knell...make it situational.

In teen movies of homecoming dances (I have never been to one) everyone gets up and starts dancing like they are professionals in perfect timing and choeography with everyone else....make fun of those little things somehow.

Do not ignore her, but also do not be too clingy, talk to her but be comfortable with the fact that she will disappear with her friends to discuss you all, listen to what she tells you and respond to it intelligently.

I didn't even go to my school dance, I had a GF but I know she gets teased about liking me and stuff. So we keep our love out side of school....

There is no secret I can tell you about talking to girls, I am the ultimate poor git who always finds himself being thought of as a "friend", which is a death knell if you have impure thoughts, but I have managed to get a few insights:

girls like intelligence...a body is one thing, but a wit keeps their attention.

never ever treat them as sub-human to be conquered, play the chase game, but never treat girls as the end-game.

play the game, talk to them....be respectful, but dont talk to them as your mother...when you get a bit older experience will tell you what I mean ^_^

*edit* maybe what I said there was a bit indistinct.....girls like to be chased, they like to have people running after them, but if they are seen as a piece of meat they will quickly kick you in the balls (physically and metaphorically), that is never good.

Above all, enjoy yourself, be confident.

Edited by Sparhawke

At my school dances I go alone, I just break out the fast dance and on slow dances (hardly any), I just hang around the punch bowl.

Edited by Zoidberg

never ever treat them as sub-human to be conquered, play the chase game, but never treat girls as the end-game.

Awww, I love doing that ^_^ :/.

In a few words, SPIKE THE PUNCH :P :wub: :wub:!!!!

Works wonders for me.....

If that does not work, rig small amounts of explosives to go off (make sure the girl is close to you). When they go off, pull her close and kiss her :wub:!!!!! You have a awesome back-drop of explosions now :). This will never fail (for (a) more spectacular explosion(s), put a charge below the punch :cute::yay: (which at this time should be spiked :/ :P :o)....!!!!)!!!!

In reality thou, it is most stupid to be doing any of this....

Almost forgot, copy-right (don't want to get sued if some idiot/ idiots tries/ will try/ attempts to try this) :).... :o....

ALL ADVICE IS COPY-RIGHTED ©2007 JOHN ADAMS; SALS REALM OF RUNESCAPE.

Any unauthorized production of above text (or variations of said text) will be punished to the full extent of the law!!!!

:o!!!!

~John

Edited by John Adams

I agree with the humour, but dont EVER direct it at her; that is the death knell...make it situational.

In teen movies of homecoming dances (I have never been to one) everyone gets up and starts dancing like they are professionals in perfect timing and choeography with everyone else....make fun of those little things somehow.

Do not ignore her, but also do not be too clingy, talk to her but be comfortable with the fact that she will disappear with her friends to discuss you all, listen to what she tells you and respond to it intelligently.

Gotta disagree with that. If you do it properly, nothing works better than teasing her. I've seen it work many times, and it's an amazing sight. Also, it helps if you disappear on your own a couple of times, it shows her that you have other people you like to hang out with and vastly helps to dispel any "needy" image you may accidentally project. And like other people have said, be confident. If you act nervous is any way, it'll be picked up on and it'll dash your plans faster than a ship on an iceberg.

Edited by Natus Lumen

*edit* maybe what I said there was a bit indistinct.....girls like to be chased, they like to have people running after them, but if they are seen as a piece of meat they will quickly kick you in the balls (physically and metaphorically), that is never good.

Well said indeed. :D

Why not you just go away with her to a more quiet spot and just kiss? :D

Gotta disagree with that. If you do it properly, nothing works better than teasing her.
Depends on the girl's personality and how comfortable she is with you. :P

Act like you normally do. Be honest and be yourself. You won't be happy with yourself if you have to pretend to be someone you're not every time you're around her. Of course you will need to learn to dance before the dance and you should dress up nice. Slow dancing is pretty easy to do. You just put one hand a little above her waist and hold her other hand and just sort of walk around slowly. :D

Its your dance, have fun, be yourself. You girl must like you for who you are, if you cant dance who cares? If she doesn't like you for that then shes not the one anyway.

Hey everyone I just was wondering if anyone else out there had a girlfriend or boyfriend, I am taking my girlfriend to homecomming and wanted some pointers, not like how to make my move or anything just things like what not to do to make myself look like a fool infrount of her, Oh and I can't dance :D

-darkside

For someone who can type worth crap I am surprised you got a gf.

Just be yourself and don't be a dick.

Come, drunken, in skimpy S&M leather, then proceed to feel her up whilst chugging down a bottle of strawberry wine.

Works every time.

Edited by GIR

Come, drunken, in skimpy S&M leather, then proceed to feel her up whilst chugging down a bottle of strawberry wine.

Works every time.

Right.

However, in the event that you want to keep your girlfriend (no offense GIR), just be yourself. Don't be stiff, and don't refuse to dance if she asks you. If you do, she'll probably go find someone else to dance with, and that's never a good thing. Don't follow her everywhere, but don't ignore her either. And do not talk to any other girls, even if they're your own sister. That's about all I can think of.... Oh, and don't die. Always a big date killer when one of the people dies. :wink:

~CQ :)

Edited by Cow Queen

Slow dances just grab her hips and pull in holding her so her face is facing you, then for fast dances freak or grind so you can't see her face.

wat is a freak or grind?

wat is a freak or grind?

If you have to ask you are too young for the answer lol

wat is a freak or grind?

If you have to ask you are too young for the answer lol

I'm probably older than you are. Enlighten me, please.

~CQ :)