Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Ninane

Coheed And Cambria

Coheed and Cambria has put the final chapter to the Coheed and Cambria storyline on their myspace today. They've produced 4 cds explaining the story of a young boy who is infected with a mutated, sinister virus called the Sinstar (lulz) that was in the DNA of himself and his 3 other siblings, who eventually are murdered by their parents to avoid Armageddon. It's not as ludicrous as it sounds if you read the comics/listen to the cds/read a synopsis of the storyline.

Anyway, one of there more popular singles, The Running Free, is available on YouTube. Video and all. If you're new to the Coheed and Cambria storyline, don't expect it to make much sense. I've listened to all 4 albums and know the storyline up to the 4th CD and it still didn't make sense. But regardless, it's very intresting to watch and listen to. It's probably one of the more upbeat tracks from C&C.

So anyone ever listen to them? What did you think?

Oh, and here's a link to The Running Free, by Coheed and Cambria: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DE2e2Gf8NAk

I really like coheed and cambria, a great band

Not sure about thier new album though, seems a bit...weird...doesn't sound as good as good apollo.

Edited by Cream

I really like coheed and cambria, a great band

Not sure about thier new album though, seems a bit...weird...doesn't sound as good as good apollo.

True. Though I think for the final chapter, a different tone is required. I mean, a lot of stuff is coming to a close in this last chapter and....I don't know. I just feel that it fits the sudden intensity of everything that's finishing up, this change in tone. Everything Claudio Sanchez did in all 4 cds were very...deliberate. I'm sure we'd understand WHY he took such a turn if a more clear synopsis of the story was posted somewhere :)

Definitely not a fan of Coheed and Cambria. I've heard a few of their songs, and they're really not my style at all. They're talented musicians, though.

Edited by Evin290

I like one song, Welcome Home which is maybe the most popular one. But other than that prog rock stuff is alright when done right :ice:.

I like one song, Welcome Home which is maybe the most popular one. But other than that prog rock stuff is alright when done right :P.

If you're a video game fan, that track's going to be on Rock Band (H)! :D

Yeah, I like Coheed and Cambria. I only have "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness" on my iPod though.

The thing I don't get, is they have so many volume 1 and things like that. But they don't seem to be adding any more volumes.

The thing I don't get, is they have so many volume 1 and things like that. But they don't seem to be adding any more volumes.

From what my friends have told me it's about 4 comics that the lead singer writes and then does album or something. I'm not too sure.

From what my friends have told me it's about 4 comics that the lead singer writes and then does album or something. I'm not too sure.

Yeah, he's a talented artist.

I have thier album now.

It's good, but nothing particulary special or memorable.

Pretty good band, Kill Hannah (band) is better in the feminist voice though. :(

Edited by cjgone

Devil In Jersey City = :D

It's not from this album.

But, I do like the new stuff.

Radio bye bye is my favourite from this album.

But I think Wake Up is my favourite overall, closely followed by welcome home and favour house atlantic.