Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ttttttttt

Guitar Vs. Bass.

Well i personaly prefer the sound of the bvass to guitar :hug2: i know, i know! this sounds strange coming from someone almost obsessed with guitar but the sound of the bass is amazing for me, it's just so cool! I think that they both have there pros and cons though, and guitar is definatley more difficult to learn and play, but whne it comes to sounds bass owns

Well i personaly prefer the sound of the bvass to guitar :mellow: i know, i know! this sounds strange coming from someone almost obsessed with guitar but the sound of the bass is amazing for me, it's just so cool! I think that they both have there pros and cons though, and guitar is definatley more difficult to learn and play, but whne it comes to sounds bass owns

It's true once you start out playing bass is easier than guitar. But farther down the line I'm not to sure,many slap/pop bass players play with 4 or five of there fingers at the same time, not to mention all the movement on their left hand. When it comes down to mastering the instrument they are at least equal, if not bass being harder. Like Sneezing said, there are thousands of great guitar players and hundreds of great bassist.

I prefer the guitar over bass.

But to be getting into the subject more...

Guitar has more strings so it would seem harder to play (up to 24, standard 6) while the bass has a lot less stings, which are thicker so they're easier to play (up to 16, standard 4). Besides that point, anyone who sucks at the bass, and is good at the guitar will tell you "guitar>bass" and vice versa.

The truth is, when they both play together, the sound is simply stellar (assuming both players are doing it right). Also, it's just a matter of preference when choosing one of the other. I met this amazing bassist named "max" and I've never seen anyone better than him live (yes, Dragon Force sucks live, Oh my, I said Dragon Force sucks live!) while the guitarist in the group could tone up on his skills. If the guitarist sucks, the bassist wont sound as good as it is a group effort.