Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Rugby World Cup

Well, that referee was a moron. So was the video referee. It was so clear from that camera behind the players that the ball wasn't in touch.. :/

His foot was on the line...

He lifted his left foot up before he slid into out, then he scored a try before going totally out. This was clear from the camera angle that was low down and behind the England players.

EDIT:

Great run by Matthew Tait, though. I also lol'd when Montgomery was pushed into the camera :lol:

Hopefully, that will be the new 'epic fail'/'Rick Roll' *prays*

This is just me being sour, but that would be fantastic :D

EDIT2: Did anybody else find the French camera work appalling? At least twice the ball was actually thrown out of shot... :xd:

Edited by Meen

Great run by Matthew Tait, though. I also lol'd when Montgomery was pushed into the camera :lol:

Hopefully, that will be the new 'epic fail'/'Rick Roll' *prays*

This is just me being sour, but that would be fantastic :D

EDIT2: Did anybody else find the French camera work appalling? At least twice the ball was actually thrown out of shot... :xd:

I knew someone would love that :/

I has the English/UK cameras which were absolutely every where, but yes, at times the ball disapeared from shot :/

= Audio =

Did South Africa win? I had a feeling they were. And what was the score (sorry if this is already there, I'm a Kiwi, and I didn't feel like getting up at 7 in the morning for a game that you have a high chance of getting your bones broken).

Did South Africa win? I had a feeling they were. And what was the score (sorry if this is already there, I'm a Kiwi, and I didn't feel like getting up at 7 in the morning for a game that you have a high chance of getting your bones broken).

9-15 to SA, England had a disallowed try and there was an unfair penaulty given to SA infront of the posts

= Audio =

I has the English/UK cameras which were absolutely every where, but yes, at times the ball disapeared from shot :D

The stadium is in Paris, all the footage we get is filmed by the French, and they call all the shots. British ITV (and other broadcasters around the world ) just buy it and broadcast it. :xd:

Think about it, it'd be silly to have a separate camera crew for every nation watching it :lol:

But back on topic, I think the game would have played out very differently if the score had gone to 10-9 England. Which it should have.

Edited by Meen

EDIT2: Did anybody else find the French camera work appalling? At least twice the ball was actually thrown out of shot... :lol:

I am glad I wasn't the only one to notice that, it can't really be that difficult to keep the ball in shot but maybe it is...

Anyway, I don't know if the camera Montgomery crashed into will work anymore :xd:

9-15 to SA, England had a disallowed try and there was an unfair penaulty given to SA infront of the posts

= Audio =

Actually it was 6-15 to SA. Wilkinson got 2 penalties.

Edited by Silent

I has the English/UK cameras which were absolutely every where, but yes, at times the ball disapeared from shot ^_^

The stadium is in Paris, all the footage we get is filmed by the French, and they call all the shots. British ITV (and other broadcasters around the world ) just buy it and broadcast it. :glasses:

Think about it, it'd be silly to have a separate camera crew for every nation watching it :/

But back on topic, I think the game would have played out very differently if the score had gone to 10-9 England. Which it should have.

Well, all the cameras are French owned but the control of which ones is picked by the broadcasters, so they will pick which camera is going out live.

Which it should have

Well, all the cameras are French owned but the control of which ones is picked by the broadcasters, so they will pick which camera is going out live.

Which it should have

Sorry, that isn't true. The "control of which ones is picked" is known as 'calling the shots', and all of that was done by the French.

I don't know if the camera Montgomery crashed into will work anymore :/

It was such a shame that we didn't get to see the crash from that cameras point of view! That would've rocked :glasses:

It would have. SA would have pressured England a lot if they fell behind, but I believe England would have been able to hold on and get a few more points.

Does anyone remember news stories about England getting knocked out by Portugal in Euro 2004. The ref dissallowed an English goal that was definitely in, and becuase of this the game went to penalties and England were knocked out. That ref got thousands of abusive mail and death threats.

What is going to happen to this one?!? :/

EDIT

It was such a shame that we didn't get to see the crash from that cameras point of view! That would've rocked

:glasses: Exactly what I thought. But do you think the tape survived ^_^

Edited by Silent

I don't know if the camera Montgomery crashed into will work anymore :/

It was such a shame that we didn't get to see the crash from that cameras point of view! That would've rocked :glasses:

So do I, it would be the funniest thing I would have ever seen. Taite should have creamed when he had the chance at about 70 Minutes.

= Audio =

lol this were not fair

we should had had that try, guess rugbys turning into football :/

we should had had that try, guess rugbys turning into football :/

What do you mean by this? Unfair decisions in the media all the time :glasses:

By the way, does anyone believe that Toby Flood didn't mean to push Montgomery into the camera?

By the way, does anyone believe that Toby Flood didn't mean to push Montgomery into the camera?

Of course he did, but Montgomerie was being annoying and getting in the way. :/

I was pleased when Montgomerie complained and the ref refused to penalize Flood. :glasses:

I don't think he was aiming for the camera. I think he was pushing Montgomery out of the way so he could try and get the ball and so that Montgomery fell over and made a fool of himself, he was acting like a real Pretty Boy, and the camera collision was a bonus :/

= Audio =

We were unlucky... and the ref was crap :/

Oh well... Hamilton better kick some behinds tomorrow :glasses:

I was pleased when Montgomerie complained and the ref refused to penalize Flood. :P

One of the only good decisions made by the ref in the whole game...

I don't think he was aiming for the camera. I think he was pushing Montgomery out of the way so he could try and get the ball and so that Montgomery fell over and made a fool of himself, he was acting like a real Pretty Boy, and the camera collision was a bonus :/

= Audio =

Would he be allowed to push him out the way if he didn't have the ball though? I am always penalized when I do it :glasses: Maybe thats just school rules ^_^

I think the camera collision is going to be quite high in these 'Sporting Outtakes' programs :)

flood wanted to get the try but he pushed him and he ran for the camera