Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stphn

Easier Control

Runescape and WoW are ment to be different. If you think this is hard to control, try playing Stuntman Ignition

never heard of it, but i think something as small as controls wont take away the feeling of runescape

There is not going to be a rs3 for one thing.

Now, if anything, I like these controls better. No need to push enter before you type. Also, do you have any idea how hard it would be navigating square by square using wsad or arrows?

Now, if anything, I like these controls better. No need to push enter before you type. Also, do you have any idea how hard it would be navigating square by square using wsad or arrows?

wat do you mean square by square? and it doesnt have to be the text keys. maybe the arrow or number pad keys

Guest ssean
Maybe in rs3 they would do that...but for now, no. But you should have elaborated more.

There is no rs3 , never will be.

wat do you mean square by square? and it doesnt have to be the text keys. maybe the arrow or number pad keys

Ever noticed that mass amount of squares on the ground in Runescape?

My keyboard doesn't have a number pad...

Think out your suggestion more...

Instead of saying "Make it like Wow," tell us how the keys would change to make movement easier. Anyone with a computer and ten seconds can type "lets do arrow keys or like num pad controls so its like WoW a bit," but it's up to you to tell us exactly how the arrow keys would be used. What would be used to attack, access your inventory or skills, and do things such as change attack styles? At the moment you are just asking that Wow's controls be used in Runescape, which, if you read the rules, you'll see falls under the "taking things from other games" rule.

*puts on professional hat*

Your idea is thin, expend it a little, tell us how the movement will work, how we will interact, how we will move in the "squares" that thr game has.

And provide info on what the mouse will be used for with the movement power gone from it

i think up means walk north

down walk south

left walk west

you CANT make up move your character move UP the direction that you're facing because that would be too hard to see...i think

Using the keypad for moving? What do you think this is, Chip's Challenge? Use the arrow keys for view and the mouse for movement. It's perfect like that.

Im not in favor of this change but..............how about instead of the keyboard we use a gamepad.

Maybe this could be optionial?

With the gamepad you can setup the controls. The gamepad I use has 12 buttons. It also has a D-pad and two analog sticks.

For runescape you can use the D-pad to move. The right analog stick can be used to scroll through all the info about our character.

For example: When you log in, the duel swords icon is highlighted and you want to get to prayer. Move the right analog stick a few times until prayer is highlighted then push down to choose your prayer.

When you push down you can go left and right because the right analog stick controls the highlight. If your at the bottom just push down the analog stick and it will go back to the top.

Or maybe with all the other buttons you can make some hot keys.

I still think point can click is best for Runescape though. It doesn't get much easier than it already is. The gamepad thing will be too slow in the wild compared to a mouse. Plus people will have to buy gamepads and some people wont.

So..........no support.

Edited by Newguyoo0

I am -not- in favor of this suggestion.

Reason(s): The arrow keys are used to change camera directions. It would be annoying to switch in in another way. You say use the num-pad for control. 'Nother problem, laptops. They don't have a num-pad, and even if there was a toggle button, it would still be annoying.

You could elaborate a bit more. Just because it is "like WoW" doesn't necesarily (sp? :)) mean it is good.

This is an idea, all you need to do is expand a bit more, not just throw something out there.

One last thing, don't take this in a mean way, I just want to help you. I used to be a really active member in this specific forum, but now, not so. Basically, I am experienced with elaborate suggestions, and suggestions that aren't thought out.

~Piggybank30 :(