Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Darkest

The Omega Faking Group

Alright folks, no more talk about positions. I've made an proposition with Dark to introduce a new system that would not olny give everyone a chance to fake, but open up new positions. It's not a sure thing yet since Dark is reluctant to to do it. It took me 5 PM's just to convince him to post the idea here and let you guys decide. He'll post it here in the morning.

If agreed, it'll be put into practice when we release our special project.

maybe would should put in large text "All Possitions Full, No Applications Please"
Nah, thatl make ppl feel unwelcome. Thats why he puts the names in red. If people waste 10 minutes making an app, thats their own fault, and stupidity. :wub:
That's not nice... I applied because I saw three assistant screenshot dudes, and though "If there are three, maybe there can be more." You need to post something saying they're full, but you can take backup people or put an application on a waiting list.
Alright folks, no more talk about positions. I've made an proposition with Dark to introduce a new system that would not olny give everyone a chance to fake, but open up new positions. It's not a sure thing yet since Dark is reluctant to to do it. It took me 5 PM's just to convince him to post the idea here and let you guys decide. He'll post it here in the morning.If agreed, it'll be put into practice when we release our special project.
Great, maybe I'll have a chance.

Actully, maybe we should make a new thread cause of old members wanting to join. Also I was thinking of Having it like this for everything:

Cheif of Screenshots-.....

Screenshot Assistant-...

Screenshot Assistant-...

Maybe add one position, but with five positions for each subject it's kinda confusing.

Also, as I have said before, we should get a domain ASAP. This is the best way to start, because with all of my previous sites I've gotten them all up in a snap.

Hmm, what if we made different groups (Not faking groups, lol)? Each group has 1 of each position and they take it in turns to make fakes. I'm not sure if that would work though, but we could always offer each group to make fakes at the same time and make in mandatory at the start of every post to put in size 4, bold what group they're in and PM all finished fakes to you*The Darkest (Whover gets to post the new thread). E.g.

Alpha Group - M/NPC Creation

Okay guys, I've just finished the new monster, here it is. Anything else you want me to do or is that it for this fake. I was thinking maybe we could <IDEA>.

<IMAGE>

Nihilus's idea, but I think it ruins the entire system of Omega and is entirely different from how we do it now. Pretty much the exact same format as the Fantastic Fakers, and I really don't want to change th way Omega works because it works perfectly fine and the fakes produced are wonderful

... Plus the image has shrunk loads since i last checked.

I Think its fine how omega is, If it gets crouded people can make there own Groups i don't mind.

For the record, the top half of that quote, from "Actually" to "Snap" are Dark's PM, just ignore that bit I suppose.

Anyhow, I'd like to just post the main points to help people decide

Advantages

- More open positions

- Some fakers don't have to wait weeks/months just to get a turn to contibute

- More fakes can be produced in the same amount of time it would take for 1 fake to be produced otherwise

- Larger group = Larger influence (:/)

Disadvantages

- If something goes wrong in one of the groups, it could get confusing for senior staff to fix

- Posts would be all over the place (Solution at the bottom)

- Too many members could get hard to manage without the propor attention

Solution to disadvantage 2 = Members would be required to put what group they were in and what position they had in size 4 bold to make it stand out. To find the last post by your group simply press "Ctrl & F" and type in the name of your group. In the case of my example in Dark's PM, I would type in "Alpha Group" and click "Find" or "Next"

I'm sorry I even suggested you open new places for everyone else :/. just do hwat you do best guys, fake! Your group ius fine, I'll start up on for the rejects, don't worry.

Woot the christmas one is finally done :) My first fake with omega (if you don't count the freelance from mc.jagex)

Where should the screenie be taken from?

I have to go now I will check back tomorrow.

Yes... I can't bother to make a layout for the new years fake so you guys can do whatever you want... just include a ball dropping.

I Practicaly NEEEEEEEEDDDDDD, A layout, Of what we have to do and such otherwise this is how we get unorganised. :grindteeth:

Ok I guess I'll make a layout.

Also, WildFire ANYONE can make suggestions.

~~~~~~

Screenshots-Find a picture in a populated area, like a town center, probably Varrock, for a ball drop.

Items-Fireworks and anything else you think is needed in the fake.

Monster/NPC-A big ball on a big pole in the town center. LOTS of people in the center. Maybe a cameraman and announcer standing off to the side.People setting off fireworks off to the side.

Editors-As always, check over the fake.

Seems a little too elaborate, but try if you can, you guys are awesome, I know you can do it! i'll start text when we know who is in the fake.

Okie dokie TD Ill get on it

Shouldnt we make it a GIF file so we can have the "3" "2" "1" Happy new year!

Edited by -Gallen-

Well, a GIF would have bad color quality, and it's not that necessary because it's not like "3" "2" "1" is such a big animation.

I made the fireworks:

fireworksfz1.png

Mario your first 3 fireword look like popsicles (theyre perfect)...Ambo what should I do?

Well here's a screenshot I got from world 4.

Sorry if it's kinda bad, but I was going to take the screenie near the guys in front of the varrock gate, but I thought we needed the fountain for the ball dropping.

omegafake2sg2.png

I admit it's not very good.

But if anyone finds a better one, I got a picture with lots of people on it (In case you need to copy paste some people)

omegafake2bhi6.png

Edited by Deranged