Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neo Avatars

Bank Guide

If I missed out any Banks, then please say.

Originally Written by: Neo Avatars

Special Thanks to: runemasters, thomas154321, moleman, Phisher07, DangerDan, zachary8222

Al Kharid

This Bank is commonly used for Crafting so if you want to buy or sell Cow or Dragon Hides then this is the place to go. It is located in the South-West corner of Al Karid.

alkaridbank5bv.png

Ardougne North Bank

Ardougne North Bank is right by the North wall of East Ardougne just East of the river. This Bank isn't used for much other than Quests like Desert Treasure and Horror from the Deep or getting ready to go and Slay some Fire Giants in the Waterfall Dungeon.

ardynorthbank1sx.png

Ardougne South Bank

This Bank often has people in, but not much talking happens. It is used as a base for Quests like Monk's Friend and is also a good starting point if you are going to Shilo Village or TzHarr. It can be found in the South-East corner of Ardougne and has three floors. The Ground Floor has all the Bank booths on and a ladder either side of the entrance.

ardysouthdownstairs0en.png

If you go up one of those ladders you will appear on the next floor and have a good view out over the City.

ardysouth2ndfloor5sp.png

If you are really brave then you may dare to climb all the way to the top floor of this building and have one of the best views in the whole of Runescape.

ardysouthtopfloor6kn.png

Burthope Bank

Burthope Bank is a well held wonder. It can be acessed by climbing down a ladder in the South-West corner of the Burthope Bar. Once down there are eight Safes that you can try to open if you have a high enough Thieving level. This is also the entrance to the Rogue's Den. The most famulous part of this Bank is that it is conveniently located right next to two roaring fires so it is one of the best if not the best place to train Cooking in the whole of Runescape. To enter this Bank you must talk to Emerald Benedict.

burthopebank2sh.png

Canafis Bank

Canafis Bank is located in the South-East corner of Canafis, a remote village to the North of Morytania, and is quite a popular Bank. This Bank is commonly used mainly because of the nearby Barrows which can reap huge rewards for those who dare enter the tombs. It is also the nearest Bank to the Werewolves, a race of men and women who will change when attacked by any weapon other than the Wolfbane. Werewolves are a common Slayer task and are also good to train combat on at higher levels. The man at the back of the picture is an example of a Werewolf before it has changed forms.

canafisbank1cm.png

Castle Wars Bank

Castle Wars Bank can be found in the entrance hall to Castle Wars. It can be used as the base for Quests such as Zogre Flesh Eaters or, as most people use it, for Banking between games of Castle Wars. This Bank isn't a Booth like most Banks, but a chest postitioned in the South-East corner of the room.

castlewarsbank7nk.png

Catherby Bank

Catherby Bank is the most Westerly building along the Catherby shore. It is used to Bank the many fish caught in the nearby seas. The most common item to be traded here are Lobsters.

catherbybank1ps.png

Draynor Village Bank

This Bank can be found on the South side of Draynor Village. It may be a small Bank, but is used quite a bit due to the Willow Trees to the South and the Master Farmers to the West. Woodcutting Axes, Willow Logs and Seeds are often traded here.

draynorbank1vh.png

Duel Arena Bank

The Duel Arena Bank is located to the East of the main building. There are two chests that you can use to access your Bank and is used to withdraw equipment to Duel. Due to the addition of the Mage Training Arena Cosmic Runes are often bought and sold here.

duelarenabank2vz.png

Edgeville Bank

Edgeville Bank is a PKers dream. Located in the little town of Edgeville just on the edge of the Wilderness it is rare to go into the Bank and not see anybody with a skull above their head. Equipment for the Wilderness is traded here. Beacause of the Abyss and the fact that Runes can be crafted extremly easily Nature Runes are often traded here and it is also a popular location for people to Alch all the many Bows that they have Fletched.

edgevillebank8qq.png

Etceteria Bank

Located on the island of Etceteria it is probably one of the most remote Banks there is. If you don't know where Etceteria is then it is and island joined to Miscellania and can only be accessed from Rellekka. This Bank is very small with just one Banker and no booths. About the only reason you may want to go here is if you need anything during the Throne of Miscellania Quest.

etceteriabank1la.png

Falador East Bank

Falador East Bank is located South of Falador Park and North of the ground entrance to the Mining Guild. This Bank is often empty unless you are on the horrid place called World 2 or any free play worlds..

fallyeastupdate4hx.png

Falador West Bank

Falador West Bank is a very popular Bank. It is one of the nearest Bank to a water source if you are planning on filling multiple vials up with water, it is the nearest Bank to the respawn point if you have the Gaze of Saradomin from the Recruitment Drive Quest and is also the best Bank to use if you are planning on using the Agility shortcut over the wall to collect Snape Grass or if you are planning a trip to Taverly Dungeon.

fallywestupdate7bd.png

Fishing Guild Bank

The Fishing Guild Bank can be found inside the Fishing Guild. Not much is done here other than people cooking the fish that they have caught.

fishingguildbank7ys.png

Grand Tree Bank

This Bank is located on the First Floor of the Grand Tree. It isn't really one Bank, but two. There are two rows of Bank booths that you can use to get to your Bank. They can be seen on either side of the image below.

treegnomebank7ju.png

Gnome Stronghold Bank

This Bank can be found West fo the Gnome Stronghold Agility Course up one of two ladders. In the middle of this Bank between the two rows of booths is a huge tree that can only be seen from the ends of the Bank.

gnomestrongholdbank9mx.png

Keldagrim Bank

Keldagrim Bank can only be visited after starting the Giant Dwarf Quest. It can be found in the center of the Western island of Keldagrim. Not much is done here and you will rarely see other people unless a new quest in this area has recently been released.

keldagrimbank9fe.png

Legends Guild Bank

To get to this Bank you must have completed the Legends Quest. It is used mainly for either stocking on food while killing monsters in the Guild Dungeon, Fletching or Alching.

legendsbank3fe.png

Llyeta Bank

The bank of Lleyta may not be very crowded, but right behind the bank, there is a field of 10 or so flax plants. If you visit this bank, you'll be in seclusion. The city of Lleyta offers much to do as well.

llyetabank7wq.png

Mage Arena Bank

The Mage Arena Bank can be a nightmare to get to. It is located in deep Wilderness and there is a high risk of PKers outside. You can start the Mage Arena Mini-Game here. To access the Bank you must talk to Gundai.

magearenabank7qo.png

Nardah Bank

Located in the South of the town of Nardah in the Kharidian Desert this Bank may not sound well positioned, but it is. It can be used during Quests such as Spirits of the Elid. It is also in quite a handy postition for the Agility Pyramid.

nardahbank3vk.png

Port Phasmatys Bank

Port Phasmatys Bank is the most Easterly building in the whole of Runescape. It can be found in the South of the City. To enter the city you must either pay two Ecto-Tokens, but if you have completed the Ghosts Ahoy Quest then you can enter for free.

portphasmatysbank8xf.png

Seers Village Bank

Seers Village Bank is one of the buisiest Banks in the game. It is the starting point for many things including picking and spinning Flax, Dagannoth Hunting, the Party Room, Elemental Workshop Quest and many other things. Seers Village may be small, but there is a lot to do. It is used a lot to buy and sell Logs, Flax, Bow Strings and Seeds.

seersdownstairs0av.png

If a world is busy then a person may go downstairs and say that they are selling something upstairs.

seersupstairs2pi.png

Shantay Pass Bank

The Shantay Pass is the only access to the Kharidian Desert and has a lot of people passing through daily. This Bank is a small Chest just East of the arch you go through to enter the Desert. When you are standing beside the Bank your camera will be as high as it can go and you can't make it any lower.

shantaypassbank3ov.png

Shilo Village Bank

Shilo Village Bank is located in the South of the island of Karamja. It is used mainly for storing Fish that have been caught in the river running through the Village, but is also used by some Runecrafters who craft Nature Runes. It is a very helpful Bank if you are doing the Legends Quest because it is located on the edge of the Kharazi Jungle.

shilovillagebank2st.png

This Bank holds a magical secret that few know. Upstairs there is a beautiful bamboo seating area that is fairly large and would be ideal if you are holding any clan events or parties for less than 30 people.

shilovillageupstairs1ko.png

Tutorial Island Bank

This is the first Bank that you ever visited during your long Runescape life. It can be accessed about 10 minutes into Tutorial Island. This Bank may not be busy, but if you wait around you will see a constant flow of people going past on their way to the mainland.

tutorialislandbank1eb.png

Tzharr Bank

This Bank can be found inside the city of TzHarr. It is directly opposite the entrance to the Fight Caves Mini-Game that you can obtain the famous Fire Cape from. It is used to withdraw things to attempt to kill the level 702 Tz-Tok-Jad or some of the other monsters within the city. It is also a good place for Members to Bank if they are killing any of the monsters within the Karamja Dungeon.

tzharrbank1ob.png

Varrock East Bank

Varrock East Bank can be found South of the path running through the center of Varrock in the East of the city. The most common item to be traded here is Rune Essence.

varrockeastdownstairs5wo.png

If people are recruiting Essence Miners then they will often go upstairs to talk to the new recruits telling them about what the job is and what pay they will get.

varrockeastupstairs2yj.png

Varrock West Bank

Varrock West Bank has three floors. A top one, a Ground Floor and a Basement. It can be found just beside the West wall of Varrock North of the path. It is a good place to Smith because of the Anvils just across the road. On World 1 this Bank is packed with Merchants and people buying and selling things.

varrockwest6fw.png

There isn't much upstairs other than a good view of the floor below.

varrockwestupstairs0xn.png

Downstairs in the Basement there is quite a bit to do. On World 1 people are often trading items down here. You can also cast Telekinetic Grab on most of the items behind the closed gates to get them.

varrockwestdownstairs4ud.png

Yanille Bank

Yanille Bank isn't used much at all. It is located at the East end of Yanille. When people do go here then it is for Quests such as Big Chompy Bird Hunting or for the Fishing Trawler Mini-Game. There are some Anvils even closer to the Bank than in Varrock, but most people chose to smith in Varrock because there are more people to talk to.

yannilebank1dg.png

Zanaris Bank

Zanaris Bank can be found to the West of the city of Zanaris. You can only enter the city when wielding a Dramen Staff at the end of or after completing the Lost City Quest. It is used by Comic Rune crafters because there is the Cosmic Altar in the South of the city. People may also use this Bank to fill up buckets with sand in the nearby Sand Pit.

zanarisupdate0pe.png

Edited by Neo Avatars

whats the point in having pictures of all the banks, cud u explain the purpose of this???

If you can read it says that I will be adding the writing tomorrow.

The pictures there because they're part of the guide. I may delete one or two, but the majority of them are there because they are part of the guide.

Spelling: Yanille not Yannile. You got all above-ground banks (except Lleyta which you know about). As for below ground, you missed Zanaris. Can't wait for the guide! :)

You took your santa to the Mage Arena?:)

Looks like those pics took u a while tho, gj.

You took your santa to the Mage Arena?:P

Looks like those pics took u a while tho, gj.

No I didn't wear my Santa in the Wildy. If you look at the title of the Guide then you will notice that there is a Bank at the Mage Arena that I can withdraw my Santa from :)

Yep, those pictures took 2 hours of running around the whole of Runescape to take. The worst bit was when I realised I had to go all the way to Etceteria for one of the pics. That run is horrible.

Edited by Neo Avatars

I like the idea, but you should add maps on how to get to them. Maybe some major uses, not much is needed though :lol:

Wow nice guide! I would never have the patience to take all those pics! Great job

~Mole :lol:

Ok, I've added most of the writing now.

I realised that I missed out the Legends Guild Bank so I will add that later.

Could somebody please do the part about Llyeta Bank please.

All comments positive or negative are appreciated.

If you are really brave then you may dare to climb all the way to the top floor of this building and have one of the best views in the whole of Runescape.
LOL! I'm brave! Edited by thomas154321

I think I should be able to get a picture of the Lleyta bank, but should I just post the picture, or text as well?

Edit: Here's the Picture:lleyta2ts.png

And some info: The bank of Lleyta may not be very crowded, but right behind the bank, there is a field of 10 or so flax plants. If you visit this bank, you'll be in seclusion. The city of Lleyta offers much to do as well.

Edited by Phisher07

Very nice guide

But seriously Neo you have a heap of free time

Nope, 2 hrs one day, 2 hrs the next. Not very long in my opinion.

LOL! I'm brave!

Just because I found it scary you don't have to make fun of me :lol: :)

I think I should be able to get a picture of the Lleyta bank, but should I just post the picture, or text as well?

Edit: Here's the Picture:

And some info: The bank of Lleyta may not be very crowded, but right behind the bank, there is a field of 10 or so flax plants. If you visit this bank, you'll be in seclusion. The city of Lleyta offers much to do as well.

Thanks for that, but could you please upload the image without the box checked that automatically resizes it.

Edited by Neo Avatars

Man how did you know every bank is? By the way there is no Grand Tree Bank map and the others just take long to load.

#1: I been playing a long time.

#2: There is a pic of the bank like all others.

#3: Yes, I know there are a lot of images.

Have a few corrections:

Burthope Bank

Once down there are eight Safes that you can try to open if you ahev a high enough Thieving level.

Falador East Bank

Falador East Bank is located South f Falador Park and North of the ground entrance to the Mining Guild.

Seers Village Bank

Seers Vilalge may be small, but there is a lot to do. It is used a lot to buy and sell Logs, Flax, Bow Strings and Seeds.

Yanile Bank

Zanaris Bank

It is used by Comic Rune crafters because there is the Cosmic Alter in the South of the city.

Burthorpe bank should be:

Once down there are eight Safes that you can try to open if you have a high enough Thieving level. (spelled "have" wrong)

Falador East should be:

Falador East Bank is located South of Falador Park and North of the ground entrance to the Mining Guild. (forgot the "o" on "of")

Seers Village should be:

Seers Village may be small, but there is a lot to do. It is used a lot to buy and sell Logs, Flax, Bow Strings and Seeds. (spelled Village wrong)

Yanille should be:

Yanille (Spelled Yanille wrong in title)

Zanaris should be:

It is used by Comic Rune crafters because there is the Cosmic Altar in the South of the city. (spelled altar wrong)

Those are the only mistakes i caught! Very nice job on the guide!

~Mole :lol:

Ok, thanks added those corrections.

I knew I would spell Yanille incorrectly at least once. I hate that word even more than Ardougne :lol:

The other ones were probably just because I was typing quicker than usual or with the Zanaris one it was because I didn't know how to spell the word correctly.

Added bit about Llyeta Bank.

Added bit about Legends Guild Bank.

I think it's complete now.

Edited by Neo Avatars

You should add maps of their locations. Just like get a map of the city (use the rs.com map) and then circle where the bank is.

Hmm great guide :D But...In Fremennik Province, during the Fremennik Trials quest you can talk to someone there :s and deposit all your stuff in bank but you cannot withdraw them from him, might not be a bank but it's usefull if you want to store stuff in your bank :o

~vlad~ :o

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.