Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wee

How "spoiled" Are You?

What kind of stuff do you guys have that you got from your parents/relatives, like Xbox360, iPod, Cell Phones, TV's, etc.

I'm proud to say that I have nothing Except for a family computer, and an old SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System). If I want something, I have to pay for it with my own cash.

How do you guys get all your toys and gadgets?

(Please, no flaming and saying stuff like I DON'T CARE or OMG UR SOOOOOOO SPOILED U FAT cabbage)

:aware:

Edited by Xaria
Don't evade the filters.

I mostly buy everything with my own money. I got a Game Cube, T.V, VCR, DVD Player, Nintendo Wii, stereo system, Game boy, Game boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, about 50 games in total for all systems, and a whole bunch of other expensive things within about 2 years by saving up. My ultimate goal is to save up for a Laptop. So, I don't really think I'm spoiled at all, really...

Edited by Lord Earth13

I got my laptop, pendant/ necklace thingy, iPod, and several of my favorite clothing from getting straight As and acing education, doing chores "correctly", learning how to cook successfully and all this other stuff I have to do for a long time.

I sometimes wonder if it's all worth it at the end. :aware:

Hmm. I have my iPod, my Laptop (although everyone at our school is required to have one), and um...I'm not sure what else...

Well...I am not really spoiled, more like my sisters and I in general...

~Wii (really they bought it for my eldest sister)

~Xbox(really they bought it for my middle sister)

~My cell phone(Received on my 13th birthday)

~Playstation 2(Christmas of 2003?[My sister bought 3 more O.o])

~I got my sisters old Laptop in summer of 2006(Getting a new one this Christmas)

~My sister goes to expensive college.

~Our house was 375,000$(its is very nice in my standards ;))

~Also am going Skiing this winter :D

Edited by Ihatebacon56

I would have to say I'm pretty spoiled. My parents pay for my food, clothes, gas money, and let me live in their house. Plus they're paying for my education.

I don't get any toys or gadgets from them except on Christmas and my birthday, but I didn't ask them for anything on my birthday this year. They just give me stuff on holidays because they want to.

Edited by Bub 5000

I'm not that spoilt.

I have to pay for almost all electronics.

I have an Xbox360, which my brothers and I all paid for it.

I have a GameBoy Advance SP, which I bought.

I have a PSP, which I bought as an early christmas present for myself. (Two days before christmas!)

I have a computer, but its a Windows 1998, and is so bad, it can't uninstall half the stuff I want it to, and can barely play any games, and worst of all, has no internet. Yet. It did when it was in our study, and couldn't play Runescape sadly, cos its so old. It only got moved to my room because my parents redid our whole study, and had to put it somewhere.

I am privileged to earn $40 New Zealand dollars a month, but $20 goes into my bank account which I cannot access. I will also get money deducted if I behave badly, or don't do my chores. And blimey, that's a lot. We live on a 10 acre block, and my dad owns 24 horses, which do not all live at our house, thankfully. He breeds and sells them. We also have only 7 cows, which will be going to the works, except for one, which will go to our rather large freezer.

I go to a private school, and luckily I am smart enough to be able to contend for scholarships, which hopefully I get.

You could just say I live a luxury lifestyle, though not a lazy one.

I am not spoiled. I am asian. My parents think "You can do it, but you will get distracted from homework, so if it's so important, buy it yourself"

I have:

Cell phone (crappy)

Computer

mp3 player

That's about it... <_<

I have a computer, but its a Windows 1998

:rofl:

Edited by I Like Pie739

I was grown up in a bad background (lol no details)

So basically, if I wanted something, I had to get it myself.

This means:

Food

Games

Cloths

Accessories (skateboard and stuff)

Money for movies, going out, etc

You name it. Only things I got for free: water and shelter.

EDIT:

@ Xraven92

I don't believe you. ^_^

EDIT2:

Girls have it lucky. They can just "whip" a guy and get what they want. :wub:

wont go into "whip"

Edited by Fumetsu Neko

I am privileged to earn $40 New Zealand dollars a month, but $20 goes into my bank account which I cannot access. I will also get money deducted if I behave badly, or don't do my chores. And blimey, that's a lot. We live on a 10 acre block, and my dad owns 24 horses, which do not all live at our house, thankfully. He breeds and sells them. We also have only 7 cows, which will be going to the works, except for one, which will go to our rather large freezer.

I go to a private school, and luckily I am smart enough to be able to contend for scholarships, which hopefully I get.

You could just say I live a luxury lifestyle, though not a lazy one.

Cripes I just looked into a mirror of my life (kinda) we even live in the same country, I get $40 too, although all that goes to my bank account and I do have an outside job which would usually bag me about 100-200 a month (only weekend work, and that depended how much I did)

I [used to] go to a public school, (public education is decent in the economically left nations, just so everybody knows)

I have a PS2, and a Laptop(Which I'll be stealing internet with next year) both of which I brought myself, and a stereo with one speaker.

And I'm off to university next year (W00T!)

It's a long story...

I got a PS2, which my sister asked for, NOT ME, then I got a PSP randomly, like, random as in, walk into a electronic store and seeing a PSP random.

Then comes the Wii, which my parents got because of Wii Sports.

Oh yea, I also have a Game Boy Color from my Aunt.

erm, i get £15 a week from my parents/grand parents which is quite alot of pocket money :wub:

But i dont get treats or anything, used too.. when i was young and innocent.

I get 7$ a week, some of which goes to Xbox live, the rest goes to ME.

The 3 big thing I have from my parents is:

Cell Phone (birthday)

Computer (My previous one was 6 years old and barely ran)

Xbox 360 Halo 3 Edition (I got it for my birthday, and I had to pay for half)

I wouldn't call myself spoiled really... I mean, yeah, I pretty much get what I want, but I hardly ever want anything.

like Xbox360, iPod, Cell Phones, TV's, etc

You answered it for me right there :wizard:

I got a 360 Premium w/ Halo 3 reserved, Ipod Classic 80gb, a new phone plan, a hand-me-down guitar, pc desk, and a camcorder.

I helped pay for the 360, phone plan, and the camcorder.

The guitar and desk were free from my brother.

The ipod was for my b-day.

but the best for last.....*drumroll*

I GOT A 12 PACK OF CHICKEN RAMEN FOR $2.00! JEALOUS?

Edited by Ramen Noodles

If I'm lucky, my family may have enough money to buy some blankets this year.

I wouldn't call myself spoiled really... I mean, yeah, I pretty much get what I want, but I hardly ever want anything.

Thats me. My parents have quite a lot of money we're living pretty comfertably I can get just about anything and unless I start asking for something worth about 100 USD every month or something they'll usually get it for me.

So yeah my parents do pay for pretty much everything I want but I'm usually content with little things so I'm not that spoiled I think.

I don't get an allowance and I wouldn't say that I'm spoiled since like most, I only get food and clothes and a roof over my head but I get £30 a week for going to school from the government :(

<3 Tony Blair

I know he isn't PM anymore but he brought in EMAs

Er... I've got my dad's old crappy laptop. Probably worth $150? I've got a bed lawl. I get bread and cheese too <- rofl JK :unsure:

I don't get any allowance, and as for clothing, I pretty much get $10-30 clothes and have like 5 of each... thing? Pants, shorts, T-shirts that is.

And my parents pay for piano lessons which are $41 each week and travel basketball which is like $300 for the season.

Oh yeah I've got a $300 iPod last Christmas and a $400 drum set last birthday. MY gifts are getting better as I get older lawl.

Edited by Jeff

Nintendo DS: Payed for with mah own moneyz

4 gig Creative Zen MP3 player: Payed for with mah own moneyz

Wii: Combined birthday christmas thing from last year, 50$ of which was payed with mah own moneyz.

Hopefully a 360 as a birthday christmas thing this year (God I love having my birthday 18 days from christmas) and I may pay for that with mah own moneyz. Mah own moneyz came from my own jobz which I got fired from because the guy didnt fill in for me on vacation. :unsure:

Edit: I talked them into a sexy computer with a 17" HD monitor. Minor spoil. :)

Edited by Zimmy

One Aunt gave me a PSP and a Gameboy colour,.

Another Aunt gave me two PSP games, a new computer, and some cool computer lights.

I'm not that spoiled actually.. I try not to waste anything.