Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yuanrang

Duel Arena Tournaments And Changes

this update is terrible!

sure the tournament is a cool idea, but did they have to ruin staking?

i don't stake, but many do and this just ruins their money-making

goodbye rares <_<

-MM-

hahahaha finnally done with those pures and stakers <_< good job jagex.

Soon no more annoying auto talkers and sellers :wub:...

This game is becoming good :)

I love that idea of not allowing pkers to attack who doesnt want to fight in wildy lol... wont hapen but i would like it... Booo for pkers :aware:

Edited by zadkiel_x

I actually like the update. It makes the dual arena combat based on skill, and not the one item, no armour, no melee/magic usual staking that used to take place there.

this update is terrible!

sure the tournament is a cool idea, but did they have to ruin staking?

i don't stake, but many do and this just ruins their money-making

goodbye rares -.-

-MM-

Goodbye rares? :)

This new system doesn't remove rares from the game, so your point is moot. ;)

hahahaha finnally done with those pures and stakers -.- good job jagex.

Soon no more annoying auto talkers and sellers ;)...

I love that idea of not allowing pkers to attack who doesnt want to fight in wildy lol... wont hapen but i would like it... Booo for pkers :)

So...why do you hate pures and stakers? Because they destroy you in the wild and duel arena?

Jagex wont get rid of autoers...it won't happen.

lol i guess you're one of those people who dosen't dare to go in the wild :)

Yea This is such a horrible update... So iI saw the update and decided to go omy pure. When i got down there I decided to enter a tournament that had high ranks thinking it would be all ppl my levl, so i paid my 9k or somthing and it sent me to this pit and the lowest levl there (besides me)was like 100... So i was in the tournament for about 10 seconds before getting owned... The update is pretty much the fight pits but you can win "64 mil" and there can be rules. I recccomend not going unless you are atlest levl 100. :,(

Edit: also i noticed the updated the highscore.

Edited by Chaos King

hahahaha finnally done with those pures and stakers -.- good job jagex.

Soon no more annoying auto talkers and sellers ;)...

I love that idea of not allowing pkers to attack who doesnt want to fight in wildy lol... wont hapen but i would like it... Booo for pkers :)

So...why do you hate pures and stakers? Because they destroy you in the wild and duel arena?

Jagex wont get rid of autoers...it won't happen.

lol i guess you're one of those people who dosen't dare to go in the wild :)

actually i duel no staking and win most of them... I mostly duel with my friends cause when u duel a pure or a staker u get insulted for being stronger or weaker wich i believe ruins the fun of the game....

Now about my hate of pker... I runecraft and i do clue scorlls is that enough of an explanation... and the worst aprt of it is that whn u come back geared up for them they run away...

Pures are most likely frustrated kids who thinks that by getting 1 skill up they will beat everyone up... but as soon as they find someone better then them its already a laod of insults coming toward you...

so yah the day jagex makes it non-profitable for them to insult you will be the best day for me... I like playing the game and having fun with my friends without getting insulted for no reasons every 5 minutes :(

again i shouldnt generalise but its my opinion of what i saw... If anyoen takes any offenses in my post then maybe they are just the type i described :D

and has a personnal message to ghostfoot...its inda hard when ur combat lvl 100+ to get destroyed by a pure :P

Edited by zadkiel_x

bad choice by jagex :o people are gonna be so mad about no staking

thanks jagex, you killed another way of making money, way to lose memberships :blink:

~Drcheesedude

If you look at official forum, many people are now selling their rares for prices lower than the current market prices. What they don't undertstand is that they are exactly the ones who're causing the prices to go down. :blink:

If everyone doesn't do anything, the prices would not have changed much, at least in a short term. This is like a self-fulfilling expectation. All expect rares' prices to go down, they don't want to make a loss, so everyone starts selling their rares, increasing demand and causing tje prices to decrease.

Anyone else think prices will go up after all this fuss?

Looks like a lot of people are mad. Wow.

Anyways, it doesn't really affect me because I've quit all combat-related activities, like dueling and stuff, for a while. The only problem I have is the rares dropping in price, which makes me queasy. Don't tell me santas will be 1m soon (well, that's an exaggeration, but still).

If you look at official forum, many people are now selling their rares for prices lower than the current market prices. What they don't undertstand is that they are exactly the ones who're causing the prices to go down. ;)

If everyone doesn't do anything, the prices would not have changed much, at least in a short term. This is like a self-fulfilling expectation. All expect rares' prices to go down, they don't want to make a loss, so everyone starts selling their rares, increasing demand and causing tje prices to decrease.

Anyone else think prices will go up after all this fuss?

Prices are going down because stakers are now forced to sell their rares. Rares only use was to stake high. Now they are basically useless, so everyone wants to get rid of them.

`Vlad

Pairing system needs some work.

I paid the 5k entrance fee

Walk to my first match a lvl 123 in full dharocks with a str cape. Mind you im only lvl 87.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Do you understand the meaning of that quote? I implement it here because I would like to ask:

Is it really worth it to RUIN big money staking for a little protection from real world traders?

It shore is :wub: Gold farmers/Real world traders ruin the game for honest people.

You weren't really supposed to stake your stuff, you were allowed to. Making money really wasn't the point of the Duel Arena anyway. This update draws the real idea of it back to the original idea. The Duel Arena was becoming so saturated with pures that a regular, lower-leveled player could hardly ever find anyone to fight fairly. Now, this update puts the fun of the Duel Arena back in the hands of average (level 50-90) players, while still having a way for higher players to participate. Good update from a business perspective, it's one more thing that an average player can do and still have a good time.

Think about it, it's content that makes people go to members. If there's more accessible content, more will become members. There will likely be fewer people quitting RS over this than there will be renewed memberships because of increased content.

No I think more people will quit. ^_^ I can tell because there are usually a lot of staker's.If this happened to the wilderness guess how many people will quit and go for Wow and other MMORGS? :s

Pairing system needs some work.

I paid the 5k entrance fee

Walk to my first match a lvl 123 in full dharocks with a str cape. Mind you im only lvl 87.

Thats not fair?

I don't know how to put it; this duel arena update SUCKS.

:unsure:

Here's a post from dogflogger on the official forums

REPOST THIS IF YOU THINK JAGEX HAS LOST THEIR MINDS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jagex Checklist things to update:

* Fishing - you no longer fish, but stand by water hoping they jump in inventory,have to make sure botters dont win.

* Mining- 3 ores an hour, have to make sure botters dont win.

* Farming - real life growing time , same results, have to make sure botters dont win.

* Wilderness- Pots seperated into milimeters - must drink 30 times for full effect, no bringing in more then 10k worth of items, lest people start real-life trading via their death loot.

* Pest control- now to be known as "Chicken-control", players can only kill 5 however and no tickets will be awarded, prize system removed - too many botters there.

* Game controls - you must now move your mouse with your nose, some peoples hands might work little better- cant have any advantages can we?

* Forums - Copy and Pasting is now considered a macro, perm bannable.

* Herblore- you have to clean each leaf 57 times before usable in a potion, have to make sure botters dont win.

Finally,

lock up all the partyhats, masks, santas, and other rares because god forbid players can make enough money for them - What are they doing real-world trading?

~

~

~"You know, communism never ended up working"

Edited by -REAPER-

I don't stalk, in fact, the only time I've been to the Duel Arena was to use the bank. Even so, I find that lowering the cap to 5k was weak. I mean 5k is pocket change to most people. I think a more acceptable cap is 100k. That way noobs won't cry to their mother when they lost, and people can still make a good profit.

In other news: I want the Grand Exchange! :unsure:

Hehe someone posted this on the forums..

~Ruind-Scape!The Once-Massive Online Adventure Game~

I Have A Sweet Idea Jagex!!!

Next Update!!

November 20th ~All Jagex Mods Have Been Fired.We Are Hiring New Non Idiotic Fools~!

Guest Take This Post Seriously
I think stakers should get over it,its a minigame not an endless money bag.Get runecrafting...jeez..

:unsure: wub u jagex.Keep it up!Now update wildy so they cant kill some1 who doesnt want to fight in there. :o

That better be sarcasm! :crying: The duel arena was a RISK. You win some, you loose some. That was the point! Now it's just... Oh, and who ever said that now it was better for average players, thats not true at all. When I was a member ever so often I would go down to the duel arena and do a few 10k wagers. See, a non-stalker is annoyed too.

Thus implying that more common duelists are stalkers?

Seriously, relax about this update. There's no need to get yourself all worked up - instead, just try to adapt and get yourself a respectable ranking on the high scores. ;)

~Chaoserver's Ex-Butler, Emanick1 :)

Hehe someone posted this on the forums..

~Ruind-Scape!The Once-Massive Online Adventure Game~

I Have A Sweet Idea Jagex!!!

Next Update!!

November 20th ~All Jagex Mods Have Been Fired.We Are Hiring New Non Idiotic Fools~!

It must have been hard being a Jagex mod.

Holy crap, the Duel Arena rant topic has almost 9k posts in one day, whereas the combat skill and censor rants topics have about 9k COMBINED in a period of several months.

Wow, can anyone say BAD UPDATE?

I can.

This also is the first time I think Jagex had made a bad update.

Edited by -REAPER-

Holy crap, the Duel Arena rant topic has almost 9k posts in one day, whereas the combat skill and censor rants topics have about 9k COMBINED in a period of several months.

Wow, can anyone say BAD UPDATE?

I can.

Not a BAD update, just a lot of people don't like it. ^_^

Guest flamengista

""There is now a cap to the amount a player can win in the space of 15 minutes in a staked duel, which is set to 3,000 coins. This limit will make it harder for real-world traders to unfairly use the Duel Arena as a covert way of transferring items. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes duelling you now have the duel tournaments instead! """

W.O.W.

jagex GF

omg are you kidding me?!?!?!?

first is pc and now staking!

whats next pking????? stupid nubs, cant u see your RUINING the game

think for once come on ..... how are we going to stake now??

rs is getting worst instead of better

jagex do something that "RUNESCAPE" players like not something that you guys like

really bad updates

^_^

this new update is a good concept,but needs a massive amount of modifying.

why? well for a start its simply more luck,no fairness at all.

why?well fight 1 im against a 88,i won easily.2nd fight im against a 112,another win,fair much? and then i get a nice old fight with a 126 who 2 hitted me with bgs.how fair.

another tournament,this time with less rules.first match i get a lvl 112 ice barrage farcaster using sharks.yay.waste of 12k. joy.

so they need to make it that you fight your own levels (unless theres noone else left.),and also players should be able to hold their own tournaments,with a system similar to ba.

though i did win a large no rule tourey,84k win =)